Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
That looks real good.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
They should have started designing cars in China a long time ago.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraVic
The Buick website lists the TL among others (ES350) that they are competing...

Also, there is an ad on Acurazine that says LaCross vs TL , LaCross wins.

I agree they are in the same general class/segment.

What I am saying is that is seems as if GM thinks the Lexus ES is the better target; hence the TV time with commercial I posted above. That means, GM thinks they can "beat" the Lexus in the buyers mind easier OR the Lacross is more directly comparable to the ES.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
I agree they are in the same general class/segment.

What I am saying is that is seems as if GM thinks the Lexus ES is the better target; hence the TV time with commercial I posted above. That means, GM thinks they can "beat" the Lexus in the buyers mind easier OR the Lacross is more directly comparable to the ES.
I can see that.....
Old 09-25-2009, 02:28 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
It's a very sweet looking car and would definitely be on my list if I was looking to replace my 3g TL.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I love it!

and I still love my Enclave. No problems driving a Buick for me- I'm a car guy... I do the research and buy what I like. Branding is for girls
Old 09-26-2009, 01:30 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Ashburner
I love it!

and I still love my Enclave. No problems driving a Buick for me- I'm a car guy... I do the research and buy what I like. Branding is for girls
Same here. Ha this is off topic I dunno if you remember, but I was going to try and go for a GXP over the summer. No joy, the one I did want to check out the owner of the dealership decided to keep and there weren't any in the area for me to check out.

I did test drive a GT and it was fun, but in the end I kept the TL. Back on topic, this Buick is quite the looker! Much much better then Acura's current abominations. It's pleasant and elegant.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to like this car, but the high beltline styling doesn't work for me. Lots of great interior features and drivetrain options for the money, but the exterior still needs some work. If only the car was wider, visually.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by Ashburner
I love it!

Your GM options are very nice. I like both of your cars.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
This is FAR better looking than ANYTHING Acura has to offer right now! Period.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
IMO, this is FAR better looking than ANYTHING Acura has to offer right now!
Fixed to improve accuracy.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by AsianRage
Fixed to improve accuracy.
No need to fix it, it was accurate the way it was.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
This is FAR better looking than ANYTHING Acura has to offer right now! Period.
X2
Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

No need to fix it, it was accurate the way it was.
With Buick, no. If our conversation was about another brand, like Lexus or Infiniti, it'd be accurate.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I can't think of anybody (who isn't blind) that would think ANY Acura currently looked as good as this Buick....
Old 09-28-2009, 10:48 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
With Buick, no. If our conversation was about another brand, like Lexus or Infiniti, it'd be accurate.
Wrong again.

The Buick direct injection V6 engine is nothing short of on par with Lexus et al.

6 speed tranny is on par.

AWD system with an electronic limited slip differential, and the ability to put 85% to the rear = awesome!

The damper system (magnetorheological dampers) are "basically" from the Vette.

fsttyms1 is correct.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Wrong again.

The Buick direct injection V6 engine is nothing short of on par with Lexus et al.

AWD system with an electronic limited slip differential, and the ability to put 85% to the rear = awesome!

fsttyms1 is correct.
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I can't think of anybody (who isn't blind) that would think ANY Acura currently looked as good as this Buick....
Nail on head!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Wrong again.

fsttyms1 is correct.
I'm not denying the tech specs being awesome, but the look of the car leave a lot to desire, thus, the statement isn't accurate. For me, this Buick doesn't offer the complete package and look is 45-50% of my purchasing decision. You don't like what Acura has to offer so his statement is true for you, so whatever.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

I'm not denying the tech specs being awesome, but the look of the car leave a lot to desire, thus, the statement isn't accurate. For me, this Buick doesn't offer the complete package and look is 45-50% of my purchasing decision. You don't like what Acura has to offer so his statement is true for you, so whatever.
This cars exterior and interior is getting rave reviews from pretty much EVERYONE in the industry. It's beautiful.....and that's not just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Its true for the majority, you are in the minority. The buick has been getting great reviews for its styling, and what it has to offer. I havent read a magazine that has given Acura any props on styling as of late. Most bash it.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This new Lacrosse is going to help put buick back on the scene, much like the G did for Infiniti a few years ago. Im almost certain.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Its true for the majority, you are in the minority. The buick has been getting great reviews for its styling, and what it has to offer. I havent read a magazine that has given Acura any props on styling as of late. Most bash it.

