Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

3G TL Parts/Accessories Garage Sale (2005)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover #4 Sold. Somebody sent the money over late last nite. All CF engine covers now sold. It should be shipping to Hollywood FL. (so the user knows yes...its you!)
Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Hmm thinking if I should jump on those A SPECs, I always wanted to see a Chrome-look A SPEC on NBP in person
They certainly are priced right! While they are not perfect...after I washed these things last nite I was wondering WTF I was thinking when I priced these things! lol I thought they had a rather large rash in the face of one of them where it fell over on its face once when I changed from summer to winter tires (prior to slicks)....but not the case. That set was mounted to the car when it sold....doh! Meaning these are the better of the sets I had...lol.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:15 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

A-Spec rims sold locally along with 4 Yokohama tires @ $580. Sorry to those others interested....I knew these wouldnt last long. But being able to see them locally obviously makes a difference when it comes to rims and such. No shit....I let those things go too cheap! (but I am a man of my word...and I DID advertise them at that cost so thats the way it goes IMO) They were really pretty nice! And the tires I found out there for him were two sets of old rear yokohama tires...so they had a lot of tread left on em as I only ran one set a season and then replaced all four as the fronts were bald by then!

Oh...and shipped out Carbon Fiber Cover #4---droppped at UPS tonight on the way home. Will post tracking # later tonight as its still in my office. I will be going back up there anyway to do some copying later tonight....so should be no big deal.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MichaelBenz - Recd the headrests. Thanks much.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Sorry. Forgot to post that tracking # for Carbon Fiber Engine Cover #4:

It went to UPS yesterday evening and was dropped at around 5:30p.

Shipping to Hollywood, FL zipcode 33020
R. Stephenson

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Still left as of right now:

Kumho V-710 slicks (4)
New OEM Radiator
Used OEM Radiator
OEM 3G TL Door Moulding Kit in WDP (forgot that on the last list)

2005 TL OEM Tail lights - 1 set
Right and Left OEM Radiator Fans
OEM Airbox/Intake
2005 OEM Automatic TL Suspension (standard...non a-spec)
2005 OEM Automatic TL Rear Sway Bar
And I think I have a few A-Spec Emblems also...still have to locate those. Everything else is in my hands in my kitchen ready to ship.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Recd the moonroof visor. Thanks
Old 01-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
I removed the tracking numbers you posted in Post #35. Not everyone wants their personal information made public, so please don't post any more specific tracking numbers.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Ron A
I removed the tracking numbers you posted in Post #35. Not everyone wants their personal information made public, so please don't post any more specific tracking numbers.
No problem. Was just trying to make sure the purchaser knew what was up and that everybody was comfortable knowing nobody is getting duped here!

Not starting a debate at all...just trying to understand...what personal information is there beyond what you left there as safe info in the post in a UPS tracking #? I actually thought about that before I did it which is why I ask...just didnt think there really WAS any personal info. in a tracking #. Heck...you left more personal information in this thread than exists in the tracking #....a name.

Again...not trying to debate at all. (you lose when you debate against admins...I know this...you know this) Just trying to learn a new concept. Thanks!

For example....below we have (other than the tracking #) what UPS reports...am I missing something? Dont see any personal info there? Thats why I ask....perhaps there is something I can learn here?

Delivered On: 01/06/2010 2:02 P.M. Location: PORCH Delivered To: LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, OH, US Shipped/Billed On: 01/04/2010 Type: Package Service: GROUND Weight: 8.00 Lbs
Old 01-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i dont really mind but then what about post#22 haha
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Administrator

To all: maybe I was thinking of USPS tracking numbers, which I have seen with full home addresses. UPS is not so bad, giving only the city or town, so maybe I jumped the gun, but I would still rather respect the privacy of the members.

Some don't care, but I have talked with others who do, so it's just safer to leave them out unless it's specifically required, like for a scammer or to prove to someone it was actually shipped.

In Michael's case, we can take his word that it was shipped so the tracking number is just Michael expounding more than is necessary. Not that he ever does that.

