Official All-Cali Acura Meet 2009 Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:34 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Great meet, excellent turnout and a good time. Big props to Rodger, his family and the other members that made things happen. I think we all need to send a special shout out agai to Rogers family because without their help lots of things would not have happened.
Last but not least thanks to the sponsors and all of you that showed up.

Was it perfect, no but very close. I think it made it to 107 degrees but nobody fainted. We had a great big shady spot with fans and misters. There were no beefs that I saw or heard about. No trouble with the cops or any bad actors. Everyone got to eat, talk and look at some nice rides. And there were lots and lots of cool people from all over the state. Like I said, not perect but close. Look forward to seeing all but one of you again.

I left the dealership @ about 8:00 PM. A small group were finishing the photo session.

But.....

Mike
Old 07-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Kang Ho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChicoOG
Just got home from my 4.5 hour drive...it was worth every mile driven.

This was by far the largest attended acura meet I've attended...over 140 Acura's. A lot of real nice rides and great people. Having the sponsors, awesome free BBQ, Refreshments, and snacks; a great raffle with some awesome prizes (really wanted those slotted rotors), the "Acura" girls, t-shirts, window stickers, a DJ...what the hell do you want for a $5 park admission fee? If you had a suck ass time, that's on you, there was ton's to do and ton's of people to talk to, and ton's of rides to check out.

Also, thanks to Trio, his mom (who slaved over the BBQ), his son who helped out, and everyone else who kicked in...you guys did a great job

The only suggestion I'd make for next year, have people sign-up if they are interested in competing for one of the "Best of Show" awards (another great idea!!) I didn't know who the judges where and they never listened to or checked out my system. No disrespect to the guy who won "Best Audio System", but in a true competition I would have kicked your ass By the way, you're car is incredible, all the detail work in the engine compartment is inspiring.

I will definitely attend the next Acurafest...well worth the travel
Great, great job!!!
Dang, you didnt get to rumble with your system Chico? Bummer...
Old 07-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Euro925
youre a fucking asshole. how the fuck did you get in with only 3 dollars? you had to pay 5 to get in. no wonder you didnt have fun, you cheap skate.

what? it was the first all cali ive gone to and i thought it was a pretty good meet. i enjoyed it a lot. i met a lot of cool people and i actually look forward to next year. sorry you missed out.
A couple of things listed in the 1boringlife post indicate that he's local to the area. 1) He refers to the Acura dealer as University rather than Fresno Acura - their old name. 2) Fresno residents get into the park for $3.

Either he's not an Acurazine member or he doesn't have the balls to post under his original screen name. It's easy to criticize things when you have no "skin in the game". I challenge 1boringlife to try and organizing something better or to get involved in the event and provide constructive ideas "before" the event.

BTW - how do I get my 3 minutes back wasted on the asswipe???
Old 07-18-2009, 11:44 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gfrg88
need pix of new wheels

Front

Rear

Sorry didn't get the whole car but it looks better in person than the pictures that I always see online.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Helladump/flush

Awesome meet and a great turnout. The only thing that sucked was the heat.

Congrats to everyone that won trophies, So Cal represented hard...

Caravan there and back were both fun. Sorry Chad and Chris for abandoning you on the freeway, we had to split and help out Josh with his car...

Ill post up pics either tonight or tomorrow...

BTW, did anyone find some keys with a blue hook and an albertsons card on it? I can seem to find my keys...
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
We (only 4 1st gen TL's were there) and we had no proper parking spot. We were all parked in every other parking spot. I don't think so if anyone even noticed us. Thats all. No offence. It sure was a nice day and props to Roger for such a great job organizing this meet.
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SupaRookie
Dang, you didnt get to rumble with your system Chico? Bummer...
I had plenty of people listen, just not the right ones...if I knew I needed the Acura Girls to check it out, I would have had them in there in a heart beat Even so, it was a great meet...just wanted the trophy
Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 PM
slow tl..

So who won that challenge thing?? Socal or Norcal???

Hopefully Socal rep'd harder!!
Old 07-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
NorCal I guess.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:49 PM
slow tl..

Originally Posted by HONgDA

Front

Rear

Sorry didn't get the whole car but it looks better in person than the pictures that I always see online.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gfrg88
Wait, you didn't win best wheel fitment?!? How's that?? You have like fucking 10" wide ass wheels on there!!!

