I just need to get to work!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011 | 11:41 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I just need to get to work!

Why would certain individuals intentionally walk slower when jaywalking or walking in a crosswalk where it is not their right of way?

Must be some passive-agressive behavior. I played your card, you gained some type of status over me by intentionally walking slower as on-coming traffic heads your way. You won. I just need to get to fucking work so move your ass!

Case in point, yesterday morning I was on my way to work. Some intersections are equipped with right turn signal lights. So Mr. Ghetto Thug decided to start strolling at a snails pace holding up his shorts across the intersection even though it was green for us to make a right turn and there was traffic opposite to me making a left.

Instead of acknowledging he's an idiot and getting the fuck out of the intersection before he gets blasted in two different directions, he moves even SLOWER. Bouncing as he walks, looking side to side, one hand on his shorts the other just swinging.

I don't have time for this shit. As he cleared the outside lane (took nearly 60 seconds as I timed it on my watch) I creeped forward along with the other SEVEN cars piled up behind me trying to take advantage of our green light. I maneuvered around him. He starts yelling at me and then kicked my car.

I stopped looked over at my car real quick. Confirmed there was no damage. He looks at me and starts running the opposite direction. This was a 30+ year old "man" mind you. Another commuter in his Lexus pulled over behind me asked if I wanted to call the cops. I politely responded "I need to get to work I don't have time for the ghetto antics." He laughed and handed me his business card if I ever needed a witness to call him and we went on with our day.

Cliffs:
-On my way to work Ghetto Man strolls across street
-Cars in both directions have to slow down to accomodate him even though it is not his right of way
-I go around him once he clears the outside lane
-He yells and screams, then acts a fool kicks my car
-I stop, check for damage. Ghetto Man sees me stop runs off and nearly drops his draws
-Other concerned motorist offers assistance
-I get on with my day

Moral of the story. Always cede power and be patient. It's just not worth it. Anyone else notice people purposely move slow while crossing illegally?
Old 07-09-2011 | 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Yep, passive-aggressive people. This is THE highlight of their lives. Nothing else is going right for them. I just try to keep that in mind and keep my curses and actions in the car.
Old 07-09-2011 | 12:02 PM
I got the Shifts

this is why you need to carry. his foot would have never hit your car
Old 07-09-2011 | 12:53 PM
Registered but harmless

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Anyone else notice people purposely move slow while crossing illegally?
I've seen it only with idiot wanna-be thug types-- young males between 13 and 30-- who crave the attention.
Everyone else, whether crossing legally or illegally, hurries up when they see traffic approaching or when they realize they are impeding traffic.

I just roll my eyes and chill-- the delay is the same as one due to a sudden vehicle break-down or an emergency vehicle moving through an intersection when your light is green.
Old 07-09-2011 | 12:54 PM
It's the Halladay season!

You have NO idea how many times I've had this happen to me.

Stop signs, green light, yellow light, red-light-turning-over-to-green, in the middle of a street (no intersection)...one time this fucker had the nerve to stand there in the middle and have a 2 minute conversation with his boy on the sidewalk. I almost ran him over.

I hate Philly ghetto thugs.
Old 07-09-2011 | 01:16 PM
The Dumb One

just rest assured that this guy will hold up the wrong person one day and get his.
Old 07-09-2011 | 02:21 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by phee
this is why you need to carry. his foot would have never hit your car
Not gonna happen in Kalifornia. I'd love to, believe me.

Whenever I had a sidearm or rifle I knew I had to use it wisely. The wanna-be thug just isn't worth the bullet sadly.
Old 07-09-2011 | 02:25 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd
You have NO idea how many times I've had this happen to me.

Stop signs, green light, yellow light, red-light-turning-over-to-green, in the middle of a street (no intersection)...one time this fucker had the nerve to stand there in the middle and have a 2 minute conversation with his boy on the sidewalk. I almost ran him over.

I hate Philly ghetto thugs.
Yep. My father was born in Philly and a lot of my cousins live there (Bucks County though). I'm in Philly about once a year. Since it's a city I don't live in I'm a bit more patient.

Yesterday was just outrageous. He took literally a minute to cross a SINGLE lane. I was going to explode.
Old 07-09-2011 | 02:30 PM

[sigh] The pedestrian's actions are simply more evidence that civility is dying in our society. Sad really.
Old 07-09-2011 | 04:28 PM
Q('.')=O

Similar thing happened to me but it was Ghetto Woman.

I was waiting to back out of a parking spot at the grocery store and Ghetto Woman takes her sweet, slow ass time getting out of my way. After she finally gets out of the way I back out and as I stop to change to drive forward, she walks about 10 feet TOWARDS my car, slaps her Ghetto Hand on my trunk deck as hard as she can and screams some shit like 'watch what you are doing you are trying to run me over' bs mixed in with bad words. I get out and yell at Ghetto Woman, tell her to lay off the crack (because she looked like she was prolly on drugs) and call her a fucking idiot, loudly, everyone looks at me but she keeps walking off talking to herself.

I checked my trunk and there was no damage so I just drove off. Can't remember being that pissed off so quickly.
Old 07-09-2011 | 08:08 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

I was down in NW Portland where all pedestrians believe they own the fucking world. I came up to a stop sign and right about the time I noticed an elderly couple waiting to cross, a middle age woman (who I assume was their daughter) strolls into the middle of the street and throws her hand up at me as if I was flying at them at 90 MPH with no intention of stopping. I had already stopped well clear of the line by the time she had done this and since my windows were already down and I'd had my fill of B.S. for the day, I looked at her and said, "I have eyes. I can see you. And in case you failed to notice...I'm already stopped."

