help on buying an rsx

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 08:46 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help on buying an rsx

im thinking about buying a brand new rsx (non type s). i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the rsx (problems, etc) and know what would be a good deal on one (ie how much i can push the dealer for). also, if anyone has any suggestions on a different car to get instead (im still undecided) that would be helpful too. as long as it is in the same price range, reliability and comfort are what im looking for, not modability or performance necessarily, as long as its not a slow slow ass car. thanks.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:07 AM
noodles tastes good.

For the amount of money you're putting into a non-type s RSX, IMO i think it's a waste of money. For best answers regarding modability and reliabilty issues, you should check some rsx forums. But why not a Type-S? It's almost a waste to spend that much on a RSX and NOT get the type -s.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.clubrsx.com/

I was looking at the RSX typeS when I was shopping for a new car (also looked at the last gen accord). Lots of decent info on the clubrsx.com forum.

I'd have to say that the RSX types is probably the better buy. For a couple grand more, you get the 6spd and better aftermarket support (if you plan on modding it). Heck, If you plan on keeping it stock the typeS is probably a better bang for the buck
Old 07-07-2003, 10:12 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd say go for the Type S as well .There are no generic problems with the RSX that we have seen thus far .The plain RSX however is kinda boring to drive and it comes with a sort of crappy radio compared to the unit supplied in the Type S.
Jens
Old 07-07-2003, 10:29 AM
5th Gear

No RSX

I had an automatic 02 RSX and hated it. The car is nothing more than a rebadged Civic with some added standard equipment. Here is a list of things I hated about my RSX

-Felt small and cheap
-Highway ride sucked (short wheelbase, stiff suspension)
-Interior trim was a little crappy for an Acura
-Acceleration with the auto was meager at best
-The back seats are truly useless for anyone over 5'5''
-Automtic climate control never really got the temp right

Things I liked

-Great around city handling and parking

I am sure a type s with a standard would have made this car a lot more fun and entertaining, but it still would have have made it feel better than a civic. For that money, get a used Prelude or something, actaully anything else.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:12 PM
10th Gear

thanks for your input guys. the reason im getting non type s is cuz someone else is gonna be driving the car too and they cant drive stick. since you guys said that rsx is not worth it if not type s, are there any other cars u guys suggest to look at within the same price range? comfort and reliability are more priorities then modability. thanks.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Advanced

A prelude is not that bad. My girlfriend just bought a 2001 prelude for 13,000. Its a automatic. Its pretty quick for a automatic too.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Time to POWER UP!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since i sell acura's for a living.. You should be able to get a type-S for about $21750. Wait until the end of the month and ask to speak to a sales manager. Just hand him a peice of paper with what you are offering for the car and he will say yes or no. If he say's "no" tell him to give you a call when he wants to sell a car

Regular RSX's suck!
Old 07-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Check out www.edmunds.com . Their reviews sometimes suck ass, but they have a decent online interface that lets you pick and choose price range, body style and other stuff. I'm not a big fan of vehix.com (or whatever that over advertised website is).
Old 07-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Road Rage

don't get rsx unless its rsx type S ...... CAI has been proven to add 15 + HP!! and the k20 engine has so much potential!!!!! Turbo mmmmmmm
Old 07-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove a TypeS around a bit today since I recently learned how to drive stick. Wow stick is kinda fun, if a bit intimidating when you're new to it and all alone in the car and out on the real roads and not just a parking lot.

I am still considering trading in my CLS for one in a couple months. Maybe wait for the MY04 one to see what is changed.