TSX - A LIMITED Production Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 03:20 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Production on the Thunderbird is only being stopped so early because its a ugly POS that is'nt selling. Ford has admitted to taking it off the market for a year or two and then bringing it back when/if demand is hopefully higher.

Neither the Accord or TSX qualify in my mind as limited production.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:13 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to buy a true "limited-production" vehicle, click here
Old 12-15-2003, 04:25 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by XPLORx4

That thing is almost as ugly as the Thunderbird.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Advanced

Thumbs down

Originally posted by XPLORx4
The Batmobile looks subdued compared to that POS!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:18 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets stop this argument. The TSX is not a limited production car. Short supply yes...if its based on overall production numbers vs say the 04TL. So saying the TSX is a limited production vehicle is wrong.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:22 PM
More On

I don't think it's fair to flat-out say something like that. Unless, as I said earlier, you want to convert us to an English seminar.

You can't hang people with their words or phrases. Sometimes there are different legitimate concepts of what the words and phrases mean. Even when it's a technical term in your field and you KNOW what the "correct" meaning is, sometimes there are other legitimate concepts of it, and you'll constantly get into trouble if you assume and insist on your own definition. Regardless of the technical definition of "limited production car," the term is used in other ways too.

You want to stop the argument by asserting the correct definition of the term. I think it's fine to end the argument, but not like that.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:04 PM
OG

Did Honda ever say or print in any document that the TSX will be a limited production vehicle? I do not believe so. What they said was they have a goal of selling at least 15,000 units for MY04 starting in April to Dec. Limited production to me means once a limit is reached no more will be produce. For someone else it may hold a different meaning, so instead of doing it the lazy way why not just explain to the client.

How I would explain to a client. Very simple...Sir/Madam the projected units assigned for sell in NA is somewhere between 15-20,000 units. With 260 Acura dealers in the US alone supply of the TSX may be some what limited due to the different combinations available. If we do not have a match for you in the showroom, have one already on order, or can not locate one from another dealer, then one will need to be order for you from Japan. That would have took all of 2 minutes to explain. So instead of using a term that may have a double meaning, just explain the situation. Does it make sense?

Look all Im saying is salepeople shouldn't take shortcuts. If the term may have more than one meaning, then just don't use the term.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:16 PM
More On

But almost everything in the English language has more than one meaning! Or any language for that matter. We do best when we keep a REAL open mind about what people say.

Believe me, I'd love to be able to view it the way you do. I've only learned through (sometimes) painful experience that it doesn't work too well. I still try to express myself as correctly and precisely as I can. But most people don't. And, BTW, even when WE express ourselves so correctly and precisely, others won't necessarily hear it the way we mean it, if there are other meanings to the words and phrases. And it's best that we be ready for that too.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:22 PM
OG

Originally posted by larchmont
But almost everything in the English language has more than one meaning! Or any language for that matter. We do best when we keep a REAL open mind about what people say.

Believe me, I'd love to be able to view it the way you do. I've only learned through (sometimes) painful experience that it doesn't work too well. I still try to express myself as correctly and precisely as I can. But most people don't. And, BTW, even when WE express ourselves so correctly and precisely, others won't necessarily hear it the way we mean it, if there are other meanings to the words and phrases. And it's best that we be ready for that too.
I do not understand...can you explain it a different way?

Dude Im kidding.

Anyways time to move on.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Brutus, what dealerships did you get quotes from? Which dealers seem the most willing to deal? Looking to buy myself in the next coupla months, figure I'll check Acura of Columbus, Lindsay, and I think there's another in Marion too.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:29 PM
More On

Speaking of languages, does "scheiss" mean what I think it does?

(Bless my virgin ears!)
Old 12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Cruisin'

Talking DEALER FINDS ME A TSX IN 3 DAYS!

