Does the M3 Have Any real Comptetion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002 | 02:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by topdaytrader
LoL. You guys better have something to back up your bullshits. I tracked many cars at Buttonwillow, street of willow and Calispeedway. Also been to many autox. I've seen S2000, WRX and even a Turbo Miata kick E46 M3's ass up and down. Don't even bring up Z06, M3 is not even its level. Maybe M3 is fast in straight line, but it handles suck like cock whore. If you want a cheap and fast straight line car. Just get a CamaroSS or Mustang Cobra. They only cost half of a M3.
I seen a guy in a E46 M3 get his ass handed to by a S2k and a S4 around a short track here in CO. My dad's friends runs some of the SCCA courses here in CO.
Old 10-26-2002 | 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by threetwoseeL
you need to chil on that BMW superiority complex "bmw dickhead"

I know BMW isnt superior... and i can admit the Z06 is a better SPORTS car than the m3... but i was just letting you know that your modded CLS cant hang with the m3 in the twisties. Trust me, i know. But im not saying your CLS isnt fast as hell, and if its supercharged then i know you can kick my ass in a straight run.
Old 10-26-2002 | 04:14 PM
Race Director

M3> than all the cars you guys have mentioned in this thread.

Z06 might be faster, but its still a chevy.

Doesnt matter how u mod a CL-S...it will never handle like a stock m3. You can do engine mods to the CL, but u could also mod a M3..

You guys make the M3 sound like its overpriced...IMHO i think its a "bang for your buck", really good value, just like the CL-S is a good value.

oh and topdaytrader, your a fucking loser...even with all the money u claim u have...too fucking bad you cant buy yourself a life.

id rather have a life, than have the money you claim u have. what a loser.
Old 10-26-2002 | 04:56 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

i really need to go test drive a bmw cause i really need to see what you guys are talking about. which do i need to test drive...330?
Old 10-26-2002 | 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by frank
i really need to go test drive a bmw cause i really need to see what you guys are talking about. which do i need to test drive...330?

To compare to a CLS.... i would go test drive the 330 manual. Also, while you are driving it, try to take sharp turns in it.
Old 10-26-2002 | 05:15 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

will do...i don't see many bmw dealerships around here. i'll have to look for one.
Old 10-26-2002 | 05:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

In fair comparison drive a 3 series with sport package. Since the CLS has upgraded suspention too.
Old 10-26-2002 | 05:54 PM
Safety Car

M3> than all the cars you guys have mentioned in this thread.

Z06 might be faster, but its still a chevy.

theres some great logic right there a chevy that can drive circles around a bmw, utoh, lets come with something to discredit it.

as far as handling arguments, just look up the scca classifications

and for competition-c32 amg sportscoupe
Old 10-26-2002 | 05:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Grow up ricer!!! You sound so stupid. I bet you're those ricers just read off the stats from R&T or C&D. Tell me what da hell is a road course to you??? Your fucking neighborhood? Go take some real track driving lesson before you post all your bullshits.
My road coarses are Gingerman and Road America buddy. Learn what your talking about and then come back here and talk to me. I get my stats from what I see at the track. I have ridden in an E46 M3 at the track and its handling doesnt suck. Who are you trying to fool here?

BTW....Nice Porsche....I doubt its yours though since you have the vocabulary of a 16 year old.
Old 10-26-2002 | 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Maximized
My road coarses are Gingerman and Road America buddy. Learn what your talking about and then come back here and talk to me. I get my stats from what I see at the track. I have ridden in an E46 M3 at the track and its handling doesnt suck. Who are you trying to fool here?

BTW....Nice Porsche....I doubt its yours though since you have the vocabulary of a 16 year old.
LoL. You ride in an E46 M3. I fucking drive one on the track and I used drive E36 M3 back in HS. Since your first post, you haven't explain why E46 M3 out handle other cars. You want us to trust your butt dyno??? You're such a ricer and you don't know shit. Btw, I drive a 02 996TT X-50 you dumb ass.
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:02 PM
Suzuka Master

LoL. You ride in an E46 M3. I fucking drive one on the track and I used drive E36 M3 back in HS. Since your first post, you haven't explain why E46 M3 out handle other cars. You want us to trust your butt dyno??? You're such a ricer and you don't know shit. Btw, I drive a 02 996TT X-50 you dumb ass.
Great and I am proud that you drive a 996 TT. Doesnt mean that you know anything or can drive. I still dont believe you own that car in the picture, but oh well. Those houses in the background dont fit the car. Plus your educational level is lacking.... Better education= More money. Maybe you should spend some money on learning proper grammar and vocabulary. As for a E46 M3, it will rape a S2k and WRX on a road course.

