Instructor

Canaidan TL MSRP released

TL $40,800
TL Dynamic $41,800
TL Navi $44,000

They are on par with old Type-S
Old 10-08-2003 | 07:12 PM
Intermediate

Acutally it's 1000 cheaper than old type s.
Old 10-08-2003 | 07:19 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

For those americans who cant understand why we canadians get a 2k discount ($40,800 CDN = $30,660USD), there are actually a variety of reasons.

First off, our average standard of living is lower than yours, and as a result, we dont accumulate as much cash as you do- as well, we are taxed at a much higher level (some as high as 53% of their income goes to the government!), we dont get XM satelite nor handsfreelink in our base TLs, and most importantly- our warranties (thanks to the cold weather) are 3 year, 60,000 km on major components. You get a full year more than us!

Dont complain. IMHO I think you guys are getting a better deal.

J.
Old 10-08-2003 | 10:37 PM
Instructor

It's a better deal in a sense that you get more for less $$$ compare to last year's price. But American version get a bit more goodies.

I'm disappointed that the NAVI is the same DVD they use in US. There won't be much Canadian data except may be in Toronto.
Old 10-08-2003 | 11:32 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Xtrema
I'm disappointed that the NAVI is the same DVD they use in US. There won't be much Canadian data except may be in Toronto.
What? Where did you get this info from? I was under the impression that this was the 1st time Acura had offered DVD navigation in Canada because the DVD had Canadian content?
Old 10-08-2003 | 11:39 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bowersan
For those americans who cant understand why we canadians get a 2k discount ($40,800 CDN = $30,660USD), there are actually a variety of reasons.
That conversion is true today, but if you were to do the conversion a year ago today it would have been:
$40,800CDN = $25604USD

Too bad us Canadians can't brag about getting our 04 TLs for the equivalent of $25.6K USD eh?!

For anyone who doesn't follow the exchange rate, yesterday was a 7(?) year high for the CDN dollar compared to the USD. Dang American Economy slowdown...(no, a high CDN dollar isn't a good thing, unless you are holidaying)
Old 10-08-2003 | 11:40 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

The price of the new TL is very surprising. Not only because its actually cheaper than the TL-S, but also that its so close to the price of the TSX.
Old 10-08-2003 | 11:57 PM
Racer

Re: Canaidan TL MSRP released

TL $40,800
TL Dynamic $41,800
TL Navi $44,000

Only $5000 difference to TSX? Does this price includes Freight + PDI?

I think it's a good deal.
Old 10-09-2003 | 01:16 AM
Instructor

Quoted prices does not include freight and PDI.
Old 10-09-2003 | 08:58 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by NSWAGAR
What? Where did you get this info from? I was under the impression that this was the 1st time Acura had offered DVD navigation in Canada because the DVD had Canadian content?
This is what we have been told.
The Navi has all of the U.S mapped out on it.
It also has most of southern Ontario, parts of Quebec, no east coast. It also has Calgary,Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Updates to be done on a yearly bases.
Old 10-09-2003 | 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally posted by acuragal
This is what we have been told.
The Navi has all of the U.S mapped out on it.
It also has most of southern Ontario, parts of Quebec, no east coast. It also has Calgary,Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Updates to be done on a yearly bases.
Hrm...I'm wondering if this is worth the $3200 upgrade then? I do travel in the USA quite a bit for work though...

Almost makes me wonder if I should more seriously consider the TSX then (no navi available in Canada)...
Old 10-09-2003 | 11:21 AM
Racer

Re: Re: Canaidan TL MSRP released

Originally posted by ecsw
Only $5000 difference to TSX? Does this price includes Freight + PDI?

I think it's a good deal.
That'd be true if you compared the MSRP of these 2 cars. However, for the new TL you're expected to pay MSRP because it just came out, but for the TSX you should be able to get a lower-than-MSRP price because it's been out for a while.

So, in fact, the TL should cost around $7000 - $9000 (CDN) more than the TSX. If these 2 guys came out at the same time, it would've affected the sale of the TSX quite a bit.

BTW, I drove my Prelude '96 VTEC (190HP) and saw a TSX last night. Tried my best but couldn't keep up with it. And my Prelude only has 95,000 KM mile-age. That TSX seems to be an excellent car (wish it had 6-cylinder though!)
Old 10-09-2003 | 11:40 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Canaidan TL MSRP released

Originally posted by lamster
BTW, I drove my Prelude '96 VTEC (190HP) and saw a TSX last night. Tried my best but couldn't keep up with it. And my Prelude only has 95,000 KM mile-age. That TSX seems to be an excellent car (wish it had 6-cylinder though!)
I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that. What sort of senario was it that you could'nt keep up with it. From what I remember the 93-96 VTEC Ludes were sub 15 sec 1/4 miles cars.
Much lighter than the 97+ Lude.

