Acura vs Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:41 PM
mthaze20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TommySalami
What do you expect out of a car that costs a lot more? Of course Lexus is going to have better features and whatnot..
Better features? I think you meant to say equal features at additional cost. Ah yes, and that cushy image that screams gold plated 'ghetto japanese cadillac.' Or, just granda.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:45 PM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 10-03-2009, 05:48 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,967 Likes on 2,645 Posts
Originally Posted by mhaze20
Better features? I think you meant to say equal features at additional cost. Ah yes, and that cushy image that screams gold plated 'ghetto japanese cadillac.' Or, just granda.
Name me an acura that has fully keyless entry/exit/start? The IS does, does the TSX? Name an acura with A/C/heated seats? The IS does, does the TSX?
AWD? IS does, TSX?

Get the jizz out of your eyes (see ramblings), and your head out of your ass.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:45 PM
mthaze20

Wink

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Name me an acura that has fully keyless entry/exit/start? The IS does, does the TSX? Name an acura with A/C/heated seats? The IS does, does the TSX?
AWD? IS does, TSX?

Get the jizz out of your eyes (see ramblings), and your head out of your ass.

jizz is out, thanks for asking. lets addrss your concerns:
1-A/C/heated seats? Not A/C but heated across the board. 2-Bluetooth, extra on lexus, standard accross the board on ever acura.
3-AWD in lexus, only on the IS250, COW!!! If your gunhoe about AWD, you have SH-AWD on the TL, ZDX,RDX, and RL which I'm sure will trickle down now that the TSX is being released with a V6.

4-You forgot to point out, USB interface, standard on Acura, even Honda FITS!

Now, Lets do ZDX and RX, oh wait, I forget dumb red neck breaders like you need the DVD's in the back seats since you insist on cloning dumber versions of yourself. AKA - Kids.

5-And, if I'm not mistaken, the backup camera is also an extra cost option on Lexus.

6-As is Mark Levinson audio. Whereas Elliot Shriener and ELS is standard on both TSX/tech and TL/Tech.

Hey asshole, go get your supped up Toyota Corola with wood trim that can open itself. I have hands to turn the steering wheel. I can certainly push a button on a fob to open the door.

Sidenote: And I would say that an Acura TSX does not compete with a lexus IS. And as far as keyless entry and push button start, the TL has Push start and its making its way across the lineup.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^

Honda is late to the party with the keyless ignition, it's standard on Altima's yet is only an option on a TL, not available on a TSX?? Come on.

Also, USB is not even optional on Civic DX and LX, I only know this because my uncle picked up a LX and was looking forward to this feature only to find out he didn't have it.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I really liked Acura as a brand, but based on the direction they are going I am more impressed with where Lexus is heading. That's not to say things can't turn around in a hurry I think Acura does have some good aspects, and interesting concepts, but they often put it all together in an odd package. Then factor in the dealership experience and you really start to see the advantage Lexus has developed.

You made a statement about Lexus not offering any features Acura isn't, Sarlacc, maybe a bit aggressively, pointed out they do. Perhaps don't make blanket statements in the future that simply aren't true and you won't experience the Wrath of Sarlacc.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
It got ugly quickly.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 744 Likes on 448 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMirror
Acura created a glass ceiling for themselves with the adherence to FWD platforms.
That would seem true at first glance... but Audi is the counter-argument that proves this wrong.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Wow, seems like mhaze and sarlacc are around everywhere

IS-F =

That's me though. I know a lot of people were controversial about how it looks, but how it performs, I'd say Lexus nailed it right on the head and they're onto something great.

Acura well.. is still Acura. Both still are great brands though.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm the Firestarter

You guys are all idiots.

Seriously, why the hate. I own a TSX. I still like Lexus cars. I can see why they're more expensive. It's not purely about features, when I got to a Lexus dealership and I sit in an IS I easily see why it costs more than my TSX. It may not have more space, and it may have roughly the same equipment (or not) but that's not what makes the price. Lexus is generally more upmarket and can charge more for a smaller/similar car because they give you a better quality dash, better quality leather, more fancy buttons, higher quality plastics, more padding etc. And in the IS case it's RWD which probably makes it more expensive in itself. As an Acura owner, I also noticed slightly better exterior finish.

