Avoid Kingston (Ontario) Acura

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 04:51 PM
CGO
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Avoid Kingston (Ontario) Acura

Purchased 2012 TL sh-awd 6 years ago. Purchase experience was ok. Initial service experience was OK but very expensive. Transmission issues 2 years later were apparently a non issue as everything was in spec. Finally, my mechanic (not Acura) found a tech bulletin which I took to Kingston Acura. Ah must be new.... Lol as it was dated 12 months prior. I never went back for service.

Purchased 2019 RDX platinum elite with trailer hitch. They ordered the wrong hitch.

1 week later took car back in to get hitch on at 9am. 3pm ... We thought we'd get the missing parts earlier today but not.

1 week later another appointment for 9am. They extended to next day because of labour issues, apparently. Noon next day acuralink showed car still hadn't moved from its initial parking space. I dropped by to ask what is going on. I whoops. 5pm 2nd day hitch installed but they can't figure out why foot activated tailgate no longer works. I'm picking the car up tomorrow and never going back. I'll visit a Mississauga dealer I've had good experience with in the near future.

Beware of any Acura dealership piggy-backing on a Honda dealership for service.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:04 PM
CGO
Advanced

And ... Beware Kingston Acura!
Old 07-17-2018, 05:45 PM
CGO
Advanced

Kingston Honda that does the Kingston Acura service also never could service my wife's 2000 and 2005 Accords. She is now a happy 2016 Subaru Legacy owner with great service.