TLs are here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CoreyG
Does anyone have any ideas on how much the A-spec will cost? I'd hate to think of that cost on top of the $2k for the navigation. We're probably talking close to 40k, right?
It's probably a steal.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those of you who have seen the camel interior, how does it compare to the parchment? And how does it look with the wood?
Anyone have pics?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 2k4tl
Believe me, you don't ever want to be downwind of a green camel.
LOL! Would a red camel be pissed off or sunburnt?? I guess a blue camel is sad and depressed.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Advanced

JeffPhx,

I'll try and get a few pictures of the green for you. With me being a newbie to the forum, I'm not really all that up on how to post pictures and stuff. It's officially on our showroom floor now and the damn lights in there are like trying to tell blue from black socks in a dept. store. It is a parch. interior car. We only ordered one camel interior car to see how it turned out in person before getting a bunch we may not be able to get rid of. Don't really think it will be a problem though, I personally love the camel.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 69under
JeffPhx,

I'll try and get a few pictures of the green for you.... We only ordered one camel interior car to see how it turned out in person before getting a bunch we may not be able to get rid of. Don't really think it will be a problem though, I personally love the camel.
Thanks in advance. I have not seen the camel interior in person yet, but I like the pictures of it. It think the camel interior will be look great with all the colors and be a nice alternative to the parchment. The parchment is nice, but really light colored and I would be concerned about keeping the carpet and leather cleaned. I am thinking the carpet in the camel interior will be a little darker and maybe not show the dirt quite as quickly.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Not sure the car is what I expected, I drove it last night and it just did not have the right feel.

I have driven many cars, from Bimmers, Audi's, Nissan's, Buick's, Mazda's, Toyota's, Pontic's etc, and I would have expected more from this new TL.

The automatic was strange, at 30mph in a cruise mode (no accel / decell) it vibrated and lugged the engine (it was in fourth after checking by putting the auto in manual mode), once I put it in 3rd or 2nd, it was fine, it just seems like it up shifts to 4th too quickly to save fuel / emmisions.

Sorry Justin, I just do not share your joy about the car, but then again, I never owned the old TL, so maybe it is leaps and bounds above that.

I think acura could have done better, however, features for the buck can not be beat, I just can not say the same for the feel of the car. The cheapest thing about the car is the rear console compartment (under the vents) very flimsy and why is it there. Also, the dash lights at night (other than gauges and ambient lighting) is green, not blue, all they needed was a blue filter on the light bulbs vs the green one, cheapens a nice interior.

I may have to switch to the manual.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Racer

Originally posted by JeffPhx
Thanks in advance. I have not seen the camel interior in person yet, but I like the pictures of it. It think the camel interior will be look great with all the colors and be a nice alternative to the parchment. The parchment is nice, but really light colored and I would be concerned about keeping the carpet and leather cleaned. I am thinking the carpet in the camel interior will be a little darker and maybe not show the dirt quite as quickly.
I have seen all the exterior colors, but red and all the interior colors but camel. I agree that the camel could be one of the best to go with the dark colors (AM, DGP, ABP, NDP and RDP) The parchment is too light for me, but I heard that the camel can be orange-ish. I hope not. Any camel Pics out there?
Old 10-03-2003, 10:10 PM
Instructor

The camel interior looks great! It does have a hint of orange, but it's different without being way out like the brick color in infiniti.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:20 AM
4dr & I like it that way

Originally posted by LED Master
Not sure the car is what I expected, I drove it last night and it just did not have the right feel.

I have driven many cars, from Bimmers, Audi's, Nissan's, Buick's, Mazda's, Toyota's, Pontic's etc, and I would have expected more from this new TL.

The automatic was strange, at 30mph in a cruise mode (no accel / decell) it vibrated and lugged the engine (it was in fourth after checking by putting the auto in manual mode), once I put it in 3rd or 2nd, it was fine, it just seems like it up shifts to 4th too quickly to save fuel / emmisions.

Sorry Justin, I just do not share your joy about the car, but then again, I never owned the old TL, so maybe it is leaps and bounds above that.

I think acura could have done better, however, features for the buck can not be beat, I just can not say the same for the feel of the car. The cheapest thing about the car is the rear console compartment (under the vents) very flimsy and why is it there. Also, the dash lights at night (other than gauges and ambient lighting) is green, not blue, all they needed was a blue filter on the light bulbs vs the green one, cheapens a nice interior.

I may have to switch to the manual.
about your tranny comments: 1) its a new car, needs to be broken in 2) the ecu adjusts to your driving style, and doesnt do it instantly
Old 10-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Instructor

I saw the new TL for the first time yesterday at my dealer. I have to say that the car looks much better in person than in the picture. The one I saw was SSM/Ebony/5AT/Non-navi with full kit and spoiler ($37k !!!! ). I cant test drive it until the 6th. The interior looks very nice except for the steering wheel. Well, if you're waiting for a V6 TSX or TSX type S, this is your car. Too bad that it comes out 3 months late, my brother already got his 325i. Another job well done for Honda/Acura .