link?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
ugly.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the IS-F can't beat the M3, the GS-F won't beat the M5.

Besides, I think Toyota has bigger things to worry about than to produce a GS-F. They still getting sued, and they still have people complaining about brake flawed Prius.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
meh who cares. Lexus just doesn't do it for me at all, nothing about their cars excites me
Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,850 Likes on 2,588 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
If the IS-F can't beat the M3, the GS-F won't beat the M5.

Besides, I think Toyota has bigger things to worry about than to produce a GS-F. They still getting sued, and they still have people complaining about brake flawed Prius.
More humor from you right?

For a first time performance attempt from Lexus, the IS-F is a pretty damned good entry that many applauded for how close it came to its benchmark...the M3.

Last edited by Sarlacc; 01-10-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
hell no if it looks like that piece of shit photoshop in that link.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
More humor from you right?

Fors a first time performance attempt from Lexus, the IS-F is a pretty damned good entry that many applauded for how close it came to its benchmark...the M3.
Chill, I seem to have pissed you off with a joking remark of the Prius.

I would expect as much you want to argue with me. I think the IS-F is a joke, and I have the right to my opinion. Toyota tried too hard to make the car fuel efficient and result weaken the overall performance of the car. IS-F + 8 speed automatic = Lame. It also rides hard, and I find it funny how the tips for the exhaust is fake.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 PM
The Third Ball

I would expect as much you want to argue with me. I think the IS-F is a joke, and I have the right to my opinion. Toyota tried too hard to make the car fuel efficient and result weaken the overall performance of the car. IS-F + 8 speed automatic = Lame. It also rides hard, and I find it funny how the tips for the exhaust is fake.
I'm not pissed at all, but I'm not going to stop pointing out dumb comments as they come.

Do you find it amusing that bentley use the same fake stacked dual tip set up? And they've done it long before lexus? Or that several other car companies have adopted to using the "exhaust tips" to incorporate the design into the rear bumpers.

You may have your opinions...but its starting to become clear they are quite baseless. As in you know nothing, so your opinion is pretty worthless.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Je t'aime...

I'm not pissed at all, but I'm not going to stop pointing out dumb comments as they come.

Do you find it amusing that bentley use the same fake stacked dual tip set up? And they've done it long before lexus? Or that several other car companies have adopted to using the "exhaust tips" to incorporate the design into the rear bumpers.

You may have your opinions...but its starting to become clear they are quite baseless. As in you know nothing, so your opinion is pretty worthless.
Again, you Prius drivers seem to not understand jokes... I thought its funny, I didn't meant it literally.

I like how you completely avoided the facts of the 8speed automatic completely ruining the IS-F's performance. I think it would have been better if they set up the ride of the thing better on city roads. Also, gave it a DCT and 6spd manual option.

Then again, you don't want to talk about that. I mean, you completely avoided the topic of the IS-F to talk about a stupid joke I inserted in.

You're clearly mad. Smile!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think the IS-F is a "joke". A car with 416 horses and 371 lb.-ft of torque is not a "joke" by any means IMO.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Stuffing the biggest engine you make into the smallest car you make isn't exactly trying to make the car fuel-efficient. Don't know where you got that from. Not to mention the 8-speed AT's been praised for being able to hang with the best auto-manual systems while still providing torque converter smoothness.

Anyways, I'm curious what kind of motor they'll stuff in that. Maybe an all-new engine? Or the same engine as in the IS-F, just heavily reworked? Dunno how much more power this car'll have if it uses the same engine.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 PM
The Third Ball

Again, you Prius drivers seem to not understand jokes... I thought its funny, I didn't meant it literally.

I like how you completely avoided the facts of the 8speed automatic completely ruining the IS-F's performance. I think it would have been better if they set up the ride of the thing better on city roads. Also, gave it a DCT and 6spd manual option.

Then again, you don't want to talk about that. I mean, you completely avoided the topic of the IS-F to talk about a stupid joke I inserted in.

You're clearly mad. Smile!
Have you driven an ISF? I didnt think so. I wont say that I have either, expect on quick 1/4 run on the dyno. The 8 spd seems quite fine to me. And again, it didnt trail behind the M3 by much...lets remember BMW is on what generation of the M3??? This is Lexus' first try...

Stop being a dumbass
Old 01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by renedcruz
As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think the IS-F is a "joke". A car with 416 horses and 371 lb.-ft of torque is not a "joke" by any means IMO.
I know the engine is good, and the straight line performance is good. I was talking about the overall car. So what if it has high HP/TQ? Don't make the car good.

The IS-F has a 8spd auto, which ruins the performance anyways. The ride on the IS-F is bad, especially on city roads. The handling of the IS-F isn't good either.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
'That's what she said!'