Did I buy an IS? No, it was way too small in the back for my needs. If I was single or retired or wanted to spend more money on a car, I would have strongly considered it.

Lexus and Acura are both high in reliability ratings, but these things are becoming less meaningful nowadays, basically most cars you buy these days are pretty reliable.

And to the Scottish guy, who cares if Acuras are "rebadged Hondas". In Europe the Honda costs as much as the Acura does here, if not more. You can't buy the Euro Honda here, you HAVE to buy the TSX. The question in North America is how does the TSX stack up against the American Accord, and again, it's a bit more expensive but you get a better interior, nicer styling and a sportier ride. You can't get that in another Honda, and if you don't think the Acura is good enough for you, fine, go for an American Honda. Don't tell me people are buying TSXs for the badge, because it's a different car than the Accord.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
IS-F =
I personally hate what they did with the hood on the IS-F. It breaks the sleek front of the IS. I wish they just used a bulge like the M3 does, instead of changing the shape of the entire hood.

The use of fake exhaust tips is also questionable, although Ferrari does it too now so I guess that makes it OK.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:28 PM
The Third Ball

Hey asshole, go get your supped up Toyota Corola with wood trim that can open itself. I have hands to turn the steering wheel. I can certainly push a button on a fob to open the door.

Sidenote: And I would say that an Acura TSX does not compete with a lexus IS. And as far as keyless entry and push button start, the TL has Push start and its making its way across the lineup.
I'm on my phone and in the middle of soemthing so I'll touch on two things.

Corolla is a smaller fed drive platform. The new hs250 is based on the corolla. The IS is it's own larger platform that is RWD.

Your TSX is called an Accord in Europe and gets pretty little new badges in the US to make it a "luxury" car.

And yes moron, the TSX does compete directly with the IS as well as the 3 series and the A4.

There are other points in your post that are I correct or prove my point.

Get your facts straight dipshit.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Belzebutt
I personally hate what they did with the hood on the IS-F. It breaks the sleek front of the IS. I wish they just used a bulge like the M3 does, instead of changing the shape of the entire hood.

The use of fake exhaust tips is also questionable, although Ferrari does it too now so I guess that makes it OK.
I agree with your post above, considering I still have my TSX too.. but the IS-F has grown on me quite a bit. It's my answer to the perfect balance of luxury and sport
Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 PM
The Third Ball

Bentley used the fake exhaust tips long before Lexus.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:42 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

He's right and wrong. Lexus outsells Acura and is right in there with BMW and MB. Acura isn't... anymore.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:13 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Corolla is a smaller fed drive platform. The new hs250 is based on the corolla. The IS is it's own larger platform that is RWD.

Your TSX is called an Accord in Europe and gets pretty little new badges in the US to make it a "luxury" car.

And yes moron, the TSX does compete directly with the IS as well as the 3 series and the A4.

I agree with what you've said, except about the TSX. It's not a badge change, the engine and interior are completely different
Old 10-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Team Owner

Still pretty much an Accord. They can change the interior in and out, it's still the Accord.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 997 Likes on 535 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
In the interest of fairness, all of the Japanese luxury brands are guilty of badge-engineering. The original IS300 for instance was a Toyota Altezza in Japan. My G37 is just a re-badged Nissan 370GT over there as well. The difference is, Toyota and Nissan offer features that alot of people want to see from Honda/Acura but sadly never will.
Very true. The G37 is actually a Skyline, 370GT. Japan recognized a need to beat the Germans at their own game and did a great job. But Lexus did not sell Lexus in Japan until 2006. So Toyota was selling the Windom (ES), Altezza (IS), Aristo (GS), and Celsior (LS) up until then. Once the Lexus brand started, they stopped making those models. Nissan does not market their Infiniti brand here.

