Cool 19" WORK Schwert SC1 MSP 2-Piece Wheels+Nitto NT555 3GTL

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $1999
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): TL 3G
Location (State/Prov/Terr): CT
Item Condition: Used

Hello everyone,

I’ve finally come around to let go of my beloved set of WORK wheels. I held on as long as I could and I’m still having a hard time letting go of them. These are the best wheels I’ve ever owned. Perfect stance, thick lips, sitting flush.

$1999 local pickup.

Ready to ship for $150 extra.

***I know people like to look at just the pictures but please READ before asking questions, most of your answers will be detailed below. This thread is highly detailed and pic heavy.***

Here are pics of them on my car:

This is a set of four 19” Work Schwert SC1 2 piece wheels for sale. These wheels were special ordered MSP (Machined Silver Polish) finish and have silver painted windows and a deep dish “full reverse” polished lip. The wheels are shod on Nitto NT555 Extreme High Performance tires. This is a staggered setup that gives the vehicle a sporty and thick stance. It was used on a 3rd generation Acura TL. Although these wheels will work on other vehicles, it was spec’d out specifically for a tight and flush fitment on this vehicle. These WILL require a fender rolling, especially if you are lowered like I am. Clearance will be VERY tight with minimal rub if you set your suspension height just right like I did. The tires are mildly-moderately stretched. These wheels will require conical taper seat lug nuts. There are NO TPMS inside the wheels.

The wheel specs are:

Front Wheels Size: 19” x 9.5” Offset: +32 Disk: “O-disk”Lip: 3.5" PCD: 5x114.3
Rear WheelsSize: 19” x 10”Offset: +30 Disk: “O-disk”Lip: 4" PCD: 5x114.3
TiresNitto NT555 - 235/35/ZR19 (on all 4 wheels)

MSRP:
+Wheels- $680 x 2 for 9.5" front wheels + $700 x 2 for 10" rear wheels [$2760]
+Finish- $100 x 4 for Machined Silver Polish option [$400]
+Accessories such as centercaps, WORK valvestems, etc.
+Tires- Nitto NT555 - 235/35/ZR19 [~$650]
+Shipping & Installation [~$200]

Pics of the wheels themselves:

WORK wheels are among the most sought after Japanese brand of wheels and one of the top manufacturers of wheels in the world. The 2-piece Modular Construction is crafted into a VIP style 10-spoke wheel that is described as "Modernes Exotische" and allows for a “full reverse” outer rim design. All WORK wheels are made from the richest alloy aluminum. With every attention to detail from start of production to the last step, you can be sure quality is what you are getting when purchasing these wheels.These are “made to order” wheels that took 4.5 months to arrive from Japan. The Schwert line is considered an “upgrade” from the very popular Varianza line of wheels that are more common out there. These very rare and unique wheels are now out of production. These are genuine WORK wheels and the real deal. Personally I’ve never seen another set of wheels in this exact spec/finish. This is the very ultimate spec/finish for Schwert SC1 that you could ask for, the stance is just perfect. Deep dish, VIP style and suits the lines of the 3GTL just right. These wheels will probably look best on a vehicle with a full bodykit and drop. This is the exact set of wheels that have been shown off at car shows, won trophies and been featured in Hellaflush. These head-turning wheels have NEVER ceased to garner attention and countless compliments wherever I’ve gone. Timeless and just gorgeous!

The MSP finish is what totally sets it off. This was an extra cost option. It’s far superior and classier than a chrome finish yet less boring than standard painted wheels. The machined finish is protected by a thick, high-quality clear coat layer. It catches the light and gleams, especially off the lights at night. It doesn’t matter what color your car is, this finish will work with ANY color that you have! The inner barrels of the wheels are also polished, showing off the depth of the wheel, and reflecting light in a beautiful way. The spokes are painted metallic silver with clear coat. This lends a bright finish to the wheel, and gives a more substantial and strong profile to the spokes. It is far superior and unique compared to the standard black painted spokes you see on the standard Schwert SC1s you see out there. The 2-piece design is what WORK calls “O-disk” meaning that it is a “deep rim” barrel and the 10-spoke design is flat. These wheels also feature beautiful centercaps and high quality multipiece 90-degree LONG steel air stems with branded valve stem caps.