Move along...You dont know what you are talking about.
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:09 PM
Suzuka Master

sidemarker
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:30 PM
Banned

Great and I am proud that you drive a 996 TT. Doesnt mean that you know anything or can drive. I still dont believe you own that car in the picture, but oh well. Those houses in the background dont fit the car. Plus your educational level is lacking.... Better education= More money. Maybe you should spend some money on learning proper grammar and vocabulary. As for a E46 M3, it will rape a S2k and WRX on a road course.

Move along...You dont know what you are talking about.
Lol. just cut your bullshit kid. You don't even have guts to post pics of your car. Get lost!
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:36 PM
Suzuka Master

The new Lancer EVO
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Lol. just cut your bullshit kid. You don't even have guts to post pics of your car. Get lost!
Give me about 15 minutes...I will post a pic of me in front of a GT2

Old 10-26-2002 | 07:38 PM
Suzuka Master

topdaytrader and maximized please keep the personal attacks to a minimum. thanx
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS
topdaytrader and maximized please keep the personal attacks to a minimum. thanx
No problem chief....Though I wouldnt consider pointing out poor grammar a personal attack.
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:41 PM
Senior Moderator

there's no reason to be such an ass daytrader. looking at the post you have in this thread, you make yourself look like an obnoxious fool. looks like $$ can't buy everything, if you even have any... :o

Old 10-26-2002 | 07:49 PM
Banned

Give me about 15 minutes...I will post a pic of me in front of a GT2

like I care
Old 10-26-2002 | 08:07 PM
Drifting

like I care
well it seems like you do since your still posting in the thread right?
Old 10-26-2002 | 08:29 PM
Race Director

like I care

buddy, u challenged him...and u doubted him...u obviuosly do care.
Old 10-26-2002 | 09:06 PM
Racer

It's been an Hour and Thirty minutes.... where's the pics?? That's some 15 minutes......
Old 10-26-2002 | 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

[/sarcasm]
Old 10-27-2002 | 10:34 AM
Pro

Man, you guys are fucking bunch of ricers. I bet you guys are all under 20 and never been to the track. I'm not talking about drag stips, I mean the real fucking track. M3 is for girls. How you fucking race w/ 3500lbs car? I tracked a E46 M3 and it handles like shit. Even WRX can spank its ass. Not to mention I toy around M3 w/my 996TT X50. LOL.
Damn, you are ignorant.

The E46 M3 will spank most street cars. No, the car is not perfect. It is heavier than it should be. As for you seeing "lesser" cars passing an M3 at the track, if you actually knew anything about driving then you would know that it depends on the driver. In novice run groups, you will see old BMWs and WRXs passing modified Vipers, big deal. Take a look at who is spanking who in the upper-level run groups at most track days, the E46 M3 is a very fast car. A WRX cannot keep up.

As for the weight, your 911 Turbo is 250lbs heavier than the M3. And looking at the hard data on cornering speeds in the R&T handling test, has comperable cornerning speeds.

btw, my 5th roadcourse weekend this year is in two weeks.
Old 10-27-2002 | 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally posted by someguy
Damn, you are ignorant.

The E46 M3 will spank most street cars. No, the car is not perfect. It is heavier than it should be. As for you seeing "lesser" cars passing an M3 at the track, if you actually knew anything about driving then you would know that it depends on the driver. In novice run groups, you will see old BMWs and WRXs passing modified Vipers, big deal. Take a look at who is spanking who in the upper-level run groups at most track days, the E46 M3 is a very fast car. A WRX cannot keep up.

