Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

iRotors Groupbuy...is anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goldendragon576
so when should we expect to see the everything? 2 weeks?
As soon as I receive payment from everyone, then I can start to ship the rotors through irotors.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok guys...I will have another update in 15 min, but here is what's going on with irotors.

You guys CANNOT, and I repeat, CANNOT call irotors to order through them. The only reason that we are going to be eligable for the 15% reduction in price is because I am buying these rotors on behalf of my company. irotors will not give a price reduction on groupbuys, they only give a discount if an individual buys more than 5 pairs of rotors. So right now the way it has to work is, you guys have to send me the money, and then i will buy all 7-10 pairs on my credit card and have them shipped to different shipping addresses.

I did in fact over charge goldendragon576 only because irotors was ridiculous in terms of instructions and pricing. They have like 3 different prices for 3 different locations. So anyways, i got the bottom of it, and I should have only charged people in the US 259 with shipping. Therefore I will be sending part of the money back to the people whom I overcharged. I will get to the bottom of this within the hour with Kim, and then I will calculate how much I do in fact need to send back to the people who paid me already.

As for the people who haven't paid, hold off until my next update in about 30 min, and then I will post the "official price" for all locations across North America.

Sorry for the mix up guys, but I will get this all straightened out.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were you trying to call me @2:45... I was in a meeting and could not get out..

Let me know and I'll call you back.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

OK guys,

as of now I have 6 people who have actually paid me for this groupbuy. I will be putting through the orders on Monday as iRotors seems to have a problem with their ordering database. I will make sure that monday morning all the rotors get sent to their supplier to be zinc plated and they will be heading your way by middle of next week.

Now the issue, We need another 3-4 guys to complete this groupbuy. I am trying to stay on good terms with irotors since I may want to persue some type of business relationship with them in the future. The price they gave us was for the groupbuy, and I need a minimum or 9-10 guys for this to work...

is anyone else interested in this???

PM me if you are.

thanks
Old 04-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Aspec

Hey, I'm interested!! I just saw this post!! so how much are all four rotors with shipping??
Old 04-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Show me da MONEY

I want in, SC I sent you a PM. Hope it's not to late...

Old 04-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i ordered the rotors he is selling and they are great. ( i would have gotten in on the group buy but i ordered them before it started) they are great rotors. i dont have many miles on them yet but the build quality appeares to be of high quality. they are smooth braking and are quiet also. i would recomend them.

Old 04-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
i ordered the rotors he is selling and they are great. ( i would have gotten in on the group buy but i ordered them before it started) they are great rotors. i dont have many miles on them yet but the build quality appeares to be of high quality. they are smooth braking and are quiet also. i would recomend them.

what pads did you match up the rotors with, and what paint did you use on the calipers???
Old 04-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by td163
what pads did you match up the rotors with, and what paint did you use on the calipers???
You can use a high heat caliper paint on the calipers. I believe that Kris uses the EBC greenstuff pads as his everyday pad, and swaps the pads for the redstuff when he goes to the track.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey sc354,

Too bad my OEM brakes have a lot of life (and bite) left, otherwise I'd be in on the buy. My only thing is that it would be difficult to put on the taxes as a 'business expense', unless I got an invoice direct from an Acura/Honda dealer.

- derrick
Old 04-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Update

Wassup guys,

OK so I just put through the 7 orders that I had. The order is going to be processed hopefully by the end of today which means the rotors will be shipped out tomorrow to be zinc plated. Generally it takes 3 days to zinc plate them, and then they will head out to the proper shipping addresses. You guys should have the rotors by next week sometime. Hopefully around monday or tuesday.

I still have this groupbuy open, so if anyone else wants rotors, feel free to PM me with your info, and I can put through your order right away as soon as I receive payment.

Take care guys.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Instructor

EBC Greenstuff pads for all 4 wheels in good prices....All I need is 5 ppl or more to get these prices in T.O Area or GTA only .....I can get my prices for $170 plus taxes CDN for 4 wheels but if I can get 5 or more the price will be $130 plus taxes CDN....so thats a good deal guyz..my friend from el club got me these deal for EBC greenstuff pads for 4 wheels...so anyone to this let me know...Thankz
Old 04-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by td163
i used this paint for the calipers....http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html

and for the pads i got the axxis ultimates, but am going to swap them out fairly soon with the EBC Green Stuff pads, which are alot better
Old 04-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Any word on the group buy? Are we going to get tracking numbers or some type of confirmation? When should we expect the rotors?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PlanoTLS
Any word on the group buy? Are we going to get tracking numbers or some type of confirmation? When should we expect the rotors?
Hey guys,

I will be sending you the tracking numbers once the packages are officially shipped. Now what I mean by that is ready to be shipped to you, after having them zinc plated. They will probably go out by thursday or friday to you guys, as they are currently being sent for zinc plating.

