Infiniti G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 06:41 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35

Was reading my new Motor Trend where they compared the G35, TL, Cadillac and Saab. I read a post previously about this, but could not find it. The G35 was rated No. 1, Cad No. 2 and TL 3. The article said the G35 was the least expensive, at $31K. I checked on Kelly Blue Book, and the G35, loaded, is $36.3K and still doesn't have the equipment of the TL. The Cad was over $41K.

The G35 is a great car and won primarily because of the rear wheel drive and balance. I'm sure the G35 is better for racing, but that's not what most people do. Seem's like the car magazines all want RWD and never mention the advantages of the FWD. Seem's like I remember when FWD was just becoming popular that all the maganizes wanted FWD and not RWD.

Anyway, I'll take my TL over the G35 anyday.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
I've been reading car magazines since 1965 - I still have every one I've ever bought (probably around 2,000). Let me assure you, they have never preferred FWD.

I have been on this forum for a few months, and one of the things that everyone here gets real defensive about is the magazines being "biased" against FWD. They are not biased. FWD does NOT make for good sports sedans. That does not make it a bad car, it just puts it at a disadvantage when comparing cars with this much horsepower.

I'm also getting very annoyed by owners of FWD cars who defend their position by saying they have to drive in snow and FWD is better in snow. I learned to drive in central Michigan in the late 1960's when there were virtually no FWD cars, no traction control, no AWD etc. Almost everyone drove RWD American cars. Somehow we managed to get around pretty well.

If you like your car, be happy and quit worrying about the magazines.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the G35 sedan is ugly, I wouldn't even consider buying it. The coupe is a totally different story. I think the G35 is just bland. I really don't think there is any competition between the G and the TL. TL lines are sharp, from the front it looks mean, like it's squinting at you. The G reminds me a little of the older Altima's with the flat trunk. I too read that article, and was surprised that the TL came in 3rd. I personally think that if one should compare the TL with a Nissan product, it should be against the Maxima, but that's just my opinion.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Banned

Just be happy the TL is an overall better(IMO) value and let it be. Don't get discouraged, the TL beat many of cars in other magazines (consumer reports or consumer digest). It beat out the likes of even the most proclamined car the BMW 3 series, even though I compare it with the 5 moreso.. they only compare it with the 3 because of pricing.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jjsC5
I'm also getting very annoyed by owners of FWD cars who defend their position by saying they have to drive in snow and FWD is better in snow. I learned to drive in central Michigan in the late 1960's when there were virtually no FWD cars, no traction control, no AWD etc. Almost everyone drove RWD American cars. Somehow we managed to get around pretty well.

I wasn't trying to defend FWD cars. As I said, in my opinion, the G35 is a great car, and as I said in my post, the RWD is better for handling and racing. I have have driven many RWD cars in snow, and there is no doubt in my mind that FWD is better in snow and ice.

I am happy with my car and I don't worry about what the magazines say. I bought a new 88 Grand Prix that was Motor Trend's 'Car of the Year'. Worst piece of carp I ever owned.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Advanced

I will argue that FWD is better for snow for people who don't know how to drive. With FWD, the applied force is always in the direction the wheel is turned. In RWD, the applied force is always in the direction of the rear wheels which isn't always the direction you want to go. A good driver can get around in a RWD car just fine but I wouldn't want my wife to try it. There is also no question the RWD is much better for sports cars and spirited driving (every race car is RWD or AWD but NONE are FWD). With FWD you don't have the large hump down the center of the car for the drive shaft. Like everything in life, the decision between FWD & RWD is a compromise.

When I started looking for a new sedan, I was almost positive I would buy RWD. After looking at the competition, I decided the TL was the best car for the money. I read all the magazine articles but I don't let them bother me. I realize, they value different things and therefore make a different compromise. If you like your car, enjoy it regardless of what others say. If there was indeed one correct car, there would only be one car for sale.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:27 AM
Instructor

Well, I *do* live in Michigan right now. I agree that you don't *need* FWD to survive in snow country. After all, my first car was an '89 IROC-Z. If you can drive that in the snow, you can drive anything.

However, for some northerners like me, FWD vs. RWD *does* factor into the decision. While it's true you can RWD cars in MI during the winter, it really is easier with a FWD (and easier still with AWD.)