Have you driven an ISF? I didnt think so. I wont say that I have either, expect on quick 1/4 run on the dyno. The 8 spd seems quite fine to me. And again, it didnt trail behind the M3 by much...lets remember BMW is on what generation of the M3??? This is Lexus' first try...

Stop being a dumbass
This.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Does this seem a bit deperate from Lexus? I mean think about it - they're barely in 4th or 5th in the market with sales going nowhere and they come up with this? I think it's that "halo" marketing at its worst.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Je t'aime...

Stop being a dumbass
LOL, you're mad. Damn, you really want to go down to my level and argue with a 21 year old? You're older than me by what? 10 years? This is funny. You clearly have anger issues. Stop being uptight, I heard its bad for your heart. Again, smile!!!

I'm not even gonna argue with you. I'm just gonna laugh as you get more pissed off. Your anger will be the laughter of my day.

I haven't driven the IS-F? So I didn't bother to try to test out the IS-F, S5, or C63 before buying my M3? Wrong. I did. You have to check the competition.

Oh about your comment on the first try. The M3 was created in a time where technology were limited. Lexus making the IS-F in the modern era on first try should be easier, since their is more technology out to help with the creation. They had a history book to look at, meaning they can look at the M3 history and see what made it so great and try to do it their way with the same idea. So the generations is irrelevant in my opinion due to the time the old M3s were created.

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 01-10-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

I know the engine is good, and the straight line performance is good. I was talking about the overall car. So what if it has high HP/TQ? Don't make the car good.

The IS-F has a 8spd auto, which ruins the performance anyways. The ride on the IS-F is bad, especially on city roads. The handling of the IS-F isn't good either.
What are you basing your opinions on? It's 2011. The whole notion that autos are always slower than manuals just isn't true. If anything, the AT IMPROVES the performance, because it can bang shifts quicker than a human. I wouldn't talk about ride/handling if you haven't driven one, especially on a track.

Originally Posted by biker
Does this seem a bit deperate from Lexus? I mean think about it - they're barely in 4th or 5th in the market with sales going nowhere and they come up with this? I think it's that "halo" marketing at its worst.
I think it'll be based on a new generation GS, which will probably get back into the headlines.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
The Third Ball

Oh about your comment on the first try. The M3 was created in a time where technology were limited. Lexus making the IS-F in the modern era on first try should be easier, since their is more technology out to help with the creation. They had a history book to look at, meaning they can look at the M3 history and see what made it so great and try to do it their way with the same idea. So the generations is irrelevant in my opinion due to the time the old M3s were created.
Grammatical errors aside...You really are retarded.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by Aman
What are you basing your opinions on? It's 2011. The whole notion that autos are always slower than manuals just isn't true. If anything, the AT IMPROVES the performance, because it can bang shifts quicker than a human. I wouldn't talk about ride/handling if you haven't driven one, especially on a track.

I think it'll be based on a new generation GS, which will probably get back into the headlines.
Ride = City
Handling = from reviews.

The 8spd automatic from the IS-F is like any other automatic with a M mode on it. They should have done a DCT, IMO.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Je t'aime...

Grammatical errors aside...You really are retarded.
I can care less about grammar, ATM.

You are quite the uptight bastard. I told you to smile, and you wouldn't smile. You take this crap way too seriously.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by biker
No, Lexus has stated they are trying to broaden their offerings on a global level. The GS-F has been rumored/expected for a couple years now, ever since the release of the IS-F.

I wouldnt say Lexus' sales are going nowhere. They have a pretty hold on the market. The LS has been one of the best selling halo sedans for a number of years now. The RX is one of the top selling SUVs in its class.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Ride = City
Handling = from reviews.

The 8spd automatic from the IS-F is like any other automatic with a M mode on it. They should have done a DCT, IMO.
Flying plane

Your head

Since you're reading IS-F reviews, did you miss the part about pretty much every publication praising the IS-F as the best AT they've driven? Shifts as quick as an automated-manual? Putting in a dual-clutch would actually go against the IS, because now it wouldn't be as smooth in city driving.

And I suppose your M3 rides like a cream puff.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM
The Third Ball

I can care less about grammar, ATM.

You are quite the uptight bastard. I told you to smile, and you wouldn't smile. You take this crap way too seriously.
You assume too much.

You should care about grammar. It shows a lot about who you are...and right now I'd say you're folks are wasting their money at USC.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Uh, the IS-F is just as fast as the M3 according to this year's C&D Lightning Lap. Btw, this article is from 2007...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Je t'aime...

Flying plane

Your head

Since you're reading IS-F reviews, did you miss the part about pretty much every publication praising the IS-F as the best AT they've driven? Shifts as quick as an automated-manual? Putting in a dual-clutch would actually go against the IS, because now it wouldn't be as smooth in city driving.