If any of you guys have questions, PM or email me.

Thanks

PS...I will be PMing you the tracking numbers.

Later.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

what kind of pads do you guys plan on buying with this?

also are you guys gonna change out the brake lines>?
Old 04-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by asloudasitgets
what kind of pads do you guys plan on buying with this?

also are you guys gonna change out the brake lines>?
Ya I decided to go all out with this mod. The pads that are available through irotors is the axxis metal master pads. They are 85 USD including shipping with the rotors which is a great price. I personally am going to use the EBC greenstuff pads, since they have a lot more bite, and very little brake dust.

I decided to go for the SS brake lines also. They are DOT approved. One thing though is every place I have spoken with wants to charge an arm and a leg for installation. I got quotes as high as 600 cdn to install the rotors, pads and SS brake lines.

I think I'm gonna go and find a reputable mechanic and pay him cash to do it on the side.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

does 200 sound good for rotors pads and lines/?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by asloudasitgets
does 200 sound good for rotors pads and lines/?
That would be an awesome price...if you could get it. The price from irotors for the rotors, pads and lines including shipping is 443 USD. How do you suppose you will get it for 200???
Old 04-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
if getting new rotors what you'all gonna do with the stock ones? If you trash it, what if you sell your car later in the future you think someone will buy it with performance rotors. Just wondering cause selling a modded car is though..
Old 04-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Senior Moderator

just throw the old stuff away and sell the car with whats on it
Old 04-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Team Inspire Canada

quted by sc354 .........As of now, Steve you're the only definite person who has given me the go ahead with the rotors. I'm a little disappointed at the guys on the forum, simply because I know a lot of them have issues with warping, and yet they still want to waste their time with the acura rotors, when it is inevitable...they are bound to warp, whether you drive like a grandmother or an F1 driver. Come on guys, you will thank me once you feel the difference, and see how long they last. I'm a reputable member on this forum, and I'm only out to help you guys fix this warping problem once and for all...I'm getting nothing out of this, but a set of rotors at a reduced cost like all of you guys.

Okay......Frankly i am getting upset what is going on here...I think is time for someone to confess how much they really paid for their rotors....As this is now becoming a problem with some freinds ....There are some good people on this forum that i have met and i think freinds tell the truth and not lie to freinds to gain from it.Be a man and state how much you really paid for the rotors........You call me a freind.....yet you talk crap about me ......How CAN YOU make comments if i had a navigator or not....I OWN MY TL.....YOU MY FREIND DONT EVEN HAVE A ASPEC OR ANY CAR TO YOUR OWN NAME NOT EVEN A HYUDAI FORGET AN ACURA.......THAT CAR BELONGS TO YOUR DAD......I MAY NOT KNOW STEVE THAT WELL......BUT I WONT LIE TO THE GUY...BRING IT BUDDY. :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger
Old 04-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok guys here's the story...

I got fed up of these warped rotors problem, and decided to cure the problem by finding an aftermarket set that would eliminate the warping indefinitely. I called up irotors to see what they could do in terms of pricing for a groupbuy. The woman at the time told me a price of $259 USD shipped for those in US and 295 USD for thos in Canada. At this time she didn't comment on the price for Cali residents as she didn't know. Keep in mind this was on tuesday. At this time she also stated that it would be in my best interest to confirm these prices with Kim (who only works on Thursday) as she is the one who generally takes care of the groupbuys. So I spoke to Kim on Thursday, and she quoted me the same prices. Before speaking to her, I had every intention of paying the price quoted since there's always a price to pay for having your car perform better.

