Any way of telling how long a tire will last?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by speedemon90
I wanted to tell him that your tires suck compared to ours but that would have been disrespectful lol
My dad bought the '05 model Odyssey that came with run-flats. He bragged about it for a long time to everyone he knew. He later found out that they are very expensive to replace and does nothing but bitch about it to everyone he knows. When the tires needed to be replaced he ended up putting standard tires on it. Needless to say I had no shame in telling him he rushed his decision in 1) buying the minivan 2) should have researched the pricing on the tires before you bought the van and not bitched about it after the fact making it sound like it was Honda's fault because it wasn't. He bought it without researching it. If you haven't figured out, I don't get along with my parents very well so I have no problem laying it out all there when we have fights.

I dont get how you spend $100/tire and he owns a 3g TL
Is that any different than people who put 87 octane in their cars when they require 91? Sure the car won't knock because of the all the advanced technology that goes into them, but it doesn't mean the car is going to run smoother as it gets old. All that shitty gas beats up your cat, all the carbon buildup clogs up your injectors, TB and countless other pieces, etc.

Last edited by Sly Raskal; 09-12-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: corrected typo all = old
Old 09-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
since no one really commented, I've got firehawk gt's and like them quite a bit, very good grip and decent in the snow even. I did just buy another pair however and opted for the firehawk precisions. So far so good. Not cheap either, about 600 for a set of 4 (16") minus alignment.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 AM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My dad didnt end up cheaping out on these. They are actually pretty good. It was $133/ tire and he also go the lifetime wheel alignment so our total out the door was $720 after a few discounts. But these tires do hold the power of the car pretty well. We have the 3.5 V6 in the accord. Overall I'm impressed.

I was telling my uncle earlier who bought some $100/hankook ventura something. And was telling me we spent to much. I wanted to tell him that your tires suck compared to ours but that would have been disrespectful lol I dont get how you spend $100/tire and he owns a 3g TL
i remember your dad wanting something like $50 per tire, but 133 per tire is about right for an everyday tire though

and as far as your uncle complaining LMFAO, tell him to spend $200 per tire, and not even blink at paying that either (that is how much mine cost roughly per tire and that was at wholesale prices too )

Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
Is that any different than people who put 87 octane in their cars when they require 91? Sure the car won't knock because of the all the advanced technology that goes into them, but it doesn't mean the car is going to run smoother as it gets all. All that shitty gas beats up your cat, all the carbon buildup clogs up your injectors, TB and countless other pieces, etc.
even though it is only like a $1 or 2 per tank fillup, and most people fill up roughly once a week, so it is only roughly going to be about an extra $100 per year (people do take vacations sometimes and the math was easier too) for preminuim gas (btw i updated the lowest octane )
Old 09-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal

Is that any different than people who put 87 octane in their cars when they require 91? Sure the car won't knock because of the all the advanced technology that goes into them, but it doesn't mean the car is going to run smoother as it gets old. All that shitty gas beats up your cat, all the carbon buildup clogs up your injectors, TB and countless other pieces, etc.
Lol, my uncle with the 3G tl, his wife drives the car and I remember one day the subject of gas came up and she said she never fills 87 in her car. Only 89 lol. Why no bay the extra $1.50 to fill up 91? Dunno