Looking for a high/large volume Honda dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005 | 11:38 AM
User Registered

Looking for a high/large volume Honda dealer...

I'm preparing for my next auto purchases (2006 Honda Pilot and 2005/2006 Accord Hybrid) and am looking for a high/large volume Honda dealership. Preferably in the Southwest, but anywhere in the US is fine.

I use the term "high/large" in terms of their sales volume. As they will normally be able to work a better deal. And as you can see, I'm willing to travel for my purchase if they are worth it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2005 | 01:13 PM
go like hell

Marysville Honda:
I don't know their exact volume. but I do know they carry a lot of cars. For example. when the Ridgeline first hit. Most dealers only had 1 maybe 2 in the showroom. I know Marysville Honda had 5. Plus they JUST opened like a year ago. so everything new there. Mom and Dad ordered their 05 Odyseey in their.
Allen Nott Honda/Toyota wouldn't come down on price.
Voss Honda called me a liar. So I said fine you wanna call me a liar I won't order another car from you again.
Marysville Honda is like 45 mins to an hour northwest of Columbus. If you need someone to run you out there let me know I'll hook you up man.
Old 05-16-2005 | 01:55 PM
User Registered

Thanks. I'm going to give them a call now. They'll be the first in a list of many I'm sure. I shopped 36 dealerships for my Acura, it worked out well so I'll use the same approach.
Old 05-16-2005 | 02:40 PM
Team Owner

Is that really true that high volumes don't give a shit? I see the logic, just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth.
Old 05-16-2005 | 03:16 PM
Banned

How about selling 9000 honda cars yearly... Only one place you can go, Rick Case Honda.

Largest Honda dealer in the world ....

Only catch is there in S Florida or 15mins away from me lol
Old 05-16-2005 | 03:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Doom878
Is that really true that high volumes don't give a shit? I see the logic, just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth.
They give a shit, but are easier to deal with for the most part. Due to the fact they have the volume, so they don't have to be so particular on holding gross on every vehicle sold.

Where let's say a dealer is much smaller, they will be less interested in giving a large discount on a vehicle.

But regardless, small dealer or large.......a salesman's job is to sell the car/truck for the most that he or she can.
Old 05-16-2005 | 03:35 PM
G
Bitten.

No offense man, but for the nominal amount that you will save by going out of state, if there is any savings, will be eatin up by your travel expenses, possibly even costing you more than it would have to just purchase locally.

Just go to First Texas Honda and buy locally.

Sorry, I just find it absurd to travel outside your homestate to save a buck or two, only to spend tenfold on getting that "excellent" deal home.
Old 05-16-2005 | 04:00 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Beltfed
They give a shit, but are easier to deal with for the most part. Due to the fact they have the volume, so they don't have to be so particular on holding gross on every vehicle sold.

Where let's say a dealer is much smaller, they will be less interested in giving a large discount on a vehicle.

But regardless, small dealer or large.......a salesman's job is to sell the car/truck for the most that he or she can.
Yeah I know that. I just wanted to see what a car salesman member would say since they're inside the industry. It's probably like 97% true but I wanted to hear they're take.
Old 05-16-2005 | 04:03 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Doom878
Yeah I know that. I just wanted to see what a car salesman member would say since they're inside the industry. It's probably like 97% true but I wanted to hear they're take.
How do you know I never sold cars before?
Old 05-16-2005 | 06:31 PM
Team Owner

Old 05-16-2005 | 09:04 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
No offense man, but for the nominal amount that you will save by going out of state, if there is any savings, will be eatin up by your travel expenses, possibly even costing you more than it would have to just purchase locally.

Just go to First Texas Honda and buy locally.

Sorry, I just find it absurd to travel outside your homestate to save a buck or two, only to spend tenfold on getting that "excellent" deal home.
I got my TL $3500.00 under MSRP. That's more than enough to make up for my $280.00 flight and $80 dollars in fuel to go back to where I was. Which, by the way, I wrote off in taxes as it was business related travel. I roll my eyes at people that don't want to even try looking for that better deal.

