Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

CL Type S rims, tires, bra - very cheap!! CALGARY, CANADA *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004 | 09:21 PM
Advanced

CL Type S rims, tires, bra - very cheap!! CALGARY, CANADA *pics*

Even better deal than earlier offer, with pics this time.
My 01 CL S is now sold and I have 3 extra factory wheels with the OEM tires (Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 215/50/17 93V M+S). The Acura dealer here in Calgary, Canada sells 1 new rim for approximately $375 CDN including tax and the tires for approximately $265 CDN including tax.
I also have a factory 2 piece Acura nose bra which retails here for approximately $265 CDN including tax.

ALL (wheels, tires & bra) for $300 CDN or $230 US

In return for this price, You arrange for pickup here in Calgary. My postal code here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada is T2R 1L2. If your shipper cannot pickup from my address, I'll drop them off at your shipper's office here in Calgary (UPS, Fedex, Purolator, Greyhound, or whatever works for you). For your security, you can send a money order to your shipper (made payable to me)to give to me in return for the items.

EXTRA NOTE FOR LOCAL BUYERS: you can exchange the rims with scratches plus $135 CDN for a fully refurbished, like new identical rim. You can purchase a refurbished, like new 4th rim, if necessary, for $250 CDN from the same place. I can also supply names of local tire dealers that will sell used, matching OEM Michelin tires for $50 each, which includes mounting and balancing.

PICTURES: email me at pnwarren@shaw.ca
*Caution* If you send me an email from a Hotmail address, chances are good you will NOT get my return email with or even without the pics. It is an ongoing Hotmail problem, as I have had no trouble with any other email server.

If someone reading this would be kind enough to post the pics here, I'd be happy to email the pics to them.
Thanks for reading. Go Flames!
Old 06-05-2004 | 10:32 PM
Adventurist.

Old 06-05-2004 | 10:48 PM
Advanced

Thanks again for your assistance, NiteQwill.
Just an added note about tire tread depth. All 3 tires have virtually identical tread depth, thus just the 1 pic. I estimated the depth at maybe 25% left. OK for non agressive summer driving, not for winter, although these rims would be excellent for all those who battle snow and don't want to pay for new OEM rims just for winter use nor live with the cheaper ugly black steel rims.

By the way, hopefully this is good enough value to motivate at least 1 buyer. If not, email me the offers.
Old 06-07-2004 | 07:59 AM
Cruisin'

I don't mind the road rash on the rims, but are they bent in any way ? I'd like to take to of them off your hands asap if possible !
Old 06-07-2004 | 08:59 AM
Advanced

I don't believe they are damaged other than the obvious surface scratches. I took the scratched rims to 2 places here in Calgary that specialize in rims. One placed quoted me $130 Cdn to simply resurface the wheel. This place does nothing but repair damaged rims of all types and I expect they would have mentioned to me if they felt the rim was bent.
The other place also examined them and quoted me $135 Cdn exchange for a fully refurbished, like new rim and again, I assume the price would have been higher if they felt the rims were bent.

I think the bigger issue for you will be shipping cost. I have not had much success in the past trying to arrange reasonable shipping costs, cross border, with shipping companies here. I have read a number of threads that seem to indicate others have had success doing it, so perhaps if you are calling from a more competitive price area, you get quoted a much lower shipping price. That is why I've discounted the price and encouraged anybody interested to arrange the best priced deal they can get for themselves.

And as I indicated above, if you or anyone else feels the price is too high, because of the shipping price you are quoted or something else, feel free to make me an offer as I am not going to keep them. So the first person to put in a bit of an effort at securing themselves a good shipping price will get the deal!
Feel free to email me at pnwarren@shaw.ca if you need any local phone numbers or any other info.
Old 06-07-2004 | 03:09 PM
Cruisin'

You've got mail...................I'm working on a shipping quote right now, i only need two rims though. How much for two ?
Old 06-07-2004 | 03:40 PM
Advanced

