I hate my M3!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrib
Hope there's some sarcasm in here. The minute you take the douchebag route, good luck getting any leverage. Lawyer or not.
He could easily get the point across without sounding like an ass. I have this image in my mind where a light bulb turn on in her head after he makes the comment.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,982 Likes on 14,493 Posts
I can't believe how places are run...
How far up the chain does BWM need you to go to separate you from a "my car doesn't smell new anymore" type of comlaining ahole customer?!? Jeez...you walk in, and they see liability...meaning, the car has now 3 times not turned when you turned...and imagine if you were injured...no...DEAD...

Motherfuc*ers...I would be fuming...not a little peeved...I'd approach it maturely but I would accept nothing less than a new car and a written apology and a letter assuring me proper treatment from BWM dealerships from now on...meaning VIP treatment. You are clearly not scamming them...as you are trying to get another one...

Good luck, man...keep us posted please. Seriously.

This is a dream car for many of us...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Devils advocate....

Think if you were the dealer/BMW though. Would you really replace a customers car and refund them over an issue they can not find themselves? No fault codes.. nothing.

What stops me or anyone else from walking in and saying that their steering locks up as well...I demand a new car too! (hmm )Any idea how many scams would take place if they easily approved every buy-back in fear of a liability case.

Dealer can only do so much and im sure they would have to investigate the issue with the higher ups. It takes time, liability or not. His situation is not common at all with the steering on the M3. Now if this was a fuel pump issue like on the N54 then thats a different story.

This isnt like returning a toaster at Walmart.

Last edited by Crazy Bimmer; 01-04-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:33 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ i see no reason to scam them, the car is 6 months old , its in perfect condition , cept for the problems i stated
Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
Devils advocate....

Think if you were the dealer/BMW though. Would you really replace a customers car and refund them over an issue they can not find themselves? No fault codes.. nothing.

What stops me or anyone else from walking in and saying that their steering locks up as well...I demand a new car too! (hmm )Any idea how many scams would take place if they easily approved every buy-back in fear of a liability case.

Dealer can only do so much and im sure they would have to investigate the issue with the higher ups. It takes time, liability or not. His situation is not common at all with the steering on the M3. Now if this was a fuel pump issue like on the N54 then thats a different story.

This isnt like returning a toaster at Walmart.
Thats not playing devils advocate, thats how it is no matter how you want to look at it. We're talking about cars worth big money here, not a 100 dollar toaster as Crazy Acura pointed out.

BMW will bend over backwards to help customers, but when the problem can't be duplicated at the dealer, they aren't going to just buy a car back (they don't give you a new car like people think. Not sure where people get this idea). People think because they bring the car into the dealer they can easily replicate the issue in two seconds for some reason. You(the customer) drive a car all the time, thousands of miles yet the dealer has it for a day or two at most usually, and they are not driving the car around the whole time as that would be a waste of a technicians time. I'm sorry, but if you refuse to drive with someone from the dealer to try and duplicate the problem, your not doing everything you can to help fix the problem either, so why should you get special treatment. Driving with the technician can be a huge help to diagnosing a problem quickly as you know how to make the problem happen generally, and many times it may even be related to something you do (not saying it necessarily is in this case but you never know).

This post is not directed entirely at you dave per se, but at everyone who thinks BMW should give out refunds to everyone who has a problem.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
BTW, the brake lights/dsc lights coming on when trying to get out of snow is common. The wheels speed sensors turning at such different rates will cause the lights to come on.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Thats not playing devils advocate, thats how it is no matter how you want to look at it. We're talking about cars worth big money here, not a 100 dollar toaster as Crazy Acura pointed out.

BMW will bend over backwards to help customers, but when the problem can't be duplicated at the dealer, they aren't going to just buy a car back (they don't give you a new car like people think. Not sure where people get this idea). People think because they bring the car into the dealer they can easily replicate the issue in two seconds for some reason. You(the customer) drive a car all the time, thousands of miles yet the dealer has it for a day or two at most usually, and they are not driving the car around the whole time as that would be a waste of a technicians time. I'm sorry, but if you refuse to drive with someone from the dealer to try and duplicate the problem, your not doing everything you can to help fix the problem either, so why should you get special treatment. Driving with the technician can be a huge help to diagnosing a problem quickly as you know how to make the problem happen generally, and many times it may even be related to something you do (not saying it necessarily is in this case but you never know).

