Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 09:04 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts

American Honda Reports July Sales Results - Sales - Honda News

American Honda Reports July Sales Results

Aug 1, 2018
  • All-new 2019 Acura RDX scores second-consecutive sales record with 5,784 units sold in July
  • Honda Pilot sales continue momentum – jumping another 30.5% in July, bolstered by redesigned 2019 model
  • Honda CR-V sales top 32,000 for the month – advancing industry retail SUV sales leadership
  • New Honda Insight quickly posts nearly 2,000 sales in its first full month even before marketing launch

“For the first time in our company's history, the Honda brand is on pace this year to sell more light trucks than passenger cars,” said Henio Arcangeli Jr., senior vice president of the American Honda Automobile Division. “Honda's unique flexibility within our U.S. manufacturing operations has played a critical role in our ability to adjust our production mix and capitalize on the market's shift toward light trucks.”

Honda Sales Highlights

While one less sales weekend than the same period in 2017 led in part to a dip in sales, customers showed a preference for the brand's light trucks including the refreshed-for-2019 Pilot and HR-V, and hot-selling CR-V.
  • With the refreshed 2019 Pilot going on sale July 16, Honda's three-row SUV extended its winning streak of sales increases to 11 straight months, jumping 30.5% on sales of 13,026 vehicles.
  • CR-V delivered again in July with sales of 32,844 units, an increase of 3.4%.
  • Despite the shorter sales month and tight supplies, Civic sales remained strong in July with more than 26,000 units sold.
  • Sales of the brand-new Honda Insight jumped out to a strong start with 1,972 units sold in its first full month on the market.

Model Notes

As the retail best-selling car in America in 2016, 2017 and 2018, Civic is in a race with itself as Honda continues to prove that America still loves a topnotch passenger car.

The 2019 refresh of Pilot adds more rugged character to Honda's sophisticated 3-row SUV, which is seeing big sales increases with a dedicated production line in Alabama.

Acura Sales Highlights

Acura light trucks returned as a 1-2 punch powerhouse with the new RDX posting a second consecutive monthly sales record and MDX contributing strong sales boosted by a refreshed 2019 model that entered the market on July 17.
  • RDX sales totaled 5,784 for the month — a new July record.
  • The just-refreshed MDX, with a new A-Spec variant for 2019, helped the perennial best-seller to more than 4,300 sales in July.

model Notes

Last year's update to the TLX, including the A-Spec model, has been well received by the market, with TLX outselling BMW 3-Series and Audi A4 on a retail basis in the first half of 2018.

The addition of Acura's A-Spec package to the 2019 MDX lineup adds a new dimension to America's all-time best-selling 3-row luxury SUV.

Last edited by AZuser; 08-01-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
TLX is dying

I wonder if they'll replace it sooner than expected.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintor
They are not fake news. Both of you whiners are in denial of the two points made.Hyundai Motor profit disappoints on U.S. slump, slow China

Honda muscles into No. 2 spot among automakers in Indonesia

Creating another diversion will be just it... another diversion.

Genesis is a joke and our local Hyundai just removed them from their banner with no replacement around. Never saw a Stinger on the road too.
Who are the whiners? The only whiners here i see is you and SSFTSX.... Diversion? this is a Acura sales thread and who is the one who keeps bring up Hyundai??
The following users liked this post:
YEH (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Team Owner

Last year's update to the TLX, including the A-Spec model, has been well received by the market, with TLX outselling BMW 3-Series and Audi A4 on a retail basis in the first half of 2018.
Are they making up their own definition of retail basis?
RPhilMan1 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 12:26 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,472 Likes on 929 Posts
Uglier Accord taking a hit compared to last year.

I'm surprised to see the Civic down so much.

Acura continuing to be a joke. The new RDX didn't help bump the numbers up that much either.
F23A4 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Race Director

Received 627 Likes on 505 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Are they making up their own definition of retail basis?
Does BMW and Audi have a lot of fleet sales?
Old 08-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 5,389 Likes on 3,690 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
A Stinger just parked beside me at the gym. Battle ship grey. Looked fuggin awesome. I see them almost daily these days.

