I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)

Hi, I'm the guy that got taken by Infiniti in the Atlanta Area

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/my-13-day-nightmare-infiniti-g35-314665/

After talking to many lawyers and getting many advice from people here, I was brought to ask myself many times why I did not just take my my stuff and left the first time my deal fell thru...

Now that a lawyer broke it down for me, the only reason Infiniti caved in to give the the interest rate I aggreed to over the weekend is that they had already paid off my trad in and they could not reverse the process without loosing allot of money so I was basicly forced to take a new car because that was the only option I had... Now from what I was told, this process is "yo yo sale".... and from what I understand, It happens very often to people like me who don't have great credit... And people go along with it... because I have a problem This problem is exposed...

Now I can prouve this because now after 1 month the dealer still can't get me approved on my old car even if they have all my info because they put negative equity on the car and they don't have a paystub to prove I make the money to cover the payments...

Can someone help me out there?

I'm in Atlanta...

more info on the process
http://www.protectinggeorgiaconsumer...20Disputes.htm
Old 08-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Racer

I might be able to help if I could just understand what you are try to say..

What is the exact problem now?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:47 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
water-s??? is that you?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steelers Wheels
I might be able to help if I could just understand what you are try to say..

What is the exact problem now?
This car dealer yoyoed me twice, I want to take legal action to recoup what I lost...

Right now there having prolems with Approuving my loan without my paystub so the car is not under my name... Basicly the situation is now very ugly
Old 08-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Outnumbered at home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dallison
water-s??? is that you?

wow the spelling is fantastic, I have high hopes for this one

......wonder how the dealer was able to pull one over on this guy
Old 08-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 95gt

wow the spelling is fantastic, I have high hopes for this one

......wonder how the dealer was able to pull one over on this guy

I'm new to the US, things don't work that way and its elligal to do "Spot Delivery"

thank you for making fun of me tho...
Old 08-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Outnumbered at home

Originally Posted by djinferno
I'm new to the US, things don't work that way and its elligal to do "Spot Delivery"

welcome to acurazine.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Not Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
All I got out of the other post was,

*You traded in car, they took it and paid off your loan.
*Since you have no credit they tried to screw you on interest and payment amount.
*You wanted to walk, but they called you a pussy for not making decisions on you own, so you caved in and signed a higher interest rate contract that was inflated a couple hundred dollars.
*Now you find out the car is uncomfortable and you don't want it.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
This car dealer yoyoed me twice, I want to take legal action to recoup what I lost...

Right now there having prolems with Approuving my loan without my paystub so the car is not under my name... Basicly the situation is now very ugly
give them a paystub?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought we already went over this. Its not fraud, they just took advantage of the fact that you are an idiot.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
I thought we already went over this. Its not fraud, they just took advantage of the fact that you are an idiot.

welcome to acurazine.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Racer

Ahhhhhhhhh I see - Thanks for the clarification Beet

I think I'll print this off and give it to my kid if he ever decides school isn't necessary

"see son, if you don't make any goddamn sense, people stick a yoyo in your ass and take all your money"
Old 08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Steelers Wheels
"see son, if you don't make any goddamn sense, people stick a yoyo in your ass and take all your money"

words to live by.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Suzuka Master

why exactly are you on acurazine instead of the infiniti boards?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:31 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts

just doing our job
Old 08-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT
My guess is that he was banned.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:46 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Can you break down your problems into 5-10 clear sentences. I honestly dont know what you are talking about , or trying to say.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
What's so hard about giving them your paystub?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
buy my car

i dont see a case here, you are going to be more in the hole after you lose in court, and have to pay thousands to your lawyer, cause i'm sure he'll make money off you too
Old 08-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Sold but not Forgotten...

Man how many forums are you gonna post this on for your transaction.... sorry to hear that the car has caused you so much pain, but it was your own ignorance and dealing which has gotten you in this mess...

sadly on the infiniti forums no one has any love for ya either, cuz your fighting a battle which was done within the context of the law. You signed a contract and now are trying to back out.

