Amazing How "Cheap" People Seem to Think Acura's Are

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007 | 01:26 PM
Senior Moderator

This is for a TSX that only take 4.4 quarts of oil. I just called my local dealer and asked how much this service would cost. They told me $129

10,000 mi/16,000 km Scheduled Maintenance
Replace engine oil.
Replace engine oil filter.

Inspect front and rear brakes.
Lubricate all hinges, locks and latches.
Rotate tires (follow pattern on page 276 of your owner's manual).
Inspect tie-rod ends, steering gearbox and boots.
Inspect suspension components.
Inspect drive shaft boots.

Now someone tell me that paying basically over $100 for 4.4 quarts of oil isnt expensive to maintain? Yet people who dont do their own research will be gladly to pay it.
Old 02-21-2007 | 02:27 PM
I now drive an accord....

Originally Posted by runnerX
Yes, I do apply Lexorl leather conditioner almost every 6 months
You only apply conditioner twice a year in california heat? That could be your problem

I apply Lexol about once a month and if I don't the seats feel "dry"...
After 4 years of ownership my seats only have minor wrinkles
Old 02-21-2007 | 02:52 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by runnerX
sorry.. I need rant a little.. my LEATHER SEATS started to crack already.. Yes, I do apply Lexorl leather conditioner almost every 6 months, and I live California where isn't dry at all. My buddy's dirty leather seats in his bimmer have not cracked a bit.
Actual cracks or merely wrinkles? If you truly have cracks in your leather, it's cleary obvious something is wrong with the leather on your seats. If you're talking about wrinkles, IMO all leather seats do this to a degree once they are worn in.
Old 02-21-2007 | 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
This is for a TSX that only take 4.4 quarts of oil. I just called my local dealer and asked how much this service would cost. They told me $129

Replace engine oil.

Now someone tell me that paying basically over $100 for 4.4 quarts of oil isnt expensive to maintain? Yet people who dont do their own research will be gladly to pay it.
Rofl, yeah its insane. I tell em, do the oil change ($30 for synth blend) and I rotate the tires, the other stuff I do a spot check, but their fine. Not worth the $$$
Old 02-21-2007 | 04:13 PM
_____ like a rabbit

when i hear acura i think honda, maybe thats why people think they're cheap...
Old 02-21-2007 | 04:13 PM
Pro

Replace engine oil.

My 2.0T just had its 16000km service done and it was 99.95 Cdn and that included all the above plus filling all the fluids (washer fluid etc) and they washed it inside and out and let me use a service vehicle because they where backed up for a few hours so i wouldnt miss my other apointment.

I was thinking that was insane but after seeing $129 (USD i assume) i guess it wasnt that bad. Although i do agree that if ihad more time i would have done this sevice myself and saved half that.
Old 02-21-2007 | 10:23 PM
Back in a TL again.

Think of it this way if people would think of acura in the same class as bmw,lexus,benz,etc you would be paying 70,000 for a tl instead of 40,000 and so forth
Old 02-22-2007 | 01:23 AM
Let me help you!

My dad has a bmw, and it gets problems from time to time. My dad is a dedicated bmw/MB person, so he won't get rid of the bmw. The problem is that it's so expensive to fix each time it breaks down.

Most people know that Honda and Acura are the same thing. But they won't believe it when you tell them that Toyota/Lexus and Nissan/Infiniti are the same thing.

Acura would cost much, much more if they hadn't messed up early in its life...now they're offering more for less just to catch up
Old 02-22-2007 | 03:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
My dad has a bmw, and it gets problems from time to time. My dad is a dedicated bmw/MB person, so he won't get rid of the bmw. The problem is that it's so expensive to fix each time it breaks down.

Most people know that Honda and Acura are the same thing. But they won't believe it when you tell them that Toyota/Lexus and Nissan/Infiniti are the same thing.
i think it's more of the fact that those people driving a lexus or infiniti want people to think they're driving a lexus, not a toyota. if you tell someone that drives an escalade that they're driving a tahoe, they probably wont want to admit it to themselves. it's the same thing with honda/acura, toyota/lexus, nissan/infiniti, ford/mercury, GM/chevy.
Old 02-22-2007 | 10:58 PM
03 TL-S

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan

Acura would cost much, much more if they hadn't messed up early in its life...now they're offering more for less just to catch up

Old 02-23-2007 | 01:58 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

When people ask me what kind of car it is, I just say it's a Honda (especially at client sites!!!). What's the big deal anyway?? If they were a car person, they wouldn't need to ask.

Hey, all my windows say "Honda", not "Acura".
Old 02-23-2007 | 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Replace engine oil.

That costs $151 over here... Oil and rotate tires basically...
Old 02-23-2007 | 06:14 PM
Racer

I think Acura having cars like the Integra, EL, and CSX is the reason people don't view it as a Luxury car manufacturer. Acuras are fantastic cars, there is no question about that, they just decided to play in a market that BMW, Lexus, Infiniti do not. I guess it's hard for someone to perceive Acura as an upscale car manufacturer when you they make a car that looks like a Civic. I don't necessary agree with it, but it is what it is.