The Anthracite Channel

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003 | 11:23 PM
Pro

The Anthracite Channel

Anthracite seems the winner in exterior color and a choice I am going to go see shortly I hope. This thread is an all anthracite thread. Post and any all anthracite pics of all angles here. If anyone who owns one would like to include personal comments live to hear them. How is it to keep clean compared to SSM. I think silver is over done and this is a nice change. If anyone has pics of theirs with tinted windows PLEASE post as well as the % tint.
Old 10-14-2003 | 12:10 AM
Pro

Would love to see pics w/ doors open of Anthracite on Quartz and Ebony for those who have as well as personal opinions from owners. Happy? etc
Old 10-14-2003 | 07:56 AM
Cruisin'

I have an Anthracite w/Quartz and Navi. I'll try to take some pics this weekend. I'm thrilled with the color. I was a bit concerned b/c I just kinda liked the Anthracite on the prior TL. Well I'm not sure if the color is different or the the styling sets it off differently, but I am very, very happy with the color. I have gotten alot of comments about how people like the color as well. None of the other colors did all that much for me (personal preference) except the green. I was suprised at how it was a cool looking gray-green as opposed to forest green.

On the interior, I just decided that Black was too dark for me. I think it contrasted a little too much with the aluminum trim. I think the Quartz is dark enough to look refined. But, that said, the Black still did look very nice.
Old 10-14-2003 | 10:50 AM
Advanced

Call me crazy but:

I think I'm leaning toward anthracite with camel interior

I like the wood touch. A brighter outlook in the morning stepping into your car with camel interior.

Some people cringe at gray and camel.

A salesman made a good point:

Accura designers would not have offered it if it didn't look OK.

Anybody seen one in person?

It is next to impossible to find this combo in Connecticut RI or MA.

Any comments on this combo?
Old 10-14-2003 | 11:28 AM
Advanced

I don't care for the camel interior regardless of the exterior color.

I do like the anthracite a lot, however.
Old 10-14-2003 | 11:33 AM
Intermediate

anthracite/camel

add me to the crazy list, I'm getting my anthracite/cam/navi Oct 29th. I've been posting all over that I saw the camel and it is a sumptuous buttery caramel leather, not orangey. I saw it in the blue pearl (which i did not like at all. It looked purple in the sunlight, and kind of mundane. lacks the style and classiness of anthracite IMHO)

Camel reminds me of an expensive Coach handbag. Grey flannel always looks elegant with a camel coat. I wanted dark exterior with light interior, as I find that a very rich look. I saw parchment with black and it is very sleek. But parchment has a muddy greyish cold tone to it. When I am sitting in the camel, I feel warm and sunny. Once I get mine, I will post somewhere on these boards. but for now, I'd love to see and hear other anthracite camel owners or orderers, cause all I'm seeing is grey on grey, which will be nice, but not for me. Besides, the salesman said the camel interior matches my hair!!!!
Old 10-14-2003 | 11:34 AM
Intermediate

PS, camel matches the wood much better than parchment.
Old 10-14-2003 | 12:29 PM
Pro

Anthraciters or carbon greyers, how are you finding the car to keep clean? Is it more like a black that shows everything, or does it usually look fairly clean?
Old 10-14-2003 | 02:18 PM
Advanced

mcgilh:

I see you are in MASS.

I am in CT

Did your dealer order it direct from the Factory??

How long in weeks since your order does it look like it is going to take for delivery.

My dealer doesn't order but swaps.

I might force him to order your car which is what I want also.

Who is your dealer?
Old 10-14-2003 | 02:28 PM
Intermediate

clair acura in Walpole

I hope you don't mean "my" car, cause I'm eagerly waiting to sit on that camel.

I ordered mine 10-1. I was the first person to order from the dealer as far as I know. I happened to speak to my salesman the day the first TL arrived. I drove right up, couldn't test drive yet, as they were just setting it up in the showroom. We looked up the coming inventory. One anthracite/camel was due to be made on Oct 14 with Oct 29 delivery. There was one Black with camel that would have been a week or two later. It was a drib and a drab. one of this one of that. I grabbed the anthracite, and got a nice key chain for being his first sale. yipee. ( it's gold, so it won't do me much good. i'll sell it on ebay or something.). so you think camel/anthracite sounds good? I'm going to order the lid spoiler too, I think. It makes backing up alot easier.Helps you see the rear end of the car. any opinions on spoilers?
Old 10-14-2003 | 02:31 PM
Pro

agreed spoiler makes backing up far easier, but I have not seen real good pics so becareful, might be fugly. Anywfor a similiar price u can get parking assist, that makes backing up easier as well

PS I go to Clair too, I was talking to Scott day after TL came in
Old 10-14-2003 | 02:37 PM
Intermediate

spoiler

I'm going to get the back up system, too. The lid spoiler (if that's what it's called) is very subtle. I sat in car with it to check out the advantage. I don't think it detracts too much. but I'd really like opinions. sorry to the anthracite themer. got carried away. but, no one has answered my question about spoilers elsewhere.
Old 10-14-2003 | 03:18 PM
Advanced

mcgilh:

Here is our car.

I knew I saw it on a thread a ways back and I finally found it again.

Still hard to make out. Very cloudy day. But the camel looks OK in the side picture.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...thracite+camel

My dealeri s in Groton CT so you don't have to worry about me snaking your car.