Cameras & Photography Because there aren't already enough ways to share photos...

Adobe buys RawShooter Engine

Old 06-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adobe buys RawShooter Engine

Interesting.... To be honest, I was never really happy with the results I got out of RawShooter Essentials but that may have just been my lack of experience with it.

Adobe Acquires Technology Assets of Pixmantec ApS

SAN JOSE, Calif. — June 26, 2006 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced it has acquired the technology assets of Pixmantec ApS, makers of digital imaging software that provides advanced workflow management and processing capabilities for digital camera raw files. The acquisition strengthens Adobe's leadership position in raw processing.

"With high quality digital cameras now within reach of every photographer, customers are gravitating to raw file formats that allow them to get more control over final results," said John Loiacono, senior vice president of Creative Solutions at Adobe. "By combining Pixmantec's raw processing technology and expertise with our own, we're continuing to deliver on the promise that even your existing raw files can be processed with increasing quality as our software technology evolves."

...Adobe plans to integrate Pixmantec raw processing technologies into Lightroom™ and wherever customers will be working with raw files.
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...Pixmantec.html
Old 06-26-2006, 07:42 PM
pdp
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love rawshooter. i probably fire it up more often than i do phaseone.
still not fond of adobe's raw conversions though so i hope with both teams together
it's improves that tad bit to warrant an adobe price tag