Color:

Location (State/Prov):

FS: 2008 Acura TL Type-S Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ARX-01b
It looks like Paypal will be of no help at trying to recover my money and good ole Dave's at his games again of not returning my phone calls or emails.

I did some serching and found out his real address, as he gave me a bs address initally, and was able to talk to one of his neighbors via telephone to confirm he lives at this address: 10311 Calvary Rd, Independence, KY 41051 along with his home phone of 859 356 5638 (only about 70 minutes away from my house).

Anyone deal with a situation like this before? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?
I'd post this topic explaining your situation in the Ramble section. If you havent ever checked out that section... some of those guys are serious investigators who would love to help out

he'd get pwn3d
Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nbennettksu
I'd post this topic explaining your situation in the Ramble section. If you havent ever checked out that section... some of those guys are serious investigators who would love to help out

he'd get pwn3d
Thanks nb. If I get no response in the next 48 hrs. I'll be sure to check it out.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Instructor

Wow. I just got done reading this whole thread.

All I can say is wow.

Good luck with everything man I wish the best.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
If no response go to the local police in his area. If he's scammed you, no reason to approach him in person or you might be the one going to jail.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbonut
If no response go to the local police in his area. If he's scammed you, no reason to approach him in person or you might be the one going to jail.
That's probably real good advice.

My Paypal case is now closed and they've returned exactly $0 so don't think that Paypal is as safe as many think.

I'll give the Independence, KY police department a call this weekend and see what I need to do.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:23 AM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The strange thing is, I don't think Starbucks meant to scam from the beginning. Why else would he reject so many offers that were above a grand?

I'm thinking something urgent came up where he needed the money or he's just chilling in his couch not giving a sh*t about this thread.

Anyway, hope this gets resolved before it gets out of hand. Which will pretty much suck for Starbucks.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iamhomin
The strange thing is, I don't think Starbucks meant to scam from the beginning. Why else would he reject so many offers that were above a grand?

I'm thinking something urgent came up where he needed the money or he's just chilling in his couch not giving a sh*t about this thread.

Anyway, hope this gets resolved before it gets out of hand. Which will pretty much suck for Starbucks.

Man your logic is amazing and I hope you are right.

Seems there was a problem at the UPS Store last week and they could not get a hold of Starbuck. Dave did see my emails this morning upon returning from another west coast trip on the red eye and went down to the store to clear things up this morning. It seems like the lady at the front desk gave him some bad info and they needed him to come down and clear things up before they could ship them.

The new ETA is next Wednesday.

Hopefully I'll only have one more post to make and that is to say they finally are here and to appologize to Dave for doubting his word.

Last edited by ARX-01b; 08-30-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does your Paypal withdrawn from bank or credit card? you can get back your money by calling your credit card. dont ever use your bank. it happens to me 2 times, i get it back no problem.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:14 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
fuck that, dont doubt a damn thing. he should bring those wheels to you personally on a silver platter for all the shit he's put you thru, with refunded money for shipping, AND 3 heine mini-kegs. no fuck that also, a real heine keg
Old 08-30-2008, 03:29 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
If the wheels get delivered then disregard my post and accept an apology in all due respect.

With the amount of dollars involved and OPs fishy behavior i.e. providing wrongful address I think it is only fair that you drop the idea of getting your money through paypal. It seems like you paid using funds rather than credit card in which case you have no choice but to contact your local Police Department. You being in a different state means this is a Federal Crime, meaning the punishment would be according to federal laws.

Here is where OH law/sentancing stands as far as felony crimes of various degrees.

http://www.clelaw.lib.oh.us/Public/M...entencing.html

Report the fraud to http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx as well, the website provides helpful tips on getting the ball rolling in the right direction.

OP isnt completely anonymous since you have his info on hand.

Again, these are only suggestions that would help you get your money back.

I am not trying to knock on OPs repute but from what I have seen/dealt with in the past it is only fair that you take all steps necessary to get your funds back.

If you plan on going the paypal route then forget it, you WILL NOT get anything done.

Last edited by JnC; 08-30-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
This is the PM he sent to ARX-01b with info to me:

Originally Posted by The Starbuck
Good evening. Just wanted to let you know all four wheels and tires went out this evening vis UPS. Below is a tracking number so you can track them all the way. Also there are four separate boxes for each wheel and tire together.

UPS: 1ZT791730399696884

Also if you could call me or send me an email to let me know when you got them, and that you got them ok I would appreciate it. It's good I got them out this evening because I could be going back to San Diego either tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. Thanks again and hope you enjoy the wheels!