It's so awesome that a previoualy universally hated company like Hyundai can build a superior product to the mighty Acura...
Saw one of these at the airport today. Absolutely color. On a Stinger GT, it'd be my top choice.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Received 5,915 Likes on 2,915 Posts
They are not fake news. Both of you whiners are in denial of the two points made.

Hyundai Motor profit disappoints on U.S. slump, slow China

Honda muscles into No. 2 spot among automakers in Indonesia

Creating another diversion will be just it... another diversion.

Genesis is a joke and our local Hyundai just removed them from their banner with no replacement around. Never saw a Stinger on the road too.
Small sample size bias. Well done adding another element to your supply of fallacious arguments.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Team Owner

"I never notice a car that I hate because it's better* than mine! I never look for it on the roads because I know my car sucks, so it's clear to me no one buys the Stinger!!"

* larger in size, more power, better performance, better brakes, better quality leather, a bit more comfortable, much more recognizable, etc.

I can't wait for Saintor to come back and tell us how superb his fuel economy is in his TLX... even though he is forced to drive in Sport+ mode all the time due to him admitting the transmission otherwise sucks. Oh, those claimed fuel economy numbers can never be hit while in Sport+ mode? Welp, there goes that argument!

#winning

Last edited by TacoBello; 08-01-2018 at 03:28 PM.
YEH (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Who are the whiners? The only whiners here i see is you and SSFTSX.... Diversion? this is a Acura sales thread and who is the one who keeps bring up Hyundai??
Keep looking, especially in that mirror.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
this so called Stinger is slower than Honda Accord.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...wd-test-review
And horrible fuel economy too. My TLX V6 AWD has a better fuel economy than those two losers.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...39913&id=39718
Old 08-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Team Owner

Keep looking, especially in that mirror.
Sorry, i only see ur ugly face,
Old 08-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Team Owner

And horrible fuel economy too. My TLX V6 AWD has a better fuel economy than those two losers.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=39913&id=39718
So does Prius.

When you have good fuel economy in a performance oriented car, that means you suck at driving.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ttribe
Small sample size bias. Well done adding another element to your supply of fallacious arguments.
No it is not.

https://www.tflcar.com/2018/07/genes...e-dealerships/

Genesis Sales Drop
Under the new plan, Genesis can no longer sell their 2019 model year cars in Hyundai showrooms. So, until they actually have any places to sell their cars, Genesis is not importing its Korean-built vehicles into the US for sale.
And for 3 months, the three Stinger GT (blue, red and cement gray) at our Kia dealer don't seem to move at all.

Last edited by Saintor; 08-01-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:00 AM

Way to quote-mine and strip all the context from the quote. Let's add some back:

Over the past month, Genesis sales totaled 796 vehicles, the first time the brand’s sales have dipped below 1,000 units per month. On the surface, then, the two-year-old company seems to be struggling. Over the past six months, the Korean automaker’s sales figures have dropped over 50% year-over-year.However, Erwin Raphael, Genesis’ U.S. Chief, says that the recent sales dip is nearly in line with their business plan, or just 3% off of their targets. That’s because Genesis is taking a several steps that aim to boost their sales in the future.

So how does that work? Folks with knowledge of the industry will quickly blame this slump on declining sedan sales. Sure, sedans are declining, and Genesis currently has a lineup of just sedans. But it’s not just that – there is a more nuanced answer to this sales slump.So far, Genesis sales of the G80 and G90 luxury sedans have taken place exclusively through Hyundai dealerships. The brand has functioned as a sub-brand for the past two years. Now, however, that has changed, as Genesis has become its own separate entity. While Hyundai still owns Genesis, the company’s grander plan is to have Genesis brand-specific dealerships. Currently, there is a network of roughly 850 Hyundai dealerships where you can buy a G80 or G90. Genesis is going to offer those dealerships the chance to sign a new franchise agreement to become a Genesis dealership instead.

Under the new plan, Genesis can no longer sell their 2019 model year cars in Hyundai showrooms. So, until they actually have any places to sell their cars, Genesis is not importing its Korean-built vehicles into the US for sale. Only the standalone Genesis dealerships will have access to 2019 models, like the all-new G70. In total, Genesis hopes to convert about 100 of its 850 Hyundai dealerships into Genesis showrooms.
In other words, this is part of the conversion process from selling the Genesis brand at Hyundai dealerships to selling the brand at its own dealerships. That doesn't support your argument. At all.