Last edited by babyblue; 08-25-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Wow, this is why if you think you're not confident enough to buy a car yourself, bring a friend (especially if English isn't your native language!). We've heard enough. You're gonna get here in every post you make if this keeps up.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Disinformation Terminator

Hi, I'm the guy that got taken by Infiniti in the Atlanta Area

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314665

After talking to many lawyers and getting many advice from people here, I was brought to ask myself many times why I did not just take my my stuff and left the first time my deal fell thru...

Now that a lawyer broke it down for me, the only reason Infiniti caved in to give the the interest rate I aggreed to over the weekend is that they had already paid off my trad in and they could not reverse the process without loosing allot of money so I was basicly forced to take a new car because that was the only option I had... Now from what I was told, this process is "yo yo sale".... and from what I understand, It happens very often to people like me who don't have great credit... And people go along with it... because I have a problem This problem is exposed...

Now I can prouve this because now after 1 month the dealer still can't get me approved on my old car even if they have all my info because they put negative equity on the car and they don't have a paystub to prove I make the money to cover the payments...

Can someone help me out there?

I'm in Atlanta...

more info on the process
http://www.protectinggeorgiaconsumer...20Disputes.htm

Just so everyone knows, Sacha is a guy and he's not a native English speaker.

Sacha, if they can't get you approved for the loan on the new car (that's what we're talking about, right?), the only resolution I see is them giving you fair market value for your trade in and they take back the new car.

You'll need a lawyer to push this through, unfortunately.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Homeless

If what you're saying is...that the dealer had you sign a contract and you drove off the lot...probably after-hours, right?...now, they're saying they can't get you approved...? Is this right?

If so...whatever contract you signed...for whatever bank the contract was for...is invalid if they refuse it. So, in essence...there is NO contract. No contract, no deal...no inequity.

If no bank will buy the paper(contract) because of your ass-licking credit, then you are a free man. Keep talking to a lawyer about it, you should be able to weasel your filthy way out of this one dude.

Most dealers have after-hour approval systems with local & regional banks...but usually only until 6 or 7 pm, unless it's AAA credit and it's done through a major manufacturers credit program(GMAC, Nissan Credit, Ford Motor Acceptance, etc). The local banks are the ones who approve the crappy deals like yours...so sometimes the dealer makes a 'judgement call' to get the car on the road...but, sometimes the F&I guys reach a little too far into the crappy-credit land...and the deal gets bounced...like yours is doing. B O I N N N N G G G G G
Old 08-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Suzuka Master

IMO, I don't see much of a case. You may be able to present one but doubtful you will get anything out of it.

You may be better off financially to just give your original car back to the dealer as well and just move on. Get something less expensive, possibly in cash, and change you health insurance provider.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TheMirror
Just so everyone knows, Sacha is a guy and he's not a native English speaker.

Sacha, if they can't get you approved for the loan on the new car (that's what we're talking about, right?), the only resolution I see is them giving you fair market value for your trade in and they take back the new car.

You'll need a lawyer to push this through, unfortunately.
Not to be a complete ass, but if I went to a country where I was a little slippery on the language skills, I probably wouldn't buy lunch unless I had someone there too help me, much less a car

That said, if I understand the story correctly, your driving the dealers car until they give you the book value of your car...

Old 08-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT
Sounds more like a business issue, really has nothing to do with what kind of car it is, no board is gonna help. Better luck next time, and like someone said, bring a friend, a real stingy and cheap one.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Safety Car

Even if you know what you're doing its easier having a friend with you to get an upper hand on the dealer. A lot of times I go out test driving, I get tag teamed by a salesman and managers. Going with someone knowledgeable , it evens it up, especially when it comes down to calculating finances.

Dealers do put pressure on buyers, but the most important thing to remember is you can just walk away. If I don't like what I'm hearing, usually go in with kbb.com invoice price and carsdirect.com prices in my head, I'll walk out without even explaining myself other than a short thanks for ur time and i'll get back to you etc..
Old 08-27-2005, 01:22 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Consumer fraud beause you bought a car that you realized you didn't like until AFTERWARDs?

you are a dreamer man