Honestly, why do I need a track to rate the ride? I was talking about rides on City roads. I clearly stated that, so how it rides on the track is completely irrelevant to how it rides on the streets. The IS-F can probably ride well on the track, but on the streets its crap.

Rides better than the IS-F. Best automatic? It might be the best automatic, but it ruins the way the car performs? Yeah? 8AT sports car... Lame.

You assume too much.

You should care about grammar. It shows a lot about who you are...and right now I'd say you're folks are wasting their money at USC.
I'm not an English major, uptight Prius owner. I'm majoring in Biology and Chemistry. English is the least of my worries.

Try to cheer up that your Prius has brake issues. Apparently, you got made over that comment. Its funny how mad someone can get over a comment and they are in their 30s. Just funny.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
The Third Ball

Rides better than the IS-F. Best automatic? It might be the best automatic, but it ruins the way the car performs? Yeah? 8AT sports car... Lame.
Prove that it detracts from the cars performance...this should be good.

I'm not an English major, uptight Prius owner. I'm majoring in Biology and Chemistry. English is the least of my worries.
If you can't communicate...you know what, forget this end of the argument, you're obviously too dumb to get it.

Try to cheer up that your Prius has brake issues. Apparently, you got made over that comment. Its funny how mad someone can get over a comment and they are in their 30s. Just funny.
No issues with the car in over 5k miles...Had no issues with the Corrola rental I had in Detroit for the last 6 months.

You're comment was in regard to Toyota overall, not just the Prius, again with the back pedaling.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

I was talking about handling on the track, genius. Ride isn't really your first concern there.

And did you read anything I said about the quick shift part? That's the only benefit of an automated-manual transmission, and the IS-F has that benefit, without any of the automated-manual's weaknesses (jerky slow starts)

EDIT: You're really going to try to diss someone over the car they drive? Really?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
well i see this thread has gone to shit since i last saw it....what a shame. seems to happen more and more on this site.

i dont understand why people say the ISF is a joke.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts

If the M3 even is his and not his parent's.
I could post in my sig that my grandfather's Gallardo is actually my weekend car and that I'm just a spoiled high school student.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 PM
'That's what she said!'

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
well i see this thread has gone to shit since i last saw it....what a shame. seems to happen more and more on this site.

i dont understand why people say the ISF is a joke.
This is exactly what I was asking before. It's one thing to say that an M3, C63 AMG or S5 are better cars but I think it's ridiculous to say the IS-F is a joke.

the 2010+ IS-F comes with a mechanical LSD...it handles much better than when it came out.
Je t'aime...

I was talking about handling on the track, genius. Ride isn't really your first concern there.

And did you read anything I said about the quick shift part? That's the only benefit of an automated-manual transmission, and the IS-F has that benefit, without any of the automated-manual's weaknesses (jerky slow starts)

EDIT: You're really going to try to diss someone over the car they drive? Really?
And did you read anything I said?

I didn't diss him, fool. I made one comment about how the Prius can't brake as a joke, and he called me a retard. I never dissed him. You guys are the ones attacking me. Maybe you should understand that. Just saying...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:29 PM
The Third Ball

This is exactly what I was asking before. It's one thing to say that an M3, C63 AMG or S5 are better cars but I think it's ridiculous to say the IS-F is a joke.
He's being an overly sensitive and defensive M3 driver
Old 01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
The Third Ball

I didn't diss him, fool. I made one comment about how the Prius can't brake as a joke, and he called me a retard. I never dissed him. You guys are the ones attacking me. Maybe you should understand that. Just saying...
Well, you certainly did just diss him. Just saying...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by rossv1
If the M3 even is his and not his parent's.
I could post in my sig that my grandfather's Gallardo is actually my weekend car and that I'm just a spoiled high school student.
You don't have to believe that I own one. You can believe I'm just lying, I don't care.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Je t'aime...

Well, you certainly did just diss him. Just saying...
How? Fool is not an insult. Its a label to call someone that is being foolish.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Je t'aime...

He's being an overly sensitive and defensive M3 driver
You're being an overly sensitive and defensive Prius driver.

(If you weren't, then you won't be so mad about my braking joke)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
so much drama in here damn calm it down in here! IMO since i drove both the E92 and the IS-F it feels like the E92 hauls more but ride confort IS-F is more smoother then the E92.
M3 > IS-F BTW Lexus better not make the GS-F its ugly and it will not be as good as an M5
BMW > Lexus any day
Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

I'm not an English major, uptight Prius owner.

Right. You even got one in in the time it took me to make this post. Where I'm from, all that is what's called dissing.

And yes, actually I did. And I responded to everything you said. Don't understand why you can't show me the same courtesy.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
it is a joke all the IS series is a joke ! its freaking small in there

Quick Reply: Lexus: GS News