And for 3 months, the three Stinger GT (blue, red and cement gray) at our Kia dealer don't seem to move at all.
Again, small sample size bias. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
The following 2 users liked this post by ttribe:
TacoBello (08-03-2018), YEH (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 5,389 Likes on 3,690 Posts
^ I also recall reading that they [Hyundai] had relaxed the standalone requirement & were allowing Genesis to still be sold alongside Hyundai?

And, I see a few Stingers/week here in Houston. We've got a couple dealers with good stock, there just aren't good incentives on them yet to make the buy more appealing. Looks like lease incentives are a lot better, with people buying out the lease immediately.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:15 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
is it joke comparing Acura with Geneiss which barely sales 1000 units a month and Acura that sells 12000 a month. I am not even sure what is execution appeal as totally worthless brands are up in ranking.
the income report is prior quarter ending June 30. not some old. so where are your claims of profitable sales increase in recent months?
Actually, what's a joke is trying to compare a brand w/ TWO models currently (and no CUVs) w/ a brand that has 5-6, including 2 CUVs (why don't we compare Alfa Romeo sales to Acura sales while we're at it?).

And if you knew anything about the auto industry (based on your history of posting, you clearly don't) - the current dip in sales of the G80 and G90 is due to Genesis wanting to wind down the 2018 models before they launch the 2019 MY, including the G70, at the dealerships that have been awarded a Genesis franchise.

without Civic and CRV Honda sales flying in India and you think It is only depended on US, China. what a joke.
Honda sales in India are no where near Hyundai's (and Kia is about to enter the Indian market as well).

And didn't say that Honda was only dependent on the US, Japan and China markets (stop mischaracterizating what I had stated) - but overly dependent which is totally true.

Sure, there are other markets where Honda has a pretty good market position (like Malaysia and Indonesia) - but those markets aren't India, Russia and Brazil, much less the EU (where Honda is a bit player).

They are not useless. it showing that Honda despite selling less vehicles than H/K group has higher sales revenue and profits. creating niche vehicles like NSX or Honda Jet has practically no impact. so Yeh should shut up permanently about babbling about RLX costs to Honda.
for example. Honda Pilot is taller than Hyundai/Kia SUVs but it is still faster and efficient. not to mention multi terrain torque vectoring AWD system. this is called quality of R&D.

Not only will the upcoming Hyundai Palisade make the Pilot look more plain/bland than it already is, but also make the Pilot's interior even more drab and chinzy in comparison.

Same goes for the upcoming Kia Telluride.

Says something when the Highlander is more interesting to look at; but the Pilot has good company in blandness when it comes to the Subie Ascent.

this so called Stinger is slower than Honda Accord.
Hmmm, and yet, Accord sales have been in a steep decline.

C/D got a 6.0s 0-60 time w/ the 2.0T Stinger.

Sure, the 2.0T Accord is 0.5 ticks quicker (for now), but that's largely due to the Accord weighing a hefty 270 lbs lighter.

And sorry, any true enthusiasts doesn't get excited about driving the Accord (no matter how good it is for a family sedan), which is not the case for the Stinger.

Thus far, Alex (Alex on Autos), Sofyan (Redline Reviews) and Matt (Matt Moran) have all picked the Stinger as the car they would get if they were getting a sedan-like vehicle.

C/D's rankings for entry-level lux cars.

#19 - TLX (3rd from last; just ahead of the MKZ and S60)
#6 - Stinger
#5 - Genesis G70

#'s 2 thru 4 are Audis, but C/D really should have combined the A5 coupe and sportback, so in reality, G70 #4 and Stinger #5.

And oh, despite likely more vigorous driving w/ the Stinger, C/D got the same observed fuel economy as it did w/ the Accord (despite the Accord weighing substantially less).

In addition, the Accord won't be quicker for long as the Stinger will get the new 2.5T as its base engine - which will offer more power and increased efficiency.

C/D got a slower time (compared to the Accord) for the BMW 430i xDrive GC, but doubt those BMW drivers care.

Um, you know - a certain # of dealerships are getting a Genesis store, so the ones that aren't are no longer able to sell any Genesis models.

As for the Stinger, it's doing pretty well - selling btwn 1,500-1,700 monthly w/ almost half being the GT trims w/ the TTV6.

