^^^^
Old 08-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,657 Likes on 2,491 Posts
Old 08-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts

Alex, sounds like a plan, man!
Just bring more of that salami and we'll be okay!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
I didn't like the older ES' because they looked too much like the Camry but the newer ones are TITS Definitely much more GS feeling/look to it and megusta
Yeah I remember older ES's looked ugly AF.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
#clublexus
#clubpenguin

Originally Posted by nist7
Gorgeous car.

My own curiosity: specific reasons for choosing ES 350 vs a loaded Avalon? AFAIK both are the same platform, and supposedly Avalon has a bit more interior and cargo room (marginal). Though obviously I assume some other things may be nicer in the Lexus (road noise, interior quality, certain features/options not available on the Avalon).
Thank you!

I work at a Lexus dealership, so I only get employee discounts and Lexus incentives towards Lexus products The Avalon is certainly a lot of car for the money, but I still prefer the looks and ride of the ES.

Originally Posted by ggesq

Originally Posted by knight rider
I've never been in a 17 ES. Lexus did a good job with the interior. I like the lines and segmentation of the dashboard. May your skin wrinkle like your driver side seat hip bolters. Congrats!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Beak14
"And Just Like That...I've Become a Senior Citizen"

Well, at least you get to enjoy your senior years while you're still young!

Nice car, by the way. It should be very good to you, and yours.
Thank you! We're excited

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Jesus...that is luxury.
M's head must be exploding at this upgrade.
She's mostly excited about the moonroof and auto-down windows #simplebish

Originally Posted by RDX10
THAT IS A ES!?!! Like holy cow! This has come SOOOOOO far from previous ES's. I'm actually legitimately shocked. Wow! What engine is this, is it the new 3.5 with 300+hp? I absolutely love the LS inspired tail lights. Really am quite surprised right now, when did this thing become so nice?
This generation started in 2013, with a mid-model refresh for the 2016 model year. 3.5L V6, 268-horsepower.

Originally Posted by kurtatx
Love it. Lexus is what Cadillac wishes it was.
Luxury-wise, yes. Performance wise, not even close

Originally Posted by akplaya92
Congratulations Tyler, that thing is beautiful! I love almost every car in their lineup. I bet that thing has an amazing ride quality. You cannot beat Lexus quality.

We were test driving a IS-300 F-Sport the other week for my girlfriend .
Thank you sir! What were your thoughts of the IS?

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
They're a solid car for just daily driving. I know our employees have been offered a similar discount that makes them really cheap to get into as well. Congrats.
The incentives were too good to pass up! Plus the Master Certification allowance makes this car nearly free

Originally Posted by rockstar143
for what Tyler is paying, I'd have 2 of them. One for MWF and the other for TH. I'd still drive the CTS-V T and the weekend.
Send it up here and I'll drive it on the weekends for you

Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
Nice, I just rode in a friend's ES and was amazed, very nice!
Thank you! The ride is amazing!

Originally Posted by TacoBello
If the ES350 is still as reliable as it was back in the day, you will likely never have to do anything on that car besides oil changes and air filters and tires. The ES350 may not be a sports car, but it is reliable and maintenance free as fuck. Its what the TLX wishes it could be.

I haven't seen any issues with the 2013+ ES models. Plenty of tech, smooth ride, takes regular gas...there isn't much to complain about! Well, other than it's not a GS

Originally Posted by Aman
New Lexus and granite countertops That's when you know you made it.

Congrats on the new car!
Thank you Aman! I'm trying my best! I hope all is well dude

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
Congrats on the pickup Tyler. I bet they have some awesome employee pricing
Thanks Jason! Employee pricing helps, but Lexus doubled their rebates for Master Certified employees, which luckily I am. I can PM you exactly what we got

Originally Posted by ttribe
Yup.

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Tim beat me to it.

Congrats, anyway! Happy wife, happy life.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Marcelechka
Congrats again Ty!
Thank you sir! Congrats on the S4

Tyler's is the facelifted model for this gen. as well. The next gen. is already in development and suppose to look similar to the upcoming LS, as well as have its own F-Sport variant.

I never thought I would be excited for a new ES, but the 2018 should be

Originally Posted by JT4
Congrats to you and the wife on the Lexus. The ES is a great car that gets a bad rep for the market it caters to, but I have seen more and more younger people driving them over the last 2+ years.. A couple of years ago Lexus did a Crafted Line series ES which was basically cosmetic pkg which I thought gave it a more sporty look..