This post is not directed entirely at you dave per se, but at everyone who thinks BMW should give out refunds to everyone who has a problem.

i never really said i wont drive with the Forman , i just asked her what if it happens again? and she said she would call me back , i don't mind go along for a ride with them , i don't mind taking back the car either as long as they said they find out whats wrong and that they fixed it , ill gladly take it back , but if they say they cant like they did the last time , and leave the car as is , that makes not want the car back because i don't want it to happen again.

Last edited by dave_ramkumar; 01-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
How can you afford a $70k M3 if your only 21 years old? I'm not criticizing you in any way, I'm just curious?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
How can you afford a $70k M3 if your only 21 years old? I'm not criticizing you in any way, I'm just curious?
Worked since i was 15 and saved up , and it helps that i'm half owner of a gas station right now , but that came after the car.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with you to a point. Some people cry wolf over little things demanding this and that. In Dave's situation, it's different because it is a serious saftey issue. I'm sure the Toyota owners were thrilled to go for rides with the service tech trying to replicate their issues.

No way would I take the car back unless they actually found out what caused the problem in the first place and fixed it. Just because they can't duplicate the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I don't mean to keep going back to Toyota but I have to wonder how many of the injured/killed Toyota owners actually brought in their cars beforehand complaining of the issue and was sent back out on their way because the dealership couldn't duplicate the issue!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:28 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by apnorm
I agree with you to a point. Some people cry wolf over little things demanding this and that. In Dave's situation, it's different because it is a serious saftey issue. I'm sure the Toyota owners were thrilled to go for rides with the service tech trying to replicate their issues.

No way would I take the car back unless they actually found out what caused the problem in the first place and fixed it. Just because they can't duplicate the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I don't mean to keep going back to Toyota but I have to wonder how many of the injured/killed Toyota owners actually brought in their cars beforehand complaining of the issue and was sent back out on their way because the dealership couldn't duplicate the issue!
This is exactly what i've been trying to say, couldn't of put it any better myself.

Thanks bro
Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by apnorm

That was a wide spread issue, forums were ranting about it way before the public or media was aware. People complaining about it werent alone in that situation either. Toyota should have stepped up when there were numerous complaints about the same problem.

This is not the case here. The M3 has been out for awhile now and no one else has had his exact steering issue on the forums. Not ONE.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

That was a wide spread issue, forums were ranting about it way before the public or media was aware. People complaining about it werent alone in that situation either. Toyota should have stepped up when there were numerous complaints about the same problem.

This is not the case here. The M3 has been out for awhile now and no one else has had his exact steering issue on the forums. Not ONE.
There is ONE guy.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Update:1/5/2011

My dealership called and said i can come pick up a loaner , i guess the lady from corporate pulled some strings , this is the 1st BMW loaner i'm getting , and i went it for service at this dealer 6 times already.

She also said if its ok with me to let them keep the car for 3-4 days and have someone drive it everyday to try and duplicate the problem. I said thats fine with me , i hope they can duplicate it so i can be on my way to getting a new car , and if they don't then i have to go the lawyer route , he said if i do get back the car and it does happen again that BMW will be liable for anything that happens because , i reported it twice to them already.Also i may be held liable too , because i knowingly driving around a unsafe vehicle , but ill just point that out to her 1st before anything.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

I just got this email from my dealer.

Dave,

I would like your authorization to test drive your 2011 BMW M3 for a few days in effort to duplicate your concern of the steering locking up.

Please reply to E-mail to authorize

Sincerely,
i replied with
Authorization granted.
Now its time to wait for a few days , picking up the loaner 2morrow. Im hoping all goes well
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Gah. That reminds of this story a while back about a lady who had her Mercedes E350 in for service at the dealer for a couple of days and the dealer said they needed to drive it to replicate an issue. The technician had been driving it home overnight, had taken his girlfriend to work in it, and then totaled it. The dealer then tried to claim that they weren't at fault for it and tried to give her only a small amount of money for the car. I can't find the story. It was on here and many other websites a year or two ago I think. Not trying to scare you as it seems like that was your only option...

