Buick: LaCrosse News

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:17 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mansa24
Since you guys like this Buick so much who is going to be the first to buy one?
it's not my first choice but i'd definitely buy one over a new acura
Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Type34
I'm hoping Buick (and GM for that matter) realizes that people are still apprehensive about investing in GM products and puts some attractive lease rates to promote Lacrosse sales. In this climate, money factors are surely high, but GM needs this launch to be successful.

That being said, I'd have no problem leasing this vehicle for 3 years. If everything went satisfactory during the 3 years, then I'd think about buying the next model...

The more I look at this car the more I say "hats off" to GM...I also think with the expected MSRP not to exceed $35,000 for a fully loaded CSX (nav, 19's, rear DVD, 3.6L 280hp V6 w/6sp, etc.), why would someone plunk down $50,000+ for a 3.7L 300hp V6 w/5sp Acura RL?
I agree with you on the pricing issue. It's crucial for GM to get it right the first time, or this car may be doomed from the start. That said, I expect a fully loaded CXS to be a little closer to 37-38K. The equipment levels justify that price, but more importantly, it's still thousands less than the ES350. For all trim levels, this car should be a better value than the ES350.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
It surely is a huge leap forward for Buick and GM. Though it looks really good now, I am still concerned about the long-term quality issues because GM does not have a good track record for that yet. They need to establish that quickly, but it is a bit tough now with all the financial issues over their future. So I probably will still pick the TL over this.

I don't get it - why does it take GM so long to produce something like this??? Do they really have to be completely broke and desperate to produce something decent?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:06 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ostrich, you would pick a new TL over this? you may need to check your eye prescription.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ostrich
It surely is a huge leap forward for Buick and GM. Though it looks really good now, I am still concerned about the long-term quality issues because GM does not have a good track record for that yet. They need to establish that quickly, but it is a bit tough now with all the financial issues over their future. So I probably will still pick the TL over this.

I don't get it - why does it take GM so long to produce something like this??? Do they really have to be completely broke and desperate to produce something decent?
I'm not worried about that. Buick's long term quality as ranked at the top of the ranks for many years now. I look forward to seeing JD Power's Initial quality report to see what that tells us.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
how handsome I am

I wonder if buick does lease trades... lol
Old 01-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Oh absolutely!

Originally Posted by agranado
ostrich, you would pick a new TL over this? you may need to check your eye prescription.
I absolutely would buy a TL over this. First, I don't need to have my eye prescription checked, because style preference is quite a subjective thing, and I think that the TL looks OK to me. Second, Buicks would not have the same reliability and resale value as an Acura. Third, would you be seen driving a Buick? I would NOT. At least not for now.

It's so easy to say that one would do this, one would do that online... but when one really is about to part with one's hard-earned cash, one probably would still go with the most sensible and reliable choice... and to me, Acura is definitely preferred over Buick at this moment in time.

I would love for you to post enthusiastically over the Buick enthusiasts forum... is there such a thing!? LOL
Old 01-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Safety Car

^ Conversely, your post is exactly what's still wrong with Buick, and the hole that GM has dug for itself as far as Buick and many of it's other brands; perception. Buicks are extremely reliable. However, they've looked like crap for years, and it's image is that of an old folks car. They've got to change their perception; part of it starts with product, and the new Lacrosse is definitely ready to shatter that image. The other components include marketing and customer service. Also, the rest of the lineup has to be upgraded to the Lacrosse's par, or it's all for nothing.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I wouldn't buy this car because its front wheel drive but I would absolutely buy the new CTS. GM is coming along very nicely....
Old 01-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts
The only snag I see in rolling out the Lacrosse is the dealer network of Buick-GMC-Pontiac.

In 2006 when we were looking to replace our Ford Escape (and ended up with the MDX), we were serious about the GMC Envoy Denali. When we went to our local Buick-GMC-Pontiac dealer in Orange County, it was a relative dump.

The chairs were like 1985-brown and the desks were randomly scattered about...it was embarrassing. We were looking at a near-$50K vehicle and we were sitting on a coffee-stained chair in some pseudo-cubicle. If the Buick-GMC-Pontiac dealers are serious about selling vehicles like the Lacrosse to buyers like me, then they need to renovate their dealerships asap.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I wouldn't buy this car because its front wheel drive but I would absolutely buy the new CTS. GM is coming along very nicely....
That's the sole reservation I have with this car.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Type34
The only snag I see in rolling out the Lacrosse is the dealer network of Buick-GMC-Pontiac.

In 2006 when we were looking to replace our Ford Escape (and ended up with the MDX), we were serious about the GMC Envoy Denali. When we went to our local Buick-GMC-Pontiac dealer in Orange County, it was a relative dump.