I shopped around like crazy for a good deal and the exact TSX i Wanted. satin silver/ebony int, 5spd auto. I finally narrowed down to Bob Howard Acura in OKC. However, I waited 2 months for the TSX and he still doesn't have it. I felt like I almost had to convince the damn dealership to sell me the car and let me call them for updates. Then, they go on to tell me they will charge me $1300 for the satellite radio option. On this past Saturday, I get an e-mail from the owner of Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, TX asking for my bussiness (i had talked to them over the fone before so they new I was interested in TSX). He invited me to his dealership and said they would make a great offer. I went down there that day, made a preliminary deal on the car I wanted. Two days later (this 12/16), Vandergriff Calls me. They have my car waiting for me. I went and signed all the papers and take delivery this weekend. Price? $26700 including wheel locks, trunk tray, tints, cargo net, door guard strips and acura satellite radio package! In summary, this car is hot, they are enough buyers out for it, i am glad they are not as common as jetta and bmws, and i know my dealer made some money. If you sell these cars at sticker there is a 12% profit. Yes the dealers push the TL more for sales based on availability and prod. cost being less. Personally, after driving TL, I think its a great car but more luxury vs. the razor sharp TSX which is definitely more performance oriented!~
Old 12-17-2003, 09:42 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Re: DEALER FINDS ME A TSX IN 3 DAYS!

Originally posted by PRESTIGE_TSX
I shopped around like crazy for a good deal and the exact TSX i Wanted. satin silver/ebony int, 5spd auto. I finally narrowed down to Bob Howard Acura in OKC. However, I waited 2 months for the TSX and he still doesn't have it. I felt like I almost had to convince the damn dealership to sell me the car and let me call them for updates. Then, they go on to tell me they will charge me $1300 for the satellite radio option. On this past Saturday, I get an e-mail from the owner of Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, TX asking for my bussiness (i had talked to them over the fone before so they new I was interested in TSX). He invited me to his dealership and said they would make a great offer. I went down there that day, made a preliminary deal on the car I wanted. Two days later (this 12/16), Vandergriff Calls me. They have my car waiting for me. I went and signed all the papers and take delivery this weekend. Price? $26700 including wheel locks, trunk tray, tints, cargo net, door guard strips and acura satellite radio package! In summary, this car is hot, they are enough buyers out for it, i am glad they are not as common as jetta and bmws, and i know my dealer made some money. If you sell these cars at sticker there is a 12% profit. Yes the dealers push the TL more for sales based on availability and prod. cost being less. Personally, after driving TL, I think its a great car but more luxury vs. the razor sharp TSX which is definitely more performance oriented!~
Congrats Prestige.

Do you think you can some pics of the door guard strips you had installed. I'd love to see how they look on the car.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:44 PM
Race Director

its not a limited production vehicle, i hope it isn't cause other friends of mine are thinking of buying one, just not the carbon gray color since i have that one. but, i went into an acura dealer today since my folks are buying an MDX, and i didn't see any tsx's on display in the showroom or outside. i guess the supply can't keep up with the demand probably. do you think there aren't a lot of Tsx cause they are made in Japan and need to be shipped to the US? but, why are there a lot of TL's in their showrooms then cause the TL's are made in the USA?
Old 12-24-2003, 12:10 AM
More On

That last post shows how BS this whole controversy is, this thing about whether TSX is or isn't a "limited production vehicle" and whether that salesman was out of line. 04EAT is obviously a reasonably intelligent person, yet he thinks the question of whether TSX is or isn't a "limited production vehicle" will determine whether his friends will have a decent chance to get the car. We already KNOW how hard it is or isn't to get a TSX: You can get one, but you might not get much off MSRP, and you might have to wait a few weeks or a few months, especially if you want something very specific. We don't need to also know whether the car is or isn't a "limited production vehicle."

Obviously, the phrase is used in different ways. It's irrelevant that there's some specific technical "correct" definition, which I guess there is (in view of how Justin was plunking his foot down); what rules is usage. Fighting against how a term is used is worse than fighting City Hall. If you're fighting City Hall, you have a chance, however slight. When you try to fight how a term is used, you might as well hit your head against the wall.

The only thing you should assume the term means is that there are relatively few cars of that model. The way this salesman used the term is well within that. But you don't need to know whether TSX is a lim. prod. veh. in order to know how hard it is to get the car. Kinda like finding out the weather. You don't need a TV or anything, just stick your head out the door.

P.S. In case you thought it meant there would come a point very soon that the car would just stop being produced, don't worry -- won't happen.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:31 PM
OG

Larch you are such a debater...were you on any debate team?