Who won??
my boy sean, its okay i helped with the decisions for him to get them or not.

and its a 10.5
Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
lol ur fitment > mine

I still got work to do, but Im keeping the trophy
Old 07-18-2009, 11:50 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Did they judge the sound system based on sound quality or looks?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:51 PM
slow tl..

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
my boy sean, its okay i helped with the decisions for him to get them or not.

and its a 10.5

Old 07-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Drifting

The only suggestion I'd make for next year, have people sign-up if they are interested in competing for one of the "Best of Show" awards (another great idea!!) I didn't know who the judges where and they never listened to or checked out my system. No disrespect to the guy who won "Best Audio System", but in a true competition I would have kicked your ass By the way, you're car is incredible, all the detail work in the engine compartment is inspiring.

I will definitely attend the next Acurafest...well worth the travel
Great, great job!!!
im pissed i didnt get a chance to listen to your system! maybe next year!
Originally Posted by MR1
No trouble with the cops or any bad actors.
there was that douche in the white fit trying to drift his fwd towards the end of the meet, but no cops came
Originally Posted by Allout
A couple of things listed in the 1boringlife post indicate that he's local to the area. 1) He refers to the Acura dealer as University rather than Fresno Acura - their old name. 2) Fresno residents get into the park for $3.

Either he's not an Acurazine member or he doesn't have the balls to post under his original screen name. It's easy to criticize things when you have no "skin in the game". I challenge 1boringlife to try and organizing something better or to get involved in the event and provide constructive ideas "before" the event.

BTW - how do I get my 3 minutes back wasted on the asswipe???
oh. well im sorry. i dont know why this guy is complaining if he lives right down the street. not like he came from san diego.
Originally Posted by tmnhs81
We (only 4 1st gen TL's were there) and we had no proper parking spot. We were all parked in every other parking spot. I don't think so if anyone even noticed us. Thats all. No offence. It sure was a nice day and props to Roger for such a great job organizing this meet.
haha there were only 3 1st gen CLs.
I had plenty of people listen, just not the right ones...if I knew I needed the Acura Girls to check it out, I would have had them in there in a heart beat Even so, it was a great meet...just wanted the trophy
haha the acura girls...
and youre too competitive lol
Old 07-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Blown is Best

Kudos to Roger and his very gracious family for everything

And thanks to the Socal caravan, Norcal caravan, and Sactown caravan for making the drive over. Lots of great looking rides representing your areas. Appreciate everyone tollerating the weather and supporting this event.

To Roger and crew - great job on organizing a first rate event!

Many thanks to Thianna (sp) and Fresno Acura for their support of the event and for the use of her dealership.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:54 PM
slow tl..

pics damnit!!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 11:59 PM
My username is lame

great meet. Props to Roger and mike setting this up. Great sponsors, great prizes. although i didnt win but it was still good

Originally Posted by grenas17
Awesome meet and a great turnout. The only thing that sucked was the heat.

Congrats to everyone that won trophies, So Cal represented hard...

Caravan there and back were both fun. Sorry Chad and Chris for abandoning you on the freeway, we had to split and help out Josh with his car...

Ill post up pics either tonight or tomorrow...

BTW, did anyone find some keys with a blue hook and an albertsons card on it? I can seem to find my keys...
what happened to josh's car?
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
u must be from hondatech because this forum is the most inviting forum that i'm a member of. we don't care if u drive a 69 stang or a e30 bimmer. we don't care if u're stock or have $50k in sponsorships. because at the end of the day, we're all enthusiasts and that's all that matters.

if u want to bitch and talk crap, go back to HT because this forum is not for idiots like u. if u expected Import Tuner, go to that fagshit. Because this meet was to hang out and have fun, and maybe learn something. grow a brain, u call urself a father?

idiotshitwhore
I couldn't agree more Philip. I too welcome any car and any person with an interest. Enthusiast is the key word and it knows no boundries.
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
great meet everyone and yes. NORCAL repped harder! plus we got some great prizes from it as well heh. Free cusco strut for my 2g cl woot
Old 07-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HONgDA
Did they judge the sound system based on sound quality or looks?
Could be looks, his was shinier and sparklier....not that I'm a sore losser or anything Having just won a pretty competitive Iasca event a couple weeks earlier, I had high hopes...but, this was more for fun then anything...I'm doing group/forum therapy so I can get over it
Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ChineseGuyinthe415
great meet everyone and yes. NORCAL repped harder! plus we got some great prizes from it as well heh. Free cusco strut for my 2g cl woot
haha. did you only have one ticket?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
But who has more dbeeeez!?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Blown is Best