Not sure why someone defending their choice of making FWD a priority would annoy you but I agreee that worrying about your TL as compared to others is pointless.

You own a TL, smile. You're lucky enough to own a nicer car than most in the world.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are looking for a car for racing for around $31k, then the G35, TL, Cadillac and Saab are not what you want. Dollar for dollar in this price range the GTO will rock your world.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:34 AM
Instructor

Another G35 thread. Its a great car--but with styling only a mother could like. What more is there to say?

BTW, I read the comparison and it was clearly designed to favor the G35 and Cadillac, especially the choices of options for testing: the bare min. G35 was tested, making it the "best bargain"; the Cadillack had over 10K in options, putting its price above 40K, which is the only way its competitive with either the G or TL; and, the TL had a navigation system, boosting the price well above the G35, which did not have navigation. Quite a ludicrous set-up. How about testing them all at 33k or 35k, discussing features, and then see what shakes out? The G35 might still win, but the discussion would be more interesting.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Racer

...I'm also getting very annoyed by owners of FWD cars who defend their position by saying they have to drive in snow and FWD is better in snow. I learned to drive in central Michigan in the late 1960's when there were virtually no FWD cars, no traction control, no AWD etc. Almost everyone drove RWD American cars. Somehow we managed to get around pretty well...
My feelings exactly. My 328i with snow tires is better than my 2000 TL with snow tires or my wife's 2001 Accord with snow tires. The 50/50 weight distribution makes for the best snow handling of ANY car I've ever driven. It doesn't push in turns, and with the DSC, it doesn't drift or slide. Just point and go!

As an example, I live on a modest hill. One snowy morning, my wife in her Accord couldn't get up the hill to get out of the neighborhood. She had to go down the hill and out the back way. My neighbor (in a 4Runner no less!), in 4 wheel drive (regular M&S tires) was struggling but made it. My little bimmer just motored up the hill w/o any fanfare.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Outnumbered at home

Originally Posted by roadman
If you are looking for a car for racing for around $31k, then the G35, TL, Cadillac and Saab are not what you want. Dollar for dollar in this price range the GTO will rock your world.
Got to say if you just want racing dollar for dollar EVO/STI are the tops

Yeah i also noticed the price differences. I have never seen a G priced that low on any lot. That must have been one special order G. Must have had no luxury inside either.

I like the styling of both but the G is really not going to make the cut because of the RWD. I don't live in a very snowy area but it does snow sometimes and I really don't want to have to deal with having trouble starting that RWD cars have. I also have no interest in getting snow tires (if i am going to have to spend money every year on the tires/rims/installation/removal it is really driving up the price on the car for me). Reading on the G forums it looks like with stock tires those cars do not take to the snow very well. Sucks because in a perfect world i would rather drive a RWD but in this world I need something that will get me to where i need to go without worry.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:52 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 95gt

Yeah i also noticed the price differences. I have never seen a G priced that low on any lot. That must have been one special order G. Must have had no luxury inside either.

I like the styling of both but the G is really not going to make the cut because of the RWD. I don't live in a very snowy area but it does snow sometimes and I really don't want to have to deal with having trouble starting that RWD cars have. I also have no interest in getting snow tires (if i am going to have to spend money every year on the tires/rims/installation/removal it is really driving up the price on the car for me). Reading on the G forums it looks like with stock tires those cars do not take to the snow very well. Sucks because in a perfect world i would rather drive a RWD but in this world I need something that will get me to where i need to go without worry.
Actually, you can get a G with the works for a little cheaper than a TL in Southern Cal because the dealers are willing to take a little more off. The coupe is a different story though and won't take too much off. If the Acura were RWD, it would best both the BMW and G35 but thats a big IF. RWD chassis are expensive to develop and the tuning takes time.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Racer

In the mid 30k loaded sport sedan segment, my two personal favorites were the G35 and the TL. If you're looking for the best combination of performance and handling between these two cars, i.e., which is more the "driver's car", then the G35 wins. It's no insult to the TL and shouldn't be taken as one.

We're talking about two terrific cars here, and there are plenty of perfectly valid reasons two choose either one over the other. Choosing one car over another needn't translate into a case of utter inferiority for the model you didn't buy.

As excellent as the TL's engine is, the G35's is as good or better. No matter how long or how hard you argue that FWD is just as good or better than RWD and the TL handles as well as a G35, you'll be wrong. The G35 handles better than a TL due to the overall nature, balance and quality of it's RWD design.