BTW - I literally laughed out loud reading your "This vehicle has the lowly, scum-class, Luxury Package " comment... Too funny....

Enjoy the ES..
Thank you! Lexus is slowly starting to cater to the younger buyer, resulting in some of the sporty looks. It's a love/hate for some of the traditional Lexus clients, but I really like the new design direction.

Those Crafted Line ES models were such a pain to sell I like the black grill and wheels, but door handles?! Really?? I did like the red/black interior through. The matching luggage too

Originally Posted by Jakes_tl
I know the ES gets a bad rep sometimes but I think it a great car! You really do get a lot of car for the money.
Yes, you really do! The GS is my favorite Lexus sedan but the incentives weren't as strong on it compared to the ES. Plus this is my wife's car, not mine

Originally Posted by justnspace
bruh, pick me up so we can hotbox it
aiiiiiiight

Originally Posted by EL19
The ES is a great car, I used to have a 2000 ES300 in the stable years ago. Ran her until 280K, and sold it for $6K. Currently have a 07 GS350 RWD as my DD, and it's still great. You won't regret the new Lexus at all. Enjoy!
Thank you! My wife and I are really excited

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Congrats on the new Lexus We have owned two ES models (2004 and 2007) and they were both great vehicles.
Thank you! The ES is often overlooked but it's a lot of car for the money!

Originally Posted by juniorbean
I've always liked the ES. It just gets the job done and looks pretty good doing it.

Throw some new wheels on that bad boy and you'll be all set
This car already has tint...so it's done with modifications

Hopefully the Tacoma will be getting some new shoes at some point

I hope all is well

Originally Posted by dallison
I like the ES too. It looks so close to the gs and is a good bargain.
Yes it is! The GS is still my favorite though.

Originally Posted by alexSU
Thanks for chauffeuring us around on Saturday You guys def picked the best color and that ride is too damn smooth! Love it! M is going to be spoiled with all those features bruh, she'll never accept a downgrade after this
Yeah, I fucked myself when it comes to cars she'll drive now

I didn't like the older ES' because they looked too much like the Camry but the newer ones are TITS Definitely much more GS feeling/look to it and megusta

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
Sweet! I think you can get prime parking when you go to get your 2 for 1 Luann when you roll up with that.
I don't there's another reason why someone would buy an ES, is there?
The following 3 users liked this post by CLtotheTL32:
JT4 (08-09-2017), nist7 (08-08-2017), ttribe (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Thank you!

I work at a Lexus dealership, so I only get employee discounts and Lexus incentives towards Lexus products The Avalon is certainly a lot of car for the money, but I still prefer the looks and ride of the ES.

Thanks Jason! Employee pricing helps, but Lexus doubled their rebates for Master Certified employees, which luckily I am. I can PM you exactly what we got
Niiiiiiiiice. Dude that is a no brainer if you work for Lexus/dealer and can get great discounts!! It sounds like you're a Master ASE/technician then? Are there specific training/certs for Toyota/Lexus?

Not to go too much off-topic, but IF I'm market for a Lexus in you area I'll hit you up!

My GF's family works for Ford and she got employee/family discount on her Focus. I can get some minor friends discount but not nearly as good.

You know I've thought that having someone in the family (or very very close friends who can provide insights/tips) in the following industries are going to make life quite nice for many:
-Automotive dealer/manufacturing/repair (for the great car deals and also insights/deals on repairs)
-Airline employee/crew (high level enough to get free rides of course haha!)
-Lawyer (legal advice/insights)
-Physician (medical advice/insights)
-Computer science/related (for computer building/repair/software)
Old 08-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Niiiiiiiiice. Dude that is a no brainer if you work for Lexus/dealer and can get great discounts!! It sounds like you're a Master ASE/technician then? Are there specific training/certs for Toyota/Lexus?

Not to go too much off-topic, but IF I'm market for a Lexus in you area I'll hit you up!

My GF's family works for Ford and she got employee/family discount on her Focus. I can get some minor friends discount but not nearly as good.

