From Vtec.net: 04 GS430....oh

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you think they work for free?
Sigh, let me explain, they have their trained mechanics doing warrentied work, instead of investing that man-power elsewhere, like scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance etc. So it pushes times back, pisses customers off, you got tired mechanics doing shit that should not have been a problem in the first place. Warrientied work= money the dealer eats (labor) and money the manufacturer eats (reimbursing for labor, parts etc).

Though looking at their books, they make most all their money (like most dealerships) repairing cars, not selling them
I drive a G35 sedan and also work for Infiniti.
Clearly one of the reasons Infiniti is playing 12 years of catch up.......
Old 01-09-2004, 01:46 PM
has been here awhile

So...how about that new GS?
Old 01-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Justin, his name is Paul Tully, and here is the website:

http://www.barancoacura.com/
Old 01-09-2004, 02:31 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by phile
Justin, his name is Paul Tully, and here is the website:

http://www.barancoacura.com/
I just went through their new car inventory and all they have is 6 MDX's which is kind of unusual because thats a high number. 2 TL's and 3 RL's. They don't have even 1 RSX in stock? No wonder RSX sales are down.

No TSX's is less surprising
Old 01-09-2004, 04:06 PM

I think the Nalley Acura here is the volume leader. Baranco Acura has always had a very small lot in comparison. And many dealer websites suck, like theirs. There are more cars on that lot just by looking when you drive by........
Old 01-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

"it as not upto par with 3 series or G35 performance/driving wise so its nowhere near the Eclass or 5 series.."

So are you saying the 5-series and E-class are better performing and driving cars than the 3-series? Are you SURE you're back? :-)

The TL can easily be compared to anything (including the 5-series) - the question is: what is the person doing the comparing actually comparing; what is important to the person doing the comparing. Is it speed? Handling? Safety? Prestige? Value?

The most common thing to compare are cars in the same price range, no matter what their other qualities.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

Overall Exterior looks like Maxima.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

"Sigh, let me explain, they have their trained mechanics doing warrentied work, instead of investing that man-power elsewhere, like scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance etc. So it "pushes times back, pisses customers off, you got tired mechanics doing shit that should not have been a problem in the first place. Warrientied work= money the dealer eats (labor) and money the manufacturer eats (reimbursing for labor, parts etc).

Though looking at their books, they make most all their money (like most dealerships) repairing cars, not selling them"

At the dealer where I work the dealership makes more money on warranty work than any other type of work, including the mechanics.

"I think the Nalley Acura here is the volume leader. Baranco Acura has always had a very small lot in comparison. And many dealer websites suck, like theirs. There are more cars on that lot just by looking when you drive by........"

I have to agree with him on this one our dealers web site sucks too.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

If you would all refer to this months issue of Consumers Guide
they have rated the car better than a couple of those cars your talking about in this thread.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Advanced

I don't know why you guys think this car competes with the TL - it's completely out of its price range. The ES and IS compete with the TL... come on guys. Oh and, the interior is one of the best I've seen.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Vans
I don't know why you guys think this car competes with the TL - it's completely out of its price range. The ES and IS compete with the TL... come on guys. Oh and, the interior is one of the best I've seen.
That's simply not true. The 5 series is a very broad range of cars (all overpriced) that start at $40K and climb up to around $60K. So which cars it is competing with depends on which model 5 series you are talking about. You'd have to be an idiot, for example, to spend $40K on a base 5 instead of a loaded TL.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by tsx-mdxman
That's simply not true. The 5 series is a very broad range of cars (all overpriced) that start at $40K and climb up to around $60K. So which cars it is competing with depends on which model 5 series you are talking about. You'd have to be an idiot, for example, to spend $40K on a base 5 instead of a loaded TL.
some people dont like torque steer, weak brakes and mediocore handling and be known to drive a poorman's lexus a loaded car that is no fun to drive is not everybody's cup of tea.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by vitocorleone
"it as not upto par with 3 series or G35 performance/driving wise so its nowhere near the Eclass or 5 series.."

So are you saying the 5-series and E-class are better performing and driving cars than the 3-series? Are you SURE you're back? :-)

The TL can easily be compared to anything (including the 5-series) - the question is: what is the person doing the comparing actually comparing; what is important to the person doing the comparing. Is it speed? Handling? Safety? Prestige? Value?

