Warning do not buy from squid_monkey

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): RDX
Location (State/Prov/Terr): AL
Item Condition: Used

I purchased Jasons (squid_monkey) 19" RonJons with the following listing:

"I had both brand new tires and rims on the car for only a week of driving. I am selling them cause i have extra bills i need to pay right away. 2 rims are in perfect condition, and 2 rims have 1 small mark on each. The rims cost $1,350 + tax(8.5%) and shipping ($100). The rims ended up costing me $1,565. The tires are Nankang NS-2 high performance all-season (with rim protection). They cost $178 each, $712 total. Also if interested, I also have a brand new spoiler. Its Anthracite Metallic, and fits 2004-2008 Acura TL. You can buy, and see it from my other post at (Exterior - Body Parts) category. Call or text Matt any time @ 518-847-5556"

OP - https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/ron-jon-19-liquid-graphite-legends-w-like-new-tires-868724/

I spoke with him and his brother several times before committing to purchase and when they showed up this is what they looked like:
*there is a million little scratches on every high spot of the rim because his brother packaged them up with blue painting tape. The tape broke at every seem allowing the wheel to just float around the box during the trip. Now they are rubbed raw.

DEFFINITLY NOT HOW DESCRIBED! There is NO way that I would have made this purchase and spent the time and money that I have on this. The brother is claiming that the pictures in the original listing show the damage and that for the $1000 dollar "great deal" that I got I should be happy. He also said that this is how internet sales go and that its my problem not theirs. We had a pretty heated conversation because it revolved around him saying that I should be happy with what I got and refused to see that what was sold was clearly not what was explained or pictured. I spoke with Jason Cusino - squid_monkey (the wheel owners) and asked for my money back including shipping both ways, he seemed reasonable at first but now is avoiding my phone calls and text messages. He admitted that his brother knew that there was damage when the tires were being pulled off but sent them anyway!

Here are the original wheel pictures:

Here is what they are saying happened - Jason is saying that his brother had the tires taken off the wheels for him and that the last time he saw the rims they were in good shape (as in the two small blems that they were going to try to cover up with touch up paint). Jason said that there was nothing wrong with the rim lip and that if there was it was because that part of the rim was to "protect" the rest of the rim from damage. lol. Jason then said his brother shipped them to me but left out the fact that there was severe damage done to the wheel when the tires were being pulled off and his brother tried to then cover all those spots up with touch up paint and what looks to be permanent marker and then just packaged them up and sent them to me. I asked specifically if there had been any new damage or anything while pulling the tires and I was told no, I then sent the money.

I am sorry to air our dirty laundry but I do not want anyone else to purchase anything from Jason Cusano (squid_monkey) and have the same experience as I did. This was a gift to from my wife because of how hard I have been working since the birth of our daughter and it has done nothing but rift us. It is honestly crazy to me how people can do things like this and just walk away.

I will be taking this up with Paypal at 12pm MT. Jason if you read this this is your last opportunity to square this away with me and do the right thing.

Last edited by EZZZZY1; 10-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Wow.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
sorry brother. that really sucks. nothing worse than being taken for a ride and buying misrepresented items. especially at that price tag.

i hope paypal sees this case in your favor and you come out on top. stay calm and prevail...i have a feeling you'll be alright.

you didn't pay with a gift did you?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With no disrespect 1000 dollars for rims and tires that initially cost 2,277 that's still a good deal. If you wanted flawless rims should have bought them brand new from RonJons site. As always you get what you pay for.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Traded in my

^Do you see tires there? OP just bought the rims and it was a fucked up transaction. I hope you get your money back OP! Good luck. Can't believe people deal so shady...
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^ just wheels no tires.

edit- @ alex

edit- edit- ibRonA
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Traded in my

On another note..who is stupid enough to not even wrap the face of a wheel when shipping. That's just asking for damage. Horrible packaging on their part so if you talk to the company who shipped it and let them inspect the packaging materials you will have more evidence when you take it to PayPal.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd be buying a Airplane ticket.... FUCK THAT... i'm OMW...
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Originally Posted by alex|WILLIAM
With no disrespect 1000 dollars for rims and tires that initially cost 2,277 that's still a good deal. If you wanted flawless rims should have bought them brand new from RonJons site. As always you get what you pay for.
These were discontinued and even though we love Ron Jon wheels the demand was always low for these. Hence why they went for $500-600 new when they discontinued via eBay. These sell for $500-1100 here on AZ and $1100 being the best of condition.

