Cadillac: Escalade News

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I love it when I read a comment from someone and know who wrote it before I look to the left and see the name. Good times
Old 11-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few pics on Cadillacs site http://www.cadillac.com/2007escalade/index.html
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That interior is incredible. GM is looking up, maybe?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:08 PM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
escalade= #1 gangsta mobile
Old 11-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Looks awesome inside and out. Great improvement! The specs are icing on the cake.

It really has a luxury presence to it, very much like the RR
Old 11-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Safety Car

Its hard to get an idea of the real materials on the dash from the press pics - it looks like crap plastic on the air vents above the nav and glove box, then on caddys site it looks like real aluminum on the air vents. Wonder if there is an option or if all models have the same materials etc, i think theres an option...

I don't think its anywhere near as slick as the RR exterior wise which is kinda a shame.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by heyitsme
Its hard to get an idea of the real materials on the dash from the press pics - it looks like crap plastic on the air vents above the nav and glove box, then on caddys site it looks like real aluminum on the air vents. Wonder if there is an option or if all models have the same materials etc, i think theres an option...

I don't think its anywhere near as slick as the RR exterior wise which is kinda a shame.
The RR is $20k more too dude And a lot smaller
Old 11-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by charliemike
The RR is $20k more too dude And a lot smaller

Sure, you are right. But thats really no excuse for not coming up with a sexy exterior design when the majority of the underbody can be based off already engineered parts... I don't think it takes 70k to come up with a sleek suv style for 2006- they managed to come up with the SRX, now excite me with the top tier...

Last edited by heyitsme; 11-11-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Sure, you are right. But thats really no excuse for not coming up with a sexy exterior design when the majority of the underbody can be based off already engineered parts... I don't think it takes 70k to come up with a sleek suv style for 2006- they managed to come up with the SRX, now excite me with the top tier...
Well dude, maybe Fitty Cent and Ron Artest wanted the new Escalade to look like that
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Safety Car

If you want a nice look RR for alot less money, check out the new Tahoe. As far as the Escalade, it's a good looking, classy vehicle that didn't have to resort to lifting alot to RR traits; kudos to Caddy, IMO. As I said, the only changes I'd have made were to take out the chrome strips on the doors and lessen the chrome bar that holds the wreath on the hatch.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

Its hard to get an idea of the real materials on the dash from the press pics - it looks like crap plastic on the air vents above the nav and glove box, then on caddys site it looks like real aluminum on the air vents.
Whaaatt? Ready to condemn the materials without even touching them, or seeing them in person? Give the damn thing a chance before you relegate it to have "crap plastic" what you think you see in a picture.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:53 AM
101 years of heartache...

its decent
Old 11-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Pro

It looks okay. The interior is definitely an improvement over the previous generation. I still prefer the exterior/interior styling of a navigator though
Old 11-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks great... It's probably the only SUV that I like (outside of the Jeeps)...

Seems like that made a good thing even better
Old 11-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by titan
If you want a nice look RR for alot less money, check out the new Tahoe. As far as the Escalade, it's a good looking, classy vehicle that didn't have to resort to lifting alot to RR traits; kudos to Caddy, IMO. As I said, the only changes I'd have made were to take out the chrome strips on the doors and lessen the chrome bar that holds the wreath on the hatch.
The new Tahoe is the same shape, come on, the RR has a presence cause its sexy,

the caddy has a presence cause its just a large looking suv that really has no new styling elements (other than the grill ) that haven't been shown in a Tahoe, Yukon - even the SRX has more substance and imagination.

What the hell is with the wheel gap, they put on large wheels with streets tires and still have the same wheel gap as a Yukon/Tahoe? Why? This thing should be lowered right above the wheels like they were designed to work together...not like some owner is going to come along a put 35" Mickey Thompsons on.

Originally Posted by titan
Whaaatt? Ready to condemn the materials without even touching them, or seeing them in person? Give the damn thing a chance before you relegate it to have "crap plastic" what you think you see in a picture.