You know I've thought that having someone in the family (or very very close friends who can provide insights/tips) in the following industries are going to make life quite nice for many:
-Automotive dealer/manufacturing/repair (for the great car deals and also insights/deals on repairs)
-Airline employee/crew (high level enough to get free rides of course haha!)
-Lawyer (legal advice/insights)
-Physician (medical advice/insights)
-Computer science/related (for computer building/repair/software)
I'm a Wholesale Manager at a Lexus dealership I'm not very mechanically inclined

Lexus has certification courses depending on your role in the dealership. With me starting in the Technology Department, my tests and classes were regarding the model lineup and technological features and use. Once you're with Lexus 2 years and you're Master Certified (taking nearly every online and in-person course), Lexus corporate gives you a monthly allowance towards a lease. Combine that allowance with employee pricing and doubled manufacturer rebates, we're barely paying out of pocket for a $46k car

Like my parents always told me: "it's not what you know, it's who you know". I've been fortunate enough to help my parents and a few friends source vehicles and get good insight into how it all works. I still learn something new everyday though! It's certainly nice to know someone in each of those fields. TylerT and a few other members here have taught me a few things regarding the IT world; it's really cool stuff!
The following users liked this post:
nist7 (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Safety Car

I'm a Wholesale Manager at a Lexus dealership I'm not very mechanically inclined

Lexus has certification courses depending on your role in the dealership. With me starting in the Technology Department, my tests and classes were regarding the model lineup and technological features and use. Once you're with Lexus 2 years and you're Master Certified (taking nearly every online and in-person course), Lexus corporate gives you a monthly allowance towards a lease. Combine that allowance with employee pricing and doubled manufacturer rebates, we're barely paying out of pocket for a $46k car

Like my parents always told me: "it's not what you know, it's who you know". I've been fortunate enough to help my parents and a few friends source vehicles and get good insight into how it all works. I still learn something new everyday though! It's certainly nice to know someone in each of those fields. TylerT and a few other members here have taught me a few things regarding the IT world; it's really cool stuff!

Ahh I see. Guess I assumed that when I read "Master Certified" my mind automatically gravitated towards technician/repair side of things. But interesting to know Toyota/Lexus has an internal cert/promotions program. I myself have had not so great dealership experiences in the past but maybe I'll come into a friend who's a sales insider, heh. I'm not a huge fan of the information asymmetry between the buyer/seller and the usual tactics you hear about some dealers do to get people to buy (as seen on youtube/reddit). I'll definitely look at pre-owned/certified cars on dealer lots though if I personally know someone there. No offense!

I remember reading a sales ad for a Nissan GT-R and it mentioned that car was formerly the company car of a high level Nissan executive.....! Though of course those are gonna be very tough positions to attain.

That lease allowance is great though...having a company car just sounds nice!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Ahh I see. Guess I assumed that when I read "Master Certified" my mind automatically gravitated towards technician/repair side of things. But interesting to know Toyota/Lexus has an internal cert/promotions program. I myself have had not so great dealership experiences in the past but maybe I'll come into a friend who's a sales insider, heh. I'm not a huge fan of the information asymmetry between the buyer/seller and the usual tactics you hear about some dealers do to get people to buy (as seen on youtube/reddit). I'll definitely look at pre-owned/certified cars on dealer lots though if I personally know someone there. No offense!

I remember reading a sales ad for a Nissan GT-R and it mentioned that car was formerly the company car of a high level Nissan executive.....! Though of course those are gonna be very tough positions to attain.

We've all had crap dealership experiences, unfortunately. Myself included I try to treat everyone I interact with like a family member. Doing that and makes the rest easy, no matter the guests' decision.

If you ever have questions about a specific Lexus vehicle or need advice on pricing, just let me know! I'm happy to help
nist7 (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Safety Car

We've all had crap dealership experiences, unfortunately. Myself included I try to treat everyone I interact with like a family member. Doing that and makes the rest easy, no matter the guests' decision.

If you ever have questions about a specific Lexus vehicle or need advice on pricing, just let me know! I'm happy to help
Thanks a ton for the offer! I'll definitely have to keep this in mind. I'm located in KC so too bad you're not withing a weekend's drive away but still many people have bought cars out of state and drove/transport it back home. Especially if it's a good deal, specific car, or a great person/friend.

