Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Intake and suspension for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 06:14 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This bickering is getting rediculous and I'm getting sick of it. This is my 3rd and final offer, I will refund your paypal account for 100 dollars. I will be more than happy for you to use my fed ex account and give me the cost for shipping which will be cheaper than if you shipped yourself. Let me know...
Old 06-05-2002, 06:17 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Darivative. While you may think that you were justified in selling the CAI to D73 cause u sent later emails syaing it was used, the fact remains u said NEW in the topic in which the product in question was being sold.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:36 PM
2nd Gear

Originally posted by HellaWhat
Darivative. While you may think that you were justified in selling the CAI to D73 cause u sent later emails syaing it was used, the fact remains u said NEW in the topic in which the product in question was being sold.

Umm... The emails were sent before the transaction was finalized. I also hate people on this board who are replying in a foul manner when they have no clue what went on....
Old 06-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Banned

This might be helpful for you...

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov//

Internet Fraud Complaint Center.

Yes the FBI can go after him. I had a guy run with 160 bucks of my money I paid with paypal, paypal would not refund it, said basically too bad. I couldn't cancel my payment because paypal would charge me again or fight for it, since it was there money not the guys, and so on. Well I reported him to the FBI, and they are still working on it after a few months...who knows what will happen.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:44 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Originally posted by Darivative

Umm... The emails were sent before the transaction was finalized. I also hate people on this board who are replying in a foul manner when they have no clue what went on....
Point and case. u posted a product for sale that said

[b]
I have a brand new in the box, AEM cold air intake for the acura cl type-s in silver. 100 shipped next day air is more than fair since it's in good condition with no scratches.

Regardless to the fact of whether or NOT the emails took place prior to or after the actual trasnaction, the fact reamains it was FALSE ADVERSTISING.

Stop ignoring that fact.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Banned

When the FBI sees this...you'll be in big trouble. You advertised an intake for CL Type-S....you did not send that. Plain and simple. You will lose. If you don't refund D73s money, you could face up to 3-5 years over $100. Smart guy.

Soopa can probably bring up any PMs that were sent between you two..that is the power of an Admin. Now, if you think you can kick and scream that you are right....go for it, I think the consequences of having the FBI knock on your door isn't worth the $100....
Old 06-05-2002, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear

Originally posted by moomaster_99
When the FBI sees this...you'll be in big trouble. You advertised an intake for CL Type-S....you did not send that. Plain and simple. You will lose. If you don't refund D73s money, you could face up to 3-5 years over $100. Smart guy.

Soopa can probably bring up any PMs that were sent between you two..that is the power of an Admin. Now, if you think you can kick and scream that you are right....go for it, I think the consequences of having the FBI knock on your door isn't worth the $100....
Since when did you become a comedian? haha j/k

Read the thread...
Old 06-05-2002, 07:23 PM
D73
Curiosity Killed The CL-S

Darivative,

You still haven't addressed this:
Fact 1: You advertised a CLS intake.
Fact 2: I paid $100 expecting a CLS intake.
Fact 3: You shipped a AV6 intake.

Do you dispute any of the above 3 facts?

If the above 3 facts are true, then we can come to the conclusion that you did not ship what you advertised. As such, I do not understand why I should have to absorb loss in shipping.
And I think moo DID read the thread...
Old 06-05-2002, 07:27 PM
2nd Gear

Originally posted by D73
Darivative,

You still haven't addressed this:And I think moo DID read the thread...
You keep changing the subject at hand. I have pics of the intake when it was on my type-s engine so if you want to see them now, please let me know I will email them to you?

This is my 4th reply to your answer ( DO YOU WANT ME TO REFUND THE 100 TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT?) Then in case you will ship the intake back to me!
Old 06-05-2002, 07:34 PM
D73

I am not changing the subject. It was, and still is, that I paid for a brand new CLS AEM CAI, and got a used AV6 AEM intake. Therefore I want my money back with no financial liability to myself.

Yes, that would be nice although I don't see how they could help your case. Please post the pix here so everyone can see how your CLS which requires a 3" intake could fit a 2.5" pipe.