I'll bet Kia easily sells more of the Stinger in GT2 trim ($52k MSRP) than Acura does the RLX.

And the Stinger is also doing well in other markets.

For instance, in Germany (where they know something about performance lux sedans), the Stinger outsells not only the entire Lexus RWD lineup. but the entire Lexus and Infiniti RWD lineups (and by a good margin).

Would say something about Acura sales in the EU, but can't talk about something that doesn't exist.

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
^ I also recall reading that they [Hyundai] had relaxed the standalone requirement & were allowing Genesis to still be sold alongside Hyundai?

And, I see a few Stingers/week here in Houston. We've got a couple dealers with good stock, there just aren't good incentives on them yet to make the buy more appealing. Looks like lease incentives are a lot better, with people buying out the lease immediately.
Yeah, a major issue has been leasing terms.

They have gotten a bit better, but at one point, it was $200 cheaper to lease a Q50 Red Sport than a Stinger GT2.

As for the Genesis dealership situation - all Hyundai dealerships that are awarded a Genesis franchise will have to build out a separate Genesis store (a pretty substantial build-out requirement of around $8 to $10 million).

Those that are awarded a Genesis franchise (the process is still ongoing and won't be finished til the 1st Q of next year) will be allowed to sell the '19MY Genesis, including the G70 at their current facilities while they start the process of building out their separate Genesis store.

All other Hyundai dealerships will stop selling the G80 or G80/G90 as they run out of the 2018MY.

Going back to Acura sales, as I have stated before, the saving grace for Acura have been the RDX and MDX, but road is getting tougher as new competition enters the pipeline - such as the new Cadillac CUVs, the revamped Lincoln CUVs and the upcoming Genesis CUVs.

Last edited by YEH; 08-02-2018 at 06:29 PM.
00TL-P3.2 (08-03-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 07:08 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

In addition to the TLX's piss-poor ranking by C/D when it comes to entry-level lux cars, the TLX 3.5 SHAWD in A-Spec form is hardly quicker than the 2.0T Stinger (5.7s vs. 6.0s).

The Stinger GT2 simply destroys the A-Spec with its 4.4s time and the G70 is even quicker (and when it gets the upgrade to the new 10 spd AT, should be even faster).

But hey, the 2.0T Accord beats the top trim TLX (at least the top trim Stinger still beats the Accord, and pretty handily at that) - guess why get the Accord+ when the Accord is faster?

Talk about slow...

TLX 2.4 - 6.8s (which is slower than the Sonata Eco with the 1.6T)

IS200t - 6.5s (particularly embarrassing for a turbo-4 in something as small as the IS)

And oh, C/D got 23 mpg for the A-spec.

Last edited by YEH; 08-02-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by YEH
In addition to the TLX's piss-poor ranking by C/D when it comes to entry-level lux cars, the TLX 3.5 SHAWD in A-Spec form is hardly quicker than the 2.0T Stinger (5.7s vs. 6.0s).

The Stinger GT2 simply destroys the A-Spec with its 4.4s time and the G70 is even quicker (and when it gets the upgrade to the new 10 spd AT, should be even faster).

But hey, the 2.0T Accord beats the top trim TLX (at least the top trim Stinger still beats the Accord, and pretty handily at that) - guess why get the Accord+ when the Accord is faster?

Talk about slow...

IS200t - 6.5s (particularly embarrassing for a turbo-4 in something as small as the IS)

this your Hyundai ECO. small 16 inch size tire with 205 width. TLX FWD still beat it at higher speeds despite pulling higher Gs.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/amv-prod-ca...ta-16l-eco.pdf

There is no evidence that Kia-stringer can pull Gs with all season tires than TLX. TLX already the quietest car in its class.

he GT’s standard equipment is certainly appropriate to its mission. Our AWD test car came with Brembo brakes, adjustable dampers, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 performance footwear—sized 225/40ZR-19 in front and 255/35ZR-19 at the rear—on handsome aluminum wheels.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by YEH
Actually, what's a joke is trying to compare a brand w/ TWO models currently (and no CUVs) w/ a brand that has 5-6, including 2 CUVs (why don't we compare Alfa Romeo sales to Acura sales while we're at it?).