If you like the TL's interior better, its gadgets, its styling, its bling factor, or whatever, fine. It still doesn't turn the G35 into a piece of junk by comparison.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:12 AM
10th Gear

I very strongly considered the G35 coupe against the TL. With the G35 coupe available, I was so turned off by the G35 sedan (except for the available AWD). In both the Maxima/Altima/G35 the interior and controls are so clunky. Nothing ergonomic about it. The G35 is also very uncomfortable seating wise compared to the TL. Very little head room and left arm room. The Nav system is also nothing near as nice as the TL. The G35 coupe was very fun to drive tho. It is a more powerful feeling car compared to the TL. I drove both a stick and Auto G35. It is definately a sports car, but I would say it has a better ride than the TL. But the car has nothing near the value of the TL. I told the sales people I wouldn't pay $38k for a loaded one with the body kit. I flat told the Nissan dealer that the Maxima/Altima are also over priced compared to the value of a TL.

Go test drive a maxima. Especially the SE model. You'll ask yourself what the F* was nissan thinking. Very rough ride, and very ugly interior.

FWD vs RWD: I traded my 01 Camaro SS on my TL. RWD is more fun and balanced than FWD. But I really had trouble with my camaro in snow/ice. I'm happy to be driving a car that is OK to have all season tires on. I look forward to the weight on the front wheels when the ice comes around. I didn't buy the TL for handling. The G35 does that better. I wanted a sporty sedan with reasonable power. I like all the creature comforts, and the interior of the TL is very attractive as is the exterior. The G35 looks nice on the outside (like most Nissans IMHO) but ugly on the inside like most Nissans.

TL is more expensive to insure and register than the G35

$0.02

Anthracite/Quartz/Auto/Nav
Old 04-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by roadman

Or the Japanese pocket rockets: Subaru WRX STI or the Mitsu EVO VIII!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Banned

My G35 04, with Premium, Sport, 6MT was $31,200. Yes they are that cheap. And it was not ordered. It was one on the lot.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
FWD is much better than RWD in heavy snow. I can't why somebody would argue with this. The engine is over the traction wheels and a FWD is more predictable and much easier to recover.

If you want real snow, come in Quebec, not Michigan. :diablotin
Old 04-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Banned

Hmmm, the G35 Sedan has more headroom than the TL does and front leg room and shoulder room. Hip room is the only advantage the TL has over the G and rear leg room. But maybe your talking about the Coupe, you can't compare a coupe to a sedan.

Originally Posted by AnthonyTek
I very strongly considered the G35 coupe against the TL. With the G35 coupe available, I was so turned off by the G35 sedan (except for the available AWD). In both the Maxima/Altima/G35 the interior and controls are so clunky. Nothing ergonomic about it. The G35 is also very uncomfortable seating wise compared to the TL. Very little head room and left arm room. The Nav system is also nothing near as nice as the TL. The G35 coupe was very fun to drive tho. It is a more powerful feeling car compared to the TL. I drove both a stick and Auto G35. It is definately a sports car, but I would say it has a better ride than the TL. But the car has nothing near the value of the TL. I told the sales people I wouldn't pay $38k for a loaded one with the body kit. I flat told the Nissan dealer that the Maxima/Altima are also over priced compared to the value of a TL.

Go test drive a maxima. Especially the SE model. You'll ask yourself what the F* was nissan thinking. Very rough ride, and very ugly interior.

FWD vs RWD: I traded my 01 Camaro SS on my TL. RWD is more fun and balanced than FWD. But I really had trouble with my camaro in snow/ice. I'm happy to be driving a car that is OK to have all season tires on. I look forward to the weight on the front wheels when the ice comes around. I didn't buy the TL for handling. The G35 does that better. I wanted a sporty sedan with reasonable power. I like all the creature comforts, and the interior of the TL is very attractive as is the exterior. The G35 looks nice on the outside (like most Nissans IMHO) but ugly on the inside like most Nissans.

TL is more expensive to insure and register than the G35

$0.02

Anthracite/Quartz/Auto/Nav
Old 04-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by catsailr
The G35 is a great car and won primarily because of the rear wheel drive and balance. I'm sure the G35 is better for racing, but that's not what most people do. Seem's like the car magazines all want RWD and never mention the advantages of the FWD. Seem's like I remember when FWD was just becoming popular that all the maganizes wanted FWD and not RWD.