Honda sells some of the Acura products here, with the old name (Legend), and their own name (Accord for the TSX, and the USDM Accord is called Inspire). The pricing bears that out:

Legend: $55K
Inspire: $32K
Accord: $24K
Civic: $18K

Very price conscious, and all of those prices are entry models.

Originally Posted by Zenica

Honda/Acura ranked #2 in the world from every auto manufacturer for quality and reliability. Second only to Subaru.
I support this statement, and approve of it.

Last edited by mrmako; 10-03-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not really impressed by either ATM. Lexus has painfully boring looking cars (inside and out)--the new SUV line up the worst looking i've seen from any manufacturer. With that being said, I think Acura takes the cake with the MDX and RDX. I mean seriously, I saw the new LX on the road and gagged, what the FUCK were they thinking. The new RX looks like a complete turd as well Never been a fan of the current GS, the IS never did anything for me, and the SC is missing everything that made the last SC great.

The new TL is still growing on me...I think it looks decent in AWD trim with the 19" wheels, decklid spoiler, and the quad tips. Color match the grille and its good to go IMO...deff has a lot more road presence than the IS or ES. The TSX is a nice car as well, i'm starting to see a lot of them around and they look a lot better than the IS. The RL really needs some work, which is coming soon hopefully. Besides that, neither of them have anything that would bring me into the dealership I see Lexus has the japanese Buick and Acura as an alternative to VW.

Mark my words, Infiniti will overshadow both Lexus and Acura in a couple years. They seem to be the only ones on track...Slick designs, great performance, great bang-for-the-buck, and awesome reliability.

Last edited by FiveLiterCheater; 10-03-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 997 Likes on 535 Posts
Oh, one last thought: The hs250 is a rebadged Toyota Belta, with a new front/rear end and leather. There's no mystique to the brand. A lot of badge engineering, but pretty good quality.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 AM
mthaze20

Smile

You are you funny angry and might I add MISINFORMED MAN.

1-HS250 is based on a streched prius platform. The IS is based on camry architecture. And as far as the pretty little badges they place on the TSX, Toyato does or did the same in Japan. Ever heard of the Toyota Alteza?

2-And if you want to compare apples to apples, the TSX has always been compared with the likes of the A4 2.0t, VDub Jetta, and volvo s40. IS350 goes dead on with the 3 series (335 v. 350) or infiniti G. Duh!

At first you actually made me doubt myself. Now, I realize you just don't know shit. Good night bud.

Dude, pick up a magazine and read from time to time.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 AM
mthaze20

Originally Posted by iTimmy
^^^

Honda is late to the party with the keyless ignition, it's standard on Altima's yet is only an option on a TL, not available on a TSX?? Come on.

Also, USB is not even optional on Civic DX and LX, I only know this because my uncle picked up a LX and was looking forward to this feature only to find out he didn't have it.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I really liked Acura as a brand, but based on the direction they are going I am more impressed with where Lexus is heading. That's not to say things can't turn around in a hurry I think Acura does have some good aspects, and interesting concepts, but they often put it all together in an odd package. Then factor in the dealership experience and you really start to see the advantage Lexus has developed.

You made a statement about Lexus not offering any features Acura isn't, Sarlacc, maybe a bit aggressively, pointed out they do. Perhaps don't make blanket statements in the future that simply aren't true and you won't experience the Wrath of Sarlacc.

Hey timmy, thanks for staying neutral. And you are right, I wouldn't dare argue on your point about the lexus dealership experience. But I never mentioned that the TSX has a push Start. And when I mentioned the USB I specifically stated the FIT. The USB you can only get on the EX's.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:15 AM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts

1-HS250 is based on a streched prius platform. The IS is based on camry architecture. And as far as the pretty little badges they place on the TSX, Toyato does or did the same in Japan. Ever heard of the Toyota Alteza
No, the HS is based on the Avensis.

The IS is based on the Camry?

