Craigslist sale gone wrong d:

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Y'all are brutal. We all live and learn.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dnguyen92
So I sold my 97 CL on craigslist. And for you bay area people, if you know who Lil B is, that was my client.(yeah the no-flow rapper who has an army of idiots for fans) He made me take 4 hours out of my freaking day to look at the car and drive it around and I even risked myself by following him to a different location to get money for the car. I placed a new tranny and motor in the summer of '12 and also fixed the vtec solenoid a month or so ago. The car drives great and he even said it drove well when we test drove it. I constantly reminded him that if he wasn't comfortable with the car, then we didn't have to make a sale. But he finally made his decision and purchased the car, leaving me to take bart home from concord all the way to Hayward with a wad of cash on me.
I get a call the next day from him saying that he wants a refund because when he started to drive it a check engine light came on. -_- I sold the car perfectly fine and he's saying that he'll give the car back in the same condition as I sold it to him. As far as I'm concerned, whether it's listed or not, all sales on craigslist are final and are conducted with no refunds unless it's stated. But in the time I didn't respond to him, he started harassing me with texts saying i f*cked him over and that he's gonna call the police and make it a legal matter. I've been stressing like crazy and I can't even do my work since it's finals week. We're talking about a guy who holds guns in his music videos sometimes. I could either take the car back and give him his money, not knowing what he did to the car or I can keep the money and see where that goes.. I'm confused on what to do and I'm upset that a craigslist sale went so wrong. I just wanted to sell the car and not have any problems but now I'm afraid he'll do something since he has my pink slip that has my address on it. And maybe not even him, he could like send one of his posse or something to my house. Opinions?
I know I'm a little late but I wanted to drop some knowledge for you/anyone in the future who has this issue:

Selling a used car is an AS IS sale and doesn't require you writing it out on paper for it to be designated as such. The only burden of proof/doubt lies in:

Did you knowingly sell him a faulty car with known defects?
If no, and you can prove this (if it came to a court battle) you're fine.

Next time in the future think twice who you sell your personal property to:
especially when the what if (like what just happened) CAN and did happen.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:07 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sold as is.