But then Kim continued by saying "the person who organizes the groupbuy will be given a free set of rotors on behalf of irotors as a thank you for giving us 8-10 orders". Now this person who organized it is me. Now you guys have to realize that whether I pay for my rotors or get them for free, does this in no way change the price that you paid. Irotors is taking a hit on their commission by giving the organizer (me) a free pair of rotors. This wasn't some 3 minute job where I inherit a free set of rotors. Between coordinating the pickup of money, and speaking to every buyer online or on the phone to receive payment took me well over 5 hours of work. Plus all the coordinating with irotors in regards to shipping it to the right place, putting through the order, making sure everything is going as planned took me plenty of time and effort, so I think this does warrant some kind of kick back. And guys, I made absolutely no money on hand, I simply got a "gift" from irotors for getting 8-10 people to buy as part of the groupbuy. Honestly John, I realize now that you can be an asshole when push comes to shove. I can't believe you would do something like this...well now that I think of it, it doesn't really surprise me.

The orders have all been processed and will be getting delivered to you guys by next week. They are currently being zinc plated. I should have the tracking info by tonight or tomorrow, and I will contact each person with that info...

I don't see why you guys should be mad over this. In many ways, I helped you guys out by finding this dealing, and saving you some money. I think that John and pat (giovanni, residualfreedom) are just pissed because they're not part of this groupbuy.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Let me clarify something:
When I approached Irotors to get EVERYONE a good deal, I fully intended to pay for my set. It turns out that Irotors offered a free set if I could get 8 people together, which I did. The price they quoted me for the sets did not change whether I got 5, 6 or 8 orders. They obviously want to provide an incentive for more group buys by rewarding larger orders.

You must know that I spent about 1 hour on my cell phone with Irotors and about 6-8 hours total arranging for the group buy. I am sure that you guys will agree that this should be recognized somehow.

If some of you nevertheless still think that I should be sharing the freebee with all, then I am prepared to split the value of my set of rotors 8 ways (which amounts to about US$37.5 each) and refund each person who wants it this amount of money. I think you'll agree that I being totally above board on this and very fair. If you all elect to get the refund, then I will have to chuck this to experience...I hope that at least some of you recognize the value of the time I spent putting this deal together.

Please let me know what you think and what you would like to do.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Racer

whatever happended to you'll give the rest of us 24hours to think about it when u reach your 8-10 people before you confirm your order with irotors? I was a "maybe" and i don't recall u tell us the deal is closing. Or maybe it was but flooded with other stuff that blocked the post? and yeah, u never did tell any of us u were going to get a gift from them... like no intentions of telling until someone try to bust u out...
Old 04-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLSAnthracite
whatever happended to you'll give the rest of us 24hours to think about it when u reach your 8-10 people before you confirm your order with irotors? I was a "maybe" and i don't recall u tell us the deal is closing. Or maybe it was but flooded with other stuff that blocked the post? and yeah, u never did tell any of us u were going to get a gift from them... like no intentions of telling until someone try to bust u out...
I think that irotors gives the organizer this gift because they realize that you can't just snap your fingers have have 8-10 people sitting at your door step with payment. It does require some effort to recruit 8 people. Don't forget that a lot of these people don't know me on a personal basis, which makes it even harder for them to simply hand over 250-300 USD to someone they never met. So in a way, the rotors that they gave me for free is a token of their appreciation. Now like I said in my above post, if anyone part of the groupbuy has a problem with me getting a free set, and keep in mind that a lot of time and hard work was put into organizing this, then I would be glad to reimburse 37.5 USD to you.

Let me know guys, sorry for the mishap...
Old 04-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i dont have anything to do with this buy, but you should have told everyone you were getting a free set of brakes. it seems you were trying to hide it from everyone until one of the members figured it out
Old 04-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Racer

I agree, like how i stated before...
Old 04-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Racer

I'm not a part of the groupbuy, but I've been following the thread because of the minor dispute I had with "sc354" on page 2 or 3.