Hi Taffeta CL,
I believe I just replied to your email message. I have been having some problems replying to emails coming from Hotmail, so if you don't get it shortly, please post here and I'll re-reply here for you.
Old 06-07-2004 | 04:02 PM
Cruisin'

I did'nt get your e-mail, what's up ?
Old 06-07-2004 | 04:36 PM
Advanced

Hotmail SUX! Big Time! I get your message, but, you don't receive mine and apparently it is known Hotmail problem.
In any event, I indicated that I'd rather just discount the items some more rather than splitting it up because it makes it all that much more difficult to sell what is left. As well, I was not sure if you wanted just 2 of the rims & tires or just 2 of the rims. If just the 2 rims, I have to go to a tire shop and pay them to take the tires off, so its actually taking money away from whatever I get for the items. As well, it means I have to deal with a number of buyers, I'm assuming mostly from the US, who will all likely face the same challenges in securing a reasonable cost shipper. As the price of the items left falls, the shipping costs wind up representing a larger share of the price and ultimately could exceed the cost of the item (ie: I expect the cost of shipping 2 remaining tires would be far more than the tires are even worth).
I had hoped to easily clean out my storage space by offering a low price to someone who can use these items and is able to wangle a good shipping rate for themselves or even better, lived close by.
You're from Jersey, I thought you guys had "connections" for everything
Would my dropping the price to $200 US make it enough of a deal for you to take everything?
Old 06-07-2004 | 04:45 PM
Cruisin'

This is crazy my friend, i did get your e-mail and i replied to you as well. Like i said in my e-mail, that deal sounds fine, i just have to work out the shipping arrangments.
Old 06-07-2004 | 04:49 PM
Cruisin'

I called ups and they said they would call me back on tuesday with a shipping quote. What other shipping companies are available to you, that way i can get multiple quotes.
Old 06-07-2004 | 06:25 PM
Advanced

Email that's faster than a herd of speeding turtles.
I've emailed you back the info, so you should be getting it shortly, I hope.
Old 06-07-2004 | 06:28 PM
Yeehaw

would you sell just the bra?

shipped to az?
Old 06-07-2004 | 06:59 PM
Advanced

As I mentioned above, cross border shipping is a hassle to start with and trying to get a decent price is even harder. At least in my experience.
My guess without checking is that whatever you would be paying me for the bra, the shipping costs will likely be more than the bra itself.
If you wish to inquire from your home from either UPS, Fedex, Greyhound Express or whomever you can get an idea. The bra weighs about 1 pound and I've got it folded in a grocery shopping bag. My home postal code is T2R 1L2 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Also, that would assume that Taffetta CL did not want it, and whatever you were offering me for it, was enough to make up for the price reduction to Taffetta for excluding it and to me for the extra hassle of having to go to 2 different shipping points.
I think you can see why I was trying to just deal with 1 person for everything and discounting the price to make up for the hassle of dealing with the shippers.
Also check to see that US customs won't charge you for a used bra. I don't think they will, but, you can ask to be sure.
Old 06-10-2004 | 10:47 AM
Advanced

Still for sale

When I last spoke with Taffetta CL, I was under the impression that he was taking all the items, however, as I have not heard back from him, at this point I must assume that something is up

I had agreed to sell the 3 rims and tires and bra for $200 US plus shipping ($265 CDN).
For the benefit of those who may be interested, shipping costs from Calgary, Alberta, Canada to New Jersey were $153 US. That included boxing the items, insuring the items against theft or mysterious disappearance and ground delivery to the door in the US.
UPS apparently refunds the shipping charges themselves in the event of the shipped goods never showing up. I am told that it is unlikely US Customs would charge any duty as the goods are obviously used and of smaller value, but, I was also told it is a discretionary call so best to check with your local UPS people and US customs to see what their experience has been and whether they would charge you any extra charges. I was told it was 7 business day ground delivery.

I've provided these numbers in case someone is interested and so I don't have to call UPS a dozen times asking for shipping charges to particular cities to satisfy the tire kickers (pun intended). If you live closer than the distance between Calgary and NJ, the shipping charges will likely be a bit less and if you live a geater distance, likely a little more.

