I hate my M3!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate my M3!!!!!

Iv'e had this car for about 6 months now and its just having so many issues. Right now my car is headed to the dealer again.

Since i had the car the steering wheel locked 3 times on me , 2 of those times i almost got in a accident.I took it to the dealer the 1st 2 times it happened and it stayed there for 4 days and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it,so i took it back.

Then on november 15th my navigation screen went bad, at 1st it was just discolored and then a week later it turned black , so i took it to the dealer and waited , they said they would order the parts and have it repaired , but i had to wait till dec 25th.On the day of the appointment i missed it by 1 hr and called in to let them know i would be a bit late and they said they gave away my loaner car and that i had to wait till the 15th of jan.

Now this past sunday (Dec 23rd) my steering wheel got stuck again and wouldn't turn while i was driving and sent me sliding into a pile of snow, so while trying to get out the brake lights came on along with aribag lights ,suspension light and ABS light and i cant really do anything cuz the navi screen is out and most of the controls work on the display, so i just gave up and called them (roadside assistance) and had it towed.

Since it snowed a lot here in the NYC, my car didn't make it to the dealer until this past thursday , it was under 3 ft of snow for 5 days.I called up on saturday to see if they figured out whats causing the steering to lock up and the service guy said they didn't check it yet , and that they won't be able to do anything until this monday, so now i have to wait again. I'm just tired of all of this and right now if they cant fix all my problems on this service , i just want back my money to buy a new car.This is a 70k car and im complete not happy with it.

Also i bought some seat covers to keep my seats clean (BMW seat covers )and instead of protecting my seats they stained my seats -.- and now they look like crap.I called up the dealer and they just sent me some leather cleaner to try and clean it off but it didn't work.

Also i had took the car to the dealer one more time because it was making some weird noise when i make tight turns, they said they had a recall on that problem and changed the differential fluids , but since that i still hear the noise.(grinding noise)

If i cat get new leather for my front seats and all my problems fixed , i just want back my money.

Anyone know a good lemon lawyer?I emailed some place that i found on google, but i just want to know if anyone can recommend someone good and will i have to pay the lawyer fees or will BMW take care of that.

Updates:

I sent a email and spoke to two CS supervisors at BMWNA, and i'm hoping monday i can get some good news on what they are going to do about my car,they said they can't do anything until the dealer diagnose the problem.

The Lemon lawyer called me back, they said i have a good case , but i told them i'm trying to work it out with BMWNA 1st to do a buyback and if that doesn't work , he said i can call him up and they wont charge any fees to me.

At this point i don't want them to fix anything, i just want a brand new M3, i don't feel safe driving a car that i have no control over.

Heres some pics

Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Ouch man. Good luck with the repairs. Good thing is that you are still under warranty. Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:55 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

^Thanks bro , im not looking to get a repair anymore , i think i deserve a new car , because or everything thats happened so far , i had to spend my new years with no car ,and probably 2 more weeks with out it again, so i'm going to push for a buy back. Everyday i have to take cabs to work and still pay insurance for a car that i can't even drive , because my dealer still have no loaners or rentals to offer.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Sorry to hear this. But, OTOH, issues of ALL kinds are sorta common with Bimmers.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

^should of got a C63 AMG =(
Old 01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
^^

Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Actually, you made the right choice with the Bimmer.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
that truly is awful. stick to your guns and continue to communicate with bmwna. i hope it all works out
Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
You have some bad luck. First you get scammed off eBay on that other m3 and now this.

No clue what would cause that steering to lock up. No one has ever reported that issue on the forums.

How do you ever go about proving that it locks up?!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:21 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by princelybug
Actually, you made the right choice with the Bimmer.

^yeah i know

I love the m3, it was always my dream car and i'm 100% sure ill buy another one .

Last edited by dave_ramkumar; 01-02-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
You have some bad luck. First you get scammed off eBay on that other m3 and now this.

No clue what would cause that steering to lock up. No one has ever reported that issue on the forums.

How you ever go about proving that it locks up?!
Not sure how i can, i only have recorded of reporting it to them like 2 months ago and taking it in for service
Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dave_ramkumar
Iv'e had this car for about 6 months now and its just having so many issues. Right now my car is headed to the dealer again.

Since i had the car the steering wheel locked 3 times on me , 2 of those times i almost got in a accident.I took it to the dealer the 1st 2 times it happened and it stayed there for 4 days and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it,so i took it back.

Then on november 15th my navigation screen went bad, at 1st it was just discolored and then a week later it turned black , so i took it to the dealer and waited , they said they would order the parts and have it repaired , but i had to wait till dec 25th.On the day of the appointment i missed it by 1 hr and called in to let them know i would be a bit late and they said they gave away my loaner car and that i had to wait till the 15th of jan.

Now this past sunday (Dec 23rd) my steering wheel got stuck again and wouldn't turn while i was driving and sent me sliding into a pile of snow, so while trying to get out the brake lights came on along with aribag lights ,suspension light and ABS light and i cant really do anything cuz the navi screen is out and most of the controls work on the display, so i just gave up and called them (roadside assistance) and had it towed.