I'll leave Post #22 as is, unless somebody objects, but let's omit them in future posts.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Recv'd my shipment today.
Thanks again, Mike!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:43 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

To all: maybe I was thinking of USPS tracking numbers, which I have seen with full home addresses. UPS is not so bad, giving only the city or town, so maybe I jumped the gun, but I would still rather respect the privacy of the members.

Some don't care, but I have talked with others who do, so it's just safer to leave them out unless it's specifically required, like for a scammer or to prove to someone it was actually shipped.

In Michael's case, we can take his word that it was shipped so the tracking number is just Michael expounding more than is necessary. Not that he ever does that.

I'll leave Post #22 as is, unless somebody objects, but let's omit them in future posts.
Me? Expounding more than necessary? Noooo!

I am kinda famous for it. lol

I all seriousness though....I was just trying to provide the best service I could while at the same time letting other prospective buyers see that I followed through. Since I have been busy with other endeavors and not been on here as often as I would like recently, I figured some may be newer and not know me or know of me....so I was just trying to give the ultimate follow through. You dont know the help you guys are providing right now to my garage project....stuff is actually moving and space is appearing! I might be able to actually park there some day soon!

No prob though. I will just report that its been shipped and if anybody wants tracking information they can PM me. Make sure to tell me what you bought....the issue has been/will be - matching screen names to actual names and addresses on paypal. Most can see by now anyway....if I said its shipped....its gone on the way to you!! Thanks again guys/gals!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by dwb993
Recv'd my shipment today.
Thanks again, Mike!
No problem! Thank you!

Note...and I dont know if its you or somebody else without checking up front. I figured out last nite that I forgot to put the back side hold down pieces into the box with the carbon fiber cover as I mentioned in the thread. I will send them to you via priority mail today! I saw them on the counter last nite...and they HAD to be to that cover as thats the only one that didnt have them already installed on the part.

This is the cover....carbon fiber cover #3 - blemished

It was the one for $80. If you were the one who purchased this...rest assured if it doesnt have back side hold downs in the box....you will get another set via priority mail as something tells me they were the ones on the counter....because all the other ones had them preinstalled as shown in the pics BUT this one.

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 01-08-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Backside holdowns shipping priority mail to Diamond Bar, CA. today. Hell...they may get there before the cover being the method I am using to ship these should get there in 2-3 days.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Drifting

I got CF Cover #2 which came with the hold downs, but it looks like you already figured that out.
I would like some basic "Care & Feeding" instructions for Carbon Fiber, if you don't mind. In looking at the piece I bought, it appears the scratches are on the surface only and are not very deep at all. You mentioned waxing them---can I use the spray on type or should I get a paste type? Would a very fine polish like PlastX be appropriate?
I am very satisfied with the condition of the piece and want to make it look it's best. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by dwb993
I got CF Cover #2 which came with the hold downs, but it looks like you already figured that out.
I would like some basic "Care & Feeding" instructions for Carbon Fiber, if you don't mind. In looking at the piece I bought, it appears the scratches are on the surface only and are not very deep at all. You mentioned waxing them---can I use the spray on type or should I get a paste type? Would a very fine polish like PlastX be appropriate?
I am very satisfied with the condition of the piece and want to make it look it's best. Thanks.
Myself...I just used to toss some paste wax on it (I used pure carnuba type - was from a commercial supplier, Car Brite, in our area that services the dealerships. That tended to make them shine the best IMO...but I have never tried PlastX....so maybe it will work too? I would just stick with a good wax product. I have heard of some that will use a sealant AND a wax product...hang on...let me find an article on it.....Myself...I would just use wax. You will be suprised with what you CANT see once you install it. Being it is usually under a shadow of your hood....

Again...I would just use wax. BUT....here is an article on use of wax AND a sealer that you can try at your own risk. This is a hood article...but same principle applies to the part you have.

There are a few things you can do to help preserve the beautiful finish of your carbon fiber hood for years to come. Carbon fiber is at great risk for oxidation and Ultra Violet light damage. Without wax or sealant, there is very little to protect the gel coat over the carbon fabric.