I'm not in a financial situation to look at newer/pre-owned Lexus vehicles yet but someone has to win them Powerball or Mega Millions.....
Old 08-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 687 Posts
The incentives were too good to pass up! Plus the Master Certification allowance makes this car nearly free
They are pretty tempting with such a giant rebate available before Lease Allowance.

I'm actually hoping to see if I can snag a GSF through it in December. A former co-worker Dec. 2015 grabbed a RCF for $650/month through a $4,000 rebate, tax credits, and a high residual. He ended up only paying $300/month for it once his certification kicked in. GS residuals are awful though, so it's going to be a rare chance of happening.
Those Crafted Line ES models were such a pain to sell I like the black grill and wheels, but door handles?! Really?? I did like the red/black interior through. The matching luggage too
Easier to move than the LS models. We ended up moving our last 2 of each to our loaner fleet. The IS & GS sold really fast, though.

They've got a very strong internal program, esp. if you work for the corporate headquarters. 1 person ordered a RC350 & a GS350, another a $100,000 LS, and recently, I've had around 3 LCs come through the courtesy program. A major up to those folks is that they can special order certain options/combinations directly through the manufacturer. Before Smoky Granite made a return to the public, we had 1 GS come through with it a year prior. Also had a Molten Orange NX F-Sport come through that typically, isn't available to order through our southern region.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:11 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Nice pick up and work perks. Why did I end up working for Toyota? employees don't get squat
Old 08-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Safety Car

They are pretty tempting with such a giant rebate available before Lease Allowance.

I'm actually hoping to see if I can snag a GSF through it in December. A former co-worker Dec. 2015 grabbed a RCF for $650/month through a $4,000 rebate, tax credits, and a high residual. He ended up only paying $300/month for it once his certification kicked in. GS residuals are awful though, so it's going to be a rare chance of happening.

Easier to move than the LS models. We ended up moving our last 2 of each to our loaner fleet. The IS & GS sold really fast, though.

They've got a very strong internal program, esp. if you work for the corporate headquarters. 1 person ordered a RC350 & a GS350, another a $100,000 LS, and recently, I've had around 3 LCs come through the courtesy program. A major up to those folks is that they can special order certain options/combinations directly through the manufacturer. Before Smoky Granite made a return to the public, we had 1 GS come through with it a year prior. Also had a Molten Orange NX F-Sport come through that typically, isn't available to order through our southern region.
Nice! Another Lexus/dealer employee I see.

Man I'll need to think about this as a 2nd career or at least finding a close friend who works there...lol

So one curiosity I had is since most dealerships are privately owned franchisee/small business type of operations...I assume there may be a difference between working for Lexus proper vs Joe Schmoe's Lexus at Maintown, USA?

And on a slightly off-topic note...apparently there are still 12 LFAs that's unsold per Jalopnik.....
Old 08-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Costco
Nice pick up and work perks. Why did I end up working for Toyota? employees don't get squat
Dang sorry to hear.

Maybe it's time to think about an upgrade in career/job?!?!

Though I assume if one is a higher level person working at Toyota USA or a higher level managerial position at a large Toyota dealer you may get something.....
Old 08-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
And on a slightly off-topic note...apparently there are still 12 LFAs that's unsold per Jalopnik.....
Saw that article too, so much want. Easily one of my top 'If I had stupid money' cars.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Saw that article too, so much want. Easily one of my top 'If I had stupid money' cars.
Yup. If I win the Powerball or Mega Millions...I know what car I'm gonna try to hunt down.....I think LFA is one of the most underrated/under-appreciated supercars.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Hard to go into detail on the phone, but I can share some info on that topic when I get home. There's a good explanation behind them.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Yup. If I win the Powerball or Mega Millions...I know what car I'm gonna try to hunt down.....I think LFA is one of the most underrated/under-appreciated supercars.
Hard to go into detail on the phone, but I can share some info on that topic when I get home. There's a good explanation behind them.
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/lis...t-2017-edition

There are still some Lexus LFAs for sale

Yup. Apparently, 12 LFAs sit unsold among American dealers. Seemingly Lexus struggled to sell every one it made, and allowed LFA customers and dealerships to order an additional car if they so wished. A rolling spares-and-repairs supply, perhaps…

Somehow, 12 of these never reached customers, perhaps kept by dealers as a nice little showpiece among the hybrid saloons and slashily styled SUVs.