Anyway, I'll take my TL over the G35 anyday.
I couldn't agree more... Not only that, the TL is classier.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

I have a G35 sedan (fully loaded with wood package) and I will give you my opinion on the 2.

Interior - TL is way better IMO. I like everything about the Acura better except the seat controls on the G I like right next to me. THe NAV system is a joke in the G35. I hate this thing. It gives great directions mind you, but the joystick has major lag and is not very responsive. I have had the Bos eradio replaced once and the new one seems nice. I do like the back seat in the G better. It is nice that you can recline the back seats as well as the front seats. I have a bloack on black and whereas I like the black interior the rrof fabric and the floor fabric are a sort of purple gray which I do not like. I believe they should ahve made everything black.

Exterior - I believe the exterior of the TL is also better looking. I do like the looks of the G35 (sedan) when you add a spoiler. I have a 2003 not a 2003.5 so I do have a trunk handle which I like. I think the TL is the best looking sedan under 40K on the market currently and remember I have a G35.

Driving - I do not really know because I have never driven one yet. I am picking up a TSX next week for my brother and i will test drive a TL then. I think I can say that they are on par in straight aways from what I have read. In the turns I believe the G35 is going to be better because of RWD. Now one thing to consider is that yes the G35 will probably handle better going around a turn at 60mph+ but how many times are we going around a turn that fast. An Acura salesmen put it best for me when I asked him about the RWD thing. He said if you are going to race both cars all of the time then get the G35 hands down. BUT NONE OF US RACE CARS FOR A LIVING. In this case I do not think the FWD problem is really a problem. Most of us here use our car for a daily driving situation.

Problems - Now for people who say the G doesn't have rattles they are full of it. I have numerous rattles and have had them since day one. I have 50,000 miles on it already and I will say the engine is great. It has won many rewards and this cannot be argued.

What would I do today?? - If the TL were out when I bought my G and I had to do it all over again I would probably choose the TL slightly ahead of the G just because I feel it looks a little better on the outside and a whole lot better on the inside.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Drifting

I'm still shopping for cars and yes the G35 was one of the candidates but seeing the TL just made me think "what is a G35? huh? wha?"
Old 04-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Outnumbered at home

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
My G35 04, with Premium, Sport, 6MT was $31,200. Yes they are that cheap. And it was not ordered. It was one on the lot.
HUH? just the premium package gets the car up to 33,640 on a 6speed Not talking about the deal you got but the MSRP
Old 04-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Racer

HUH? just the premium package gets the car up to 33,640 on a 6speed Not talking about the deal you got but the MSRP
He's delusional. Living under a bridge tends to do that to ya'
Old 04-12-2004, 01:09 PM

I've been reading car magazines since 1965 - I still have every one I've ever bought (probably around 2,000). Let me assure you, they have never preferred FWD.

I have been on this forum for a few months, and one of the things that everyone here gets real defensive about is the magazines being "biased" against FWD. They are not biased. FWD does NOT make for good sports sedans. That does not make it a bad car, it just puts it at a disadvantage when comparing cars with this much horsepower.

Preach brother. FWD cars were made ONLY and ONLY for fuel economy and it's cheaper to make. The transition began in the 1970s with the oil embargo. Hell the Mustang almost went FWD to save gas. The snow argument is stupid. As when I see tons FWD car in an accident in the dry I can't help but laugh at the "safer in snow" argument.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Racer

The TL blows the G35 away in interior design and quality of materials. The '05 G35 is supposed to have a redesigned interior but it didn't make it to the NY auto show. I spoke to one of the floor people at the Infiniti display and they confirmed the rumor about an interior redesign for '05.

By the way, the '05 RL, '06 GS 330/430 and '06 M35/45 Totally ROCK!!!

Looks like the competition in the Luxury market is really gonna heat up!!!!
Old 04-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Brokedoc
The TL blows the G35 away in interior design and quality of materials. The '05 G35 is supposed to have a redesigned interior but it didn't make it to the NY auto show. I spoke to one of the floor people at the Infiniti display and they confirmed the rumor about an interior redesign for '05.