Sounds like your dealer sucks.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

I hope they don't take my car home ,and joy ride it all nite -.-.

If they do, i hope the steerings locks on them
Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by dave_ramkumar

i bet the will pile on at least 200 miles in the few days , my tank was full wen it got towed
Old 01-05-2011, 03:41 PM
The Box

Received 80 Likes on 59 Posts
i bet the will pile on at least 200 miles in the few days , my tank was full wen it got towed
I don't think I'd worry about a tank of gas at this point....
Old 01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm Craig

I hope it does too. I hope the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree for them as it did in your pic.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
As bad as it sounds, you WANT the steering wheel to lock up on them, anyways.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by vas25tl
Its not the gas , i don't drive the car too much , so i hate to see the milage get higher.

I own a gas station, so i don't really worry bout gas at all
Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm Craig

^So that's why a bunch of your pics of the TL are at a gas station. That's
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by vas25tl
Originally Posted by cjTL
^So that's why a bunch of your pics of the TL are at a gas station. That's
lol you noticed
Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
lol it is, so far i've very friendly with her , she's a nice lady. She even asked me if i got a loaner i told her no , and she gave me her contact info and said to give her a call back tomorrow.

and as far as that 40 mph crash, they only crash test cars at like 30 mph, and they are already f@cked, so adding 10 mph is just going to get worse
Old 01-05-2011, 06:20 PM
B A N N E D

wife's WRX's clutch reeks everytime you drive it , but because it is not slipping enough as per Subaru's rules, they cannot replace it yet, but it is recorded as a complaint though (and even the service writer only gives it a couple of months )

btw the car has already had a engine too

BTW, the brake lights/dsc lights coming on when trying to get out of snow is common. The wheels speed sensors turning at such different rates will cause the lights to come on.
it should still set a code though, even in memory

and the lights should not be staying on, only when it is engaged (meaning the "activity" light, not the "service" one

and here is something that would concern me with that, WHY are you trying to spin that much (it's easy to get it to turn on on a lift, but with all 4 wheels on the ground though ), when you should really be chained up or have better tires to start with, or not even be driving
Old 01-05-2011, 06:20 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by friesm2000

and as far as that 40 mph crash, they only crash test cars at like 30 mph, and they are already f@cked, so adding 10 mph is just going to get worse
lol at the

but thats a nice fact about the crash testing, i didn't know.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Huh. Hopefully they really do find something to fix. A shame cars put you through this kind of crap sometimes. As if all you have to do with your time is run back and forth from the dealership and chit-chat with customer service reps on the phone all day, trying to hammer out why the brand new car you bought from them (and are now stuck with) is such a piece of shit. Kinda makes you irate and sorry you bothered in the first place.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
Huh. Hopefully they really do find something to fix. A shame cars put you through this kind of crap sometimes. As if all you have to do with your time is run back and forth from the dealership and chit-chat with customer service reps on the phone all day, trying to hammer out why the brand new car you bought from them (and are now stuck with) is such a piece of shit. Kinda makes you irate and sorry you bothered in the first place.
Exactly,paying 70k for problems.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
B A N N E D

Update:1/5/2011

My dealership called and said i can come pick up a loaner , i guess the lady from corporate pulled some strings , this is the 1st BMW loaner i'm getting , and i went it for service at this dealer 6 times already.

She also said if its ok with me to let them keep the car for 3-4 days and have someone drive it everyday to try and duplicate the problem. I said thats fine with me , i hope they can duplicate it so i can be on my way to getting a new car , and if they don't then i have to go the lawyer route , he said if i do get back the car and it does happen again that BMW will be liable for anything that happens because , i reported it twice to them already.Also i may be held liable too , because i knowingly driving around a unsafe vehicle , but ill just point that out to her 1st before anything.
kinda surprising that they have not giving out a loaner, normally dealers get really good deals on "loaner" cars, so that customers can still drive around in the same brand of car (wife gets a subaru loaner, when the car goes into subaru; normally an absolute base model that is underpowered, but still a subaru though)

Originally Posted by cjTL
Gah. That reminds of this story a while back about a lady who had her Mercedes E350 in for service at the dealer for a couple of days and the dealer said they needed to drive it to replicate an issue. The technician had been driving it home overnight, had taken his girlfriend to work in it, and then totaled it. The dealer then tried to claim that they weren't at fault for it and tried to give her only a small amount of money for the car. I can't find the story. It was on here and many other websites a year or two ago I think. Not trying to scare you as it seems like that was your only option...

