Driver side seat replaced , RSX loaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side seat replaced , RSX loaner

Well after getting my my oil changed and tires rotated (Pohanka Acura) at 37500 af soon as I drove out of the lot I heard unusual squeaks coming from the bottom right driver side chair. I first thought it would go away and ignored it but it didn't. So i drive it around for 2 more days and take it to Radley Acura. One of the service guys , (Jodi) nicest and most courteous guy ever. helped me out as usual. I waited for 1 hour and they let me test drive it and suprisinly the squeak was gone for the moment.
I asked them what services they had performed to fix and they said they just cleaned the leather seat. 'wierd..'

So I drive home and next morning as I was getting in to the car the fooken seat squeaks AGAIN

I schedule and appointment w/ Jodi again and he asks me to drop the car off. No loaner cause it was short notice... what ever! I dropped the car off and picked it up the next day.

Jodi says all they did was clean the seat tracks out .

Next morning I hear the fooken SQUEAK AGAIN!!

I call Jodi again * btw, he was really professional and really wanted to hep unlike other dicks at dealers,*

Well this time I dropped it off again and they promised to outsource it to a seat company called 'Seat Co'

Several hours pass, Jodi calls me and gives me an update
"Mr. Kim, Seat Co found one of the 'springs' in your seat was broken and was causing the squeaks so they've ordered the part via fed ex and your car should be ready tommrow afternoon."

Following afternoon I go to Radley take the car, test drive it and no squeak. YES!!!

Well after about 5 miles FOOKEN SQUEAKED AGAIN!!

I call Jodi upagain, and schedule to drop my car off in 2 days and requested a loaner.

This morning I dropped it off at 7:30, and as I was dropping if off one of the tech who drove my car into the service bay said they had a simalar problem w/ a TL but it was the Seat buckle being rubbed against the seat tracks.

After reproducing the squeaks like 10 times this morning we confirmed it was the seat buckle. When you hold it down it wouldn't squeak...

Jodi hooks me up w/ a RSX.
****RSX REVIEW*****

First thing I notice is the bucket seats. WOW real nice.
and im really digging the red instrument panel.
I got the base auto model, so i decided to test the SS out.

1st thing I notice was you can totally control 1st gear. and loved hwo the shifter is real short but when changing gears it made too much plasticy noise.
On my way home this morning the roads where pretty wet and I was driving opposite of traffic so I pushed the car a bit. On one of the ramps the car felt just like a go car and handled pretty well, since its so small. It even understeered and I left foot braked to correct it real quick.
Also around my neighborhood I tried pulling the Ebrake a couple times but it didn't lock the rear wheels . wierd...

I didn't really like the cup holder cause too much plastic. The interior I'd give a 7/10.
Driving fun I'd give a 8/10.
I would seriously consider it as a 2ndary commute car.

Couple hours pass and Jodi from Radley calls and says they'll just replace the entire seat!! And it'll be ready tommrow afternoon.

WHOO HOO, Brand new seat @ 38000 miles..

I think the only other person that had their seat replaced was Dwight, who moved from va to SoCal.

Over all very satisfied.

BRB while I go beat the RSX some more...
Old 11-06-2002, 06:51 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Damn NOVA, what did you gain 200lbs or something?

Let's see, that would put you at 300lbs, right?

Cool that you got a new seat though.

I'm getting my rotors and pads taken care of tomorrow as well as a new throttle body since my gas pedal has been sticking like crazy.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

I think the stupid guy who changed my oil at pohanka might have test drove it. I did see some pretty heavy guys there
Old 11-06-2002, 07:24 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe the spring got bored from not being needed to help hold up Joe and went on vacation.

I keep hearing how good Radley is at service, even from people who worked there. Supposedly they will go to lengths to ensure customer satisfaction that most other dealers in the area won't.

Heck, even just loaning out Acuras to customers is better than my dealer. I always get stuck with Enterprise rentals ( the only two times I needed a rental).
Old 11-06-2002, 08:09 PM
Out in front

It even understeered and I left foot braked to correct it real quick.
Braking to correct understeer??? Sounds like you're lucky that worked out, especially in the wet.

Zach
Old 11-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
My driver's seat squeaks, and I was able to reproduce it at the dealer ( as I seat myself in the car ). Dealer saw that, and scheduled another appointment in fe day.... Well, in few days temperature droped significuntly, and I can no longer reproduce the god damn sqeak... It seems that its gone, but I am sure it will be back some time.... It just makes us look foolish, I am sure that its the same problem... all people have the same common problem that driver's seat squaks in the right side... it must be the same fuking cause of the problem, why can't dealers have TSB on this so we don;t have to go through this frustration *reproducting*

I think I am just going to give up, it makes me very frustrating going to dealership and having service advisor and tech. looking at me like I am crazzy....
Old 11-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by fastfour
Braking to correct understeer??? Sounds like you're lucky that worked out, especially in the wet.

Zach

A severe problem affecting most front-drivers is understeer during fast cornering. Understeer generally means that during cornering at a high speed, the car has a tendency to keep moving straight and to the outer edge of the curving road rather than the direction in which you are pointing the car. To cancel out understeer, there should be more grip at the front wheels than at the rear. The left-foot braking technique more or less helps you to do just that.

http://www.modernracer.com/tips/leftfootbraking.html

http://www.rallyracingnews.com/lfb.html

When driven under acceleration with no brakes applied, a front wheel drive car will understeer when the front wheels are turned. To overcome the understeer, a technique called left foot braking is used to change brake bias (balance) to the rear. By using a combination of throttle and brake you can change from understeer to neutralsteer to oversteer. How does it work? Read on!

Old 11-06-2002, 09:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh btw, the RSX did AWesome during my 0~80~0 test hehe
Old 11-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Out in front

Nice links NOVA. This may be, but the average driver jabs the brakes in an understeer situation, which is the absolute worst thing to do. Most people don't know how to control the understeer, especially when it's amplified in wet conditions
Old 11-06-2002, 10:31 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My front seats (both) squeakes so many times and it took them 3 separate trips to finally get rid of it. They had to take the seat of the rails.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have that same problem! I took the driver's seat out myself and tried to tighten everything and grease it up, but it still squeeks. I think I'm gonna have to go to the dealer now too cause it's driving me crazy! I hope my experience is as good as yours Nova.