Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

iRotors Groupbuy...is anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 09:58 AM
TL-S driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think sc354 did a good job with this group buy and deserves the free set he earned. It's not like he just placed the order and that was it, he 's been on top of everything from the time it get zinced plated and yesterday I got a UPS shipping confirmation from him. Why is everyone crying about this? It's not like he's overcharging you or anything. Either jump in on the buy or get out, it's pretty simple, no point in bitching about it and not get in on the buy. If you don't think this is a good buy, don't do it.
I always thought everyone on this forum were friends, but sometimes I wonder.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:14 AM
A$IAN_CHICKEN

Leave the man alone, he worked at getting you guys that deal and you were all gung-ho about it, you had no complaints prior to this. Without the gift from iRotors, I don't think he would've pushed this hard, so there was his incentive in doing all this. He was working for that, so just give it to him.... He offered you your 30 bucks back, whats to discuss further? Take your rotors and give tha man a break.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Why is everyone so upset over this?

sc354 organized the group buy, and got all of you guys a discount which would not have been possible without his effort. Whatever he is getting from iRotors is between him and iRotors. It's not like he tacked on the price of his own set to the prices of your rotors sets.

Besides, he offered to send you a refund for the price of the rotors split 8 ways.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! and why are the only people complaining about this the ones who arent on the group buy???
Old 04-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Racer

I agree with the above 3 posters, I did not know there was any incentive in it for SC... but had a feeling he would get something for his efforts..... and good that he did. He did put in the effort.

I do agree with hellas as well.. you should have told us from the start.. It wouldn't have changed my decision, but it wouldn't have started this.

Anyways... I'm just waiting for my rotors now, and hopefully we will all be happy.

TLSRULZ
Old 04-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TLS RULZ
I agree with the above 3 posters, I did not know there was any incentive in it for SC... but had a feeling he would get something for his efforts..... and good that he did. He did put in the effort.

I do agree with hellas as well.. you should have told us from the start.. It wouldn't have changed my decision, but it wouldn't have started this.

Anyways... I'm just waiting for my rotors now, and hopefully we will all be happy.

TLSRULZ
I apologize for not telling you sooner. I should have told you guys as soon as I found out, but again I assumed (which I shouldn't have) that it wouldn't change anything, which it didn't. Anyhow like I said if anyone wants their portion back, I would be glad to refund you the 37.50 USD.

BTW this groupbuy is still open, and I am accepting orders at anytime. Feel free to PM me..

Take care guyz..
Old 04-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Banned

I just have a simple question why didnt you just let people call IROTORS directly and let people place their orders in directly opposed to doing it through you. Wouldnt it make your life easier?
Old 04-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Because the only way you get a discount is if you purchase them in quantity. This means that I would need to pay on ONE credit card. So basically I had everyone pay me directly, and then I put it through on my credit card. The total came to something like 2200 USD.

If I had asked everyone to call in themselves, that would have worked also, but everyone would have paid an additional 50 USD.

So in theory, by doing it this way I saved everyone money. Trust me man, I would have done it the other way if they would have still given a discount, but they won't. It's company policy...
Old 04-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

how many more people are needed to get this going?
Old 04-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by asloudasitgets
how many more people are needed to get this going?
Well I mean it's already going. 8 Orders have already been shipped out, and I have sent all the buyers their tracking number. I'm taking as many more orders as people want. The price remains the same as of now, and I can have orders shipped next business day once I receive payment.

Take care guyz.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

so how do people pay you?

and i am in cali, so i could get my rotors the next day from when i ordered it?
Old 04-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

i had a few questions.

1. can you guarentee that these rotors with the pads you sell and brakes lines wont make any more noise than the stockers?
cause i bought brakes b4 for older car aem to be exact and everytime i braked a noise like whezzzzzzzzzzz will keep sounding as long as i had my foot on the brake. damn it was annoying. i dont know what exaclty makes the brakes make that noise. i am thinking the brake lines or it was the pads, but whatever. do these make any more noise? also it would be nice if you can post a vid. to see how they sound like.

2.how much it be for all 4 rotors, pads, and ss lines, shipped to me in cali. out the door price?

3.if these brakes happened to crack or break what am i to do>?

4.and how long of a warentee is there for these brakes?

5. and who am i supposed to deal with if something happenes?

6. finally who has bought them from you so far, so i could ask some questions about the brakes too.

thanks
Old 04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Banned

I mean from, the info that I got, IROTORS could take the orders for you directly, and then hold them till they got 8 or 10 orders together and then charge people. This is what Kim told me... Im just sayign this, cuz it would'be been hella easier for you. I arranged a group buy, and I know it can get very time consuming, thas all. You might wanna call up and find out, to make your life easier.

I was giong to order through you, but then I held off cuz of other expenses. Thas how I know this info.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:56 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Is that the only option

Originally Posted by sc354
Well I mean it's already going. 8 Orders have already been shipped out, and I have sent all the buyers their tracking number. I'm taking as many more orders as people want. The price remains the same as of now, and I can have orders shipped next business day once I receive payment.

Take care guyz.
Hey sc354....

I know I was in and out of this rotors deal before... There is a slight possibility I *could* be back in on the groupbuy (don't count me in for now)... I was wondering: does iRotors manufacture a slotted-only rotor? Just wondering cuz I think I might prefer that over the drilled+slotted rotor that is being shipped in the groupbuy....