I gotta give it to Socal on their arrival though. They all rolled in together and made a nice entrance
Old 07-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Racer

haha. did you only have one ticket?
lol yea. I just put in the ticket they gave me for "Most norcal people showing up" HELLLLA lucky lol. I knew a couple other guys that wanted that cusco bar also haha. Right when roger got to that box I was just hoping for my number and it did
Old 07-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Drifting

lol yea. I just put in the ticket they gave me for "Most norcal people showing up" HELLLLA lucky lol. I knew a couple other guys that wanted that cusco bar also haha. Right when roger got to that box I was just hoping for my number and it did
haha thats good luck. bryan bought ten tickets, but he ended up getting it also.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:09 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

youre a fucking asshole. how the fuck did you get in with only 3 dollars? you had to pay 5 to get in. no wonder you didnt have fun, you cheap skate.
Fresno resident pays $3. I don't mind paying the $5 park entrance but I felt we should have been given a heads up prior.

Oh well, thank you Roger, Mike, Fresno Acura, sponsors, Acurazine members and anyone that made this meet possible.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Racer

haha righttt???? damn he REALLY wanted that cusco bar lol. At least it wasnt like that other guy that bought 60 tickets or whatever. A little excessive but still worth it considering all the stuff he won. Oh and the other dude that got the h&r springs and something else also
Old 07-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Drifting

haha righttt???? damn he REALLY wanted that cusco bar lol. At least it wasnt like that other guy that bought 60 tickets or whatever. A little excessive but still worth it considering all the stuff he won. Oh and the other dude that got the h&r springs and something else also
haha yeah. your chances were really good at winning sometthing if you bought more tickets (which were worth it), but i didnt really want anything else other than a pair of socks.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man, I thought those Acura girls were going to be the trophies.....
Old 07-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Pro

i won socks.. and a detail kit and something for a 3G tl but hes gonna give me a cusco strut bar instead. haha
Old 07-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by desired_speeds
or a raffle prize.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:20 AM
OM NOM NOM NOM

Hm, so i'm guessing the guy who's posting shit must be the dude with the integra.
One of the forum dudes (not gonna mention names, you know who you are) was telling me about some dudes that rolled in with an integra complaining about how fucking lame the meet was cuz all the cars were tl's and cl's and tsx'es. He was talking so much about our acuras like his integra is the shit, and was complaining about how bad the meet was and how it's so stupid no other integras were there and such.

This is prolly the reason why we dont have an integra forum. Most of the drivers are youngins, who usually are, sadly, immauturely stupid. I'm not dissing the older ones though, you guys are cool, and i'm sorry the youngins fucked up your chances of getting a forum.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Kang Ho

Originally Posted by Allout
I gotta give it to Socal on their arrival though. They all rolled in together and made a nice entrance
norcal got split up like twice, ahahhaah. We almost got lost at the very end.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by desired_speeds

FWIW...
At least one and probably both of them are the daughter(s) of the owner of Fresno Acura.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by SupaRookie
norcal got split up like twice, ahahhaah. We almost got lost at the very end.
haha yeah. i couldnt exit cause i got blocked off and ended up fucking up my exhaust. =(
Old 07-19-2009, 12:27 AM
OM NOM NOM NOM

What are you talking about man... we did get lost at the very end. LOL Half the guys rolled in from another road. We just luckily got stuck at the front entrance where we Paid the admissions and landed up all together again lol
Old 07-19-2009, 12:27 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

You should've given the NorCal caravan a preview of the system when you arrived at Home Depot. I was covering my ears when you drive by.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:31 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

haha yeah. your chances were really good at winning sometthing if you bought more tickets (which were worth it), but i didnt really want anything else other than a pair of socks.
Are you sure? You wanted the Acura backpack badly!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Kang Ho

Originally Posted by heyitsvu
What are you talking about man... we did get lost at the very end. LOL Half the guys rolled in from another road. We just luckily got stuck at the front entrance where we Paid the admissions and landed up all together again lol
when I said "we", I meant it as the group of 7 or so cars that follow clint...ahaha. one of the 1G TL couldnt catch up and got us lost so I had to kick it up a notch.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 AM

Damn Sean Nice wheels man oh well things happen for a reason If I would have gone my mom probably would have died cause she had a bad time breathing and we rushed her to the hospital,but I just picked her up and she is fine apperently we didnt know she had asmah.

on another note cant wait for the pics

Quick Reply: Official All-Cali Acura Meet 2009 Roll Call!