Sucks OP. I had a similar situation and I was the seller. But I described each wheels as good as I can (videos and about 100 pictures). And even though I was correct in the description, I refunded a little back just so the buyer would be happy. Hope you get this resolved.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No disrespect taken but cant you see that they were described as "2 perfect and 2 with one blem"?

Thats not fair to say that we agreed to $1000 in that condition and they show up the way they did and its still a good deal. WTF. You would be happy with a deal like that?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
You're totally missing the point. If someone is posting something for sale and the seller states that the wheels are in good condition then thats what the buyer is paying for. He obviously would have not purchased them in this condition.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
you didn't pay with a gift did you?
Funny you ask. My wife did this for me (as a gift), this is the second time she has used paypal. First time was to pay my dad for some stuff. She did what she did last time and this time it was sent as a gift. FML

There are no words to explain how furious I am right now. Especially after having his brother text me and tell me that I should have seen the damage in the pictures. There is none. How do people treat other people like this?

I have good lawyers but man it would just be nice to not have to go that path.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM
eg5
user title goes here

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
damn! hope all this works out for you.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
10th Gear

Unhappy

Originally Posted by EZZZZY1
No disrespect taken but cant you see that they were described as "2 perfect and 2 with one blem"?

Thats not fair to say that we agreed to $1000 in that condition and they show up the way they did and its still a good deal. WTF. You would be happy with a deal like that?
Definitely not, wasn't aware that these were discontinued. As for his pictures they look mint out of the box. Seems like most of the pics you took were curb kisses. Im willing to bet he posted pics he took when he just got the rims. Not really sure how they can get chunks taken out of the top parts just from being thrown in a box, its metal. My is this is previous damage. As for the PayPal being sent as a gift there is really no room for a dispute there, making it really hard to get your money back via paypal.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM
BANNED

Funny you ask. My wife did this for me (as a gift), this is the second time she has used paypal. First time was to pay my dad for some stuff. She did what she did last time and this time it was sent as a gift. FML

There are no words to explain how furious I am right now. Especially after having his brother text me and tell me that I should have seen the damage in the pictures. There is none. How do people treat other people like this?

if you sent as a gift then you might be up shits creek. sorry man. if you pay for merchandise as a 'gift' than you have no recourse when something like this happens.

lesson learned i suppose.

how do people treat other people like this? it's the way the world is now'adays. seller knew the wheels were not as described, already had your $1000 payment in his hands, sent the wheels across the country to you knowing that he'd never have to deal with you personally.

people are grimey man. more often than not.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
I'm looking forward to squid_monky's reply here in this thread and what he does to make this right with EZZZZY1. I deleted all of his threads pending a resolution to this situation.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Like Aaron said it looks like it gonna be hard to get your money back if you sent the payment as a gift. Maybe the seller might be compelled to give you some kind of refund after reading this thread.
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts

You actually may still have a chance.

PP has been getting a lot of "gift" purchases as of late so they still charge the 3.xx% fee towards the seller usually so I would assume if they're charging the fee that they're still protecting you. Doesn't hurt to try.
BANNED

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 25 (16 members and 9 guests) SharksBreath, acura_dipset_tl+, alex|WILLIAM, BaoZZeR, Decayin, EZZZZY1, krazykrnboi, macKdaddytran, old coastie, ROWDY621, Skunkworks, sockr1, squid_monky, TheChamp531, VillaWX3
Old 10-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
Like Aaron said it looks like it gonna be hard to get your money back if you sent the payment as a gift. Maybe the seller might be compelled to give you some kind of refund after reading this thread.
Originally I told him that he could give me $200 back but that was when I looked at them late at night and didnt see half of the marks. After I saw them I told him that I would prefer to just get my money back and have him pay both shipping. I didnt feel like I was shot straight and because of that I felt he should pay both shipping. I wasnt trying to be unfair or benefit from any of this I just wanted the right thing to be done. When I asked him if I had the correct shipping information for the return he said he would get back to me and never did. Was up most of last night thinking about this and fighting with my wife... Sucks. Something she worked so hard to save for and this is how it goes down, without even a reply from him.