First Texas Honda can kiss my a$$. Went to them twice for two other cars and they wouldn't deal and when they did, their starting price was ridiculous. Try to sell me an S2000 for 5k over MSRP. You must be f'ing nuts. Not to mention they treated my girl like crap when she went there herself. If you want a Honda in Austin only, I'd go to Howdy Honda. Great service and people... at least when I bought my last two cars there.

Peace.

Last edited by TrikHed; 05-16-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2005 | 09:13 PM
User Registered

Originally Posted by F900
How about selling 9000 honda cars yearly... Only one place you can go, Rick Case Honda.

Largest Honda dealer in the world ....

Only catch is there in S Florida or 15mins away from me lol
Nice. I've a few friends I want to visit in Ft. Lauderdale anyway... just called one of them check this place out for me.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2005 | 09:31 PM
User Registered

No offense man, ...
None taken here and I hope none taken on your end on my other post. I've just been hassled by too many dealerships thinking they are the end-all dealer. Since I travel so much, I realized that I don't have to limit myself to one dealer.

BTW... what happened to your CLS? Sweet car, almost got one until I decided to wait to see what 2004 had in store.
Old 05-16-2005 | 10:21 PM
go like hell

Originally Posted by TrikHed
I got my TL $3500.00 under MSRP. That's more than enough to make up for my $280.00 flight and $80 dollars in fuel to go back to where I was. Which, by the way, I wrote off in taxes as it was business related travel. I roll my eyes at people that don't want to even try looking for that better deal.

First Texas Honda can kiss my a$$. Went to them twice for two other cars and they wouldn't deal and when they did, their starting price was ridiculous. Try to sell me an S2000 for 5k over MSRP. You must be f'ing nuts. Not to mention they treated my girl like crap when she went there herself. If you want a Honda in Austin only, I'd go to Howdy Honda. Great service and people... at least when I bought my last two cars there.

Peace.
I can hook you up with a deal because dad works at Honda. For example they just ordered their 05 Odyseey EX-L with tow package and some other stuff. WITH TAX out the door it was 30 grand. which no one could touch.
Only thing is probably I could have dad have it delivery it into Alabama which is closer for you.
he can order 2 cars a year. (one being the odyseey and one being yours if you want)
Old 05-16-2005 | 10:30 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by TrikHed
None taken here and I hope none taken on your end on my other post. I've just been hassled by too many dealerships thinking they are the end-all dealer. Since I travel so much, I realized that I don't have to limit myself to one dealer.

BTW... what happened to your CLS? Sweet car, almost got one until I decided to wait to see what 2004 had in store.
None taken here. I also got my TL at way below MSRP, from Sterling Acura, here in Austin. I guess that it really depends on the current salesman and manger cause I have had great experiences at 1st.

And, since you can write the travel off as a business expense, then for you, I say that it makes sense.

I sold,errr, traded in the CL-S for an 04 TL. Then, I sold the TL and got the Z06 which I drive now. If you can't tell, I love cars!
Old 05-17-2005 | 08:16 AM
go like hell

None taken here. I also got my TL at way below MSRP, from Sterling Acura, here in Austin. I guess that it really depends on the current salesman and manger cause I have had great experiences at 1st.

And, since you can write the travel off as a business expense, then for you, I say that it makes sense.

I sold,errr, traded in the CL-S for an 04 TL. Then, I sold the TL and got the Z06 which I drive now. If you can't tell, I love cars!
your 22 and have had an 04 TL and a Z06 someone has some money.
I love cars but I just couldn't swing payments like that plus insurance.
Old 05-17-2005 | 10:55 AM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by Water-S
your 22 and have had an 04 TL and a Z06 someone has some money.
I love cars but I just couldn't swing payments like that plus insurance.
That's the best part, insurance on the Vette is the same as insurance on the TL.

Plus, it is just priorities. I spend the majority of my disposable income on cars!
Old 05-17-2005 | 12:18 PM
Team Owner

WTF. HOw is that possible? The TL is 10x safer and has way less power. Oh well why fight it.