Which leads us to only one conclusion, put best by TG telly man Chris Harris on Twitter: “stop bleating about it and tell us how much they are and what colours are available.”
Old 08-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Suzuka Master

That's pretty close; most have been retained by the dealers, either for private use or these days, potentially waiting to see how the used market goes (which is up right now). Here's some figures:
- 4 of the 12 are Nurburgring Editions: 3 of these have over 1,000 miles last reported. One has 19,000+.
- 4 of the cars are listed by the same dealer: 2 Nur/2 Base
- 4 LFAs have an owner: 1 is listed through Toyota MTR.
- 4 of the 8 base cars have mileage reported ranging from 100+ to 1,000.
- There is a LFA that last reported 30,000+ miles: this car is the Toyota car which leads me to the assumption this is a corporate car used for whatever reasons.

There are a couple LFAs still awaiting a recall at the HQ as well. I wouldn't be surprised if these cars end up showing some use as well, as the last reports for some dated back to 2015.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 08-09-2017 at 08:06 PM.
nist7 (08-10-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Awesome ride, congrats Tyler! Sounds like a great deal you got on it.
CLtotheTL32 (08-11-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Looking good Mr. Kotter!
CLtotheTL32 (08-11-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 05:25 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Congratulations on the new Lexus!!! She's a beauty! That's a nice upgrade from what she was driving. The wife and I saw the exact one yesterday when walking to the park. Really nice in person.
The following 3 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
CLtotheTL32 (08-11-2017), kurtatx (08-10-2017), rockstar143 (08-10-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 08:36 AM

That's pretty close; most have been retained by the dealers, either for private use or these days, potentially waiting to see how the used market goes (which is up right now). Here's some figures:
- 4 of the 12 are Nurburgring Editions: 3 of these have over 1,000 miles last reported. One has 19,000+.
- There is a LFA that last reported 30,000+ miles: this car is the Toyota car which leads me to the assumption this is a corporate car used for whatever reasons.

There are a couple LFAs still awaiting a recall at the HQ as well. I wouldn't be surprised if these cars end up showing some use as well, as the last reports for some dated back to 2015.
Curious, if they're still 'new'/untitled, how it all works with having mileage on them. Surely Lexus is different & the LFA especially, but I recall from working at Chevrolet in college that some things changed on the cars (demos & such) once they were over a certain mileage (7,500 IIRC).

That said, I still want one.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Safety Car

Interesting insight.

I guess when they say "unsold" I assume it means unsold to the general public. Obviously as you alluded to, there are "owners" who drive them who are potentially ultra wealthy Lexus dealer owners...and the cars were bought initially from Lexus but just not sold to the public for one reason or another.

If an owner kept a LFA allocation for himself, I assume in my mind that it is "sold" to that owner as he basically bought it direct from Lexus.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:07 AM

^ Possible, but are they still floorplanned to the dealer? Or has the car been titled? Or a gray area in between?
Old 08-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Suzuka Master

To my knowledge, most of the 12 are not titled and probably done that way so a dealer can still sell them as new cars. A friend of mine suggested the owners of the dealers are probably enthusiasts of the car and take them out on a rare occasion.

I'm not sure what the story is behind the 4 that have a person's name attached unless the dealer forgot to remove the cars from their inventory. I'll add one of them has a 2nd LFA though, listed.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:29 PM

^ I was thinking more along the lines of the ones with over 10k on them & still new/untitled
The Chevrolet dealer I worked for had 2 cars that were still new/untitled with over 10k, a super clean 95 Impala SS & an anniversary C5 convertible.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:14 PM

Thanks a ton for the offer! I'll definitely have to keep this in mind. I'm located in KC so too bad you're not withing a weekend's drive away but still many people have bought cars out of state and drove/transport it back home. Especially if it's a good deal, specific car, or a great person/friend.

I'm not in a financial situation to look at newer/pre-owned Lexus vehicles yet but someone has to win them Powerball or Mega Millions.....
I'm more than happy to assist at anytime

GSF

So true about those Crafted Line LS The last new 2015 we had was one and I think we had it through March

Originally Posted by Costco
Thank you What do you do for Toyota?

Originally Posted by cjTL
Awesome ride, congrats Tyler! Sounds like a great deal you got on it.
Thanks Craig! Yeah...this was WAY too good to pass up. Plus, the wifey deserves it.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Looking good Mr. Kotter!
Thank you Steven!