I looked at the materials and I don't think they need to be touched to see what is going on when a clearly visible shine is coming off them- the air vent plastic isn't the same quality plastic as on the dash... I give the alumium package of materials shown on caddys site an A, I give the press photos a poor mark because they look like shinny black plastic with silver plastic mixed in with wood, too many mixes.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:56 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^

look at the cts. in pix i was thinkin it was still american crap plastic and in person it was true. when alot of people were saying nah its almost as nice as foreign cars
Old 11-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
In the new Escalade's case, less is more. that thing is going to sell like friggin crazy. looks like manufacturers are going to have a hard time with the grille upgrades too. Get ready, we're gonna see some pretty ghetto stuff coming from the aftermarket.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Stay or leave

looks nice to me
Old 11-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
wow the interior is gorgeous.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,968 Likes on 5,137 Posts
interior looks great.... also like the exterior... it's too bad some things will never change at GM. whoever keeps insisting on using these same damn fonts for the interior needs to be let go, sorry.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:47 AM
has been here awhile

Originally Posted by srika
interior looks great.... also like the exterior... it's too bad some things will never change at GM. whoever keeps insisting on using these same damn fonts for the interior needs to be let go, sorry.

Whoever designed the gauges needs to be let go. Does that honestly look befitting of a $50k + luxury vehicle? No...it looks like stock GM crap.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Moderator Alumnus

The gauges look fine imo, not the most exciting.......but they are clear and easy to read.

If I wanted an Escalade, the fucking gauge cluster would not stop me from buying one.....I don't think it will stop anyone else either.

This new Escalade makes the previous model look instantly dated imho, looks like a sad sack in comparison.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Safety Car

I agree. The guages looks fine. Clean, simple, legible. Who cares about the fuckin' font??? The blue hue that they glow looks great. Now, if they used that old pea green color that was used on every car GM used to make, then I can see a problem. But the guage cluster looks good, IMO.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Burning Brakes

the rear looks like a lincoln navigator but the interior is better
Old 11-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
looks great, finally a GM interior I like
Old 11-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Safety Car

Old 11-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Safety Car

Should be interesting to see if they can increase sales with an improved product but in a more anti gas guzzling market.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Nice find/pics, heyitsme.

3rd row seats look as useless as ever. No height in the seat, you're sitting with your knees to your chest. At least Ford figured out the disappearing seat trick.

Interior shots at least shows GM is beginning to pay attention to details. Unlike in the current Escalada, the door release levers are now in a normal position. The chrome around the speakers is a nice touch.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:33 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Man that centre stack is plain fugly. The steering wheel and guages look decent at least. I know GM can turn it on when they want to so maybe they should dump the low end and concentrate on the luxury segments.

I wonder if this truck has a live axle ? It definately has a nice fake scoop on the front fenders.

I can't understand why anyone would buy crap with a live axle when independant is the norm for the luxury market.

I know hockey players and pimps all like to drive the Escalades with 30" spinners but I really don't see the value when compared to the rest of the Caddy line. I think it is just one of the bigger is better things.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

You know you see too many slammed cars when you look at the Escalade and your first reaction is, "Man, that thing looks like a 4x4. It needs to be dropped" and then you realize it's supposed to be that way
Old 11-20-2005, 10:35 AM
101 years of heartache...

very nice in those pictures, i like the center console. i know they're just pictures, but the materials look pretty good.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Safety Car

Very nice. I like these real world pics better than the pro pics. The dash/stack is beautifully done, and there are plenty of nice touches. I'm still loving that steering wheel.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

has this been posted already?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:19 PM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by deandorsey
has this been posted already?

Haven't seen it 'round here yet!
It's ok for an EXT, still don't understand the appeal of them yet, but I guess it's just not my thing...
Old 01-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The luxury truck segment just doesn't make sense to me either. I don't get the point of having a flatbed in something that will never see dirt. Might as well make it amphibious while they're at it.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:35 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn that exterior KILLEDD IT... but im not feelin that rear....
Old 01-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Safety Car

Escalade EXT

Originally Posted by http://www.mph-online.com
DETROIT — Debuting at the North American International Auto Show, th e all-new 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT sport utility truck expands the Escalade family of vehicles with a new look that's still instantly recognizable as a Cadillac. With elements of a luxury SUV and pickup truck, the Escalade EXT has attracted new generations of buyers to Cadillac and helps introduce the next step in the brand's ongoing renaissance.