Yes, I do want my $100 back.
Yes, I will ship your intake back to you.
No, I will NOT pay for return shipping.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear

You paid for a used aem cai as I stated in the email and I will paypal your account tommorow as long as I can confirm I will recieve the intake back? I'm willing to give you my fed ex account# and you pay for the shipping which is cheaper than what you would normally pay to ship as an individual. Also here is a pic for you I hope you enjoy!I have more pics if you want...
Old 06-05-2002, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear

You paid for a used aem cai as I stated in the email and I will paypal your account tommorow as long as I can confirm I will recieve the intake back? I'm willing to give you my fed ex account# and you pay for the shipping which is cheaper than what you would normally pay to ship as an individual. Also here is a pic for you I hope you enjoy!I have more pics if you want...
Old 06-05-2002, 08:12 PM
D73

Someone correct me... But that's NOT a CLS engine!
Old 06-05-2002, 08:19 PM
2nd Gear

You are corrected that's AL's engine(oneqwkv6) and it's a authentic j32a2...
Old 06-05-2002, 08:23 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Doesn't look like one to me.. .it is an AV6 or 3.0CL
Old 06-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
No it is a j32 engine..but it is on a 3.0 CL. OneQwkv6 had a swapped engine. Just for info sake though, that is still not a CL-S intake....as we all know if we have been on the boards for a while, a 98-00 Accord v6 intake worked on the CL-S', but that doesn't mean it is an authentic CL-S intake. AEM made the CL-S intake with a 3" pipe and made it single pieced. While the AV6 still came in two pieces.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:45 PM
D73

tw112:
Ah... that explains why the engine bay etc looked so different. Thanks!

Darivative:
Get real. Stop treating me as if I'm an idiot. You didn't ship a CLS intake, used or otherwise. So again, we're back to this:
Fact 1: You advertised a CLS intake.
Fact 2: I paid $100 expecting a CLS intake.
Fact 3: You shipped a AV6 intake.

My tolerance has almost run out. Please Darivative, don't make this any worse than it already is. Just admit that you made a mistake, accept the additional return shipping charge, and you can save yourself litigation. Is it worth $30 to have the cops come knocking?
Old 06-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Pro

may i offer a bit of advice???

d73 have darivative paypal you back your money less the shipping charges he is looking for take it as a life lesson believe me it sucks but its better then nothing and ship him back his merchandise ... at least you aint out your whole $100 and next time you see him selling something on this board e-bay or any other board offer your story to all of his potential customers.

incidentally darivative you know your wrong but the least i can give you the credit of willing to refund part of d73's money it doesnt make your action excusable but it is a step in the right direction...shit i seen people get scammed for way more then that and no response from the scammer whatsoever
Old 06-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

You are corrected that's AL's engine(oneqwkv6) and it's a authentic j32a2...
UHHHH??? Wasn't oneqwkv6 CL stolen and stripped? According to him everything was stolen off the car including everything under the hood. Its all here in this thread .
So if everything was stolen how is it that you ended up with his intake Darivative?
Old 06-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Burning Brakes

just report his ass....

D73 u have been more than patient w this @sshole.... Jus take it to the law.... Let the Muthasucka FRY..... I don't even know why you continue to give chances, if it was me, I woulda went to the FEDs as soon as I opened the box.... This jack@ss deserves to be ..... Let that muthasucka fight it in court:

1- There's no way he'll win...
2- He'll be payin out the ass for Lawyers fees, court fees, etc. (
(jus cuz he tried to scam u for $100)
3- Sue his ass and get MORE than you money back.....
Old 06-05-2002, 09:37 PM
D73

Generationz:
Thanks for the advice. I did in fact briefly consider just absorbing the return shipping when this whole thing first started. However, to me, it's not so much a matter of $100. I mean, $100 is a fair sum of cash, but I won't die without it. It's more a matter of principal. If I just back down and accept the shipping charge, then there's nothing that will tell him that it is NOT alright to screw with people.

And I don't think he knows he's wrong...

erock:
I've had a great day at work today, so I'm in a kinda mood.
I'll wait till I get to work tomorrow. It's probably going to be a shitty day. Good day to go a scammer's.
We'll see...
Old 06-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Pro

Originally posted by D73
Generationz:
Thanks for the advice. I did in fact briefly consider just absorbing the return shipping when this whole thing first started. However, to me, it's not so much a matter of $100. I mean, $100 is a fair sum of cash, but I won't die without it. It's more a matter of principal. If I just back down and accept the shipping charge, then there's nothing that will tell him that it is NOT alright to screw with people.