I agree that he should've mentioned he got a free set by doing this. Damn, it would've been cheaper for everyone if you guys would've split the cost 8 ways, but unfortunately that did not happen. In reference to his, "I should be compensated because I've spent X amount of hours on the phone" mentality......you knew what you were getting yourself into when you took it upon yourself to start a groupbuy. You shouldn't be throwing it in their faces now.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Instructor

I think a token discount/refund would be nice. I agree it takes some effort to organize and I think your set should cost you less becaused of your work. $300 less is a bit much. Just my 2 cents. If I get anything back I will consider it a bonus, but I realize that I could not have called up iRotors and received the price (shipped) that I did with this group buy.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by hellas
i dont have anything to do with this buy, but you should have told everyone you were getting a free set of brakes. it seems you were trying to hide it from everyone until one of the members figured it out
whats the big deal even if he does get rewarded by irotors? he did all the work. making the deals, calls after calls, taking care of payments, making sure they are shipped properly. it was alot of work and i comend him for taking this on. if he was trying to hide this from them then he wouldnt have said any thing. he has been more than fare in my eyes, by offering to split/reimburse the difference to the members who did get in on this. i also am not on the group buy (i got them on my own) i wish i could have waited because i deffinatly would have gotten in on this deal, but my cracked rotors demanded i get them before this was all worked out. other wise i would have.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Racer

He went into all that work because he wanted to save money via buying along with others. There, here's the reward. but not tell telling that he's getting them for free until someone bust him out doesn't seem that right. I agree with a reward and his reward was saving money instead of just buying them on there own like fsttyms.

My $0.02
Old 04-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think you missed the point here dude. i didn't bust out the information. I was very open with my buddy that I got these for free. He in no way had to "bust" it out of me. It was never a secret. So I don't know what you're referring to.

I didn't post it up on the forum cause to be honest it's totally irrelevant. The fact is, I worked hard to get this deal, and processing it was even harder. Shouldn't I be compensated in some way or another??? Besides, the deal is done, I have sent off all the tracking info to the guys in the groupbuy, and no one seems to be bothered by this "new info"...so let's just drop it.

Thanks for sticking up for me Kris. I knew you would understand. We should all be thankful to have such a good guy like Kris on this forum. He's a great asset to the forum. Stay safe Kris and keep in touch.

Take care.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:33 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Originally Posted by TLSAnthracite
He went into all that work because he wanted to save money via buying along with others. There, here's the reward. but not tell telling that he's getting them for free until someone bust him out doesn't seem that right. I agree with a reward and his reward was saving money instead of just buying them on there own like fsttyms.

My $0.02

He's 100% right, you did get busted jeff, you didn't tell anybody involved with the buy that because they were buying rotors you wouldn't have to pay anything.
And I do agree with fsttyms (Kris), organizing a buy is time consuming and takes phone calling, e-mailing and collecting money. Getting a free set of pads or break lines for organizing a group buy for rotors would be a reasonable bonus, but not a 100% discount for organizing the buy! Think
Old 04-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Why is everyone so upset over this?

sc354 organized the group buy, and got all of you guys a discount which would not have been possible without his effort. Whatever he is getting from iRotors is between him and iRotors. It's not like he tacked on the price of his own set to the prices of your rotors sets.

Besides, he offered to send you a refund for the price of the rotors split 8 ways.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Look guys, I have told you where I stand. And like I said, I have no issues sending you guys your portion back if you please. Just PM me and I will arrange to either meet up in person to give it to you, or paypal it back to you.

Whichever is more convenient.

Take care guyz.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:04 AM
Team Inspire Canada

