Best driving postion to sit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:42 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
In my case i slide the seat as far back as it goes, but that wasnt enough for me, I then took the seat out of the car and made the track go back 2 more inches.

But i must say this isnt something you should ask, its something YOU should take the time to find what position YOU like
Old 04-12-2011, 07:44 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
And you still couldn't fit....

Old 04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
Police Academy!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well....in India it is RHD..the moment i typed the message i knew i mistyped. So being an engineer...i landed up coming up with my own excuse of "For me LHD meant i changed gears with my left hand"

Well when you do not see acurazine forum replies on time you can bet that we are busy. But i seriously did not get the time to check.

Nevertheless, I am certain i shall come up with my own ideal driving position over time.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Lt. Gamble

Originally Posted by peekay81
Well....in India it is RHD..the moment i typed the message i knew i mistyped. So being an engineer...i landed up coming up with my own excuse of "For me LHD meant i changed gears with my left hand"

Well when you do not see acurazine forum replies on time you can bet that we are busy. But i seriously did not get the time to check.

Nevertheless, I am certain i shall come up with my own ideal driving position over time.
So, what do you call it if you drive an automatic? No Hand Drive?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
You still need to use your hand to move the shifter from "Park" to "Drive".

Probably.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Lt. Gamble

Originally Posted by knavinusa
You still need to use your hand to move the shifter from "Park" to "Drive".

Probably.
I knew someone was going to say that.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
In my case i slide the seat as far back as it goes, but that wasnt enough for me, I then took the seat out of the car and made the track go back 2 more inches.
shaq?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
Go sparingly on the lumbar support. I still suspect to this day that my over-use of the 2nd-gen TL's lumbar support (actually just a bar that pushed on my sciatic nerve) was the cause of my back failure.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
^ what happened to ur back?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
This thread is hilarious! I can understand having a little bit of difficulty with the manual shift knob from RHD to LHD but sitting position? That's why your car has a 10-way power seat. Use it!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by VQPower37
^ what happened to ur back?
I got my first TL in late 1999. I always kept the lumbar support fully on. Probably about 3 months of ownership in, my back gave out when I was simply standing up from plugging something into an outlet. I was horizontal for a week in recovery. I never had back problems before then and never had a car that had lumbar support.

Over the next 10 years I owned 2 TL's and the back issues came and went in cycles. I always kept the lumbar support on because, well, I had a bad back now and I thought I needed that extra support.

I came close to finding the answer one time when I went on a business trip for a week and had a rental car. This rental had no lumbar in the seat and I was worried I was going to hurt my back again. After that week, I felt fine. Then when I got home and back in the TL, my back started hurting within about 15 minutes.

A couple months after that, I was having a massage done and was describing all these issue to my masseuse, I put the two together, the same pressure she was doing to my lower back and causing me pain was the same pressure that bar in the Acura seat was doing. That night, I turned off the lumbar and everything started getting better.

This was at the time that I was researching the purchase of my MX-5, and I had planned on buying an inflatable lumbar kit for the seat. With my new revelation, I didn't need to purchase that kit at all. A year later, things are much, much better. They'll never be perfect - once your back goes, you're pretty much changed forever. But, I don't live in chronic pain anymore, which is a huge quality-of-life improvement. It was getting close to suicide-level misery.

And that's why I discourage using lumbar support in the Acura.

Last edited by Anachostic; 04-25-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Added quote so it doesn't look like I'm talking to the air
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Anachostic
I got my first TL in late 1999. I always kept the lumbar support fully on. Probably about 3 months of ownership in, my back gave out when I was simply standing up from plugging something into an outlet. I was horizontal for a week in recovery. I never had back problems before then and never had a car that had lumbar support.

Over the next 10 years I owned 2 TL's and the back issues came and went in cycles. I always kept the lumbar support on because, well, I had a bad back now and I thought I needed that extra support.

I came close to finding the answer one time when I went on a business trip for a week and had a rental car. This rental had no lumbar in the seat and I was worried I was going to hurt my back again. After that week, I felt fine. Then when I got home and back in the TL, my back started hurting within about 15 minutes.

A couple months after that, I was having a massage done and was describing all these issue to my masseuse, I put the two together, the same pressure she was doing to my lower back and causing me pain was the same pressure that bar in the Acura seat was doing. That night, I turned off the lumbar and everything started getting better.

This was at the time that I was researching the purchase of my MX-5, and I had planned on buying an inflatable lumbar kit for the seat. With my new revelation, I didn't need to purchase that kit at all. A year later, things are much, much better. They'll never be perfect - once your back goes, you're pretty much changed forever. But, I don't live in chronic pain anymore, which is a huge quality-of-life improvement. It was getting close to suicide-level misery.

And that's why I discourage using lumbar support in the Acura.
That's why most guys drive kinda leaning backward and without use of the lumbar support. Women likes to use the lumbar support though. For example, almost any car I get in that was driven by a female either had the lumbar support all the way up or a pillow or some sort of padding right in the middle. Women just likes to sit up straight, I guess. I know my wife, sisters and my mom drives like this and I re-adjust it really quick even before I get into the seat!