And I don't think he knows he's wrong...

erock:
I've had a great day at work today, so I'm in a kinda mood.
I'll wait till I get to work tomorrow. It's probably going to be a shitty day. Good day to go a scammer's.
We'll see...
str8 ill blaze an l for you and i see your point 100 bucks is shit compared to principle i woulda had em return the money less the shipping and sent him a box filled with me and about ten homeboys shit smeared all over his fake ass intake lol
Old 06-06-2002, 09:32 AM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This bickering is getting rediculous and I'm getting sick of it. This is my 3rd and final offer, I will refund your paypal account for 100 dollars. I will be more than happy for you to use my fed ex account and give me the cost for shipping which will be cheaper than if you shipped yourself. Let me know...
D73,

I've just read the entire post...from page 1-5.

In this quote Darivative offered to obsorb the shipping cost by giving you his FedEx Account number. I've actually returned a product this way once. All you need to do is call FedEx w/ his accound number and they'll come pick the product up from you...no charge to you.

Darivative,

As an act of good faith, I would return the $100 to D73's PayPal account first before the package is shipped out. This entire thread has proven that you were in the wrong for shipping a product that did not fit the correct car. I put more trust on D73 than you.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:39 PM
D73

Chikai:
Darivative wrote on 6/5/02 at 5.54pm:
I'm willing to give you my fed ex account# and you pay for the shipping which is cheaper than what you would normally pay to ship as an individual.
Somehow I think he's not absorbing the shipping... Yeah, I know I can just charge shipping to his fedex acct, but doing that without his permission would make me a scammer too. I just wish he would accept the fact that he sent me the wrong intake. Sigh...
Old 06-06-2002, 12:48 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by D73
Chikai:
Darivative wrote on 6/5/02 at 5.54pm:Somehow I think he's not absorbing the shipping... Yeah, I know I can just charge shipping to his fedex acct, but doing that without his permission would make me a scammer too. I just wish he would accept the fact that he sent me the wrong intake. Sigh...
D73...I've done this FedEx thing before.

A company in Detroit sent me the wrong front lip for my Integra. He admitted he was in the wrong, gave me his FedEx account number, I called FedEx, arranged a pickup time, and the FedEx guy was at my door in a few days.

I assume Darivative will have to call FedEx first to give them permission for you to use the account number.

Anyway, this looks to be your best bet in getting all financial issues straighten out. just trying to help out
Old 06-06-2002, 01:00 PM
D73

Thanks man... Now all I need is for Darivative to admit he sent the wrong intake, give me authorization to charge shipping to his fedex account, and paypal me my money. Piece of cake..
Old 06-06-2002, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

Listen, we can sit here and argue for as long as you want. Fact of the matter is the intake was on cls engine which I had told you. This is 5th time I'm asking you, I will paypal your account if you pay for the shipping since I paid the 1st time buck. Again I'm more than happy for you to use my fed ex account so it will save you shipping. Let me know...

P.S I'm a big fan of Fox Molder!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:24 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Listen, we can sit here and argue for as long as you want. Fact of the matter is the intake was on cls engine which I had told you. This is 5th time I'm asking you, I will paypal your account if you pay for the shipping since I paid the 1st time buck. Again I'm more than happy for you to use my fed ex account so it will save you shipping. Let me know...

P.S I'm a big fan of Fox Molder!
FACT REMAINS... You said a "NEW CLS INTAKE" NOT "A NEW intake on a CLS"..

BOO YAH...

Second of all, if u were such a big fan of MULDER, you'd learn to spell the name.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro

Originally posted by HellaWhat

Second of all, if u were such a big fan of MULDER, you'd learn to spell the name.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:40 PM
Burning Brakes

now this is a long thread.
Darivative: how did u end up with OneQwkV6s intake and suspension if the car got stolen then Striped????
Old 06-07-2002, 12:03 AM
Instructor

I sold Greg (Darivative) my intake a while back for his 2001 CL-Type-S. I didn't need it because I had turboed my car. As for this thread this is the main reason that forums are garbage because everyone keeps sticking there nose where it's not wanted. This issue is between Darivative and D73 not morons that have nothing better to do then bash someone without knowing the whole story. If Darivative wanted to scam you I would think he wouldn't be here offering you your money back.

As far as the thread goes it seemed like you had a problem recieving emails and then you got them so I believe he emailed you about the intake. He offered to give you back your money as long as you shipped back, since he shipped next day to you when he was suppose to. Everyone in this thread keeps bitching and moaning that he got scammed this he got scammed that, if that was the case the seller would never be seen again.

