Another TSX Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 04:41 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,841 Likes on 2,581 Posts
Another TSX Review

Ok went to drive a 6spd and sadly the only one was on the showroom floor

So I went ahead and drove the SS. DAMN!!!

EXTERIOR: This car looks hot in person, very aggressive by honda/acura standards. And as everyone else has mentioned the fit and finish is amazing. Go to open the hood and the latch release is to the left so you know it 100% awesome Japanese quality. The hood is solid and heavy, My only complaint is it doenst have the hydraulic hood lift, just the standard rod that you have to put in place to hold it up.

Bottom line: exterior is money.

INTERIOR: Again pure quality. Nice big open trunk. But the pass through kinda shapes into a V at the bottom making teh 60/40 split kinda useless on the 40 side. New Spare tire layout with a styrofoam tray with all the tools neatly laid out.

Quality perforated leather. Nice thick comfy euro feeling leather. Solid seat with great bolstering. Steering wheel with tilt and telescope. Gone is the square reveiw adjuster, now is a joystick. Rears seat are sparse, but comfy and very roomy. They didnt have the NAV so i drove a normal one but the layout is great and you get used to it very quick. I drove a white with beige and wood trim, nice, but I blew my load wheni sat in the black/black with metal trim....AWESOME!!!

Other features are dual climate and Im sure the NAV is the same as the accords but a huge ass screen.

Bottom Line: If youve driven the new accords then youve already gotten a taste as the what the interior will look like, but its much much better quality in terms of materials.

DRIVING: Well for the SS fans youll be happy to know the car stays in 1st till you change it all the way to the 8000 red line. Personally, I have to have a manual but the SS wasnt bad for the test.

This car is SMOOTH. I had it up to 80 on the highway in time. And for all you 4 banger doubters I could not hear the engine buzz. Very quiet and does not pick up a lot of road noise.

The car may not be super torquey or as fast as the CL-S but this thing is QUICK. I flew in it and the engine purr was beautiful to hear, not ricey by any means, so butter. Also, no torque steer, but again this was SS and not manual

I went to take a hard corner and forgot to take VSA off and while i took the corner hard and tight the VSA made the car not want to move at all, solid, hardly any noticeable over/under steer.

Bottom Line: Car is quick and fun and solid on the road, handles like a beast and is not noisy by any means. SMOOTH BABY

IN CONCLUSION: Would I shell out the money for the "4banger" that should be a six. HELL YES!!! This car is quality and fun as hell to drive even on long road trips. Very comfortable. I would even pick this car of my top choice of a 6spd accord. It has 4 doors (more practical) and performs to all of its abilities. I would like to see a TYPE S version come out as stated by everyone else. A TYPE S would have me sold in a heartbeat.

Acura has gotten back to their roots with this car and only honda/acura stillmade all their cars back in Japan, you just cant compete agaisnt the build quality. Bulletproof just like they used to be!!!

Bottom Line: THIS CAR IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

I just need to drive the 6spd to be completely in love!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another TSX Review

Originally posted by sarlacc23

Bottom Line: THIS CAR IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
no ones gonna pay 25k+ for a near-luxo, N/A 4 banger! I'm sorry but you can put me in the "TSX-haters" category. The thing will tank!

honda is smoking crack! would it have killed them to put in at least a V6? if you want honda performance, you'd have to shell out 90K for a 13 second(maybe high 12's) nsx! its like, I can by a 20K dodge neon, put slicks on it and rape the entire honcura line up into next week!:

VIDEO: http://www.atpturbo.com/turbopiping/...9SRT416PSI.mpg
http://www.atpturbo.com/turbopiping/...9SRT416PSI.wmv
Old 04-06-2003, 04:57 PM
The Third Ball

Re: Re: Another TSX Review

Originally posted by torqueaholic
no ones gonna pay 25k+ for a near-luxo, N/A 4 banger! I'm sorry but you can put me in the "TSX-haters" category. The thing will tank!
I will make this statment again... People bought the 1st gen 4bangers at that price didnt they? this car is 10x the car my first gen is...
Old 04-06-2003, 05:03 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Another TSX Review

Originally posted by sarlacc23
I will make this statment again... People bought the 1st gen 4bangers at that price didnt they? this car is 10x the car my first gen is...
that was then, this is now! I mean everybody is bringing out the big guns now! look at the altima. nissan gave it ballz, and with only a 5 spd manual, your close to 13's at the track. it changed the way people thought about fwd sedans! I mean you have to have at least 240 bones now to compete in that category showing that people now want POWER! soccer mom's are going to look at that tsx, and ask the sales man: "so whats the hp on this thing"?. he'll go: "its a really really fast 200HP." they'll be like: "oh, great!, looks like johnny will be late for soccer practise again"
Old 04-06-2003, 05:24 PM
__

the 4 cyl. first gen CL was just under 25k
Old 04-06-2003, 05:35 PM
The Third Ball

Originally posted by Zoot
the 4 cyl. first gen CL was just under 25k
Ok so add in the fact its been 6 years and inflation and cost of cars vs then. Doesnt matter is will sell.

Zoot thanks for that info i had been wondering exact numbers.

I just wanted to add another review/opinion abou this car not make a flame war. Opinions are always welcome though.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:10 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I don't care about the car for myself. But the bigger picture for Acura I do care about, and this car can only help with Acura sales. They needed a cheaper 4 door and they haven't had a new car in 3 years (MDX). Sedans are what, 80% of the market?
It's a nice 4 door car, with some near lux features. I think it will sell. But I'm wondering, what happened to Acura vs Honda?
Now Acuras are looking like Hondas, and Honda Accords are looking like Acuras, the line is not near as distinct as before.

This will definitely effect the TL prices, when a cheaper car has many options that the more expensive TL doesn't have, buyers may look elsewhere instead of get the older TL.
But the new TL is out in August, if you want a current TL the prices should be great now. And all the CLs just sat over in one area of the lot ignored, mostly CLPs, no one wants. They had 10, 7 CLPs, and 3 CLS, one 6 speed, and about 6 used CLs.