Since it snowed a lot here in the NYC, my car didn't make it to the dealer until this past thursday , it was under 3 ft of snow for 5 days.I called up on saturday to see if they figured out whats causing the steering to lock up and the service guy said they didn't check it yet , and that they won't be able to do anything until this monday, so now i have to wait again. I'm just tired of all of this and right now if they cant fix all my problems on this service , i just want back my money to buy a new car.This is a 70k car and im complete not happy with it.

Also i bought some seat covers to keep my seats clean (BMW seat covers )and instead of protecting my seats they stained my seats -.- and now they look like crap.I called up the dealer and they just sent me some leather cleaner to try and clean it off but it didn't work.

Also i had took the car to the dealer one more time because it was making some weird noise when i make tight turns, they said they had a recall on that problem and changed the differential fluids , but since that i still hear the noise.(grinding noise)

If i cat get new leather for my front seats and all my problems fixed , i just want back my money.

Anyone know a good lemon lawyer
?I emailed some place that i found on google, but i just want to know if anyone can recommend someone good and will i have to pay the lawyer fees or will BMW take care of that.

Updates:

I sent a email and spoke to two CS supervisors at BMWNA, and i'm hoping monday i can get some good news on what they are going to do about my car,they said they can't do anything until the dealer diagnose the problem.

The Lemon lawyer called me back, they said i have a good case , but i told them i'm trying to work it out with BMWNA 1st to do a buyback and if that doesn't work , he said i can call him up and they wont charge any fees to me.

At this point i don't want them to fix anything, i just want a brand new M3, i don't feel safe driving a car that i have no control over.

Heres some pics

and people marvel at BMW build quality and what not

but anyhow, i think that ignition lock can be considered a LEMON since this would be your third time for the same issue, you would have to read the law more carefully (especially for your state)
but i would consider it a serious safety issue, and luckily you where not going faster either (also that might be part of reason for Honda sticking to the "age old key", no electronics involved with the locking of the steering wheel; assuming you probably have an electronic key too for the BMW)

and considering how many reflashes of computers, BMW likes to put out, i would not be surprised if it was some type of glitch in the software (only theory, i prefer NOT to work on those Big Manure Wagons )

Last edited by friesm2000; 01-02-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
C63 AMG is , but it doesn't come in MT.

As far as your M3, I wouldn't drive it at all any more. The steering wheel lock issue is WAY beyond dangerous. I'd rather have a stuck gas pedal.

IMO that issue alone is enough to go after BMW corporate. I wouldn't buy a new M3 after that, I'd ask for a full refund and go buy something else. C63 if that's your style, or an IS F.

But yeah, talk to the dealer. Tell them that your car is dangerous to drive, ask for a loaner while you get all this stuff figured out.

Honestly though, if the lemon lawyer isn't charging you anything, don't even bother wasting your time, go straight with the lawyer. My
Old 01-02-2011, 10:26 PM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
If you get a Merc or BMW, get ready to have your car in the shop a lot. I've never had a German car but my brother owns two and he's had both his BMW (530i) and Audi (A4) in the shop more times than I can count.... And my cousin has a Merc (C300) and his car has been in the shop quite a few times as well and he's only had the car for 4 months.... From what I've seen, German cars are problematic.
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by Aman
C63 AMG is , but it doesn't come in MT.

As far as your M3, I wouldn't drive it at all any more. The steering wheel lock issue is WAY beyond dangerous. I'd rather have a stuck gas pedal.

IMO that issue alone is enough to go after BMW corporate. I wouldn't buy a new M3 after that, I'd ask for a full refund and go buy something else. C63 if that's your style, or an IS F.

But yeah, talk to the dealer. Tell them that your car is dangerous to drive, ask for a loaner while you get all this stuff figured out.

Honestly though, if the lemon lawyer isn't charging you anything, don't even bother wasting your time, go straight with the lawyer. My

Yea if it does come to that , the law states that BMW will have to cover the lawyer fees and i am entitled to a full refund , minus a small fee for the milage i put on
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Especially when it's supposed to be a sweet and rewarding experience. Reminds me of the early E60 M5 owners. I'm interested to see how BMWNA handles this, keep us updated.

Keep fighting to get a loaner as it is unacceptable to be denied one or not get an Enterprise car paid for by the dealer. Either your dealer has poor service or Audi has spoiled me. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

That's the thing, I don't think the m3 has a steering/ignition lock assembly.