Sounds like your dealer sucks.
car was being worked on "per sa", since an employee was driving it as part of his job, they should have been 100% liable (and as far as the tech being liable with his insurance, he was on the job "per sa", with work requiring him to drive it as part of his job (not exactly a bad perk though lol)

Its not the gas , i don't drive the car too much , so i hate to see the milage get higher.

I own a gas station, so i don't really worry bout gas at all

do you carry 100 octane or higher at least?, if so, and i lived there, i be filling up there lol
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
B A N N E D

lol at the

but thats a nice fact about the crash testing, i didn't know.
it might be 35 mph idk, but i know it is not 40 mph though (yes it is a brick wall, but it's so that barrier has no effect on the rating by giving any)

and yes ALL crash tests, are at the exact same speed, so they are all standardized and you can compare vehicle to vehicle on a level basis as far as the crash rating
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

do you carry 100 octane or higher at least?, if so, and i lived there, i be filling up there lol
lol, only 93
Senior Moderator

it should still set a code though, even in memory

and the lights should not be staying on, only when it is engaged (meaning the "activity" light, not the "service" one

and here is something that would concern me with that, WHY are you trying to spin that much (it's easy to get it to turn on on a lift, but with all 4 wheels on the ground though ), when you should really be chained up or have better tires to start with, or not even be driving

Ding! Dave is still on summer tires.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
B A N N E D

Ding! Dave is still on summer tires.
LMFAO, wife's wrx was on summer's till last friday, i knew they would be bad, but not as bad as they actually were lol, so a set of blizzacks got put on , grips much better
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 PM
B A N N E D

lol, only 93
still better then the 91 shit here though
Old 01-05-2011, 06:49 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

LMFAO, wife's wrx was on summer's till last friday, i knew they would be bad, but not as bad as they actually were lol, so a set of blizzacks got put on , grips much better
I want to get a set of blizzacks as well , but i'm waiting to see what they are going to do about my car 1st.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Wow - what a story... I hope BMWNA comes through for you and get's your issues solved.

But, one thing... you're not really still driving around on summer tires are you? That would probably explain why you went sliding into the snow that last time your wheel locked up. Please, don't be reckless and drive that car with summers on it in the winter. The tread compound has the consistency of hockey pucks near and below freezing. Winter tires are just starting to hit optimal grip at that temp.

That and the thought of a 70k car parked outside under snow =
Old 01-05-2011, 11:48 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by Pete2010
Wow - what a story... I hope BMWNA comes through for you and get's your issues solved.

But, one thing... you're not really still driving around on summer tires are you? That would probably explain why you went sliding into the snow that last time your wheel locked up. Please, don't be reckless and drive that car with summers on it in the winter. The tread compound has the consistency of hockey pucks near and below freezing. Winter tires are just starting to hit optimal grip at that temp.

That and the thought of a 70k car parked outside under snow =
Yea i know , i'm getting new tires , i didn't know these would be so bad, it had only a few inches on the floor at the time too, so i was just going to drive to work and park my car in the garage and take my bothers car but i didn't make it , i had the car towed when i was bout 10 blocks from work.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 PM
B A N N E D

Yea i know , i'm getting new tires , i didn't know these would be so bad, it had only a few inches on the floor at the time too, so i was just going to drive to work and park my car in the garage and take my bothers car but i didn't make it , i had the car towed when i was bout 10 blocks from work.
also where the other two times the wheel locked up, trying to remember , but where those in snow too? (or very cold where there was a potential for say black ice)
Old 01-06-2011, 12:18 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

also where the other two times the wheel locked up, trying to remember , but where those in snow too? (or very cold where there was a potential for say black ice)
no , last time it happened on a really hot day(August 16th) then it happened again (August 26th), no snow or ice on the floor

Quick Reply: I hate my M3!!!!!