Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

WTT Ducati for TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTT Ducati for TL

Well this is my first post here in hopes of a trade for my rare EURO Spec Ducati 996SPS for a TL..

This is not your standard Ducati 996..

Please look up the 996SPS on the internet and see how rare and expensive they were.. They sold for over 25K as track only bikes with race fairings on.. To make them street legal you had to buy an upper fairing for headlights, headlights, blinkers, a new tail for the brake lights etc...etc..

My bike is Street Legal and I registered it as a Ducati 996SPS,
Here is some info:
EURO SPEC 2000 DUCATI 996SPS # 855. Here is the Frame VIN ZDMH100AAXB002841,. I am the second owner of this bike and purchased this bike when it had 1954 kilometers in Japan. The bike currently has 9154 kilometers. The gauges on this Ducati are all Euro gauges; it has the 300 KPH gauge and celsius temp gauge. It also comes with the FULL Ohlins suspension and the upgraded engine internals from the factory. When I had this bike in Japan it was always stored in my house, because I had no garage. When I moved to New Mexico, this bike has always been garaged stored.

My buddy and I painted this bike to model after the 999 FILA race bike, prior to Ducati releasing the 999R Fila replica bikes.. We filled in my right headlight cavity and installed a Phillips 6000K HID system. All carbon pieces were clear coated, and so far there are about 4 layers or more of clear over all the carbon pieces and about 3 layers or more of clear over all decals on the bodywork. Pictures do not do this bike any justice. This bike came out perfect; people think this came off a showroom floor. You can see by the pictures on how well I took care of my Ducati, the engine is always detailed.

I brought this bike from Japan in March 2005 and registered it in New Mexico in April 2005. The title on this bike is clean and there are NO liens on this Ducati. The model on the title reads 996SPS. This bike has never been raced on the track, and has never been crashed. All maintenance was done by Ducati Tokyo West in Japan. I had the belts changed in March 2004 and had the bike last serviced in November of 2004. As of right now, this bike runs perfect.

I just clear coated the whole body work again and installed my red tail in July 2005. The lower leading edges of the fairings do not have any rock chips and the oil cooler guard does not have any chips also.

Here is the list of modifications to my 996SPS:
-STM anodized red clutch basket
-STM friction discs
-Red anodized Ducati Performance pressure plate
-Stainless steel clutch springs with anodized blue spring collars
-Evoluziones gold anodized clutch slave cylinder
-Goldish anodized fully adjustable rearsets
-Carbon clutch cover (I dremmeled the half carbon cover and made my own vented cover, it came out nice)
-Fully polished 50mm Termignoni exhaust system with the carbon cans (has the new ROM installed)
-Kelvin Norton carbon rear turn signal holder
-Kelvin Norton 24K gold plated fairing
-Cox Racing group radiator guard that I had 24K gold plated
-Ducati 24K gold plated oil cooler guard
-Front wheel Brembo 24K gold plated inner rotor carriers
-Active racing gold anodized 3 piece floating rotor buttons
-Titanium coated step windscreen (cost me 300 dollars in Japan, it is nice)
-Carbon fiber gauge cover
-Carbon fiber tank protector with a Ducati Corse emblem that has been clear coated about 4 times
-Carbon fiber key guard with a Ducati Corse emblem that has been clear coated about 4 times
-Phillips 6000K HID system, this thing is bright
-Ducati Performance Carbon ram air ducts
-Ducati Performance Carbon headlight bucket
-Michelin Pilot Powers tires about 95% thread left front and rear
-DID 525VM gold chain installed before I left Japan
-Carbon fiber rear fender that has the Corse stripes painted on and a Ducati Corse emblem
-Carbon fiber swing arm cover
-Carbon sprocket cover
-STM gold anodized frame plugs
-Kellerman front and rear blinkers (cost about 160 dollars just for the blinkers)
-BMC filters mounted in the airbox
-Carbon oil cooler guard that had the Corse stripes painted on and a Ducati Corse emblem
-The carbon airbox has been clear coated about 5 times
-Carbon front fender that Corse stripes painted on and a Ducati Corse emblem, with the GNUTTI emblem and Michelin man emblem all under clear coats
-The rear wheel was painted a blue metallic color and the white rim strip was painted on
-The front rim was painted a red metallic color and the white rim strip was painted on
-Last of all the bodywork on this just looks incredible with all the decals laying under multiple layers of clear. You can see from the pictures that I took my time to make sure everything came out perfect.

NOW HERE IS THE LIST OF EXTRAS THAT COME WITH THE SALE:
-FG Moto rear stand
-Original Ducati stand that came with the bike
-Front fork stand
-Stock 50mm exhaust cans with the stock exhaust ROM (excellent shape)
-Brand new Yuasa Yumicron YB16AL-2 Battery installed about 2 months ago.
-Brand new Battery tender Jr.
-This also comes with the original 996SPS owner’s manual, the 2 original keys.

If you need additional pictures, please email me at donnshev73@hotmail.com If you would like to talk to me, please feel free to contact me on my cell phone at 505-491-2993. The motorcycle is located in Alamogordo, New Mexico on Holloman Air Force Base. Alamogordo is about 1.5 hours from El Paso, Texas, 3 hours from Albuquerque, New Mexico, and 4 hours from Tucson, Arizona.

I am open to offers, you will see on ebay and other Ducati forums that stock 996SPS cost about 15K to 18K and do not come with all the parts that came with the bike off the floor (extra exhausts, stands, ROM, cover). I have put thousands into getting the bike the way it is and a new owner will not be dissappointed..

This is what it looked like the day I got it in Japan

and now here are the most recent pics, which all my pics are in my picturetrail album and here is the link...

Picturetrail LINK for Additional PICS (CLICK HERE)

Last edited by donnshev; 01-01-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:41 AM

More PICS

Here is a PIC of the Phillips HID at night..

Last edited by donnshev; 01-01-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:52 AM

NOw here is a PIC of the P8 computer also known as the Big Brain for the Ducati 996SPS

PLEASE make sure you look at the Picture trail album and look through my different albums and you can see how much I put into this besides my other projects.. You will also see all the parts in between all the clear coating phases...

Here is the link again

MORE DUCATI PHOTOS

My contact info is in the first post. THanks

Don

Last edited by donnshev; 01-01-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:13 PM
5th Gear

what kind of tl are you looking for? I have a 99 TL and and a 03 black 6 speed type S CL for sale.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
your bike>my 600rr

if i ever own and drop this bike, i'd cry for hours.

gluck on the sale.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 PM

goldcl

you got any info on your tl or cl? I am just looking for something with a clean title and not so high of a mileage.. no more than say 80K..

It will break my heart to sell it, but it is just an incentive to get me another bike and start another project on...

I was gonna start a project on my 05 R6( acutally did some mods.. LED in headlights.. etc..) but my neighbor wanted to buy it.. The price was right, so I sold it.. You can see those pics in my album

Thanks
Don
Old 01-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Just commenting

That's one sick bike you put together
Old 01-03-2006, 12:42 AM
TL Q(

wow! so nicely constructed...
Old 01-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You have my dream bike... wish I had the TL you are looking for. good luck on the trade