Last edited by Crazy Bimmer; 01-02-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The steering thing would scare the crap out of me.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by renedcruz
If you get a Merc or BMW, get ready to have your car in the shop a lot. I've never had a German car but my brother owns two and he's had both his BMW (530i) and Audi (A4) in the shop more times than I can count.... And my cousin has a Merc (C300) and his car has been in the shop quite a few times as well and he's only had the car for 4 months.... From what I've seen, German cars are problematic.
So far ill have to agree with you , this is my 1st BMW

i had a nissan , lexus and a acura without as many problems as this BRAND NEW CAR
Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
But you still have a sexy car!!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

That's the thing, I don't think the m3 has a steering/ignition lock assembly.
maybe its something with my key , cuz sometimes the key light flashes on the little screen , because i have it in my pocket

a few guys on M3post said they herd of this problem in a few other BMWs , but i can't remember if they said anything about a M3.

The wheel doesn't completely lock up ,it just turns about 2 -3 inches and wont turn no more until the car stops and i shake it a bit

Last edited by dave_ramkumar; 01-02-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Yes the 2006 e90 3series had the issue but it had a ignition lock. They removed it for 2007 models.

Don't think it locked up while driving

What will you do if they find the problem and fix it all?

Last edited by Crazy Bimmer; 01-02-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Yes the 2006 e90 3series had the issue but it had a ignition lock. They removed it for 2007 models.

Don't think it locked up while driving though.
Then it must be something else , if its not ignition lock, because i know whats happening when i'm driving.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
The steering thing would scare the crap out of me.
Seriously. My Santa Fe may just decide to randomly take naps but at least I don't lose steering control when it does it. Lemon law that fucker.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
trying with all my might....

ahh what the hell, I'll just say what's on everyones mind......WE TOLD YOU, SO.
getting scammed to this.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 PM
B A N N E D

Isf ftw!!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 PM
B A N N E D

Then it must be something else , if its not ignition lock, because i know whats happening when i'm driving.
but i would think it would still have some type of steering lock though, with being electronic instead of mechanical
Old 01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by friesm2000
but i would think it would still have some type of steering lock though, with being electronic instead of mechanical
Me too
Old 01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

I wud refuse the car.

They can't force me to take it back, and if it does happen again , it could result in a accident , and i don't think thats a liability that BMW wants to have on thier shoulders.

Last edited by dave_ramkumar; 01-02-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:56 PM

^if its such a big deal, I'd take it off your hands problems and all.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 PM
B A N N E D

I wud refuse the car.

They can't force me to take it back, and if it does happen again , it could result in a accident , and i don't think thats a liability that BMW wants to have on thier shoulders.
just ask them,"so if it locks up again and i kill a family, because i could not steer, then you guys will take FULL responsibility?" (and ask for it in writing too; and maybe mention that you be willing to let them buy it back, with all the "headaches" gone )(can't think of something better right now )

also maybe look at a CTS-V, comes in 6-speed (coupe, sedan, or wagon YOUR CHOICE)(did not know about the wagon coming in the V)
it's still going to break, don't get me wrong, but more then likely not nearly as much though as German cars (but will break more often then Japanese cars though)

kinda hard to find the powerful engine with a manual behind it in a luxary car lol

Last edited by friesm2000; 01-02-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by justnspace
^if its such a big deal, I'd take it off your hands problems and all.
Contact BMW after they buy it from me , i herd they have a great deals this month on death traps.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

just ask them,"so if it locks up again and i kill a family, because i could not steer, then you guys will take FULL responsibility then?"

also maybe look at a CTS-V, comes in 6-speed (coupe, sedan, or wagon YOUR CHOICE)(did not know about the wagon coming in the V)
it's still going to break, don't get me wrong, but more then likely not nearly as much though as German cars (but will break more often then Japanese cars though)

kinda hard to find the powerful engine with a manual behind it in a luxary car lol
Thanks, i actually seen quite a few nice CTS-V coupes in the past few weeks , and i really like it now , even tho i didn't at 1st
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM

Contact BMW after they buy it from me , i herd they have a great deals this month on death traps.
Remind me, Why did you buy one, again?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
B A N N E D

also i have used this with an insurance company when the accident was not my fault (other guy came into my lane; and i got the car towed from the scene)
insurance: is the car safe to drive?
me:no
insurance:why?
me: the passenger door's structual integrity is compromised
insurance:...

did not happen exactly that way, but you should get the point though (even if the car was safe to drive for the driver, it was not for a passenger, and considering the wife was in that seat when the accident happened, can't really say you don't ever have passengers with you)
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by justnspace
Remind me, Why did you buy one, again?
is blind
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
this sucks man. hope things work out for the best. none of my friends with bimmer are having any major issues.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

What about error codes? Can they be pulled up?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

also i have used this with an insurance company when the accident was not my fault (other guy came into my lane; and i got the car towed from the scene)
insurance: is the car safe to drive?
me:no
insurance:why?
me: the passenger door's structual integrity is compromised
insurance:...

did not happen exactly that way, but you should get the point though (even if the car was safe to drive for the driver, it was not for a passenger, and considering the wife was in that seat when the accident happened, can't really say you don't ever have passengers with you)

And also the airbag light came on , so what if i get in a accident and no airbags deploy.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by princelybug
What about error codes? Can they be pulled up?
Im not sure either

Quick Reply: I hate my M3!!!!!