Based on General Motors' all-new full-size SUV platform, the '07 Escalade EXT features new powertrain, chassis, safety and interior systems. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful, efficient luxury SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower (301 kw)* and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm).*

Cadillac Escalade EXT will be available in the summer of 2006. It also will be sold outside North America , thus strengthening Cadillac's global portfolio.

Escalade EXT has a sleeker, cleaner and more athletic form with improved aerodynamics while appearing smaller in stature. It is instantly identifiable and incorporates styling cues from the landmark Sixteen concept vehicle, including a more detailed signature grille, front fender vent ports and layers of chrome accents.

Details in elements such as wraparound fascias, styled mirrors and integrated running boards enhance Escalade EXT's flowing design and bolster the refined feeling. All major sheetmetal and body components are new and feature crisp, taut lines. The sleek, toned look includes a faster windshield angle of 57 degrees, which flows gracefully into the roofline. This also improves aerodynamic performance to a segment-best 0.36 coefficient of drag, which helps improve fuel economy and reduce wind noise.

All-new interior styling is a cornerstone of the new Escalade EXT. The warm and inviting interior is complemented with premium materials and a distinct layout. The cabin also is more spacious, with an instrument panel that is lower and moved forward in the vehicle. This interior comes in two colors: Ebony and Cashmere . The vehicle features a unique instrument panel, instrumentation gauges with white needles and blue light inlays with continuously lit, white-LED backlighting, Nuance leather-covered seats, leather-covered door trim and center console, fabric-covered interior pillars and available heated and cooled front seats and heated steering wheel.

Escalade EXT also includes an available 8-inch touch-screen navigation system, as well as a DVD system with large 8-inch flip-down screen. A segment-first Bose 5.1 Digital Surround Sound system is integrated into the new family of radios that play DVD audio/video, CD audio/video, MP3s and XM Satellite Radio.

A new 6.2L V-8 rated at 403 horsepower (301 kw)* and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm)* is exclusive to the Escalade family. This all-aluminum engine uses v ariable valve timing (VVT) to optimize camshaft timing to improve low-rpm torque and high-rpm horsepower. The introduction of variable valve timing through the unique, dual-equal cam phaser is the industry's first application of VVT on a mass-produced V-8 overhead-valve engine.

A new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is matched with the 6.2L engine. One of the industry's most advanced automatics, the 6L80 features clutch-to-clutch shifting and has a wide, 6.04:1 overall ratio — including two overdrive gears — that helps deliver an excellent balance of performance and fuel economy.

A stronger frame and chassis support the more powerful powertrain and enable exceptional responsiveness and ride and handling smoothness. A new, fully boxed frame offers 49 percent increased torsional stiffness and a 35-percent improvement in beaming frequency, compared to previous models.

Larger, four-wheel disc brakes and an all-new Bosch ABS system help ensure braking performance. ABS works with the StabiliTrak stability control system's new rollover mitigation technology. This software algorithm technology uses sensors to proactively predict vehicle "tip-up" and apply appropriate brake force to help prevent such events.

Escalade EXT is designed to be among the industry's safest and most secure vehicles, with numerous safety systems and crash-avoidance technologies. New occupant protection features include head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows and an industry-first 360-degree front safety belt pretensioner activation system.

Escalade EXT comes with the Generation 6 OnStar system (with a one-year Directions and Connections service plan). It includes the General Motors Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN) system, making crash data available to emergency services to potentially dispatch the appropriate life-saving personnel and equipment to crash scenes faster. If the vehicle is in a crash that activates an air bag, the OnStar system automatically notifies an OnStar Advisor, who will check on the occupants and summon emergency help if necessary. OnStar also can assist authorities in locating a vehicle if it is reported stolen (ability to locate stolen vehicles varies with conditions).
Old 01-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Safety Car

Escalade ESV

Originally Posted by http://www.mph-online.com
DETROIT — The 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV, debuting at the North American International Auto Show, is the largest member of the Escalade family. Combining power, size and strength with trademark Cadillac styling and technology, the full-size Escalade ESV has strongly positioned Cadillac in the large luxury SUV market.