By the way, the '05 RL, '06 GS 330/430 and '06 M35/45 Totally ROCK!!!

Looks like the competition in the Luxury market is really gonna heat up!!!!
I like the TL interior better also, but I see that as a subjective matter of personal preference. The G35 forums are full of owners who are just as satisfied with their interiors as I am with mine. I'm very curious to see the 05 G35's interior upgrades.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Racer

I test drove the G35x a few days before buying my TL. I read every review there was to read and I was convinced that the G35x AWD was the car for me, that is until I actually drove one. While the performance was outstanding, the interior cried out "Kia". The seats were extremely uncomfortable and my right leg was going numb after about 25 minutes behind the wheel (a known problem based on the boards at g35driver.com). The day-glo orange gauges were something I'd expect in a Neon. The stereo didn't impress me either.

I drove a TL last thursday just for kicks. I bought one that night. Yes, it doesn't have AWD, but the interior features were more than enough compensation for me.

For what it's worth - I went to CarMax on Saturday to sell my old Maxima (which I replaced with the TL). A 2003 G35 in black pulled in next to me to be assessed for sale to Car Max as well. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ask why he was selling the car.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ibeplato
For what it's worth - I went to CarMax on Saturday to sell my old Maxima (which I replaced with the TL). A 2003 G35 in black pulled in next to me to be assessed for sale to Car Max as well. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ask why he was selling the car.
That is happening a lot with the G35.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ibeplato
I test drove the G35x a few days before buying my TL. I read every review there was to read and I was convinced that the G35x AWD was the car for me, that is until I actually drove one. While the performance was outstanding, the interior cried out "Kia". The seats were extremely uncomfortable and my right leg was going numb after about 25 minutes behind the wheel (a known problem based on the boards at g35driver.com). The day-glo orange gauges were something I'd expect in a Neon. The stereo didn't impress me either.

I drove a TL last thursday just for kicks. I bought one that night. Yes, it doesn't have AWD, but the interior features were more than enough compensation for me.

You should have waited a few more months. Infiniti is re-doing the interior after all of the groaning and complaining.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
That is happening a lot with the G35.
Probably getting an FX, like I did.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Banned

Right but Infiniti doesn't ask for MSRP. My MSRP was in the 33k range, but the cars actual price was 31,2.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Instructor

I don't know guys. I live in Canada.......the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba to be exact. Lots of snow. Have driven RWD, FWD and 4WD. Would agree that with a good pair of winters on a RWD you can get around most conditions. However, cars today are lighter than our big American ancestors. Lighter weight in the rear can make it tough, especially at ice-covered intersections with RWD ( I have trouble with my 4Runner due to the crappy all seasons I put on it) whereas I find FWD usually doesn't have much of a problem because of the weight over the tires.
Don't get me wrong........I agree............RWD is where it is at as far as driving pleasure goes.
A good friend of mine traded in his RWD G35 before his first winter was over.......too much slipping around. The AWD wasn't available yet so he picked up an FX35 instead.
I struggled with this issue before picking up my TL.........but had to accept the fact that FWD or RWD wouldn't really matter all that much for the type of driving I'm going to be doing most of the time.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Advanced

This may be comparing apples to oranges...but folks, most of you guys are TL owners...has anyone ever heard of the Integra Type R, hello Type R owners, speak up. This FWD was, and still is, regarded as one of the best handling cars in the world, if not the best handling FWD car in the world, a platform that Peter Cunningham and Realtime Racing (Speed World Challenge T2 class) spanked BMW's with for many years and now continuing the legacy although not as domimant with the realtime's RSX Type S.

Listen, the Type R, that was Honda/Acura's baby. They proved that they can take a FWD and compete, in fact, out handle RWD/AWD cars. Now when I said that we are comparing apples to oranges, a FWD application in a sports "sedan" may be strethcing the limits of even Honda's great engineering, but lets not forget, Honda/Acura, IMHO, are the masters or FWD cars. (and heck they even have a pretty good RWD NSX too).

