Carfax Report Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Carfax Report Question

In market for a used car. Possibly buying one from a private sale so I pulled up Carfax report which doesn't show anything but its original odometer and registration issued in past two years. it's 2015 Lexus GX 460 and I was able to look up 'Lexus Drivers' for all the service history done at a local Lexus dealer. Showed 5k, 10k and 15k service done however they are not reflected on the Carfax report. Shouldn't they automatically populate or is it the dealer's responsibility to report including date of service, description of service and odometer reading? Everything else checks out 'Guaranteed, No Problem' but yet it's showing as if this 2 yrs old car with 9 miles odometer still. Seems odd.

Sent email to both Carfax and Lenox Drivers to see why information is missing but not sure if this is common. Anyone had this issue while car shopping?
Old 07-31-2017, 10:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by baboya96
In market for a used car. Possibly buying one from a private sale so I pulled up Carfax report which doesn't show anything but its original odometer and registration issued in past two years. it's 2015 Lexus GX 460 and I was able to look up 'Lexus Drivers' for all the service history done at a local Lexus dealer. Showed 5k, 10k and 15k service done however they are not reflected on the Carfax report. Shouldn't they automatically populate or is it the dealer's responsibility to report including date of service, description of service and odometer reading? Everything else checks out 'Guaranteed, No Problem' but yet it's showing as if this 2 yrs old car with 9 miles odometer still. Seems odd.

Sent email to both Carfax and Lenox Drivers to see why information is missing but not sure if this is common. Anyone had this issue while car shopping?
The dealer has to report these services to a automotive network where carproof/fax picks them up and reports them. Theoretically a car could have a multi thousand dollar accident and it will never show up if the repair shop doesn't report it. So while I do like carfax/carproof, I take the information with a grain of salt for better or worse.