As mentioned, the tires are mildly/moderately stretched. Contrary to popular opinion there has been no detriment to handling or safety because of it. Nitto NT555s are ideal tires for stretching because they have a rim guard and reinforced sidewalls. They give an ideal balance of grippy performance handling, decent rain performance and acceptable smooth ride comfort. There is some camber wear to the inner edge of the tires because the car is lowered. The outer edge is virtually unworn. The tires are only 2 years old and driven only about 10k miles and have about 8/32nd of tread left. Although this is a staggered set the 4 tires are actually of the SAME size. Ordinarily all 4 tire positions would be unique and non-interchangeable. But the advantage in this case is that all 4 tires can be dismounted and rotated in order to evenly wear them out. It is recommended that in the near future the tires be flipped to get the full life out of them.

These wheels were my summer set of wheels and I’ve always used another set of wheels for the winter. They were used only half the year every year I’ve owned them and stored in a climate controlled environment. My vehicle has NEVER parked outside and has always been garaged. Therefore these wheels have NEVER seen any snow or salty roads. As a matter of fact I’m so careful that I hardly even drive this car in the rain! No more than 2-3x a year. The car was ALWAYS carefully and gently driven and these wheels were always kept obsessively cleaned and detailed. Only some people are crazy enough to secure their wheels with FIVE sets of wheel locks!

Here are pics of the wheels on NBP. As most of you may know I bought these wheels from another member who owned them for just a few weeks before I bought them. I recognized the rare opportunity and jumped on them and bought them just hours after he put them on sale. No regrets and BEST mod I ever did to my car. All picture credits to ballinfizzle89:

Even with all that care there are some minor cosmetic flaws on the wheels from normal usage. There is some minor curb rash on 2 of the wheels as shown in the pictures. There is a small bend in the right front wheel. This has been there for a long time and the reason it wasn’t repaired is because there have been absolutely no effects from it. It rides straight, there is no vibration from it because it the wheel weights have been adjusted to compensate and it doesn’t leak air. Another rim had some curb rash that was recently repaired and it is in perfect condition.

Here are pics of the flaws:

As mentioned, the original value of this set was over $4000! I am sacrificing this set for just $2100 for all 4 wheels + tires. These wheels are ready to bolt on.

I am looking to sell this as a complete set of 4 ONLY please. I will NOT be parting out the tires at this time. I know these fit the 3GTL but I can't comment for sure whether or not they will fit other cars. Please do your own research! The wheels are located near Danbury CT. (1.5hrs north of NYC) Please contact me to come and check them out.

At this time this sale is local pickup, no shipping please. I can deliver the wheels to your door to SELECT areas of NYC/Westchester County/CT area for an additional $100 non-refundable PayPal deposit. The deposit is ONLY refundable if you cancel up to 24hrs prior to delivery. No trades. No dreamers. I’d appreciate the respect of keeping this thread clean of sarcastic comments and let the serious buyers do the talking. Thanks for looking!

Old 09-11-2017, 10:46 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Local Pickup location update: ROCKWALL, TX 75032
Shipping option now open: CONUS +$150 using PayPal gift
Old 09-12-2017, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
Local Pickup location update: ROCKWALL, TX 75032
Shipping option now open: CONUS +$150 using PayPal gift
I'm not implying anything, just informing that paypal payments made as a gift or sent as a friend will not allow you to make any claims, if necessary, since there are no items/parts involved. Insurance and tracking numbers are suggested.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:56 AM
King of NYC

Price drop to $1999 local pickup.

Ready to ship for $150 extra.

Will be insured and tracked no problem.

mod edit-updated
Old 01-17-2018, 11:36 PM
King of NYC

bump
Old 02-17-2018, 05:39 PM