Thanks everyone for the posts. I talked to my attorney and he called the city he lives in. There is an internet investigation unit and they said this stuff happens all the time. All I need to prove is that I was deceived, misled or lied to and its done. I would imagine between the posts, pictures and texts that its not going to be hard to prove that what he sent was not what was pictured and described.

Sucks about the paypal but this should probably be handled by the law as I feel that some were broke.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, this is messed up, I can imagine the feeling you have in your gut right now or at least when you opened the boxes.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ejreams
Wow, this is messed up, I can imagine the feeling you have in your gut right now or at least when you opened the boxes.
Oh, its messed me up for sure. As stupid as it sounds its nice to just talk about it.

Here is a text I just got from him:

"You bought "used" rims. The damage is mainly on the lip. Thats why the lip is there. Ask ronjon. Just get the lip machined and it`ll look good. As for your thrats. They are childish. It`ll cost you more money to pay for a lawer and see your wrong. Then to just put the rims on your car."

So nice of him dont you think?
Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
BANNED

^he's been in and out of this thread for the last hour or so.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
for the $1000 dollar "great deal" that I got I should be happy. He also said that this is how internet sales go and that its my problem not theirs. We had a pretty heated conversation because it revolved around him saying that I should be happy with what I got and refused to see that what was sold was clearly not what was explained or pictured.
That right there clearly states that the brother knew you were getting fucked over in the first place and that they didnt care cause they still went through with it. His mentality pretty much sums up to this. Once the wheels leave his hands its not his problem anymore as long as he gets the money. Im really hoping you went through paypal with this transaction, file a claim ASAP!

Also, really.. who is that stupid to ship wheels with blue painters tape?! Bubble wrap is so cheap at walmart, it would've protected the faces from damage.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
if you use a CC to pay out paypal payments then you might have a chance. id file a dispute with my credit card company.
i had something similar happen before and just filed a dispute with my CC company.
they just credited me the charges back and that was that. not sure what happened on the other end.

it wasnt for a lot of money so things may be a bit different in your case..

shit like this is what scares me from buying thru classifieds without being able to see the items in person.
people just suck sometimes.

good luck man.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 PM
6mt swapped..smart

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
what a piece of shit
Old 10-12-2012, 02:38 PM
RDXing

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
That is not the point. It doesn't matter if he paid $2 for the rims. The seller either misrepresented the product by not disclosing damages, or refused to make amends for damages that he didn't know about. In both cases, he should not be trusted and saying the buyer got a good deal is irrelevant and irresponsible.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by DEPTLS
I'd be buying a Airplane ticket.... FUCK THAT... i'm OMW...
Next national acurazine meet at jasons.
Everyone bring your bad rims,were going to have a special event early on .
Old 10-12-2012, 03:05 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
damn that sucks for you. hope things work out for you. more importantly i hope things get better between you and your wife. don't let this guy get between you two! good luck!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Intermediate

He probably won't reply. He just got done telling me that I am a baby because I bought used stuff and now I'm not happy. Whatever.

I looked his dad up and called him (because apparently his 33 year old son needs his hand held) to see if he could talk some sense into him. Jason just told me that he contacted the police because that's "harassment". So now I am "threatening" him because he won't make this right and "hurassing" his old dad because I called, and had a civil and respectful conversation with him about seeing if he would help before this gets worse.

Called the cops on me? Really? I get ripped off any he calls the cops on me? What is wrong with this world?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Intermediate

Mods, I haven't checked yet but can we make sure the original for sale thread he started is locked and remains that way?

I would appreciate it. Will probably need it somewhere down the line.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
B A N N E D

