anyone considering a Nissan purchase, stay away from

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone considering a Nissan purchase, stay away from

Westbury and Hempstead Nissan.

These 2 dealers are the LOWEST mother f----ers I have ever dealt with.

They both tried to swindle me and I have put in complaints to the NY State attorney general as well as Nissan Customer Service.

I wanted an 03 max se and I will never set foot in a Nissan dealer again. this is the 3rd time i have been fucked around with

I bought a TL and I have to bite the bullet on an additional $6000, which i did not want to spend i have to pay 3.49 instead of 0.9 thru nissan and the car is 3 g's more plus tax

i fuckin hate nissan dealers

i still love acura
Old 01-02-2003, 08:56 AM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what exactly did they do?
Old 01-02-2003, 09:07 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When i bought my previous car, a 98 Pathfinder, at Westbury Nissan there was some BS the night of the pickup. They threw on some additonal fee's that wearn't on there when the price was set upon. I think it was the $$$ destination charge or something like that.

We did end up buying from them but only after they removed that shit and we got like 2 free oil changes for our trouble. My dad was all set to walk away however.

Sorry to hear about your trouble BSK, but you'll soon be the owner of a nice new TL! Best of luck with it.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by chikai
what exactly did they do?
hempstead offered me a lowball number and when i accepted it, they did the manager has to approve it bullshit and came back with a number 1500 more, the first number came from a manager(different one), so what the f,

the 2nd manager said they wanted to see if was "really a buyer"
told them to f off

westbury - offered a number and the manager came and said they would accept it. told me i did my homework and they were not making a dollar on the car, but because it was at the end of the month, they get to move another unit

took me and the wife to the finance manager who did the credit check and said that the credit was good

then he looked at the bill of sale and said that he would not give us the 0.9 and 1000 rebate offered by nissan unless we took a service contract or bought dealer pack shit
i said to him i only want the nissan ad deal or i would not take the car he said that they were not making any money and would not sell me the car
i told him that was expressly illegal, he walked out and disappeared
the manager then told me he was sorry but the general manager squashed the deal
told them also to politely go fuck themselves too
Old 01-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Revving at 9K...

Sorry to hear that man..

But don't feel bad, I think I was screw by my Acura dealer too, at first I thought I was getting a great deal, but when I was at the finance managers desk, I found out all the extra charges it came along with the car.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by CLS2001_97124
Sorry to hear that man..

But don't feel bad, I think I was screw by my Acura dealer too, at first I thought I was getting a great deal, but when I was at the finance managers desk, I found out all the extra charges it came along with the car.
this s/b be a lesson to all of us

do not sign until they disclose every penny you are obligated to pay before seeing the finance mgr
Old 01-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
When I was recently approved on a loan for my 2k2 Grand Prix, they set a limit on the amount financed. The deal was going to fall through until the General Sales Manager (total shyster) stepped in. We agreed on a price that was a skinny skinny deal for them. He proceeded to fuck with the numbers IN FRONT OF ME to get the car around the number and still make money. I nearly walked out, but finally got the deal for what I wanted. From this point forward, I'm buying through my credit union and just going to pick up the car from the dealer. No more buying from the dealer.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Where is my super sauce?

(From what's described) The first dealership sounds like typical automobile salesmanship...the same runaround that everyone does. No big deal, just take your business elsewhere.

The second dealership does sound like they were trying to bait/switch with you (at least as you described). Make sure, when you are dealing for a car, that you are dealing for a specific VIN/specific automobile - that way they cannot screw you and try the bait & switch. Also make sure you know the rules of the rebates or low interest rates ahead of time (look at the small print in the ad or online). Often time the low interest or the high rebate is tied to selling the vehicle at MSRP or some other crap so the dealer doesn't lose too much on the deal.

Check out CarBuyingTips to learn about all the scams that the dealers will try to pull on you. I found the information on this site invaluable when shopping for a car.

Why do all dealers tell the consumer that they're making no money on the deal? Do we or should we care? - not to mention, we all know that this is never a truism (dealer hold back, etc).

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on these dealers.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Revving at 9K...

Slimey,

Thanks for the link.. it was very informative. I will be buying a S2K this spring, I feel better already going to the dealer arming with the new knowledge.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Slimey
[B](From what's described) The first dealership sounds like typical automobile salesmanship...the same runaround that everyone does. No big deal, just take your business elsewhere.

The second dealership does sound like they were trying to bait/switch with you (at least as you described). Make sure, when you are dealing for a car, that you are dealing for a specific VIN/specific automobile - that way they cannot screw you and try the bait & switch. Also make sure you know the rules of the rebates or low interest rates ahead of time (look at the small print in the ad or online). Often time the low interest or the high rebate is tied to selling the vehicle at MSRP or some other crap so the dealer doesn't lose too much on the deal.

Check out CarBuyingTips to learn about all the scams that the dealers will try to pull on you. I found the information on this site invaluable when shopping for a car.

i am as aware as anyone out there on the ins and outs of car buying. i used to enjoy fucking with sales peoples heads. but this was a totally new experience for me. i knew every step of the way as far as what car, package etc. should cost

but, just to be told f.u., we are not selling you a car because we are not making a profit, that meant i knew too much and was not going to go for spit.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:54 PM
Racer

I hate dealers do this kind shit to genuine buyers. It's a damn insult to our intelligence not to mention wasting our time. They have the nerve to think they can get away with it!! I have been there before. That's I never enjoy this fu##ing buy process with any dealer. They all play this fu##ing charade and think we are damn stupid.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Where is my super sauce?

It sounds like you did the right thing - you're taking your business elsewhere. Too bad for them; too bad for Nissan.

One of the nice things about salesmanship: there's ALWAYS someone down the street (down the state...) willing to go the extra mile or do that extra something to make the sale. Too bad these folks forgot about that.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

What's nice is that you live on LI and have no less than a dozen Nissan dealers to choose from......so I'm sure you can find one that's descent.

Nissan 112 in Medford happens to be very good.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Racer

Yeah, the Nissan dealership less than a mile from my house are complete jackasses most of the time! The dealership 20 mies away in Brandon is much better.