Again IMO ONLY I do not believe the term "limited production" applies to the TSX. My defintion of 'limited' means restricted to a certain amount. Websters defintion of 'limited' limited-adj 1. confined within limits, 2. to restrict to specific amounts.

Currently we are about 7200 cars over the projected goal of 15,000 for MY04, and the TSXs are still in production...which means they are buliding them as fast as they can to meet demand. So in a sense there is no limit to how many they can produce. Larch all Im saying is the term limited production is not a term I would use to sell the TSX.

Off topic...the Red Sux still suck....

And happy holiday to you.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:26 PM
More On

Oh yeah, almost forgot -- Justin and I actually have something in common!

Speaking of terminology: Is "DH" a term you would ever use in reference to Bernie Williams? I mean before 10 years from now?

Maybe not "center fielder," but.....DH???

And, is there any way whatsoever to understand the Lofton deal? I mean NOW, not 5 or 10 years ago.

I WANT VLADIMIR!!!!! (And I'm not gonna get him.)
Old 12-24-2003, 02:33 PM
OG

Oh yeah, almost forgot -- Justin and I actually have something in common!

Speaking of terminology: Is "DH" a term you would ever use in reference to Bernie Williams? I mean before 10 years from now?

Maybe not "center fielder," but.....DH???

And, is there any way whatsoever to understand the Lofton deal? I mean NOW, not 5 or 10 years ago.

I WANT VLADIMIR!!!!! (And I'm not gonna get him.)
George has gone bananas thats for sure. Bernie as a DH...never pictured it. I know he has slowed down somewhat but DH?? Yikes Lofton you are right maybe 10 yrs ago. Why did we pk up Sheffield and not Vladmir thats just crazy. He is a 5 tool player.

Now to stick it to the Sux we should go out and pk up ARod...just because we can.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:32 PM
2006 DGP Sold 10/24/2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... And anyway, is there really a technical definition of the phrase?
limited edition (Close enough)

n : an edition that is restricted to a specific number of copies.

Since Honda has not set a number I think we all know the answer to the question...

Santa Rosa Steve
Old 12-24-2003, 03:40 PM
More On

Originally posted by Santa Rosa Steve
limited edition (Close enough)

n : an edition that is restricted to a specific number of copies.

Since Honda has not set a number I think we all know the answer to the question...
Now wait a minute......

When we're looking to see if there's a specific techinical definition for a phrase, it's no good to look up a different phrase.

Anyway, I can't believe some people are being so academic about this. If a term is commonly used in various different ways, THAT'S what counts, more than the technical definition. If you misunderstand something because you think it can't mean anything except the technical definition, you have only yourself to blame.

Let's get back to baseball.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:01 PM
OG

Limited...as in Bernie has limited range in centerfield.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:18 PM
More On

Aha! Perfect example!
Old 12-24-2003, 04:47 PM

Go Yankees, no matter who they get or what they spend!
And the ONLY Acura that is a limited production vehicle is the NSX.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Instructor

my local dealer told me that Honda were selling 3x as many Euro Accords than they had expected ......there's a waiting list !
Old 12-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Cruisin'

I will try to post some pictures of my door guards and invisi-shield after I have it installed! I have my TSX now and I absolutely LOVE IT! Awesome car! I feel like King of the Road...and love the exclusiveness here in Dallas---only saw 2 others ones so far. Why has everyone argued about "Limited" and "production" numbers? Bottom line is...the TSX is low volume production car. Acura doesn't manufacturer cars to have them sit on dealer lots like Ford or Chevy do. They have 10 buyers for every 7 cars they make. Also, ACURA didn't anticipate the level of demand the TSX has generated. So lets all agree that its not as readily available as a BMW 3-series and leave it at that. Meanwhile....those of us who have TSX....keep driving with smiles on our faces~
Old 12-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Stokeless

how many have sold this year? i have seen maybe 10 others on the road that is including WA CA and IL....im happy with being one of the few that has one
Old 12-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Cruisin'

BLUE, GREEN, WHATS THE DIFF? AS LONG AS A KEY FITS AND STARTS THE VEHICLE.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Racer

maybe is a hard to see model. but not A LIMITED Production Vehicle! also I wish is A LIMITED Production Vehicle!