The chairs were like 1985-brown and the desks were randomly scattered about...it was embarrassing. We were looking at a near-$50K vehicle and we were sitting on a coffee-stained chair in some pseudo-cubicle. If the Buick-GMC-Pontiac dealers are serious about selling vehicles like the Lacrosse to buyers like me, then they need to renovate their dealerships asap.
+1. Though the dealerships down here (in New Orleans) aren't as bad as that, they're still "regular." Buick is supposed to be aspiration, as is GMC. Pontiac will be on life support in a few years, and you'll really have just the two marques on the floor. The B-P-G network certainly needs to be upgraded to help inviting customers in to buy more expensive cars. Also, it'll also improve the perceived brand image of Buick and GMC.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

wow.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
I would love for you to post enthusiastically over the Buick enthusiasts forum... is there such a thing!? LOL
On the flip side of the coin are their really any more Acura enthusiasts around? They are a dying breed.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:18 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
On the flip side of the coin are their really any more Acura enthusiasts around? They are a dying breed.
Oh, there'll be plenty. Once the kids with Civics, Integras, RSXs, Fits, etc. grow up a little more they'll start graduating to Acuras.

Buick is starting to inject youth into their brand with the Enclave and now this LaCrosse. Err.... well, at least more people in their late 20's and 30's compared to those eligible for pension as in the past.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Oh, there'll be plenty. Once the kids with Civics, Integras, RSXs, Fits, etc. grow up a little more they'll start graduating to Acuras.
Doubtful....clearly you have not seen the beak.

Until Acura changes things....completely.....consumers are going to walk away in droves.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Doubtful....clearly you have not seen the beak.

Until Acura changes things....completely.....consumers are going to walk away in droves.
You have a point there. Hmm.... maybe Acura is testing the resolve of its Honda fanboys???
Old 01-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Instructor

Acura TSX and TL both are still awesome cars and i would take them over buick and GM any day, yea it is new style for the TL and a new generation but it is the future and Acura knows what they are doing, i don't doubt them for a second. It is a different look from what people expected but it is still a sexy car to have so i believe it just has to grow on people. 2nd of all why in the world we talking about Buicks vs. Acura comon dont you see the big picture ?

THERE IS NONE

acura and buick dont go in same sentence, i admit buick improved, but they are still 5 years behind acura, lexus, bmw, mercedes, infiniti any top of the line car.

Basically lets put it like this what Buick finally learned and remembered what to do, Acura done it, and forgot it. That is just the way it is Acura is the future with BMW,MERCEDES BENZ, INFINITI,LEXUS period.

Good try buick.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AATSX

acura and buick dont go in same sentence, i admit buick improved, but they are still 5 years behind acura, lexus, bmw, mercedes, infiniti any top of the line car.

Good try buick.

Putting Acura in the company of BMW, MB, Et all is also a joke...
Old 01-30-2009, 02:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by titan
Putting Acura in the company of BMW, MB, Et all is also a joke...
well actually they are very comparable (yea their names and prices are well documentaed internationally) but very much of the models are luxury and powerful like them, and also acura,lexus,infiniti wasnt around for as long as MB, BMW

some would say lexus is on top over MB and BMW they are economical and performance is right up there along with luxury so...this dispute can go on forever but in of the day, in nutshell they are similar and comparable in many ways.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Safety Car

well actually they are very comparable (yea their names and prices are well documentaed internationally) but very much of the models are luxury and powerful like them, and also acura,lexus,infiniti wasnt around for as long as MB, BMW

some would say lexus is on top over MB and BMW they are economical and performance is right up there along with luxury so...this dispute can go on forever but in of the day, in nutshell they are similar and comparable in many ways.
No, they're not. Acura's not Tier 1 Luxury, no matter how one would love for them to be. Neither Infiniti nor Acura has a proper flagship. Atleast Infiniti's lineup is RWD, like MB and BMW. Lexus is the only Japanese luxury car manufacturer who is on par with the Germans. I love Infiniti and Acura but they're simply not there yet. Infiniti is close, but it's missing a few pieces in it's lineup; notably the Q. Acura still doesn't have RWD, and it still doesn't offer a V8 in it's lineup; two of it's three sedans are seen by many as tarted up Accord variants. Sure, Acura's on the "right path," but they ARE NOT on par with the Germans, or Lexus for that matter. Period.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I really like this car!

Just from personal experience, our Buick Enclave has been flawless. It is such a better vehicle inside then the '07 Yukon we replaced. We've got almost 19K miles on it and it is still just as quiet inside and smooth riding as it was the first week. No rattles at all! No other problems whatsoever.

Honestly, I have no problems riding around in a Buick at age 30. The ride is amazing
Old 01-30-2009, 09:24 PM
how handsome I am

Acura TSX and TL both are still awesome cars and i would take them over buick and GM any day, yea it is new style for the TL and a new generation but it is the future and Acura knows what they are doing, i don't doubt them for a second. It is a different look from what people expected but it is still a sexy car to have so i believe it just has to grow on people. 2nd of all why in the world we talking about Buicks vs. Acura comon dont you see the big picture ?

THERE IS NONE

Basically lets put it like this what Buick finally learned and remembered what to do, Acura done it, and forgot it. That is just the way it is Acura is the future with BMW,MERCEDES BENZ, INFINITI,LEXUS period.

