Comparison Test in Automobile

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 09:23 PM
A-TSX Newbie, my ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jason
Actually, it doesn't say the TSX doesn't have rear side curtain air bags. It says 'Side Air Bags Rear' are N/A on the TSX, which is a true statement.
Please explain the difference between "doesn't have" and "not available" since we all know that options on the TSX are limited to exterior color, possibly interior, transmission, and navigation system.

Originally posted by Bear Trap
N/A means not available but they are a standard feature. Is there a difference between rear side airbags and rear side curtain airbags? They mean the same to me. Quote from Acura web site: "standard headliner-mounted side curtain air bags for the driver, front passenger and outboard rear-seat passengers."

Doesn't this mean rear side air bags?
There IS a difference. You should know that the TSX has standard front seat side torso airbags, in addition to the sidecurtain head airbags that also cover the front seat. In the TSX the rear only gets the head/curtain. In other cars (like Audi A4), rear seat side airbags (torso) are optional.

EDIT: Jason/ Bear Trap:
The Automobile article says "Not Available", not "N/A" (which could be construed as "Not Applicable"); "Not Available" means "Not Available". They have a separate notation for "Standard", as well.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Skyhawk
There IS a difference. You should know that the TSX has standard front seat side torso airbags, in addition to the sidecurtain head airbags that also cover the front seat. In the TSX the rear only gets the head/curtain. In other cars (like Audi A4), rear seat side airbags (torso) are optional.
Thanks for the clarification, but that table is misleading. If I didn't know better, I would look at it and think the TSX doesn't have any rear seat protection other than seatbelts.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by fdl
I am not going to agree or disagree with you, but what specific "things" are you refering to?
I am planning on doing a long post on my observations between the Mercedes C230 K, VW Passat, and the TSX. But, I will say that the quality of the plastic in the TSX is not up to par campared to the other two cars. The doors close with a slap, not the solid feel of both other cars. There are many more things that I will list in my post, but that being said, My wife and I both love the TSX and feel it is a well thought out car.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jason
That's because the Accord is NOT a sports sedan. Now get out of the computer lab and get back to class!

i went to borders last nite just to read this article in Automobile but they don't even stock this mag...good thing i cancelled my suscription