If I didn't have such respect for older people, I would have torn into that bitch so I just let it go.
Old 07-09-2011 | 08:46 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

The sense of entitlement is amazing....
Old 07-09-2011 | 09:09 PM
Team Owner

The folks in here know they shouldn't be crossing when it's not their right away but they do anyway. Then they just ruin everyone else with the amount of traffic they cause. Then it takes me 2 hours to get home when it should be a 25 minute commute.
Old 07-09-2011 | 11:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

I hate this kind of shit as well. So many times I want to pull out my baseball bat and start swing like Prince Fielder! Ghetto thugs...mainly blacks...are ______! One time these 2 fats ghetto girls were jay walking in the middle of the road on a small street; my brother was driving and I was the passenger. We saw them walking slowly and my brother honked his horn as he was approaching fast, around 30mph. The 2 bitches didn't care...just stood right in the middle of the road. Then.....THUMP! followed by a LOUD SCREAM! My brother purposely slammed his driver's side mirror into one of the fat bitches at 30mph. It hit so hard that the mirror folded all the way to it folding position. "next time I'll run her over, fucking bitch!" said my brother! I got a good laugh and we went on our way!
Old 07-09-2011 | 11:38 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Good thing this guy wasn't in Iraq. Try to hold a convoy in the manner you did while I have someone rotating on a fifty scanning for IEDs and possible threats. If you didn't move and we had no room you'd get ran the fuck over.

American military vehicles stuck in Iraqi traffic is as bad as actually having the convoy attacked. I would've took my .50 cal and lit him up like a Christmas Tree. Ahh the transition to civilian life is still on-going...
Old 07-10-2011 | 12:10 AM
Coal

in texas we just hit people....
Old 07-10-2011 | 05:24 AM
registered pw

that's the ghetto for you, they always do it.
Old 07-10-2011 | 08:38 AM
Team Owner

IMO Ghetto is not a place...it is a state of mind. I would be pissed too.

Last edited by RaviNJCLs; 07-10-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2011 | 10:31 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

It wasn't a drive through the ghetto. I make this drive everyday, some working poor, but definitely not "the ghetto."

Agreed with Ravi it is a state of mind.
Old 07-10-2011 | 03:28 PM
It's the Halladay season!

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
IMO Ghetto is not a place...it is a state of mind. I would be pissed too.
True, unfortunately. Ghetto places I can avoid. Ghetto people are free to move and piss people off with their bullshit antics...
Old 07-11-2011 | 11:01 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
The folks in here know they shouldn't be crossing when it's not their right away but they do anyway. Then they just ruin everyone else with the amount of traffic they cause. Then it takes me 2 hours to get home when it should be a 25 minute commute.
The pedestrians in DC are absurd. I love the morons who see me blasting down the street to catch the last moments of the green and decide that they're gonna cross against the light anyway. One of these days someone is gonna hit one of these morons.

Mix the stupid pedestrians with the insane cabbies, the clueless distracted drivers, cyclists that seem to appear out of nowhere, and all the idiots who think that it's okay to just ignore the rush hour no parking signs and it's no wonder DC drivers are some of the most dick-ish.
Old 07-11-2011 | 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

I bet he went to his homies house to tell them all about his "Ghetto thing you did today" story haha

We have a huge problem in Alberta with people walking across the street without looking, even when it's not on cross walks and they expect for cars to stop. theis state of mind is, He has to stop, if he hits me it's his fault, I get money.
Well 2 weeks ago, a drunk native got killed because he decided to stroll across the street out of no where right in front of a car. Car that hit him was going over the speed limit so it's automatically driver's fault. They said that the car was street racing when the accident happened so now they are gonna crucify this 24 year old woman, who was driving a 91 stock civic. it's bullshit. yea she was driving faster (not too much over the limit) and this happeend not even close to a cross walk, the guy walked out from between 2 parked cars on the side of the road.
Old 07-11-2011 | 11:24 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

DC people are pretty bad...
Old 07-11-2011 | 07:13 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
The pedestrians in DC are absurd. I love the morons who see me blasting down the street to catch the last moments of the green and decide that they're gonna cross against the light anyway. One of these days someone is gonna hit one of these morons.

Mix the stupid pedestrians with the insane cabbies, the clueless distracted drivers, cyclists that seem to appear out of nowhere, and all the idiots who think that it's okay to just ignore the rush hour no parking signs and it's no wonder DC drivers are some of the most dick-ish.

8 years of driving in this city everyday have really soured me on humanity.
Old 07-11-2011 | 08:29 PM
mmmmmm....

happens all the time...

assholes!
Old 07-11-2011 | 08:45 PM
Drifting

one time I was walking across the street and noticed a cop in front of me on the opposite side trying to turn right. I picked up the pace a little, but then the cop honked at me and pointed up at the crosswalk light, which clearly was the "walk" signal. I think maybe the sign on the opposite side (behind me) was the "do not walk" sign or something, cause I was thoroughly confused. I just pointed at the walk sign, and proceeded to walk at my normal pace. Then the cop drove off angrily. I almost wanted him to try and give me a J-walking ticket, cause I clearly had the right of way, but he probably would've found a way to give me a ticket anyways.