Good try buick.
I will admit that the 3g and 2g TL's were hot cars... no doubt. I was desperate to drop my 1gCL for a used 2gTL back when I started looking around about a year ago.

However, this new 4gTL is just not doing the Acura brand right with that awful exterior styling.

Buick's Lacrosse is clean and good looking exterior wise, the interior is just absolutely great and in my opinion can give this TL a run.

And maybe in the future Acura runs alongside MB, Lexus, Infiniti, etc... Right now, it's not anywhere near that level. They're trying with this "whatever edge" design, but its just heaps of fail everywhere you look.

and buick and acura have more in common than you may think.

Think about it.. this car will probably share many features with the TL, is powered similarly to the TL, and has FWD like the TL. If Buick can market the shit out of this car, there's nothing to say that people wont say "hmm, there's this TL and a new Buick we can go check out."

Features seem like they'll be on par with each other, design (in my opinion) go to buick, and price will probably go to buick as well...

in fact, imagine this for the sake of comparison.. Buick Lacrosse (underdog first year contender) vs Acura TL / TSX (established FWD entry lux market contender) Audi A4 (Step up FWD lux market) vs Lexus ES (creme de le crop of this FWD entry market share)

Last edited by agranado; 01-30-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 Buick Lacross

I just saw the 2010 Buick Lacross. It is direct competition to the current TL.

Fully loaded it is $38,900, which includes
19" wheels
280 HP V6
6 speed auto with sport mode
USB port
40 gig hard drive
XM
Navi
Spoiler kit
Heads up display
blue ambient lighting
100K powertrain warranty
Its a good looking car, inside and out (outside reminds me of a Camry)

Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Ak Ting Up

Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
but is it available in manual?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Ak Ting Up

Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Ak Ting Up

Originally Posted by SG81
I don't think so, and that does give the TL an advantage. How easy is it to get the 4g TL in a manual tranny?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Ak Ting Up

Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraVic
I don't think so, and that does give the TL an advantage. How easy is it to get the 4g TL in a manual tranny?
i read in the 4g forums that they're mostly pre sold, so i guess you'd have to wait a bit. for me, a manual tranny is very important. it's the difference between me considering a car or scratching it off my list.

but don't get me wrong. the Buick is a very nice car
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Ak Ting Up

i read in the 4g forums that they're mostly pre sold, so i guess you'd have to wait a bit. for me, a manual tranny is very important. it's the difference between me considering a car or scratching it off my list.

but don't get me wrong. the Buick is a very nice car
I feel ya, I wanted a manual 3g but didn't have the patience to wait.

I started this thread because I am impressed with this sedan, coming from an American car company. It is great looking with a good price point (base is 33K), fully loaded is under 40K, and has a good warranty.
I think Buick hit the "bullseye" on the sedan target.

Also, I'm a little frustrated because I am ready to move up to a sedan a little bigger than the 3g TL, but I don't like the current RL.

Last edited by AcuraVic; 09-24-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not going to lie, it definitely looks very impressive. But honestly...to some people (including me) image is somewhat important (alongside how well it drives, and performance, etc). At the end of the day it is still a buick...
Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Ak Ting Up

Rear View

Old 09-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Ak Ting Up

Originally Posted by thevikas87
I'm not going to lie, it definitely looks very impressive. But honestly...to some people (including me) image is somewhat important (alongside how well it drives, and performance, etc). At the end of the day it is still a buick...
I agree, and I haven't seen a review of the performance other than a mention of its smooth ride, which is expected of a Buick.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
nice looking car, but resale would worry me since gm cars some seem to fare well. msrp seems too high unless they are giving the usual 10k off.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
I just saw the 2010 Buick Lacross. It is direct competition to the current TL.

Maybe, but based on the commercial I saw yesterday, they are specifically targeting the Lexus ES350.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqOqZ3pfkTI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqOqZ3pfkTI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I don't think so, and that does give the TL an advantage. ....

Not really. Or not enough to matter.

Something like 95% of the public want and drive AT. I'd guess ~98%+ of those considering the Lacross or ES350 would NOT be swayed by lack of an MT option.

Last edited by Bearcat94; 09-24-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Beautiful!

If Buick stays on this track, in a few short years, resale will be up, and so will the image of driving a Buick.

Nice work GM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Ak Ting Up

Originally Posted by dallison
nice looking car, but resale would worry me since gm cars some seem to fare well. msrp seems too high unless they are giving the usual 10k off.
You think the MSRP is high considering all the options on the "loaded" model?

The local dealer (Atlanta) says the loaded model is $38,750, with a $500 rebate.
And, they will give an additional $500 rebate ($1000 total) if you waive the 60 day return program.
O.K., I think GM is sending the wrong message bargaining the 60 day return program.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Ak Ting Up

The Buick website lists the TL among others (ES350) that they are competing...

Also, there is an ad on Acurazine that says LaCross vs TL , LaCross wins.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
I really like the way it looks as well, especially from the rear. The Lacrosse and the Lincoln MKS are some of the best looking cars to come out recently.

Quick Reply: Buick: LaCrosse News