Yes, because the writings of magazines are gospels of truth. I don't like the styling of the car. I didn't really like the TL's design in the beginning, but I like it in person. I don't mind being in the minority either.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Yes, because the writings of magazines are gospels of truth. I don't like the styling of the car. I didn't really like the TL's design in the beginning, but I like it in person. I don't mind being in the minority either.
It's not that the magazines are gospels of truth, it's that the entire industry & critics alike can say nothing but good things about the design. I have yet to come upon any report or article saying anything to the contrary.

On the other hand, the TL is the exact opposite. At best you will find an article that says the TL's exterior is love it or hate it. That's as good as it gets.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Safety Car

Wrong again.

fsttyms1 is correct.
Wow. Way to get the point across! I agree 100%, but then facts are facts. The point is, nothing happens overnight. Caddys transformation wasn't turn key; it started with the CTS and continues today. It wasn't very long that I read the same lame comments about Caddy being an old man's car that many still say about Buick. But with very solid and unique products like the Enclave (which started their re-invention) and now the Lacrosse (a home run), Buick seems to be on the right track. It will take a little time, if the continue to offer outstanding product, and market it properly, Buick will have a bright future.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
This thread is totally being hijacked…for some reason every other thread has some comments on how crappy Acura cars are.

Anyway, the LaCrosse does look like right direction for Buick like CTS for Caddy. Eventually Buick may change their image and build good reliable cars but it is definitively too early to say Buick is building better cars than Acura, or Lexus…at least for now. In the end, Buick is still going to be slotted in the bottom tier compared to other Luxury brands hampered by the Cadillac brand.

Maybe all the people who replied saying they would buy one should actually go out and put one in their driveway when it is available. This may speed up the transformation process.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:42 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ Acura comments in a non Acura vehicle thread?!?!?

SHOCKER!!!!!
You would think this was some sort of Acura Forum Site.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Lightbulb Looks Like a Lexus from the Rear

2010 Buick LaCrosse
A bold new direction
Mont-Tremblant, Quebec – Buick. Exciting.

It’s not often you read or hear those two words in the same sentence. However, a few surprises seem to be in store for the revamped General Motors to go along with its new management and slogan, and the 2010 Buick LaCrosse midsize sedan, believe it or not, is certainly an exciting vehicle.

The LaCrosse has been completely redesigned for the 2010 model year, right down to its name (it was called the Allure in Canada up until 2009). It’s a much different vehicle from the Allure, so the name change couldn’t come at a more appropriate time.

Though it’s more expensive than last year’s model (up to $5,400 more, depending on what trim you compare), there is a lot more standard stuff packed into the new LaCrosse to help it compete with luxury midsize sedans such as the Lexus ES 350 and Acura TL. Keep in mind that just last year, Allure was aimed at the Chrysler 300 and Toyota Camry. Hey, so no one can accuse the new GM of backing down from a challenge.

Every LaCrosse gets a six-speed automatic transmission with driver shift control, power eight-way driver’s seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel, 17-inch wheels, and automatic climate control. That’s compared to last year’s four-speed automatic, power six-way seat, optional leather steering wheel, 16-inch wheels and optional auto climate control.

LaCrosse has a longer wheelbase than last year’s Allure, but is slightly shorter overall. With the wheels pushed out to the corners, it possesses a much sportier feel but we’ll get to that in just a moment.

The interior design was actually handled by GM in China, which may be why so many interior dimensions are decreased this year. Turning its back on any sort of the GM ‘more-is-more’ attitude from years past, there is a decrease in rear head room from last year’s model. That being said, the LaCrosse actually has more rear leg room than a BMW 750i. As a tall, long-legged person, I easily notice both those differences without having to read over any spec sheets. There is plenty of room to stretch my legs even with the seat in front of me moved far back, but my head hits the roof whenever I lean back.

Head, leg and hip room have all decreased in the front seats this year, but there are no problems getting and staying quite comfortable up front. The seats are strong and supportive, yet never cause a sore back or rump on hours-long trips. Most surprising of all is that the front seats are quite supportive during spirited driving (yeah, we did that!)

LaCrosse is built on a brand new global midsize architecture; it gets a stiffer body and an optional real-time damping system that is constantly monitoring body, wheel and lateral acceleration. Variable effort steering also comes standard on CXL and CXS trim levels, and the steering really does tighten up as you accelerate. Both the 3.0-litre and 3.6-litre V6s provide strong, brisk acceleration and give off a nice little snarl when the hammer is dropped. For the especially fuel-conscious among us, a 2.4-litre four-cylinder is available in December 2009.