The vehicle is 21 inches (53.4 cm) longer than Escalade, and that translates into more premium seating and cargo-carrying capability. It features all the same elements and features as the Escalade, but adds an extra DVD system with large 8-inch flip-down screen for third-row passengers.

Based on General Motors' all-new full-size SUV platform, the '07 Escalade ESV features new powertrain, chassis, safety and interior systems. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful full-size SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower (301 kw)* and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm).*

Cadillac ESV will be available in the summer of 2006. It also will be sold outside North America , thus strengthening Cadillac's global portfolio.

Escalade ESV has a sleeker, cleaner and more athletic form with improved aerodynamics while appearing smaller in stature. It is instantly identifiable and incorporates styling cues from the landmark Sixteen concept vehicle, including a more detailed signature grille, front fender vent ports and layers of chrome accents.

Details in elements such as wraparound fascias, styled mirrors and integrated running boards enhance Escalade ESV's flowing design and bolster the refined feeling. All major sheetmetal and body components are new and feature crisp, taut lines. The sleek, toned look includes a faster windshield angle of 57 degrees, which flows gracefully into the roofline. This also improves aerodynamic performance to a segment-best 0.36 coefficient of drag, which helps improve fuel economy and reduce wind noise.

All-new interior styling is a cornerstone of the new Escalade ESV. The warm and inviting interior is complemented with premium materials and a distinct layout. The cabin also is more spacious, with an instrument panel that is lower and moved forward in the vehicle. This interior comes in two colors: Ebony and Cashmere. The vehicle features a unique instrument panel, instrumentation gauges with white needles and blue light inlays with continuously lit, white-LED backlighting, Nuance leather-covered seats, leather-covered door trim and center console, fabric-covered interior pillars, available heated and cooled front seats and heated steering wheel.

Escalade ESV delivers convenience with a new industry-exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature that eases access to the third-row seat, and a power-assisted rear liftgate that opens and closes with the touch of a button.

Escalade ESV also includes an available 8-inch touch-screen navigation system, as well as a DVD system with a large 8-inch flip-down screen. A segment-first Bose 5.1 Digital Surround Sound system is integrated into the new family of radios that play DVD audio/video, CD audio/video, MP3s and XM Satellite Radio.

A new 6.2L V-8 rated at 403 horsepower (301 kw)* and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm)* is exclusive to the Escalade family. This all-aluminum engine uses v ariable valve timing (VVT) to optimize camshaft timing to improve low-rpm torque and high-rpm horsepower. The introduction of variable valve timing through the unique, dual-equal cam phaser is the industry's first application of VVT on a mass-produced V-8 overhead-valve engine.

A new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is matched with the 6.2L engine. One of the industry's most advanced automatics, the 6L80 features clutch-to-clutch shifting and has a wide, 6.04:1 overall ratio — including two overdrive gears — that helps deliver an excellent balance of performance and fuel economy.

A stronger frame and chassis support the more powerful powertrain and enable exceptional responsiveness and ride and handling smoothness. A new, fully boxed frame offers 49-percent increased torsional stiffness and a 35-percent improvement in beaming frequency, compared to previous models.

Larger, four-wheel disc brakes and an all-new Bosch ABS system help ensure braking performance. ABS works with the StabiliTrak stability control system's new rollover mitigation technology. This software algorithm technology uses sensors to proactively predict vehicle "tip-up" and apply appropriate brake force to help prevent such events.

Escalade ESV is designed to be among the industry's safest and most secure vehicles, with numerous safety systems and crash-avoidance technologies. New occupant protection features include head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows and an industry-first 360-degree front safety belt pretensioner activation system.

Escalade ESV comes with the Generation 6 OnStar system (with a one-year Directions and Connections service plan). It includes the General Motors Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN) system, making crash data available to emergency services to potentially dispatch the appropriate life-saving personnel and equipment to crash scenes faster. If the vehicle is in a crash that activates an air bag, the OnStar system automatically notifies an OnStar Advisor, who will check on the occupants and summon emergency help if necessary. OnStar also can assist authorities in locating a vehicle if it is reported stolen (ability to locate stolen vehicles varies with conditions).
Old 01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Source: http://www.gminsidenews.com
Old 01-06-2006, 07:07 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'll take the blonde in the background instead

Quick Reply: Cadillac: Escalade News