Is Infiniti > Acura?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007 | 07:55 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
My biggest qualm about a brand raising prices just to make their cars seem better/more luxurious is that in order to raise prices, they would also have to be doing something different (adding RWD or more features) in order to justify the increase. Acura can't just suddenly raise prices just because they feel like it, and not change their products. People (especially ones here on AZ) will be able to tell they are just posers and haven't changed their products at all. There has to be justification for a sizable price increase or consumers will just see right through it.
I agree, however the average consumer is not here on AZ and honestly doesn't have a clue.

Look at how man E36 318's you see on the road, 90%+ being driven by posers, I would take a new civic any day of the week over an older 318, but then you don't have the cache of saying "I drive a BMW", which is what luxury brand recognition is all about.
Old 04-11-2007 | 10:28 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Sure you can say they are posers, but if Acura wanna improve their whole overall image, they will just have to join these so called "poser/overpriced" luxury auto makers. otherwise Acura will just be another Honda...

Will they sell a lot of cars? no doubt.. because ppl who wanna buy Accord, Altimas will look at TSX, TL as well..

and it is a good thing... and a bad thing.
Old 04-11-2007 | 08:36 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

well, i went from a TL to a M35X. holy shit the infiniti has the most comfortable seats iv ever sat in. pretty good features but i sold on the comfort itself
Old 04-12-2007 | 09:06 AM
Luckiest Man on Earth.

Is Infiniti > Acura? but it's only based on my personal opinion, not overall sales, or what the interior styling is. I'm actually getting rid of my 03 CL-S pretty soon for an 07 FX.

I have an Acura, but I also have an 03 G35 6MT (and a Hummer H3, but that doesn't really apply in this thread ) in my driveway and I must say that I really like Infiniti's interior, and their seats are definitely more comfortable than Acura's.

They're getting rid of the RDX already?
Old 04-12-2007 | 09:13 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jared03CLS
Is Infiniti > Acura? but it's only based on my personal opinion, not overall sales, or what the interior styling is. I'm actually getting rid of my 03 CL-S pretty soon for an 07 FX.

I have an Acura, but I also have an 03 G35 6MT (and a Hummer H3, but that doesn't really apply in this thread ) in my driveway and I must say that I really like Infiniti's interior, and their seats are definitely more comfortable than Acura's.

They're getting rid of the RDX already?
Where did you hear they're getting rid of the RDX??
Old 04-12-2007 | 09:21 AM
Luckiest Man on Earth.

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Where did you hear they're getting rid of the RDX??

Simple. By misreading this post . myself.
Old 04-12-2007 | 10:12 AM
Eat my shorts!!

ummm you decide for youself......

First place: Acura Tl type s 1:36:67 sec
second place: Lexus is350 1:38:24
Third place: infiniti g35 1:38:67

This was on the Willow springs racetrack

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275963
Old 04-12-2007 | 10:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speedzer

I duno man.. I can't trust that sh*t. both Lexus and Infiniti has more power and torque than TLS, and they are both RWD. I think it is either the drivers, or Honda paid them.
Old 04-12-2007 | 11:04 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by runnerX
I duno man.. I can't trust that sh*t. both Lexus and Infiniti has more power and torque than TLS, and they are both RWD. I think it is either the drivers, or Honda paid them.

It is what it is, though it seems hard to believe.
Old 04-12-2007 | 11:49 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Wow, very impressive. a full 2 seconds quicker than the G. Having said that, 99.9% of us will never track the car so......

OT: I'm so glad we banned 1SICKLEX
Old 04-12-2007 | 12:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dom
Wow, very impressive. a full 2 seconds quicker than the G. Having said that, 99.9% of us will never track the car so......

Yeah.. he would be freaking pissed at Speedzer for posting that..
Old 04-12-2007 | 02:15 PM
Race Director

Yeah.. he would be freaking pissed at Speedzer for posting that..
yeah 1sicklex is in that clublexus thread. were gilboman and him cousins?
Old 04-12-2007 | 02:52 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by speedzer

its bit hard to believe.
Old 04-12-2007 | 03:31 PM
Instructor

True, but neither the G nor the IS has VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007 | 04:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ClnOB
True, but neither the G nor the IS has VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh no, beware the mighty vtec, i've heard it's known to absolutely annihilate anything on the road.
Old 04-12-2007 | 06:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dom

Dom, it's funny you mention 1SICKLEX, that guy has to be the biggest @sshat on all car forums. I literally can't stand reading his posts.
Old 04-12-2007 | 07:15 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

either honda sponsored or that results pretty sad for the RWDs
Old 04-12-2007 | 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Dom, it's funny you mention 1SICKLEX, that guy has to be the biggest @sshat on all car forums. I literally can't stand reading his posts.
when you look up fanboi in the dictionary, 1SICKLEX's picture is there
Old 04-12-2007 | 07:23 PM
Racer

^^ You've got that right.
Old 04-13-2007 | 05:10 PM
Racer

I usually avoid the Lexus boards (in particular CL) because I don't want to read his posts.
Old 04-13-2007 | 06:57 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

I like Acura for what they are, as long as they stick to that or change drastically.

Increasing prices and putting more features in won't make me want to buy an Acura.