There is nothing wrong with getting a reward for organizing it.....Jeff.....you call some of us your freinds......You should have told them what the deal was from the begining....i dont think anyone would have been upset...but you chose not to....You made a comment the other night in front of Residual freedom and myself that you did not care about these guys....We got upset at you as TATEWAKI who is a freind to all of us and helps out anyone when we ask for help on the car .....He has helped you out too JEFF. Offering portions of the money back after this came out...GROW UP JEFF....I ALWAYS SUPPORTED YOU ....I have had enough of this crap with you.....stop lying .....You maybe able to convince the internet world and how everyone is picking on you.....There are those who know you JEFF.....I think we now know what you all about . WE HAVE A CAR THAT IS A TL.......you only own a diecast model.....forget a piece of crap car like mine jeff.....but the ownership says my name.....ASPEC.....2003 3.2TL Type S A-Spec BELONGS TO DAD
-Aegean Blue Pearl
-Titanium Interior
-Mobil 1 Synthetic Racing Oil (5W-30)
-K&N Gold Oil Filter (HP-1004)
-Sylvania Silverstar 9006ST Fogs
-Personalized A-Spec Leather Jacket which says "Catch me if you can" on the inside tag!!! 281 of 800 (Belongs to DADDY NOT YOU ....YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE IT WHEN HE SAYS OKAY REMEMBER)
-3A Racing Exhaust Tips (3.5 x 9)- Comptech Style
-35% tints on the side, 20% rear windshield (Llumar Radiant tint)
-Removed Stock Airbox resonator (Residual Freedom one of the guys who is allegedly jealous of you removed it for you OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN)
-Toyo Proxes T1S (235/45R17)- Summer tire
-Winter Tire (TBD)
YOU DONT HAVE ONE.......YOUR DAD OWNS IT...NOT YOU.
NOW CALL ME AN ASSHOLE JEFF..... :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger
Old 04-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by giovanni
There is nothing wrong with getting a reward for organizing it.....Jeff.....you call some of us your freinds......You should have told them what the deal was from the begining....i dont think anyone would have been upset...but you chose not to....You made a comment the other night in front of Residual freedom and myself that you did not care about these guys....We got upset at you as TATEWAKI who is a freind to all of us and helps out anyone when we ask for help on the car .....He has helped you out too JEFF. Offering portions of the money back after this came out...GROW UP JEFF....I ALWAYS SUPPORTED YOU ....I have had enough of this crap with you.....stop lying .....You maybe able to convince the internet world and how everyone is picking on you.....There are those who know you JEFF.....I think we now know what you all about . WE HAVE A CAR THAT IS A TL.......you only own a diecast model.....forget a piece of crap car like mine jeff.....but the ownership says my name.....ASPEC.....2003 3.2TL Type S A-Spec BELONGS TO DAD
-Aegean Blue Pearl
-Titanium Interior
-Mobil 1 Synthetic Racing Oil (5W-30)
-K&N Gold Oil Filter (HP-1004)
-Sylvania Silverstar 9006ST Fogs
-Personalized A-Spec Leather Jacket which says "Catch me if you can" on the inside tag!!! 281 of 800 (Belongs to DADDY NOT YOU ....YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE IT WHEN HE SAYS OKAY REMEMBER)
-3A Racing Exhaust Tips (3.5 x 9)- Comptech Style
-35% tints on the side, 20% rear windshield (Llumar Radiant tint)
-Removed Stock Airbox resonator (Residual Freedom one of the guys who is allegedly jealous of you removed it for you OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN)
-Toyo Proxes T1S (235/45R17)- Summer tire
-Winter Tire (TBD)
YOU DONT HAVE ONE.......YOUR DAD OWNS IT...NOT YOU.
NOW CALL ME AN ASSHOLE JEFF..... :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger :thefinger
I never said that I don't care about the guys online. That is an outright lie. There are a lot of guys on this forum that I have a lot of respect for. Kris (fsttyms1), ill_tl, nsxnext, vicman17, juniorbean, r10_apple...etc...Just to name a few. Sorry if I missed you, don't worry I respect you guys. All I said was I didn't think the guys on the forum would care. Like Pure Adrenaline said, whatever I get is between me and irotors, and has nothing to do with anyone on here. I simply found a good deal, and shared it with you guys. Besides no one could have gotten the price of the groupbuy, unless they purchased 8 sets of rotors. As for giovanni, the truth is man I just think your jealous. Sure the a-spec may not have my name on it, but you know that in theory it's my car. I take care of it as if it is, and why don't you come by my place later, and to your surprise you'll see the a-spec in the driveway. It sure as hell ain't being driven by my dad, cause he's at work downtown. John stop talking shit on this forum, people are tired of it...At this point, I thought we were over this whole argument, but apparently you're not, and that's fine. I considered you a friend, and you claimed to consider me one too, but friends just don't do that shit to other friends. Besides me lashing out at you online and calling you an asshole after you posted how I lied and scammed people, I never once talked shit about your ride. You've fucking bashed my ride a number of times, saying "why don't you look at your ownership and see who's name is really on it". You know what John, whether it's mine or not shouldn't matter to you. Are you too cool for me because you drive your own TL??? Guess what John, I couldn't care anymore. I've had it with your crap. Come talk to me when you've decided to stop being an asshole.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:54 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

:grenade:

:lol1: kind of sucks doesn't it,

why don't they have one of the icons crying?? ah well you get the point!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
:grenade:

:lol1: kind of sucks doesn't it,

why don't they have one of the icons crying?? ah well you get the point!
Whatever, i don't care anymore...if anyone else wants in on this groupbuy let me know...

Quick Reply: iRotors Groupbuy...is anyone interested?