Yes, one of the ways costs can be kept down on Japanese cars is FWD, and fuel economy is one of the advantages..but this is just for those that say FWD can't compete with RWD on the race track just doesn't know sport compact cars.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Instructor

The fact that is has Cad second should tell you something. I just got rid of mine, it was a piece of sh*t, so I now put no weight in that magazine clip.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
Hmmm, the G35 Sedan has more headroom than the TL does and front leg room and shoulder room. Hip room is the only advantage the TL has over the G and rear leg room. But maybe your talking about the Coupe, you can't compare a coupe to a sedan.
As usual you distort the facts. The G35 only has more headroom up front if you don't have a sunroof. Since you can't get a TL without a sunroof, you must really compare the G35 with a sunroof to the TL.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by Cesci
I don't know guys. I live in Canada.......the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba to be exact. Lots of snow. Have driven RWD, FWD and 4WD. Would agree that with a good pair of winters on a RWD you can get around most conditions. However, cars today are lighter than our big American ancestors. Lighter weight in the rear can make it tough, especially at ice-covered intersections with RWD ( I have trouble with my 4Runner due to the crappy all seasons I put on it) whereas I find FWD usually doesn't have much of a problem because of the weight over the tires.
Don't get me wrong........I agree............RWD is where it is at as far as driving pleasure goes.
A good friend of mine traded in his RWD G35 before his first winter was over.......too much slipping around. The AWD wasn't available yet so he picked up an FX35 instead.
I struggled with this issue before picking up my TL.........but had to accept the fact that FWD or RWD wouldn't really matter all that much for the type of driving I'm going to be doing most of the time.
That is the problem with the G35 vs. TL discussions on this forum. They always shake out to FWD vs. RWD. This is a very tired argument for this simple reason, if performance and handling are your only priorities, then save your money and buy the Subaru. It will blow the G35 and TL's doors off in any racing situation and you'll save a bunch of money to boot.

The fact of the matter is, it does not just boil down to acceleration and handling for 99% of us who bought the TL. The TL is just a much better car in so many areas over the G35 IMO, that reducing the comparison between the G35 and TL down to FWD vs. RWD is assinine.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by garylee55
You should have waited a few more months. Infiniti is re-doing the interior after all of the groaning and complaining.
I've heard the rumors, but Infiniti has yet to confirm anything and the rumors are of minor changes.

I fell in love with the TL so I bought it, it has 90% of the performance of the G35 and 150% of the luxury, so I'm pretty happy right now.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Swat Dude
That is the problem with the G35 vs. TL discussions on this forum. They always shake out to FWD vs. RWD. This is a very tired argument for this simple reason, if performance and handling are your only priorities, then save your money and buy the Subaru. It will blow the G35 and TL's doors off in any racing situation and you'll save a bunch of money to boot.

The fact of the matter is, it does not just boil down to acceleration and handling for 99% of us who bought the TL. The TL is just a much better car in so many areas over the G35 IMO, that reducing the comparison between the G35 and TL down to FWD vs. RWD is assinine.
WELL SAID!!! If the TL was No wheel drive, I could care less (well actually I would).

Of course I always have to defend FWD as a matter of principal

And like you said Swatdude, its all about what YOU WANT. I bought the Type R a few years ago for the thrill of the ride, so what that it had the most bland interior of any sports car in the world, with abosuletly NO FRILLS or would make the average man deaf at speeds of 55 mph+, but I was willing to pay for that and thats what i got And I LOVED IT.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Banned

As usual you distort the facts. The G35 only has more headroom up front if you don't have a sunroof. Since you can't get a TL without a sunroof, you must really compare the G35 with a sunroof to the TL.
As usual, wrong again.

WOW you just got OWNED. FACTS.

G35 Sedan fully loaded:

Interior
Front Head Room: 40.1 in. Front Hip Room: 52.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.4 in. Rear Head Room: 37.9 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.5 in. Rear Hip Room: 54.1 in.
Front Leg Room: 43.6 in. Rear Leg Room: 33.6 in.
Luggage Capacity: 14.8 cu. ft. Maximum Seating: 5

TL Sedan Fully Loaded:

Interior
Front Head Room: 38.7 in. Front Hip Room: 55.6 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 58.3 in. Rear Head Room: 37.2 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.7 in. Rear Hip Room: 53.8 in.
Front Leg Room: 42.8 in. Rear Leg Room: 34.9 in.
Luggage Capacity: 12.3 cu. ft. Maximum Cargo Capacity: 12 cu. ft.
Maximum Seating: 5
Old 04-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

TL is better in only 1 area. Gadgets!
Exterior and interior styling is opinion only and is decided on the person itself.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35