The IS is a RWD platform, the ES350 is probably what you're thinking of
Old 10-04-2009, 01:20 AM
The Third Ball

1-HS250 is based on a streched prius platform. The IS is based on camry architecture. And as far as the pretty little badges they place on the TSX, Toyato does or did the same in Japan. Ever heard of the Toyota Alteza?
The information regarding the corolla platform was taken from a magazine. This means either the magazine could be incorrect (very possible) or the prius chassis could be derived from the corolla chassis (also possible.)

But if its as mrmako states. The Toyota Belta is better known as the Yaris over here, and we are both wrong.

The HS is so new I can't find any real info on where the chassis came from, even researching the other toyota cars.

2-And if you want to compare apples to apples, the TSX has always been compared with the likes of the A4 2.0t, VDub Jetta, and volvo s40. IS350 goes dead on with the 3 series (335 v. 350) or infiniti G. Duh!

At first you actually made me doubt myself. Now, I realize you just don't know shit. Good night bud.

Dude, pick up a magazine and read from time to time.
You should doubt yourself. Are you too stupid to remember there is a IS250 and 250AWD? And that YES the magazine do hold comparisons with the IS vs the TSX vs the A4 vs the 328.

Its pretty and painfully obvious who in this thread doesnt know shit. You're just another mongoloid noob. You should leave while the gettings good.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:30 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by JJaber06

Mark my words, Infiniti will overshadow both Lexus and Acura in a couple years. They seem to be the only ones on track...Slick designs, great performance, great bang-for-the-buck, and awesome reliability.
I dont believe this statement. I have no problem with Infiniti but they do not have the renowned customer service Lexus has. That alone will keep lexus in the top rankings.

Doesn't matter what you think of their designs, or whether you think they boring or not. Everything you listed about design and bang for the buck is subjective information.

I watched an Infiniti dealer in Santa Monica close their doors and sell off all their remaining inventory at wholesale prices because they werent moving cars.

All the Lexus dealers in LA have been upgrading or moving into new building to accommodate their desire to have a high end looking sales floor and ritz carlton derived service.

The biggest difference between Lexus and all the others is Lexus HAS CONTROL OVER THEIR DEALER NETWORK.

That is HUGE. They dont allow mark ups. They expect the highest caliber customer service. And if you dont feel you received such service, just make a call to Lexus. You'll be getting a call the next day from that particular branch with an apology and solution to right the problem.

Sure, some Infiniti or Acura dealers may have the same or similar style service...but for every one, there are 10 they offer service worse than Honda or Nissan dealers. Just depends on who the owner/GM is running things.

Unless something changes, you cant hold a candle to Lexus in the luxury service department.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator

As I mentioned, my Acura dealer is quite close to Lexus in terms of amenities and service however MOST in my experience are just glorified Honda dealerships.

Lexus truly IS a step above and tries to be luxurious.

Nearly every car brand offers a decent vehicle these days, what divides them is price and personal taste.

Even the lowliest Kia is the right car for someone IMO.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by TommySalami
I agree with what you've said, except about the TSX. It's not a badge change, the engine and interior are completely different
True, and I honestly have no problem with the TSX (cept the new one is beak ugly.)

But there are a shit ton of people who have their heads up their ass about Lexus. Either because they read too many magazines with out ever really driving one. Or they hold some other kinda of bias.

With the exception of a couple models I wont bash people who find driving a Lexus (and have actually driven one) boring. Lexus is a cushy luxury brand, and thats what they are about. Only recently have they really started to make a strive to built some high performing machines.

Most people on here dont have an interest in that kinda of a car because we are car enthusiasts and crave more from our vehicles.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:37 AM
mthaze20

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

As I mentioned, my Acura dealer is quite close to Lexus in terms of amenities and service however MOST in my experience are just glorified Honda dealerships.

Nearly every car brand offers a decent vehicle these days, what divides them is price and personal taste.

I couldn't agree more with your statement about the Honda/Acura dealer similarities. They typicaly have the same procedures, and same employees. Heck, I personally worked in three Honda dealerships and two Acura stores.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:44 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

When I had an acura I had been to couple dealers who had WORSE service than some Honda dealers.

