Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

SOLD: Mugen Header & Catalytic Converter for sale (1st Gen TSX)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010 | 12:19 AM
Racer

Mugen Header & Catalytic Converter for sale (1st Gen TSX)

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price: $1050
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): TSX 1G
Location (State/Prov/Terr): NY
Item Condition: Used

Up for sale is my Mugen Header/Cat combo from my 06 TSX. The parts are in great shape. Please do keep in mind they are used but they basically were installed on the car, enjoyed for less than 2 years and taken off.

They will fit 04-08 TSX's (as per KingMotorSports website). As far as price goes I am looking for $1050 USD for both pieces. The same set up currently would cost just a bit more than $2400 USD new (as per KMS website). I am located on Long Island, NY. I may absorb the total cost to ship to someone or may ask them to go 50/50 depending on the cost to ship. Local pick up is available as is local delivery.

All in all they are used high quality parts from a very sought after JDM name (Mugen) and, I believe, are priced accordingly; my local performance shop agrees. The guys that installed the parts drooled over the quality, welds on pieces, etc. before installing them.

I noticed a reduction in power after taking them off of the car but I do not have exact dyno figures to quote for the reduction (or addition) of HP and TRQ.

Let me add this to my OP. This is a direct quote from an email sent to a forum member relating to the parts:

"I will make this disclosure to you because I am honest and want no issues in the future: with these parts installed on my 06 5AT I was not able to keep the Check Emission Light clear for long periods of time. I was able to clear it, get the car inspected but the light came on the next day. I drove the car with the light on for over 18 months but just got sick of looking at it,that is why I took them off. I am not saying you will have the same type of issue but the parts are sold as is. As long as I disclosed this fact the choice is up to you whether or not to keep talking or move on. I have been told by a few shops "some cars are just like that" meaning they do not take to the O2 sim/bung/extension treatments I tried."

As you can see I want to be honest relating to the above mentioned pieces. Some have experienced similar issues when it came to changing Cats; others haven't. I do not need my rep tarnished because I did not choose to fully disclose.

Old 11-02-2010 | 08:47 AM
Racer

I think someone asked a question about leaks or scrapes on the items, but it was not posted for some reason.

There are not leaks or scrapes. The items are used but in great condition. I was told the discoloration was due to heat; hence they are brown in color.
Old 11-16-2010 | 12:34 PM
Racer

PRICE DROP $950 USD plus shipping
Old 11-21-2010 | 02:49 AM
10th Gear

What exactly would this do for my 06 TSX?
Old 11-22-2010 | 08:16 AM
Racer

Increased HP/TQ numbers for the car. Change the sound of the car slightly under acceleration. More power...
Old 12-29-2010 | 05:20 PM
Racer

As mentioned on the other forum, CEL was most likely present due to a performance shop not installing a gasket which lead to exhaust leak. I checked everything but this so my loss is your gain. I don't own the car anymore and am willing to entertain reasonable offers.
Old 01-10-2011 | 09:49 AM
Racer

Sold!!!