And if you knew anything about the auto industry (based on your history of posting, you clearly don't) - the current dip in sales of the G80 and G90 is due to Genesis wanting to wind down the 2018 models before they launch the 2019 MY, including the G70, at the dealerships that have been awarded a Genesis franchise.
so what so special about Genesis winding down one model year to the next.

Honda sales in India are no where near Hyundai's (and Kia is about to enter the Indian market as well).
Honda does not have that many models in India.
And didn't say that Honda was only dependent on the US, Japan and China markets (stop mischaracterizating what I had stated) - but overly dependent which is totally true.

Sure, there are other markets where Honda has a pretty good market position (like Malaysia and Indonesia) - but those markets aren't India, Russia and Brazil, much less the EU (where Honda is a bit player).
did you forget Thailand .

Not only will the upcoming Hyundai Palisade make the Pilot look more plain/bland than it already is, but also make the Pilot's interior even more drab and chinzy in comparison.

Same goes for the upcoming Kia Telluride.

Says something when the Highlander is more interesting to look at; but the Pilot has good company in blandness when it comes to the Subie Ascent.
Highlander very narrow vehicle. it has very low G ability in turns. Pilot has spacious interior.

Hmmm, and yet, Accord sales have been in a steep decline.
As if other sedans are not in steep decline.
C/D got a 6.0s 0-60 time w/ the 2.0T Stinger.

Sure, the 2.0T Accord is 0.5 ticks quicker (for now), but that's largely due to the Accord weighing a hefty 270 lbs lighter.
not just look at 0-60 time but 0-120 time. the higher the speed the more advantage to Honda.
And sorry, any true enthusiasts doesn't get excited about driving the Accord (no matter how good it is for a family sedan), which is not the case for the Stinger.
this your opinion not a fact.
Thus far, Alex (Alex on Autos), Sofyan (Redline Reviews) and Matt (Matt Moran) have all picked the Stinger as the car they would get if they were getting a sedan-like vehicle.

C/D's rankings for entry-level lux cars.

#19 - TLX (3rd from last; just ahead of the MKZ and S60)
#6 - Stinger
#5 - Genesis G70

#'s 2 thru 4 are Audis, but C/D really should have combined the A5 coupe and sportback, so in reality, G70 #4 and Stinger #5.

And oh, despite likely more vigorous driving w/ the Stinger, C/D got the same observed fuel economy as it did w/ the Accord (despite the Accord weighing substantially less).

In addition, the Accord won't be quicker for long as the Stinger will get the new 2.5T as its base engine - which will offer more power and increased efficiency.

C/D got a slower time (compared to the Accord) for the BMW 430i xDrive GC, but doubt those BMW drivers care.
Again making worthless predictions. Any Non-Honda vehicle with all season tires will be slower than Honda. Don't mix and match comparision of vehicles with different tires.

Um, you know - a certain # of dealerships are getting a Genesis store, so the ones that aren't are no longer able to sell any Genesis models.

As for the Stinger, it's doing pretty well - selling btwn 1,500-1,700 monthly w/ almost half being the GT trims w/ the TTV6.

I'll bet Kia easily sells more of the Stinger in GT2 trim ($52k MSRP) than Acura does the RLX.

And the Stinger is also doing well in other markets.
It is not doing well as Hyundai group will always have several times lower profits than Honda.
For instance, in Germany (where they know something about performance lux sedans), the Stinger outsells not only the entire Lexus RWD lineup. but the entire Lexus and Infiniti RWD lineups (and by a good margin).
It will be Korea el cheapo or German think its German developed vechile.
Would say something about Acura sales in the EU, but can't talk about something that doesn't exist.
They not stupid to start Acura without comprenshive hybrids across lineup like lexus.

All other Hyundai dealerships will stop selling the G80 or G80/G90 as they run out of the 2018MY.

Going back to Acura sales, as I have stated before, the saving grace for Acura have been the RDX and MDX, but road is getting tougher as new competition enters the pipeline - such as the new Cadillac CUVs, the revamped Lincoln CUVs and the upcoming Genesis CUVs.
you have been repeating the same stale arguments for years. Audi has to launch ten times more vehicle combination than Acura to surpass it and they still caught up in diesel gate and vehicles ending up in rental fleets.. I wonder when you will learn anything about Honda.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Race Director

Received 627 Likes on 505 Posts
Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Team Owner

ohhh i missed the tire talk....

