Honda/Acura vs. Toyota/Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 09:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda/Acura vs. Toyota/Lexus

This thread was problably brought before, but why not talk about it again. When comparing all four, it seems that honda shares alot more parts with acura then toyota does with lexus. When looking for new car, I test drove a GS 3, Camry, ES and I test drove the CL and the accord v6. I saw alot more commonality with the CL/Accord then I did with Toyotas. Camry and ES is like night and day. Even though they may look a little similar in body, once you get in the 2 cars, thats where the similarities ends. Maybe honda does it to cut cost, not sure. What do you ladies and gents think????
Old 05-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Well, thats the difference in price isn't it.
A classy interior for the new ES, i'll give credit for that.
But you would be paying for the same motor in the camry, well pretty close to the same output, which is sad.

CL~ Accord, in terms of styling, may not be a night and day difference in terms of a world class interior, but the motor is the key here for the CL.

And 'fully loaded' is the key selling point for Acura as well.
You could probably get a CLS w/ Navi for less than a fully loaded ES w/ Navi. But the motor between the CLS and ES is a night and day difference hehe.

Old 05-07-2002, 03:14 AM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Its true that Honda/acura share more parts then Toyota/lexus in order to cut cost and to offer acuras at a lower price.
And its really working for acura in selling a fully loaded car thousands of dollar cheaper then the competitors. Hell thats why i got my cl - but its really a lesser of a car in terms of quality.

Personally i think toyota CAMRYs are a better quality car then our acuras in terms of quality and fit/finish. Its really sad but also true cos i know alot of ppl who have older model camrys and their cars are HEAPS smoother, not only in ride but also in powertrain, and the body holds up stronger longer - and these are guys who drive em like a toy!
I know we're trading in poor(er) ride quality in hondas/acuras for a little more "sportier" feel but we deserve better in our acuras. Their slow and boring engine doesnt compare to our 260hp but refinement is just as important IMO.
Damn those annoying rattles!
Old 05-07-2002, 07:56 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the way I classify Acura/Honda and Lexus/Toyota as brothers(listen to me out) if any of y'all had brothers (this is really true if your the younger one) your always trying to "top" the one in the lead if it's at football, baseball whatever. Plus usually tend to think a like (if you look at last generation of Camry and the 2002 Accord they look a lot alike) I'm pretty sure the 03 Accord will have some "take off" looks of the 02 Camry.
as I've said before my Dad works at Honda anyhow there's REAL BAD BLOOD between Honda and Toyota(cause one always think they're steal each other designs) but yet Honda or Toyota occasionally will send a crew to observe the opposite company to see how to improve quality(dad's been to the KY plant for Toyota). Dad said he doesn't know who Honda likes to piss off with the Accord the Ford Tarsus or the Camry
Old 05-07-2002, 08:21 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

I agree that Honda/Acura share more parts.. but I also think that Honda's are much nicer than Toyota's and that is why Acura dosen't need to upgrade the parts as much as Lexus does...

And of course.. Acura provides so much more VALUE than Lexus does...

--- Speaking of parts, does anyone know a good site to order Toyota Parts Wholesale>> I know of A&Hmotorsport.com for H/A, but I need to find Toyota's equivalent.

DOM