We generally recommend using only a wax if you detail very regularly (usually every two weeks or so). The sealant is so much more durable and you can always layer a wax on top of it if desired. The Menzerna FMJ and the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 are also very good sealants. The Jetseal 109 is probably the most durable sealant. If you want even stronger protection and a deeper reflection I would layer a wax on top of the sealant. For carbon fiber we would probably recommend either the Blue Velvet or Purple Haze. The Dodo Juice waxes have been some of the most durable waxes we have used. They help make darker colors look extra glossy!

Old 01-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Drifting

Thanks, Mike.
I will go "Old School" and start with a good wax. If the scratches are still too bad (for me) I will try the PlastX. I used that to remove scratches from the kids Xbox disks and it worked very well.
I'll make sure you get pics when its done.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Still left as of right now:

Kumho V-710 slicks (4)
New OEM Radiator
Used OEM Radiator
OEM 3G TL Door Moulding Kit in WDP (forgot that on the last list)

2005 TL OEM Tail lights - 1 set
Right and Left OEM Radiator Fans
OEM Airbox/Intake
2005 OEM Automatic TL Suspension (standard...non a-spec)
2005 OEM Automatic TL Rear Sway Bar
And I think I have a few A-Spec Emblems also...still have to locate those. Everything else is in my hands in my kitchen ready to ship.
Bump for a great seller. He's still got lots of stuff left. Help this man get his garage back!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can wait to get it, tracking number i never got but dont worry about it. I know u sent it.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by CUCU28
Can wait to get it, tracking number i never got but dont worry about it. I know u sent it.
Ron A asked that I do not post tracking #'s in the thread. If you PM me what you bought and your name...I can PM it to you. I have them all sitting next to me right now in the office.

NOTE: I have discovered that this site is now using trader rating system that I need to leave feedback or ratings on. If you could...PM me what you purchased and your real name so I can match it up with a tracking # and I will immediately leave you the trader feedback rating. Would appreciate the same in return. Thanks guys! The biggest issue is putting real names with screen names....otherwise I could do it now! lol
Old 01-11-2010, 10:33 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Just looking at the system now...can somebody tell me how to leave trader feedback? lol I can see the system...but cant see anything that says...leave feedback or an input field. Damn...I feel dumb! lol
Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Just looking at the system now...can somebody tell me how to leave trader feedback? lol I can see the system...but cant see anything that says...leave feedback or an input field. Damn...I feel dumb! lol
See the Trader Ratings Information thread for more information on how to award ratings.

There is nothing to stop you from sending a PM with the tracking number when you receive it.

I'll back off what I said about posting tracking numbers. If anyone objects I can always remove it but it looks like I made too much of this and most people would like to see the tracking number in the thread.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Intermediate

No problem! Thank you!

Note...and I dont know if its you or somebody else without checking up front. I figured out last nite that I forgot to put the back side hold down pieces into the box with the carbon fiber cover as I mentioned in the thread. I will send them to you via priority mail today! I saw them on the counter last nite...and they HAD to be to that cover as thats the only one that didnt have them already installed on the part.

This is the cover....carbon fiber cover #3 - blemished

It was the one for $80. If you were the one who purchased this...rest assured if it doesnt have back side hold downs in the box....you will get another set via priority mail as something tells me they were the ones on the counter....because all the other ones had them preinstalled as shown in the pics BUT this one.
just got these ! looks lil bit more serious than the picture but still like them ! (still better than the stock ones...)
Well after I took off my stock ones, I realized I didnt get Backside holdowns yet ... well imma go clean them and stuff untill i get them... haha thanks ! its a great stuff !!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got the cover thank you again, i will fix it and use it thanx
Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by krnchunjae
I realized I didnt get Backside holdowns yet ... well imma go clean them and stuff untill i get them... haha thanks ! its a great stuff !!!
Hey....I mis-addressed the priority mail envelope and it came back to me yesterday. (thats what I get for hand addressing stuff damnit) I am resending it out today so it should be to you by wednesday latest. Sorry....totally my fault. I transcribed two #'s and it came back undeliverable. I double checked it this time....its all good! lol. It will show up in a big priority mail envelope so be looking for it!!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Guess what I found guys....