As for the weight, your 911 Turbo is 250lbs heavier than the M3. And looking at the hard data on cornering speeds in the R&T handling test, has comperable cornerning speeds.

btw, my 5th roadcourse weekend this year is in two weeks.
Oh no. Not another fucking R&T ricer on this board!!! Did you said M3 corner faster than 996TT? LOL, this is the most ridiculus bullshit I heard. Did you ever track M3 and 996T? I doubt you ever ride in them. You should post this in the Porsche board, so we can fucking laugh your ass off. M3's brake start to fade after 2-3 hot laps on the track. Not to mention the ridiculous understeerling. M3 is for posers like you. Go watch the previous Best Motoring. Even 99' 996 can spank E46 M3's ass on the track easily. M3 is not built for track. Period.
Old 10-27-2002 | 11:53 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Oh no. Not another fucking R&T ricer on this board!!! Did you said M3 corner faster than 996TT? LOL, this is the most ridiculus bullshit I heard. Did you ever track M3 and 996T? I doubt you ever ride in them. You should post this in the Porsche board, so we can fucking laugh your ass off.
You don't own a 996 TT......unless its your father's. I can tell just by your above commentary. No person who drives a $150k X50 packaged 911 would even bother (or have the mentality) typing the cynical nonsense you just typed.
Old 10-27-2002 | 12:25 PM
__

Originally posted by Beltfed
You don't own a 996 TT......unless its your father's. I can tell just by your above commentary. No person who drives a $150k X50 packaged 911 would even bother (or have the mentality) typing the cynical nonsense you just typed.
Did we not discover this in another thread? I remember when this jerk first came here he started a similar problem...
Old 10-27-2002 | 12:34 PM
Banned

I'm just sick of ricer lowering level of this board.
Old 10-27-2002 | 12:36 PM
Banned

LoL. you drive a Viper and you're here too. What's your point?
Old 10-27-2002 | 12:41 PM
Senior Moderator

um, topgaytrader, beltfed's not a total ass like you. that's why he's here.

why are you here? none of us like you, your comments make no sense and neither does your grammer.

kindly go yourself, thx
Old 10-27-2002 | 12:47 PM
__

btw, why do u call us ricers? There are very few ricers on this board. Since u love to "pick on ricers" why not go to a civic board? Oh btw, u claim to sell xenons....so u are a ricer too! Gotcha bitch!

haha ricer!
Old 10-27-2002 | 12:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

LoL. you drive a Viper and you're here too. What's your point?
I actually OWN an Acura CL and a Viper, I'm on this board and Viperclub.org....few others as well.

You don't think this board had others in the past or still has people like you on here? It really isn't so hard to pick out lying sacks of shit and those who are truthful.

Not sure what Porsche board your "supposidely" on, but nobody on Rennlist acts like you.

With that, how do you like my new car

Old 10-27-2002 | 01:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh no. Not another fucking R&T ricer on this board!!! Did you said M3 corner faster than 996TT? LOL, this is the most ridiculus bullshit I heard. Did you ever track M3 and 996T? I doubt you ever ride in them. You should post this in the Porsche board, so we can fucking laugh your ass off. M3's brake start to fade after 2-3 hot laps on the track. Not to mention the ridiculous understeerling. M3 is for posers like you. Go watch the previous Best Motoring. Even 99' 996 can spank E46 M3's ass on the track easily. M3 is not built for track. Period.

The only ricer I see here is you. You speak without any knowledge of anything. All you probably do is read magazines. A M3 isnt built for a track LOL. Tell me why every BMW is tested at the world famous Nurburgring, just like Porsche. I can by the way you talk about M3s that you have NO EXPERIENCE on a track. Keep playing Gran Turismo 3.

You dont own a Porsche, so quit talking about it. Heres how I am positive you dont own a 996TT..... You speak and write at a 11th grade level. Secondly, that picture you posted was in front of houses that aren't worth as much as the car. Nice try....Move along now.
Old 10-27-2002 | 01:48 PM
__

The only ricer I see here is you. You speak without any knowledge of anything. All you probably do is read magazines. A M3 isnt built for a track LOL. Tell me why every BMW is tested at the world famous Nurburgring, just like Porsche. I can by the way you talk about M3s that you have NO EXPERIENCE on a track. Keep playing Gran Turismo 3.

