AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/)
-   -   Infiniti: Development and Technology News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/infiniti-development-technology-news-380710/)

oonowindoo 06-02-2020 02:41 PM

:rofl: Acura tried that.. it didnt work... now Acura is actually trying to differentiate itself from Honda....

So Infiniti wanna do what has already been proven a failure? ... go ahead..

Sarlacc 06-02-2020 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by oonowindoo (Post 16583872)
:rofl: Acura tried that.. it didnt work... now Acura is actually trying to differentiate itself from Honda....

Infiniti took a nosedive years ago anyway. Whatever they did that was working when they first had the g35 coupe, the fx35/45, etc....it aint working now. They were too slow to adopt CarPlay/Android, their design were too polarizing, their offerings feel humdrum. I went to an Infiniti dealer to look at the QX50 before we got the Alfa...I walked in and walked out. Didnt like sitting in the car, no CarPlay, and the salesman was a pushover. I just lost interest and walked away without even driving the car.

Comfy 06-02-2020 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by oonowindoo (Post 16583872)

It looks like uncle scar told infinity not to go to the elephant graveyard (of Acura), but now he is ever determined to go there. Fascinating.

oonowindoo 06-02-2020 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlacc (Post 16583887)
Infiniti took a nosedive years ago anyway. Whatever they did that was working when they first had the g35 coupe, the fx35/45, etc....it aint working now. They were too slow to adopt CarPlay/Android, their design were too polarizing, their offerings feel humdrum. I went to an Infiniti dealer to look at the QX50 before we got the Alfa...I walked in and walked out. Didnt like sitting in the car, no CarPlay, and the salesman was a pushover. I just lost interest and walked away without even driving the car.

i think it all started with their stupid name conversion... they lost the very little prestige they had built in the early 2000s ...

But yah the outdated cars didnt help either...

i had 3 G35C and G37C from 2003 to 2010.... loved them...i mean you could not even get Brembo on E46 M3s at the time, you could get gold Brembo with your G35C... LED tails were extremely rare in 2003 and list goes on.. and the exhaust note... and 280hp (2003) VQ's performance were 1 full level above its main competitor -BMW 330i...
Pretty sad to see them like this..

YEH 06-02-2020 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlacc (Post 16583887)

While the heyday for Infiniti is when they had the G sedan/coupe and the FX, the FX was never a big seller due to the premium for RWD and the sloping roofline which further compromised cargo room (arguably, the FX was the 1st sport CUV coupe).

Its FWD replacement, the JX (and whatever it's called now) sells better.

The Q50/Q60 are the last of the RWD Infinitis anyway (aside from the BoF SUV), pretty much everything in the lineup has already followed the pattern of what sells for Lexus.

oonowindoo 06-02-2020 04:56 PM

at this point, they might as well go all SUVs.. but their SUVs aint selling all that well either... They cant compete in cars and SUVs..