The interior has a lot of personality as well, with an optional head-up display that is extremely useful and some equally-cool ambient lighting throughout, slick instrument cluster behind the steering wheel, and good fit-and-finish (with a cheap-feeling headliner being the only real weak point).

The 2010 LaCrosse is a fine new direction not only for the Buick brand, but for the new General Motors. It’s just the kind of vehicle that may get consumers to forget about the automaker’s recent troubles, and focus on what is most important to any car company - product.
Summary:
Year/Make/Model
2010 Buick LaCrosse
Trim level
CX, CXL, CXS
Price range
$32,745 - $40,745
Freight
$1,350
Options
all wheel drive
EneryGuide fuel economy ratings
12.7/7.7 L/100 km (3.0), 13.3/8.0 (AWD), 12.2/7.3 (3.6)
Warranty (basic)
3 years/60,000 km
Warranty (powertrain)
5 years/160,000 km
Competitors
Acura TL; Lexus ES 350

Strong Points

* - styling
* - handling
* - personality

Weak Points

* - too many buttons
* - rear seat headroom

Editors Rating:
Fuel consumption 3.5 *
Wait for the four-cylinder if fuel efficiency is most important.
Value for price 4 *
Price goes up but comes with many more standards.
Styling 4 *
Looks good from far; gets better as you move closer.
Comfort 4.5*
Excellent suspension, quiet interior, fantastic seats, lots of room.
Performance 4 *
A heck of a lot of fun.
Overall 4.5 *
Tough to pick out any significant weakness; strong new entry for Buick.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
A few more years of this and GM reviews won't all have to start with an apology.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
This by far is one of the nicest GM products to come out since their "Re-invention".

Buick has to also be very happy that after its first month of sales its already outselling the TL which is one of its major competitors.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
This is a very nice looking car, I'm just not sold on the interior, and I don't know how it drives. If it's a typical Buick, then no thanks. It's also a bit pricey, IMO, but it definitely has a very nice looking exterior. I could see myself buying this if a) it doesn't drive like a boat and b) I could get the price down.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I saw a white one two days ago with temp tags.

The white looks very good but hides all the effort of the designer ... Looks sort of like an RL to me but somehow like they cut a corner somewhere.

It's probably some sort of unconscious bias because I knew what it was the moment I saw it and thought it was executed pretty well.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
that interior pic above does make it look kind of cheap. exterior very nice, especially the wheels.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Infamous425
that interior pic above does make it look kind of cheap. exterior very nice, especially the wheels.
I think its the angle. This one looks far better

Last edited by fsttyms1; 10-06-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Great looking GM! Been saying that alot of late..
Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm just not liking all the blue lighting. It's overdone and kinda gimicky IMO.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Cruisin'

Ooh. Looks nice.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:19 AM

This car looks really big.

Sedan CXL AWD

Base Price
$31,820
Drivetrain
All Wheel Drive
Curb Weight (lbs)

City (MPG)
18 (est)
Hwy (MPG)
27 (est)
Horsepower
252 @ 6900
Torque (lb-ft)
215 @ 5100
Wheelbase (in.)
Length (in.)
Width (in.)
Height (in.)

The above specs are for the 3.0L AWD, so you can bet that the 3.6L will be a little heavier.

For comparison, the 2010 MKZ is 3800 lbs, and that car looks REALLY big in person.

Base Price
$36,005
Drivetrain
All Wheel Drive
Curb Weight (lbs)

City (MPG)
17 (Est)
Hwy (MPG)
24 (Est)
Horsepower
263 @ 6250
Torque (lb-ft)
249 @ 4500
Wheelbase (in.)
Length (in.)
Width (in.)
Height (in.)

-These specs are from lln.

Cars seem to get bigger and bigger.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
This car looks really big.

-These specs are from lln.

Cars seem to get bigger and bigger.
Going by those specs that car is big. Much bigger than the MKZ
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 AM

^ That's what worries me about this car. I really like the way it looks, but that is just too big. But, I'll wait to make my final judgment until I see it in person.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:05 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the MKZ doesnt look big. its the same size as a fusion isnt it? the MKS is big.

Quick Reply: Buick: LaCrosse News