You dont own a Porsche, so quit talking about it. Heres how I am positive you dont own a 996TT..... You speak and write at a 11th grade level. Secondly, that picture you posted was in front of houses that aren't worth as much as the car. Nice try....Move along now.
don't forget he keeps showing us the same pic. Does he not have more?
Old 10-27-2002 | 02:38 PM

Not to mention most people in 996 turbos don't track em at all. 914s are the Porsches to track. And BMW realizes the M3 is getting heavier and heavier, hence the forthcoming M3 CSL, 400lbs ligher and 350hp. Not bad from a naturally aspirated engine. Though I LOVE Porsches and the 996, your making owners looke terrible.
Old 10-27-2002 | 03:21 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

why do u guys even bother with this topdaytrader clown?? He's been busted for :

- that nonsense he was tryin to feed everyone on here about the dopey xenon he sells...

- posting someone else's TL, pretending like its his and pretending like it had 8000k bulbs while it actually had 6000...

- he's been busted on the nsx forum too...

- he talks out of his ass 99% of the time and now THIS........

i seriously doubt he owns ANY car, let alone that porsche he has the pic of (which i'm willing to bet is SOMEONE ELSE's) and IF it is his then he lives in a shitty neighborhood and shouldnt be driving anything over a corolla anyway.....

By the way he talks, i'm sure he's some 13 yr old kid who rides around in his sister's bicycle and doesnt have anything better to do then waste his time and everyone else's along with it so......

JUST IGNORE HIM
Old 10-27-2002 | 04:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by shaHn78
why do u guys even bother with this topdaytrader clown?? He's been busted for :

- that nonsense he was tryin to feed everyone on here about the dopey xenon he sells...

- posting someone else's TL, pretending like its his and pretending like it had 8000k bulbs while it actually had 6000...

- he's been busted on the nsx forum too...

- he talks out of his ass 99% of the time and now THIS........

i seriously doubt he owns ANY car, let alone that porsche he has the pic of (which i'm willing to bet is SOMEONE ELSE's) and IF it is his then he lives in a shitty neighborhood and shouldnt be driving anything over a corolla anyway.....

By the way he talks, i'm sure he's some 13 yr old kid who rides around in his sister's bicycle and doesnt have anything better to do then waste his time and everyone else's along with it so......

JUST IGNORE HIM

Can I get a "AMEN"!
Old 10-27-2002 | 06:56 PM
Pro

LOL

I don't think anyone has said that an M3 is faster than a 996TT. I only refereced that article because it has a breakdown of cornering speeds, exit speeds, etc. The in the transition segment, the M3 is 3.5mph faster at the 2nd Apex (Do you need me to define this for you?) Your 911 Turbo understeers a lot more than the M3 does, I'll take the advice of a race driver over yours. M3s brakes are not up to Porsche standards, of course. The M3 is $45K, your car was $150K. I would expect more.

You are not mature enough to drive such a nice car, what a waste.

btw, I like how you reference Best Motoring, but take objection to the tables in R&T. The M3 ceratinly isn't perfect, but it is a great compromise GT car; especially for the price.

Grow up. I'm done with your bullshit.
Old 10-27-2002 | 07:36 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout
To compare to a CLS.... i would go test drive the 330 manual. Also, while you are driving it, try to take sharp turns in it.
alright, alright...the bimmer get mad props from me now! a friend of mine that i work with has a bmw and i was asking him about where the closest one was because of everybody saying how tight it was. and i told him how you said that i should test drive the 330 and he was like, "why wait...here you go." he has the 330...imagine my luck right i don't now if it's the rwd or just str8 up torque, but wow!! that thing is fast...i don't really think the cl-s gets up like that thing man! and don't even talk about the curves...it corners like it's on rails! i mean i took this corner pretty fast and there was NO body movement.

now i finally understand the compliments on the 330! still a few more dollars than i have to spend, but i would buy on if i had the money to spend. now i can't imagine how fast the m3 is!!
Old 10-27-2002 | 08:55 PM
Banned

I actually OWN an Acura CL and a Viper, I'm on this board and Viperclub.org....few others as well.

You don't think this board had others in the past or still has people like you on here? It really isn't so hard to pick out lying sacks of shit and those who are truthful.

Not sure what Porsche board your "supposidely" on, but nobody on Rennlist acts like you.

With that, how do you like my new car

Here's one more pic. I got plenty of pics, I'm just too lazy to resize it. I also looking for a blk/blk F360. How much did you get yours?

Quick Reply: Does the M3 Have Any real Comptetion?