I was out in the garage yesterday trying to dig out a set of jumper cables to pick up a Honda Civic from a buddies house. Now you gotta understand the current condition of my garage...FUBAR'd! Stuff packed EVERYWHERE!

View from entrance into garage from house...

And....right behind the classic wheelhorse tractor my dad gave me that I plan to restore one of these days (the first tractor I drove when I was a kid to mow our families lawn....I was so excited way back when to be able to drive the tractor...lol...I know...dumb...but I was a kid..what can I say...and I still hang onto that tractor and those memories...still runs great too! - dont use it though as I have a large commercial walk behind)

Right behind this tractor here....guess what I think I see....

BUT ONE LAST CARBON FIBER ENGINE COVER! AND FROM WHAT I CAN SEE...IT LOOKS TO BE TOTALLY UNBLEMISHED!!!! Now from memory I remember now setting a cover on the hood of that tractor LONG ago to make sure it didnt get messed up - prior to much of the crap you see in there now) Well...my guess is it slipped off the hood at some point and fell behind the tractor! Good thing is....there is a large banner rolled up behind that tractor...so it never hit the floor! Its sitting on that banner!!! Meaning it should be free of damage!!

I have to get back to where its at. This is no easy task. lol But...I will post pics of it when I get to it. Will go out there today sometime and start to make my way back there and see what we have! But from sight....its a black carbon fiber Acura TL engine cover. I also made other models...but from what I can see...and the fact that it is even still there....leads me to believe its an Acura cover I was saving for some reason.

Sweet! So some lucky person may get the chance to get this bad boy if its what i think it is! I am recalling the cover I put on that hood back then now....and as I recall it was something I was going to use on my own car. So no doubt...I wouldnt keep something for use myself that wasnt exceptional. But we shall see when I get it out. Who knows....it may be a carbon fiber turd! lol

More later when I get to it!! Heading out now to start my way back to it.

And yes...I am chuckling to myself big time over this post. Talk about extraneous information....but good story and making me laugh this afternoon anyway! lol

Note...just rereading post...the black thing you see below the tractor is NOT the cover...thats an oil catch pan. Its behind all that stuff.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Intermediate

Hey....I mis-addressed the priority mail envelope and it came back to me yesterday. (thats what I get for hand addressing stuff damnit) I am resending it out today so it should be to you by wednesday latest. Sorry....totally my fault. I transcribed two #'s and it came back undeliverable. I double checked it this time....its all good! lol. It will show up in a big priority mail envelope so be looking for it!!

not here yet...
Old 01-23-2010, 10:52 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

not here yet...
No shit? Dayum! I will check the tracking # Monday as its sitting in my office. I sent it USPS Priority mail and made the label with a computer this time so I didnt screw it up...remember that I even wrote the contents on the mailer so there wouldnt be any question about the "lump" in the mailer....lol. If they get lost...no biggie...I will just go the the autoparts store and buy more and resend em out to you via UPS if USPS cant seem to get em to you. As I recall...you were west coast...which usually takes a bit of extra time...but shipments usually only takes one additional day to west cost via PM.

Now remember that you are going to have to drill out the holes the mounts go into also. You will recognize the places that need drilled (and its easy as hell to do) as they are small dimples or indentations at the spot. The hold downs are friction based into the rubber grommets at the rear. To find the small indents....hold it to the light so it reflects off the top surface and you will see two small indents in the finish just outside the open area in the middle (we made the mold that way so you could easily ID them without test fit). If you need an estimate of where they are....lay the cover on the engine and see where the rubber grommets hit it underneath...use a wax pencil or something similar to mark it on the top of the cover (candle will work for that and wipes off clean...lol) and take it back inside or to where you can see the top clearly and reflections. In the area you marked you should see one small indent on each side...place your bit right in the middle of it and drill. Push your mounts through the hole and you are golden.

Will check monday and get back to you regarding whats up. As I said...the tracking #'s are in my office across town.