-David
From the beginning the tracking number only showed that shipping information was furnished.

It never got shipped, and this is what the tracking number shows today.

Tracking Number: 1Z T79 173 03 9969 688 4
Type: Package
Billing Information Voided
The sender has voided the original UPS tracking number that was to be used for this shipment. This may indicate that this shipment is not en route.

What should I do?
Contact the sender to determine why the tracking number was voided and to resolve any issues.
Billing Information Voided
Shipped To: LOUISVILLE, KY, US
Shipped/Billed On: 08/25/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 18.00 Lbs
Multiple Packages: 4

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
US 09/02/2008 12:44 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION VOIDED
US 08/25/2008 6:23 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/02/2008 4:42 P.M. ET
Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Not taking Starbucks side what-so-ever, but just to give a little bit of hope.... I have seen this before, and it could possibly be that the shipment was resent. It is a lot easier to resend a shipment then it is to correct one once it is already in the system with the wrong info.

I'm not sure that UPS's computers allow for the packages to be tied together - you may just want to give them a call and see if they can provide you with the real information. Or perhaps explain the situation to them, and see if they can look up Starbucks sender account, and see if he has sent any "other" packages that weigh roughly the same and are going to you?

(I always thought it would be cool to be a moderator, but sometimes I'm glad someone else does the dirty work. I'd be out of ink already)
Old 09-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron A
This is the PM he sent to ARX-01b with info to me:

From the beginning the tracking number only showed that shipping information was furnished.

It never got shipped, and this is what the tracking number shows today.
Starbuck sent me four new tracking numbers late this afternoon and I expect to see them updated in the UPS system later tonight. Hopfully I'll have the wheels in the morning and we can fianally put this epic to rest.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Banned

Lookin Good

Track Packages & Freight Quantum View Flex Global View

Tracking Summary | Help

Packages in Shipment: 4
Tracking Number: 1Z T79 173 03 9703 412 8

Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the Scheduled Delivery Date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.

What should I do if I'm expecting a delivery?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. For residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that it be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion.

In Transit

Tracking Number: 1Z T79 173 03 9954 393 1

Tracking Number: 1Z T79 173 03 9921 194 1

Tracking Number: 1Z T79 173 03 9584 215 1

Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/02/2008 8:07 P.M. ET
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received wheels today.

Seller neglected to disclose 9" of curb rash on one of the wheel. Don't know how he could of missed that?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Racer

what an ass

wonder who believed his sob story?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
B A N N E D

Received wheels today.

Seller neglected to disclose 9" of curb rash on one of the wheel. Don't know how he could of missed that?
PM sent.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by New Car TL-S
what an ass

wonder who believed his sob story?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Racer

call em like i read em. no hard feelings!!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by The Starbuck
Seriously, most of you need to shut the fuck up and worry about your own shit. The member was informed of the situation for the wheels. Have any of you ever shipped wheels with tires on them? Probably not. Do you know how hard it is to get boxes and make sure they are shipped so they are not scratched or chipped? Probably not. So shut the fuck up.

I had an issue trying to get one more box to ship the wheels for the member. I called a local car store and they had four boxes they could give me, but one box was beat to death. So I still needed one more. I stopped and picked up the fourth box Friday evening on my way home from work and then the wheels will be going out via UPS tomorrow afternoon
Carefully packing the wheels up in a box? blah blah blah. Fuck dude, 2 pieces of card board taped to the tire dosen't make a box. I can't blame UPS for the damage your packaging SUCKED! The damge that resulted to the wheels was a result of a very poor pack job.

That story of driving down to get that special extra large 4th box at the local car store was almost believable. You know I probably could have tapped several Frosted Flake boxes together and they would have offered better protection then the shit you sent, and had them to my buyer in less than a week.

And, why would you throw lug nuts inside the wheel and let them bang agound in there (probably caused the damage to the 2nd wheel). Considering I only received five lug nuts, so I have to assume the other 15 are littered accross the the UPS sort center after they effectivley scratched up the face of the wheels. Nice job!

Ron A you can officailly place Starbuck on the Deadbeat Seller list as I expect to see nothing more from him as he has made no attempt to counter my offer to reach a settlement.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Administrator

He's already on my list, but if you have actually given up and he won't try and help you out then it's time for the permaban.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron A
He's already on my list, but if you have actually given up and he won't try and help you out then it's time for the permaban.
I'll see if he offers to do anything this weekend. As one can imagine I'm very skeptical.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

Time for the permaban
Old 09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Time for the permaban
Done. The Starbuck permabanned.

Sorry we couldn't get you more help.