$5,000 Reward For Any Information That Lead To This S2K

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
And this is EXACTLY where the story gets interesting to me. There is something more about this story than is being let on somewhere. Trust me. My first impression was...wow....I cant believe that. The more I thought about it...I started to question the amt of time it took to accomplish all this...the variety of damage...ect....and the fact that suddenly an insurance company wont restore the car to its prior condition? What? I had a mini pickup truck stolen from the mall....State Farm paid for any and all parts I could provide a receipt for? WTF? So something is suddenly telling me....something more behind this story than meets the eyes. Its only a theory though...I could be off BIG TIME. I like to try to figure stuff like that out though...lol.

Certainly NO OFFENSE meant to anybody. Just talking theory. This is a bad thing....and if true a hate crime no doubt. But is that the guise we are supposed to be inflamed by so much...that we ignore something else obvious.
interesting theory. It does make you wonder. I'd love to know the details to this story as well. Nothing like feeling bad for someone only to find out they did themselves, but like you said .....judgment reserved.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm a llama :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Myxomatosis
interesting theory. It does make you wonder. I'd love to know the details to this story as well. Nothing like feeling bad for someone only to find out they did themselves, but like you said .....judgment reserved.
That is an interesting thought.

Everyone has enemies I think. You never know who you pissed off inadvertantly. We don't even know if he obtained these parts legally. I had reciepts and got reimbursed for my aftermarket parts when my car was totaled. Something isn't right.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I also had that "theory" in mind. The owner of the S2K says he doesn't have enemies and doesn't race, but I'm pretty sure there were some characteristics of the S2K owner that a lot of people might not like.

Now how can you spend all that money in a car and not once try to race someone or intimidate someone on the road? He must have tried to flash his car in a way that says "Look at what I have, neat huh? And look at your trashy car." There are a lot of hate crimes, but I never hear stories of hate crime that goes into the same amount of detail as this one. What I mean is that every part of his car is sliced and diced INCLUDING his engine. Something must have drive the culprit to such an extreme act. How can an innocent S2K owner with 350 WHP and 10K worth of body work receive such a horrible crime? It just doesn't add up. I mean there are a lot of people on this forum that has flashy cars but you don't see fuel injection being broken off or seats being slashed.

This guy has to have done something to piss someone off to this extent. You just can't be innocent in this situation.

Who knows, the S2K owner might lie about not having enemies just so he can share his story with sympathy in return.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by kEyChAiN
Now the worst of all

Turbo destroyed
Oil feed cut
Vtec sil. beaten off
Fuel inj broken off
radiator punctured
inter cooler pluming missing
BOV missing
alot of other sh*t missing

and worst of all

after completing my engine with brian crower complete valve parts and stroker kit..

An extreamly corosive liquid was poured into my engine
and to top it all off insurance told me to **** off on getting rembersed on mods
That really sucks...poor s2k sounds like whoever did it knew what they were doing...I mean who just has "an extreamly corosive liquid" lying around the garage?!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
looks like insurance fraud to me.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme

This guy has to have done something to piss someone off to this extent. You just can't be innocent in this situation.
Pissing someone off doesn't make you guilty of anything...

I could pull up next to someone rev my engine and be guilty of what exactly?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
I also had that "theory" in mind. The owner of the S2K says he doesn't have enemies and doesn't race, but I'm pretty sure there were some characteristics of the S2K owner that a lot of people might not like.

Now how can you spend all that money in a car and not once try to race someone or intimidate someone on the road? He must have tried to flash his car in a way that says "Look at what I have, neat huh? And look at your trashy car." There are a lot of hate crimes, but I never hear stories of hate crime that goes into the same amount of detail as this one. What I mean is that every part of his car is sliced and diced INCLUDING his engine. Something must have drive the culprit to such an extreme act. How can an innocent S2K owner with 350 WHP and 10K worth of body work receive such a horrible crime? It just doesn't add up. I mean there are a lot of people on this forum that has flashy cars but you don't see fuel injection being broken off or seats being slashed.

Who knows, the S2K owner might lie about not having enemies just so he can share his story with sympathy in return.

Okay, detective. When you are done blaming the victim with your baseless wild theory, come on back and join us to sing kumbaya.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Not Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroday
Bad News..... Insurance totaled the car officially
Good News.... I bought it back for 2000 bucks and im gunna part it out (turbocharger anyone?? =P)
It seems like a lot of time was taken to mess the car up with a lot of little things. Who takes the time to vandalize a car getting under the dash, pouring corrosive liquid on the engine, steeling some parts like a BOV, but leave the turbo? It seems like most of the damage was to his aftermarket parts and he could put the car back together rather easily. Not sure of all the actual damage, but I'd buy the car for $2k the way it sits!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Thats fucked, Im a jew myself, I hate seeing this shit. Fuckin Nazi scum.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
its a sad thought that we have to be careful how we mod our car with our own money because someone might want to ruin it for their own personal reasons.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:15 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
its a sad thought that we have to be careful how we mod our car with our own money because someone might want to ruin it for their own personal reasons.
My guess....it does more like this...

its a sad thought that we have to be careful how we mod our car with our own money because the one might want to ruin it themselves for their own personal reasons.

My guess....he needed the money and wanted to assure it was totally. Like stated...this vandalism goes WAY above and beyond what people would do or take the time to even address in such a circumstance.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:27 AM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
I just thought of something...who ever did this could have known specifics about the car, but what are the odds that whoever did this knew where the gas lid latch was inside.....

I mean half of the S2K owners can't find it when they purchase the car.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,780 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I'm pretty sure insurance isn't going to cover him on mods, it sounds like they'll cover the other damage but it doesn't say exactly.

I wouldn't expect insurance to cover mods either unless you call them up and tell them you have this that and this then they quote you for a surchage on top of the normal rate for a stock (car)
I am speechless. What is this crap?

I pay 50.00 per 6 month policy period to cover my Kenwood/Garmin NAV/DVD Stereo and it's reinstallation which was over 600.00.

I can't believe anyone would do this, let alone have the time to do it.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroday
That was my initial thought.

His dad apparently holding a car show is also taking 50% of its proceedings(sp?) and giving it to him.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by i go to costco
what the fuck?

i would gladly pay $50 for 5 minutes alone with said piece(s) of shit who would do such a thing. Couldn't be a fucking man and actually do it face-to-face with the person? That's fucking ridiculous. I'm not even jewish but the fact that something like this happened pisses me off to no other

i'd be going to jail for sure if i caught a fuck head doing that to my car, god help me, or them rather.... Holeeeeeeeeeeeey shit.
+1