D73 I don't know who is at fault in this issue but I can say if you want your money back so bad take his paypal offer and just ship the intake back...
Old 06-07-2002, 12:17 AM
Burning Brakes

i am not bashing anyone. I was just wondering how he ended up with your intake and suspension. Thats all. I have my opinions about everything as well. I could state them but i feel there is not a need to and that it will create more tension in the forum.
As for the forums being garbage because everyone sticks thier nose in ppl's business, that is what i expect. Its a DISCUSSION FORUM about Acura CLs. You are going to get that a lot. Not everyone is going to say what u want them to say or believe everything u say. You also don't have to prove anything to the forum. The forum is here to entertain,educate, and to provide information and feedback(both neg.&positive) to fellow members.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by OneQwkv6
I sold Greg (Darivative) my intake a while back for his 2001 CL-Type-S. I didn't need it because I had turboed my car...
Did you say that you turboed your cl-s?????

please post pics and dyno graphs

why havent i heard of this before????

that intake does not look like it would fit a cl-s

someone is not telling the truth

sidemarker
Old 06-07-2002, 02:38 AM
2002 NBA Champs!!!

Originally posted by sidemarker

Did you say that you turboed your cl-s?????

please post pics and dyno graphs

why havent i heard of this before????

that intake does not look like it would fit a cl-s

someone is not telling the truth

sidemarker
i believe he turboed a 3.0cl not a cls.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:05 AM
D73

I only need one response from you

Darivative:
Fact 1: You advertised (and I quote) "I have a ... AEM cold air intake for the acura cl type-s..."
Fact 2: The intake you shipped to me is an AEM cold air intake for the Honda Accord V6.

Are you disputing any of the above facts?
If the answer is yes, please provide details of which fact you are disputing and why.
If the answer is no, then it is obvious that you made a mistake during this transaction.

If I made a mistake, you should not be penalized for my mistake, and I will gladly pay for return shipping, and even reimburse you the initial shipping to me.
If you made a mistake, I shouldn't be penalized for your mistake, and you should pay for return shipping.
Whoever made the mistake should pay for it. Fair, right?

So it's really simple. For now, the ONLY response I want from you is, are you disputing any of the above facts? And if you are, which fact and why are you disputing it. I am NOT interested in your response about what condition the intake is in, what engine it was mounted on, what engines it could be made to fit, etc.

OneQwkv6:
Thank you for clarifying the issue about how Darivative got your intake. However, for me, the main issue here isn't about me getting my money. The main issue here is one party's unwillingness to admit to a mistake, his attempt to penalize me for his mistake, and my unwillingness, on principle, to accept said penalization.

I agree that probably Darivative didn't intend to scam me. It was probably an honest mistake. However, that doesn't detract from the fact that it WAS a mistake, and his unwillingness to accept it is what is compounding this into a blood boiling matter for me.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:24 PM
nothing

im not defending darivative cuz what he did was shitty...but didnt you say you bought the intake assuming it would fit the CL-S, and what he sold you was what he assumed to be an AEM CAI for the CL-S. (He bought it from someone who used it on their CL-S )
Old 06-07-2002, 01:08 PM
D73

bryanz3.0cl:
I paid for, and expected, a CLS intake. If you bought a CLS intake, you'd kinda assume it would fit a CLS...
Yeah, he probably thought it was a CLS intake because it was mounted on a J32A2 engine. But that doesn't make it a CLS intake. Case in point: If I put a pair of $10 sunglasses in an Oakley case, that doesn't make them Oakleys.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro

I can't believe I read this whole fucking thread!

Darivative - That was pretty dumb selling the intake as a CL-S intake, rather than a 3.0 intake that can fit a CL-S. No shit he's going to want a refund. Why would he want to Mickey Mouse his intake? Why didn't you just try to sell it to someone with a 3.0?

D73 - I'm with you, but WTF? He said he would accept shipping charges if you used his Fed Ex account #. Just send it back. It's easy. You don't need a note of authorization from him. His willingness to cover shipping is his admission that he was wrong and you are right. He is not going to suck your dick over this. Ship it, get you money back, and get over it.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:24 PM
D73

SC TL:
Darivative wrote on 6/5/02 at 5.54pm:
I'm willing to give you my fed ex account# and you pay for the shipping which is cheaper than what you would normally pay to ship as an individual.
If Darivative agreed to refund me $100 and let me charge return shipping to his fedex acct, that would be fine by me too.

Darivative:
If I misunderstood you on this point, let me know, and we can close this thing.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Pro

D73 - My bad. I must have misread what he was trying to do.

Darivative - Pay for the return shipping you chicken shit bastard.

Quick Reply: Intake and suspension for sale!