The TL-S is something I wouldn't buy because its price is too high. Same thing goes for the G35. But that goes to show you what kind of buyer I am. Infiniti always seems to put prices into unreasonable ranges. Lexus does the same thing. At least Acura has the TSX, which I fought long and hard over before buying my Accord.

I drive a 2006 Accord 6MT coupe. It's the best balance I could find of price/features/fun and refinement.
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by youngTL
The TL-S is something I wouldn't buy because its price is too high. Same thing goes for the G35. But that goes to show you what kind of buyer I am. Infiniti always seems to put prices into unreasonable ranges. Lexus does the same thing. At least Acura has the TSX, which I fought long and hard over before buying my Accord.

I drive a 2006 Accord 6MT coupe. It's the best balance I could find of price/features/fun and refinement.
But you can't compare your Accord Coupe to a G35 or a TL-S. Both of those cars are above the segment your Accord is in and ultimately demand a higher price. If you look at the direct competition of the G35 and the TL-S, you'll see that both of those cars are extremely well priced compared to their competitors.
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:13 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

But you can't compare your Accord Coupe to a G35 or a TL-S. Both of those cars are above the segment your Accord is in and ultimately demand a higher price. If you look at the direct competition of the G35 and the TL-S, you'll see that both of those cars are extremely well priced compared to their competitors.
I know I can't. I'm just saying that Infiniti doesn't make anything in my price range, while Acura does.

However, both Acura and Infiniti in my opinion are better than BMW and Mercedes-Benz for offering similar cars at less money (well, Infiniti especially as Acuras are all FWD or SH-AWD).
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by youngTL
I know I can't. I'm just saying that Infiniti doesn't make anything in my price range, while Acura does.
I hear ya, you've got a point there! On the downside, some will say that is one of Acura's flaws as a competitor to Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW. It's a double edged sword I guess.
Old 04-13-2007 | 08:00 PM
Race Director

Well before the G35 Infiniti did have an affordable car in the TSX price range, the G20. Then, Lexus had one too, it was the ES250/300. But, both Lexus and Infiniti moved even more upscale and none of their cars today are under $30K. This is why the public/consumers perceive both Infiniti and Lexus as true luxury car brands. Acura is there too, but is still seen as entry level luxury or getting your foot in the door with a luxury brand. I hope Acura could eventually change this because it will help change their image.

That is why I bought the TSX because you could get one loaded w/navi for under $30K something Lexus and Infiniti can't do. It's good Acura can do that and draws different kinds of consumers, but it doesn't add exclusiveness to the brand. It's a steppingstone to buying better luxury cars brands in the future.
Old 04-13-2007 | 08:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Well before the G35 Infiniti did have an affordable car in the TSX price range, the G20. Then, Lexus had one too, it was the ES250/300. But, both Lexus and Infiniti moved even more upscale and none of their cars today are under $30K. This is why the public/consumers perceive both Infiniti and Lexus as true luxury car brands. Acura is there too, but is still seen as entry level luxury or getting your foot in the door with a luxury brand. I hope Acura could eventually change this because it will help change their image.

...although without a V8 flagship or even a premium V8 model, Acura is not quite there.
Old 04-13-2007 | 08:48 PM
Racer

That is why I bought the TSX because you could get one loaded w/navi for under $30K something Lexus and Infiniti can't do. It's good Acura can do that and draws different kinds of consumers, but it doesn't add exclusiveness to the brand. It's a steppingstone to buying better luxury cars brands in the future.
Yep, completely agree! I guess I was referring more to today's market.

It's funny, 5 years ago, I wouldn't put Infiniti anywhere near Acura in terms of upscale brand identity.
Old 04-22-2007 | 06:00 PM
Safety Car

yeah 1sicklex is in that clublexus thread. were gilboman and him cousins?
Kinda funny read this. In there policy they have this. Can they legally do this?

Multiple Forum IDs Not Allowed / Banned Members
If you are having problems with your user account, do not create a new one. Only one account is allowed per member. If would like to change your username, or you are having trouble logging in, please PM or email an administrator using the email addresses found on the ‘contact us’ page.

Once Club Lexus access is removed from a member, re-joining Club Lexus under a new member name is forever forbidden unless approved by an administrator (the original account will be reactivated if this is the case). Should a banned member attempt to re-join the forum illegally, Club Lexus has the right to contact the banned member’s ISP with a request to remove service and the right to take legal action against the banned member.

IMPORTANT NOTICE to Banned Users: If you have been suspended or banned by Club Lexus and attempt to register again using some means to get around the ban such as using another email address, you agree to a $5,000 dollar reinstatement fee. By clicking on the checkbox ‘I have read, and agree to abide by the Club Lexus Forums rules’ to rejoin Club Lexus you have formally agreed to pay this fee. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in a court of law in a state selected by Club Lexus. Your continued access to the forums is not guaranteed by payment of this fee, nor are you excused from meticulously following the forum rules outlined in this document.
Old 05-11-2007 | 01:20 AM
Race Director

Yep, completely agree! I guess I was referring more to today's market.

It's funny, 5 years ago, I wouldn't put Infiniti anywhere near Acura in terms of upscale brand identity.
Maybe Honda/Acura need some Euro influence like Nissan/Infiniti has with the French influence to do even better