Also, I'm not totally clear - what was the warranty from iRotors? If there are any probs with this rotor, are we stuck shipping it back to them? --- and how long are they covered in case of probs?

Thanks for all of your hard work.. much appreciated... Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions...
Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! and why are the only people complaining about this the ones who arent on the group buy???

I think we should all be gentlemen and ladies and let this issue die a natural death. I myself do not see the necessity of reading name calling and sarcasm about other members. We are not on a Z24 or Sunfire users group to be using such content in our posts. Remember that the rest of the internet world reads whatever we leave here.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Hey sc354....

I know I was in and out of this rotors deal before... There is a slight possibility I *could* be back in on the groupbuy (don't count me in for now)... I was wondering: does iRotors manufacture a slotted-only rotor? Just wondering cuz I think I might prefer that over the drilled+slotted rotor that is being shipped in the groupbuy....

Also, I'm not totally clear - what was the warranty from iRotors? If there are any probs with this rotor, are we stuck shipping it back to them? --- and how long are they covered in case of probs?

Thanks for all of your hard work.. much appreciated... Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions...
No problem guys. Hey guys keep in mind all this time I spent posting info and stuff...the work I put forth also includes answering questions related to the irotors. Anyhow, the warranty is a 1 year against cracking, and a 30 day warranty against warping. Generally if you rotors are prone to warp, it will happen within 30 days. I will speak to Anne on monday about getting a better warranty provided for the "TL Groupbuy". I will get back to you guys...

take care everyone, and thanks for pulling the thread back on topic...
Old 05-01-2004, 07:53 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
K... If I ended up being able to join this groupbuy, I wouldn't be throwing on the rotors right away though.. so will my warranty begin from the date of purchase, or from when I actually have them installed (provided I keep a receipt of installment so I can prove when they actually went on the car)... ? I am going to run down the OEM rotors until I actually *need* to replace them.. I just thought this groupbuy might end up saving me some money for when I really do need to purchase new ones.. so was just going to hang onto them for now...

Also, can you please find out if they make slotted-only rotors? (Not slotted+drilled)... Would be interested what their discount/groupbuy price is on those - I would prefer those if they make 'em - and if I end up buying them...

Thanks again!
Old 05-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Banned

i am IN the group buy. i am from NY
Old 05-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
K... If I ended up being able to join this groupbuy, I wouldn't be throwing on the rotors right away though.. so will my warranty begin from the date of purchase, or from when I actually have them installed (provided I keep a receipt of installment so I can prove when they actually went on the car)... ? I am going to run down the OEM rotors until I actually *need* to replace them.. I just thought this groupbuy might end up saving me some money for when I really do need to purchase new ones.. so was just going to hang onto them for now...

Thanks again!
I was thinking the same thing... since I have about 30% of my stock pads still left... but then I thought.. Why not put the new ones on right away and then use em... Probably by the time these wear out (2 years hopefully), I'll want to trade the car in so I can just throw the stock pads/rotors back and trade it in...

This is my idea...
Old 05-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Correction

Old 05-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Correction

Hey guys,

I made a mistake on my part. Everything has gone through, however I stated the warranty, and I was incorrect in that aspect.

The warranty that irotors will provide to you is 30 days from the day you RECEIVE the rotors. This covers you against cracking, warping, etc...

However I was mistaken with the 1 year warranty. They do not offer a 1 year warranty against cracking, but the woman at irotors did state to me that she has never seen a pair of rotors come back cracked. I realize that this is a bit different, but I can only tell you what irotors has stated to me.

Sorry for the mix up guys...I misinterpreted their warranty.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I just remember back in a few posts you stated that you were "PAYING" the same amount of money the rest of us would be. I had gotten the info from iRotors that the organizer would be getting a free set.... I just didnt thought they didnt tell you about it.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bxscig
I just remember back in a few posts you stated that you were "PAYING" the same amount of money the rest of us would be. I had gotten the info from iRotors that the organizer would be getting a free set.... I just didnt thought they didnt tell you about it.
Like I said, I apologize for that...
Old 05-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Cruiser

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
is this group buy still going on? if I read correctly the rotors are $250 a pair?
Old 05-08-2004, 12:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by antlive
is this group buy still going on? if I read correctly the rotors are $250 a pair?
the price is 259 for ppl in the USD, 279 for those in Cali, and 295 for those in Canada. All prices include shipping.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Cruiser

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by sc354
the price is 259 for ppl in the USD, 279 for those in Cali, and 295 for those in Canada. All prices include shipping.

Ok went back and read the first post, this price is for all four rotors correct? If so, I would like to join the order.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:30 AM
TL-S driver

I got mine last week and had them installed on Friday. I LOVE THEM!!!!! I'm taking it easy for a while but I can already feel the difference between stock and these. If your looking to get brakes anytime in the future...jump in now!
Old 05-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Having Fun?

Yup I just sent the money for them, after my OEM rotors warped for the 2nd time @ 29k I can't wait

So what's the proper break in for new rotors and pads?
Old 05-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Racer

you can include me on this deal if you wish...my rotors have just begun to warp!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:29 PM
10th Gear

I'm in need of some new rotors and I was about to buy the Rotoras. Any big difference between the two? What type of pads should I go with if I get the irotors and where would be the best place to get them from?