This guy is crazy. When i first put the wheels up for sale, they were as described in my first post. You can not edit, or delete your post after 15 min on acurazine. The rims got some more marks on them after the first day i posted the thread. I told him about the extra marks. They were on the metal lip (rim protector), and on the inside of the bolt holes from when they put the tires on. the rims have no cracks or dents, and the wheels are perfectly straight. There aren't any marks on the spokes were it really matters. At one point I offered him $200 back just to be nice. He said yes, then changed his mind. Also he did not buy the rims for $1000 like he stated. I first had the rims for $1100 as you can see in my thread. Then I marked them down to $995. They were a pair of wheels and tires at first. I did not want to separate them, but he wanted me to. So I did, and it cost me $60. he Gave me $960 for the rims. So i actually only made**$900** on the rims, which is a good deal for him. For all I know he just found other rims he wants, or he decided he didn't want to buy rims anymore. He has been harassing me. He even looked up my fathers name on the internet and called him. He is 33 years old and should know better then to call some ones family member over a internet sale. He has obvious mental issues, and is not willing to work this out.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by squid_monky
This guy is crazy. When i first put the wheels up for sale, they were as described in my first post. You can not edit, or delete your post after 15 min on acurazine. The rims got some more marks on them after the first day i posted the thread. I told him about the extra marks. They were on the metal lip (rim protector), and on the inside of the bolt holes from when they put the tires on. the rims have no cracks or dents, and the wheels are perfectly straight. There aren't any marks on the spokes were it really matters. At one point I offered him $200 back just to be nice. He said yes, then changed his mind. Also he did not buy the rims for $1000 like he stated. I first had the rims for $1100 as you can see in my thread. Then I marked them down to $995. They were a pair of wheels and tires at first. I did not want to separate them, but he wanted me to. So I did, and it cost me $60. he Gave me $960 for the rims. So i actually only made**$900** on the rims, which is a good deal for him. For all I know he just found other rims he wants, or he decided he didn't want to buy rims anymore. He has been harassing me. He even looked up my fathers name on the internet and called him. He is 33 years old and should know better then to call some ones family member over a internet sale. He has obvious mental issues, and is not willing to work this out.
So you just admitted that the wheels did have defects but you failed to mention them. If theres marks theres marks, where it matters doesnt MATTER there's still marks. Thats the point here, you failed to mention details thus making it an improper sale and misleading.

Im off to work now lol, ill grab some popcorn on the way home and continue reading this thread.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
B A N N E D

I love how people on threads have nothing better to do but try to make problems in something they have nothing to do with. But if you cant figure it out yourself ill make it easier for you to understand. THE RIMS ARE IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE. Def for the price. Only marks are on the lip and bolt holes. They will look good on his car. He just changed his mind about buying rims.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Mods, I haven't checked yet but can we make sure the original for sale thread he started is locked and remains that way?

I would appreciate it. Will probably need it somewhere down the line.

Thanks
It's locked and I have saved the pictures.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
B A N N E D

This is for you tOny3 (learn to read before you post something).....This guy is crazy. When i first put the wheels up for sale, they were as described in my first post. You can not edit, or delete your post after 15 min on acurazine. The rims got some more marks on them after the first day i posted the thread. I told him about the extra marks. They were on the metal lip (rim protector), and on the inside of the bolt holes from when they put the tires on. the rims have no cracks or dents, and the wheels are perfectly straight. There aren't any marks on the spokes were it really matters. At one point I offered him $200 back just to be nice. He said yes, then changed his mind. Also he did not buy the rims for $1000 like he stated. I first had the rims for $1100 as you can see in my thread. Then I marked them down to $995. They were a pair of wheels and tires at first. I did not want to separate them, but he wanted me to. So I did, and it cost me $60. he Gave me $960 for the rims. So i actually only made**$900** on the rims, which is a good deal for him. For all I know he just found other rims he wants, or he decided he didn't want to buy rims anymore. He has been harassing me. He even looked up my fathers name on the internet and called him. He is 33 years old and should know better then to call some ones family member over a internet sale. He has obvious mental issues, and is not willing to work this out.

Last edited by squid_monky; 10-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by tOny3
So you just admitted that the wheels did have defects but you failed to mention them. If theres marks theres marks, where it matters doesnt MATTER there's still marks. Thats the point here, you failed to mention details thus making it an improper sale and misleading.

Im off to work now lol, ill grab some popcorn on the way home and continue reading this thread.
Jason,

Do the right thing and refund EZZZZY1 his money and take it as a lesson learned then move on. It's never too late to do the right thing.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:54 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
Jason,

Do the right thing and refund EZZZZY1 his money and take it as a lesson learned then move on. It's never too late to do the right thing.
He wants me to pay for shipping both ways. I will be losing money after a legit sale. That is not right. I spent time through this whole thing. These rims are rear to find color and brand used. trust me i have talked to him. He is not willing to work it out. I am the one getting f@@@ed in this.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
the pictures from your selling thread don't match the pictures ezzy just posted from the box. all those scuff marks weren't on the original pics. so how did they appear?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Level: Noob

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Lol, squid_monky is phucked. All the evidence stacks against you. If I were you, I'd pay up before this becomes a legal issue.

Quick Reply: Warning do not buy from squid_monkey