Only tip...let the drill do the work. Dont push overly hard. Should come out very clean then!!

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 01-23-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Intermediate

No shit? Dayum! I will check the tracking # Monday as its sitting in my office. I sent it USPS Priority mail and made the label with a computer this time so I didnt screw it up...remember that I even wrote the contents on the mailer so there wouldnt be any question about the "lump" in the mailer....lol. If they get lost...no biggie...I will just go the the autoparts store and buy more and resend em out to you via UPS if USPS cant seem to get em to you. As I recall...you were west coast...which usually takes a bit of extra time...but shipments usually only takes one additional day to west cost via PM.

Now remember that you are going to have to drill out the holes the mounts go into also. You will recognize the places that need drilled (and its easy as hell to do) as they are small dimples or indentations at the spot. The hold downs are friction based into the rubber grommets at the rear. To find the small indents....hold it to the light so it reflects off the top surface and you will see two small indents in the finish just outside the open area in the middle (we made the mold that way so you could easily ID them without test fit). If you need an estimate of where they are....lay the cover on the engine and see where the rubber grommets hit it underneath...use a wax pencil or something similar to mark it on the top of the cover (candle will work for that and wipes off clean...lol) and take it back inside or to where you can see the top clearly and reflections. In the area you marked you should see one small indent on each side...place your bit right in the middle of it and drill. Push your mounts through the hole and you are golden.

Will check monday and get back to you regarding whats up. As I said...the tracking #'s are in my office across town.

Only tip...let the drill do the work. Dont push overly hard. Should come out very clean then!!

thanks man, i'll try but still kinda afraid bc im not really a car guy => newbie
Old 01-24-2010, 02:48 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Dibs on new found engine cover! Depending on price and condition!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Btw my garage looks like yours. Need to put my stuff on the black market already lol
Old 01-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Do I have to call dibs or something? You emailed me about the cover once you found it because I wanted the #4 cover and it was sold 15 minutes before I sent my money. Depending on price and such..
Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Sorry guys....I got buried at work here in paperwork. It is sitting on my kitchen table now and I will get pics of it today and posted. My fault totally there.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

thanks man, i'll try but still kinda afraid bc im not really a car guy => newbie
Hey...its REALLY easy! You shouldnt have any difficulties at all.

Tell you how I did it on my first one when I was afraid I was going to mess it up....I put a dab of oil on the top of the rubber grommets at the rear and used that to mark the spot on the bottom side of the cover. What you will find is thats exactly where the dimples are on the top when you look at it and turn it over again.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
so who gets dibs on the last one?
who emailed you about it first? (or the first one that didnt get a engine cover?)
Old 01-28-2010, 05:02 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by iodprod
so who gets dibs on the last one?
who emailed you about it first? (or the first one that didnt get a engine cover?)
I have absolutely no idea...seriously. I have been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking competition the past two or three weeks.

I brought the cover into the office with me this morning, along with my digital cam to get the pics...and literally dont have time at the moment to do it. I will get some pics before I leave - take the camera home with me - and upload em from there. I am getting caught up at the moment...so I should have some time to accomplish some things now! I found a shitload more Acura stuff at the same time that I need to get posted too...perhaps this weekend given its so cold here.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:14 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Note...my PM box is currently full. I will try to get on that issue...so if you try to PM me and cant get through...hang in there! I know its full and will weed it out ASAP.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:18 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Ok guys...got pics and it and they are downloading to my pc as I write this. The pics of the CF cover will be on here shortly.

$165 delivered. AckTL has first dibs on it as he got duped out of the last cover by someone else paying for it minutes before he was about to send payment. But at the same time....I cannot wait for a LONG time for this to happen as I not only need to make space...I need the money right now to get me through to end of month.

Also will upload pics of the unmounted slicks for you drag racers.

$300 a set of two delivered. $1200 set of 4 tires was the cost brand new....and these have WAY over half life left in em!

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 01-29-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I need a car in

how much for the oem intake?

Quick Reply: 3G TL Parts/Accessories Garage Sale (2005)