Obviously, shipping within Canada will likely be cheaper because there is no cross border issue.
As noted above, I'd prefer to to sell everything to one individual so that this does not turn into a full time job and the guy at UPS will still take my calls. Hopefully the lower price recognizes that.

Email me at pnwarren@shaw.ca
Old 06-10-2004 | 11:14 AM
Cruisin'

Check your e-mail 749009
Old 06-10-2004 | 11:51 AM
Advanced

OK, Taffetta CL not able to complete the deal at this point in time.
The whole package is available. Any interest at the $200 US or $265 CDN for everything?
Old 06-12-2004 | 10:22 AM
Advanced

I can understand why those living a considerable distance from me might hesitate because of shipping costs, but, those living much closer or especially in Canada really should pull out their calculators and do some number crunching.

These are very cheap extra wheels that many of you are paying much higher prices for.
3 wheels, 3 tires plus the bra. I'm only asking $200 US ($265 Cdn) for everything. You can exchange the 2 scratched wheels for perfect replacements for $135 Cdn each here and I'm certain less than that in many other major citites. Or use them as is, pick up another cheap extra 4th rim ($250 Cdn here and less elsewhere)and buy a very good used set of snow tires for $200 Cdn and for a little bit over $700 Cdn you've got 4 good snows on 4 factory 17" CL S rims. People here in Calgary are paying DOUBLE that amount to buy 4 new snows and mount them on ugly black steel rims and driving that way for 5 months every year. And you'd also be getting a $260 Cdn factory bra for free.

Still not a good enough deal? Well, then make me an offer. I need the storage space and in a few weeks, if I've still got this stuff, I'll be forced to toss it out.
Old 06-15-2004 | 03:02 PM
Advanced

I've noticed from reading other "for sale" ads that the factory Acura 2 piece nose bra appears to command asking prices in the $70 - $80 US range plus shipping.

Anyone interested in the one pictured above for in the $60 - $65 US price range INCLUDING shipping? Boxing and shipping costs (UPS ground) are approx. $15 - $25 US depending on distance from Calgary.
Likely be a bit cheaper for Canadian buyers because of lower shipping costs.
Omigod!! Oxymoron alert! Canadian buyers....heh, heh...like military intelligence or Microsoft Works. :P
Old 06-16-2004 | 03:19 PM
Cruisin'

i need the rims PLEASE how much. Check PM and email
Old 06-16-2004 | 04:58 PM
Advanced

I've just sent you an email with info you'll need. Email me back or call me if you like as I gave you my phone number in the email as well.
Old 06-16-2004 | 06:19 PM
Advanced

hmmmm? That's one agressive spam filter you've got on your email, 3210ccdriver. I just received my email to you back as being rejected for spam.
It was just an ordinary email giving you the info you needed on the wheels. I'll need you to specifically allow my email address, pnwarren@shaw.ca, to send you messages so that I can resend it to you. The rejection notice indicates my email address is blacklisted because content is suspected as spam. I have no idea how this happens as I've never engaged in that practice, ever. Perhaps someone had me on their email list and had a virus in their computer? Everything coming into and going out of my machine is scanned first by Norton and all the virus scans that I run regularly always come back negative.
Old 06-16-2004 | 07:09 PM
Advanced

just an update. My email provider has advised that it is likely not my individual address that was blocked, but, anyone using the Shaw.ca network . They have taken the details of the rejection notice from me and have indicated they will contact your email provider and attempt to have the situation clarified and the blacklist removed as it is wrongly blocking valid emails. This will likely take a day or so, so in the meantime we'll have to communicate via the PM system as opposed to email. I've sent you a PM with the info I had sent in the email.
Old 06-18-2004 | 04:12 PM
Advanced

All items are still for sale. Please look at pictures and read above posts so you will have an idea as to shipping costs.

Anybody within a REASONABLE shipping distance that is interested at less than $200 US
for all 3 wheels, tires and bra?
Old 06-29-2004 | 06:34 PM
Advanced

all items are sold and delivered. That didn't take too long