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Congratulations on the new Lexus!!! She's a beauty! That's a nice upgrade from what she was driving. The wife and I saw the exact one yesterday when walking to the park. Really nice in person.
Thank you Gus! It's great to hear from you man. I hope all is well

A low-res family photo

Yes, the Tacoma is still stock
kurtatx (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Yes, the Tacoma is still stock
you say that like a Taco needs anything... Well, maybe some weathertech floor mats, but after that, it's done.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,049 Likes on 1,135 Posts
Congrats. The ES got a hell of a lot nicer since they switched from Camry to the Avalon platform. A guy I work with has one and I was shocked when I went for a ride in it.

Last edited by doopstr; 08-11-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts

Last edited by MTEAZY; 08-12-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:46 PM

you say that like a Taco needs anything... Well, maybe some weathertech floor mats, but after that, it's done.
It doesn't NEED anything, I just want stuff for it

I have a set of all-weather floor mats and the front windows have been tinted. Completely stock other than that

Originally Posted by doopstr
Congrats. The ES got a hell of a lot nicer since they switched from Camry to the Avalon platform. A guy I work with has one and I was shocked when I went for a ride in it.
Thank you! Yeah, the ride is fantastic. It's hard to beat for the price.

Originally Posted by MTEAZY
gif
I agree.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
are you familiar with BudBuilt?

He's in Hudson, which isn't terribly far away from you, I don't think... He makes some good stuff if you're itching to trick out the Taco. I've got a set of sliders on our 4Runner and would love to pick up a set of bumpers. Really good stuff.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM

are you familiar with BudBuilt?

He's in Hudson, which isn't terribly far away from you, I don't think... He makes some good stuff if you're itching to trick out the Taco. I've got a set of sliders on our 4Runner and would love to pick up a set of bumpers. Really good stuff.
I've never heard of him, but I'll check it out! As always, I want to keep the modifications simple. Gunmetal 4Runner TRD Pro Wheels, sliders, slightly larger tires, 3" lift, colormatched rear bumper, TRD Sport Grill...and that's about it. OEM+ as usual
Old 08-15-2017, 06:43 AM

the only sliders Tyler is interested come with pickles and mustard on them.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:51 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,657 Likes on 2,491 Posts
Sliders
Old 08-15-2017, 08:00 AM

Red eared?
Old 08-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
Originally Posted by doopstr
I never knew they switched platforms, I was still under the impression it was on a camry platform but avalon platform does make more sense.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:44 PM

Funny when I made this thread, we weren't even expecting our first child. Now we have two. Curse you Lexus! I'm pretty sure we conceived our son in that ES

To keep up with traditional Lexus clients, we aged 40 years, picked up some more gray hair, put on some tall white socks, used our AARP discount, and bought a white RX 350. Luby's early bird special here we come, bitches!

The ES lease was up in a month and this CPO 2017 RX with 33k miles had just come into stock. My wife didn't want to lease again and wanted a SUV to better help with getting kids in and out of car seats. She liked sitting up higher in the Tacoma, but didn't want a truck-like ride. Sold and owned in the Charlotte area, all services done at the dealership, 4 new Michelins, windows already tinted...we really can't complain about this thing. Other than one minor rock chip on the hood that was already touched up, it looks brand new. It was clearly garage kept...probably by a fellow senior citizen No modding plans of course, but we bought all-weather mats and the cargo tray before we left the dealership. This isn't the color or build I would have picked, but it's my wife's primary car and she likes it. Plus, what I wanted would have been way more expensive Now I can spend more on a Tundra in a few years
The following 8 users liked this post by CLtotheTL32:
00TL-P3.2 (05-21-2020), Abe_Froman (05-20-2020), CCColtsicehockey (05-21-2020), charliemike (05-20-2020), mrmako (05-27-2020), nist7 (07-12-2020), rockstar143 (05-21-2020), ttribe (05-25-2020) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
Congratulations on the new car!

I see you're in NC. If you paid your property tax on the old car ask them to transfer the tags. The property tax is good for a year at the rate of the older car, and you won't have to pay plate fees for it. It's a nice way NC lets us save a little money.
CLtotheTL32 (05-24-2020)

Quick Reply: And Just Like That...I've Become a Senior Citizen