My parents have had 5 Lexus' since 1994-5 and many different dealer experiences in a couple different states.

My parents current dealer for the last 10 years...literally drives loaner cars to their house or my dad's office to pick up their cars for oil changes.

My mother slid a brand new loaner car on ice last winter into a rock...bent a rim. Lexus had them drive her out another new loaner, picked up the one with the bad rim and said dont worry about it.

They have always been very good fair with out of warranty service. And the one time my father felt slighted by a service manager...Lexus stepped in and had the guy apologize and offer an amicable solution to the problem.

There is a reason my parents have stuck with them so long. BMW never gave them this kinda of service and BMW corporate was never that helpful and is why my father will never buy another one.

My mother currently has a 2010 RX (after turning her lease on her RX400h)
and my father just replaced his 92 ES with a 07 IS250 AWD...he picked a preowned IS over a brand new loaded V6 EX-L accord he was offered from the dealer I used to work at for 2g under INVOICE.

I think that says something right there about how Lexus treats people.

Even when I finally found a really good Acura service dept...they were good...but they were never Lexus good. Which isnt good, its great.

Last edited by Sarlacc; 10-04-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:56 AM
mthaze20

When I had an acura I had been to couple dealers who had WORSE service than some Honda dealers.

My parents have had 5 Lexus' since 1994-5 and many different dealer experiences in a couple different states.

My parents current dealer for the last 10 years...literally drives loaner cars to their house or my dad's office to pick up their cars for oil changes.

My mother slid a brand new loaner car on ice last winter into a rock...bent a rim. Lexus had them drive her out another new loaner, picked up the one with the bad rim and said dont worry about it.

They have always been very good fair with out of warranty service. And the one time my father felt slighted by a service manager...Lexus stepped in and had the guy apologize and offer an amicable solution to the problem.

There is a reason my parents have stuck with them so long. BMW never gave them this kinda of service and BMW corporate was never that helpful and is why my father will never buy another one.

My mother currently has a 2010 RX (after turning her lease on her RX400h)
and my father just replaced his 92 ES with a 07 IS250 AWD...he picked a preowned IS over a brand new loaded V6 EX-L accord he was offered from the dealer I used to work at for 2g under INVOICE.

I think that says something right there about how Lexus treats people.

Even when I finally found a really good Acura service dept...they were good...but they were never Lexus good. Which isnt good, its great.

I had a bent rim issue with a Benz loaner in 06 when my CL was in the shop. I wish they would have stood up like that for me. It was 1400 out of my pocket.

Oh, and I guess now I understand why you made the big stink out of the AWD on the IS.

I'm glad I ran into you despite all the harsh words. Finally gives me someone to talk/argue cars with. needless to say, not going anywhere. Dipshit.

What did you do at the dealerships you worked for?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:58 AM
The Third Ball

I had a bent rim issue with a Benz loaner in 06 when my CL was in the shop. I wish they would have stood up like that for me. It was 1400 out of my pocket.

Oh, and I guess now I understand why you made the big stink out of the AWD on the IS.

I'm glad I ran into you despite all the harsh words. Finally gives me someone to talk/argue cars with. needless to say, not going anywhere. Dipshit.

What did you do at the dealerships you worked for?
I sold Hondas for a brief period of time as a means to an end.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:33 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Hey timmy, thanks for staying neutral. And you are right, I wouldn't dare argue on your point about the lexus dealership experience. But I never mentioned that the TSX has a push Start. And when I mentioned the USB I specifically stated the FIT. The USB you can only get on the EX's.
You really do have a twisted view toward things, it appears everything is subject to your interpretation, which means you're always right - it must make getting through a day pretty tough.

Let's look at the facts you said:
Better features were CLEARLY identified yet you try to poke holes to support your case when it simply isn't the truth. The second part of that post doesn't merit reply. When we do discuss those items you twist more facts to suit your story. By saying "even the fit has USB" that would make it sound as if it is inclusive through out the brand because that is the entry level Honda - again that is not the case.