The most common thing to compare are cars in the same price range, no matter what their other qualities.
of course i'm back..i would only not be myself if i said a FWD car with weak brakes and sloppy handling can compete with even a base GS, E class or 5 series....besides... the new e-class are nice cars and the 5 series is the benchmark for RWD sedans..the 3 series is the benchmark for compact/entry sportsedans... i mean... a M5 or E55 i would take over a M3
Old 01-12-2004, 04:05 PM

You'd have to be an idiot, for example, to spend $40K on a base 5 instead of a loaded TL.
Debateable. I don' think they are idiots though. Trade-offs bub.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Teh ?

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Yea, the 5 series has ALOT of pluses that the TL lacks.

Think of it this way...
BMW 5 series is totally renewed with every model change. This means that the chassis isn't borrowed or continued from the older model, all the design aspects are renewed, etc.

The TL, on the other hand, borrows parts and pieces from all of it's Honda/Acura siblings, with minimal creation of totally new parts.

Hence, the huge difference in cost between certain models like the 5 series and the TL. Someone once told me that buying the last generation Mustang is like buying a car from the 80's since the chassis has been carried over for that long. Both cars accomplish what they set out to do... 5 series = to be the best performance sedan on the market... TL = balance of performance and value (being skewed towards value).

Junkster, who can't deny the 5 series performance.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Racer

Everything can be debated. But check out how little you get on a base 525i that costs $40K (yes, $40K! that is, until BMW has to start giving them away). You don't get much in the way of luxury or sport, all that stuff costs extra (go to the website and check yourself). The 525 is a joke and don't think other drivers can't tell. The 530 less so but for $50K, it has to be better! I'll take a TL over one of those any day and I know I'm not alone.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Racer

Originally posted by gilboman
of course i'm back..i would only not be myself if i said a FWD car with weak brakes and sloppy handling can compete with even a base GS, E class or 5 series....besides... the new e-class are nice cars and the 5 series is the benchmark for RWD sedans..the 3 series is the benchmark for compact/entry sportsedans... i mean... a M5 or E55 i would take over a M3
Fyi, the 330 got 0.83 g's on CD's skidpad, vice 0.81 for the TL. Now I doubt YOU could tell the difference. Maybe if you owned a real sports sedan with strikingly superior performance, then you could throw out some put downs.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:55 PM

Everything can be debated. But check out how little you get on a base 525i that costs $40K (yes, $40K! that is, until BMW has to start giving them away). You don't get much in the way of luxury or sport, all that stuff costs extra (go to the website and check yourself). The 525 is a joke and don't think other drivers can't tell. The 530 less so but for $50K, it has to be better! I'll take a TL over one of those any day and I know I'm not alone.
Your missing some of the point of buying a luxury car. It's panache and brand and letting people know you've arrived. Silly, yes, but that is part of why people pay so much for cars.

While the valet parks that silly 525 in the front, the TL gets parked in the back. People ask the person about the BMW, no one asks about the Acura.

It's the same thing with clothes, shoes, furniture, etc. Bostonians and Allen Edmond shoes both can look similar, it is debateable about the idot that bought $300 shoes when the $60 Bostonians do just a good job. If a conversations comes up on shoes, Allen Edmonds is recognized as a premier brand while Bostonians are nice, but anyone can get em and no one really cares.

BMW and Benz have Brand that only some companies (not just car companies) can dream about (though their recent moves are focking them up). That is why that "idiot" is happy in his/her stripped 40k, 525.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:58 PM

Fyi, the 330 got 0.83 g's on CD's skidpad, vice 0.81 for the TL. Now I doubt YOU could tell the difference. Maybe if you owned a real sports sedan with strikingly superior performance, then you could throw out some put downs.
THey can have close or identical skidpad numbers but one car can feel sureplanted and the other loose and scary to be in at the limit. I can't speak for either and I have not ripped either car up. But numbers do not speak to how a car feels.

For instance, a TSX and a NSX can both do 100mph but the NSX will feel more at home.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:08 PM
More On

....While the valet parks that silly 525 in the front, the TL gets parked in the back. People ask the person about the BMW, no one asks about the Acura.....
I'd bet that they DO. And about the TSX's too.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Your missing some of the point of buying a luxury car. It's panache and brand and letting people know you've arrived. Silly, yes, but that is part of why people pay so much for cars.
"check out my new ride, i paid 40k for it and it comes with no options. that doesn't matter though, cuz all i care about is the badge"