That and the Type R are my 2 favorite Hondas BTW.
Old 10-09-2003 | 11:49 AM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canaidan TL MSRP released

Originally posted by domn
I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that. What sort of senario was it that you could'nt keep up with it. From what I remember the 93-96 VTEC Ludes were sub 15 sec 1/4 miles cars.
Much lighter than the 97+ Lude.

That and the Type R are my 2 favorite Hondas BTW.
It was late and the highway was very empty. I entered the highway and saw the TSX which was already in front of me.
The only thing I'd say that might've had some effect was that my g/f was sitting beside me and I noticed that the TSX guy was all alone (luckly bastard ). Also, I'm having a speed ticket to be settled so a little bit hesitating But most of the times, my Prelude would just catch up and then take off from the other cars. So I was very surprised at how quickly the TSX was picking up. It was only for a few km's before he took an exit out.

BTW, this is off-topic, why did Honda stop making the Prelude?
Old 10-09-2003 | 04:36 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

That'd be true if you compared the MSRP of these 2 cars. However, for the new TL you're expected to pay MSRP because it just came out, but for the TSX you should be able to get a lower-than-MSRP price because it's been out for a while.

So, in fact, the TL should cost around $7000 - $9000 (CDN) more than the TSX. If these 2 guys came out at the same time, it would've affected the sale of the TSX quite a bit.

This may or may not be true, but it would definately only be a temporary situation. I think its fair to compare these cars msrp vs msrp...regardless of what the situation is going to be for the next few months. And in that respect they are close enough that some TSX sales will be lost to TL sales IMHO.
Old 10-09-2003 | 06:18 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canaidan TL MSRP released

It was late and the highway was very empty. I entered the highway and saw the TSX which was already in front of me.
The only thing I'd say that might've had some effect was that my g/f was sitting beside me and I noticed that the TSX guy was all alone (luckly bastard ). Also, I'm having a speed ticket to be settled so a little bit hesitating But most of the times, my Prelude would just catch up and then take off from the other cars. So I was very surprised at how quickly the TSX was picking up. It was only for a few km's before he took an exit out.

BTW, this is off-topic, why did Honda stop making the Prelude?
Prelude should be able to catch up with TSX unless u have a '96 Auto?

He is alone so car is lighter thus a lucky baster or he is alone with no gf? I am going to tell ur gf about it.
Old 10-09-2003 | 08:15 PM
8th Gear

Unhappy Re: Canaidan TL MSRP released

TL $40,800
TL Dynamic $41,800
TL Navi $44,000

Today I was offered the following prices :sqnteek:
$41,880 plus taxes, levies and fees for the base model
$45,080 plus taxes, levies and fees for Navi

Acura of Victoria (BC that is)
Old 10-09-2003 | 10:46 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canaidan TL MSRP released

Originally posted by ecsw
Prelude should be able to catch up with TSX unless u have a '96 Auto?

He is alone so car is lighter thus a lucky baster or he is alone with no gf? I am going to tell ur gf about it.
Oh no, the Prelude 96 SRV ("V" for VTEC) only came in manual at that time. Yeah, it was definitely because of my g/f in the car, you know, she started to give me a nasty look when noticing I was pushing the gas pedal.

Wome ruin everything ... :-*
Old 10-09-2003 | 10:55 PM
Racer

Originally posted by tlzabob

No, TL-Navi should only cost $44,000. Don't pay anything higher than that, man. There should be other dealers in Victoria, perhaps you can check with them as well.

I called a dealer in Mississauga (West of Toronto) today and was confirmed that it's that price. However, he told me right up-front that they wouldn't even consider any negotiation at all.

A very interesting point, though. When he told me that he just test-drove the TL yesterday, I asked him about his impression on the new TL's handling. He admitted that from his point of view, the TL doesn't handle as sharp as the TSX, but he said that was to be expected. He also said it's a different kind of ride between the TL and TSX (Duh??? Like the whole world didn't know that already )

I'll have to wait until my turn to test-drive the car.
Old 10-09-2003 | 10:55 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by tlzabob

You know its illegal for dealers to sell above MSRP in Canada right?

Price should be $40,800 + Freight, PDI, Admin, etc + Tax.
Are you sure the car did'nt have any options?
Old 10-10-2003 | 01:26 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by domn
You know its illegal for dealers to sell above MSRP in Canada right?

Price should be $40,800 + Freight, PDI, Admin, etc + Tax.
Are you sure the car did'nt have any options?
That's right it's against the law to sell above msrp.

Usually dealer will tack on a few accessory to make a few more buck on hot new models.
Old 10-10-2003 | 06:07 PM
8th Gear

Perhaps these Victoria Dealer prices include freight and PDI of $1,080.00.
Old 10-10-2003 | 06:49 PM
8th Gear

Originally posted by Johnvan
Perhaps these Victoria Dealer prices include freight and PDI of $1,080.00.
As it turns out that is exactly right. The extra levies and fees he was talking about add up to $225.00.

I put a deposit down today for a Silver/Ebony Navi Model but I don't get it until November 20ish!!?!