Even in this more recent post you say USB is only available on Civic EX, again that is not the truth it also comes with the Si, if you'd stop speaking in absolutes and try to express your opinion as what it is, an opinion and not a fact you'd probably get along with people a lot better.

Let's look a simple fact:
  • AC seats are standard and I believe every Lexus
  • AC seats are not even optional on most all Acura's, certainly not available on a TL, TSX, MDX or RDX.

Just because you don't value that option doesn't mean that it's not there and is clear support that Lexus does have features Acura isn't even offering in cars in the same class. I'm not siding with either car company I think both have strengths and weaknesses, though it seems clear, most others agree with this train of thought that Lexus is playing up it's strengths and slowly addressing it's weaknesses, Acura is tucking it's strengths away and seems to have no idea what it's weaknesses are. The brand has lost it's identity and the loyal fan base who helped establish this brand is not going support it.

Geez, I've never exhausted so much energy defending a brand I personally don't care about!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The biggest difference between Lexus and all the others is Lexus HAS CONTROL OVER THEIR DEALER NETWORK.

That is HUGE. They dont allow mark ups. They expect the highest caliber customer service. And if you dont feel you received such service, just make a call to Lexus. You'll be getting a call the next day from that particular branch with an apology and solution to right the problem.
Do you have a link to more information about this? I didn't really know about this before. TIA.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm the Firestarter

... The IS is based on camry architecture.

... Now, I realize you just don't know shit. Good night bud.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by Belzebutt

I actually missed that gem, thanks for pointing that out
Old 10-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Again, Acura has no 6/7AT transmissions, no V8 option, and no RWD platfrorms. Lexus/Infiniti/BMW/Mercedes, i.e. real luxury marques, offer all of these (8AT in the case of Lexus/Mercedes). As far as interior features Lexus offers AC seats, keyless entry/start, AFS, headlamp washers, rain-sensing wipers, radar-based cruise control, 3-setting memory seats on all of their cars.

Arguing Acura's value over the others is one thing. You can even make a case for Acura performance (typically the best FWD handling platforms in the world). You can't howver, maintain that Acura offers the features of the other brands. It just doesn't.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Acura does have a 6 AT now

But yes you're otherwise correct.

The whole anti-V8 mentality would be acceptable IF Honda stuck to lightweight platforms using aluminum and other materials. Otherwise we're basically getting rather ordinary V6 sedans with a very nice AWD system that doesn't get a chance to shine IMO.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
With the exception of a couple models I wont bash people who find driving a Lexus (and have actually driven one) boring. Lexus is a cushy luxury brand, and thats what they are about. Only recently have they really started to make a strive to built some high performing machines.

Most people on here dont have an interest in that kinda of a car because we are car enthusiasts and crave more from our vehicles.
This generally holds true for most of us enthusiasts here. That's the reason I would choose a FWD TL-S ('08) instead of a GS, or a TSX 6M over an IS250.

The different emphasis in ride/feel v. performance is the reason a former coworker with a bad back got an ES to replace her Integra. Lexus service kept her-- she's now in an RX.

Car brand is less important than the car for me-- I'd get an IS350 over an '09 TL, but I prefer the A4, 335is or G37 over both. I don't emphasize luxury features like keyless start, adaptive cruise control or name of audio system, although cooled seats might be nice.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Mallom, did you ever think all of this would come from your original posting?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Race Director

Prestige recognition among japanese brands (imo):

1. Lexus (sells a $106,000 LS hybrid for crying out loud and 8 speed automatic)
2. Infiniti (lacks a flagship, but the car designs (aside from the weird front styling of the current FX) like the new 2011 M sedan is superb and the VVEL engine, 7 speed automatic, and V8)
3. Acura (Trails both Lexus and Infiniti now with odd designs, just released a 6 speed automatic, and probably will never have RWD and V8 sedans)

Quick Reply: Acura vs Lexus