Again making worthless predictions. Any Non-Honda vehicle with all season tires will be slower than Honda. Don't mix and match comparision of vehicles with different tires.
and Yes how many Gs i could pull is what i am looking for in an SUV Physics > you

Highlander very narrow vehicle. it has very low G ability in turns. Pilot has spacious interior.
ttribe (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Banned

Way to quote-mine and strip all the context from the quote. Let's add some back:

In other words, this is part of the conversion process from selling the Genesis brand at Hyundai dealerships to selling the brand at its own dealerships. That doesn't support your argument. At all.
You suck at reading.

It isn't working for them NOW, so they try something else. Do not assume that a new experience will fare better just because. As an Hyundai bloated car ex-owner with two subsequent non Hyundai cars, you should know better.

Last edited by Saintor; 08-03-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Team Owner

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...39913&id=39718
No you don't because you're always driving in Sport+ mode, meaning your fuel economy is shit. Don't twist your story around to fit your argument.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by YEH

Talk about slow...

Again the diverting game I was talking about. above (I was so damn right, again)

Hyundai/Kia can win at the most-baloney-for-the-buck. But that's still baloney.

I don't like baloney.

Both are more expensive than Acura TLX for not much added value. I have some experience with the Stinger and came out unimpressed, and the price was not that interesting.

The Kia Stinger and Genesis G70 are dead on birth animals. Both brands should have focused on SUV.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Team Owner

No you prefer piece of shit cars over baloney
Old 08-03-2018, 12:46 PM

You suck at reading.
Really? Show me where it says this "new" strategy is designed to curb failing sales. You see, I happen to remember when they announced they were going to make Genesis their own brand they clearly stated they would be transitioning to stand-alone dealerships.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Team Owner

LOL he is more impressed with TLX than a 365hp RWD Stinger?

Oh yah i forgot he cares so much about mpg, of course he is not impressed. Like i said you should try Prius... you will be very very impressed.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:03 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Saintor and SSFTSX are cancer to this forum.

I've never seen such fuckery come out of two members who own incredibly slow and stock vehicles. Yet, have such strong arguments on what performance, fuel economy and what enthusiast like..
TacoBello (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Saintor and SSFTSX are cancer to this forum.<br /><br />I've never seen such fuckery come out of two members who own incredibly slow and stock vehicles. Yet, have such strong arguments on what performance, fuel economy and what enthusiast like..
<br /><br />Well you are past history and don't know as your $4000 POS is something totally not current. Boy, TLX is Acura's future. If you don't like it, get out.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Banned

Really? Show me where it says this "new" strategy is designed to curb failing sales.
As I wrote, you suck at reading.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:22 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
<br /><br />Well you are past history and don't know as your $4000 POS is something totally not current. Boy, TLX is Acura's future. If you don't like it, get out.

Someone is triggered..

Since you wanted to go there with me lets have a real discussion about this.

I can currently sell my "Piece of shit $4000 TL" for more than what your TLX goes for. Not kidding either. I have members here and on social media who are willing to pay what i'm asking for.

Since you want to bring money into this conversation, I would have lay down and take a nap coming from such a baller on a budget paying $120 per month for the worse Acura sedan produced and you still use regular because you're broke. My modifications on my TL is more than your TLX was new, twice over. Those are facts my friend, not the crap that comes out of your ass.

Keep on paying those monthly lease payments on your prestigious TLX, princess.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:28 PM

As I wrote, you suck at reading.
So, you are unable to show how the story YOU QUOTED actually supports your argument, and you are too much of a coward to admit when you are wrong. Got it.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:48 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

this your Hyundai ECO. small 16 inch size tire with 205 width. TLX FWD still beat it at higher speeds despite pulling higher Gs.
The very fact that the ECO trim (a trim developed for fuel economy and hence, shod w/ tires that don't grip) is quicker than the base TLX should be beyond embarrassing.

There is no evidence that Kia-stringer can pull Gs with all season tires than TLX. TLX already the quietest car in its class.
Aside from the Stinger GT2 simply destroying the A-Spec in all manners of acceleration (mind you, that's for a vehicle that weighs over 4k lbs -

0-60 (4.4s vs. 5.7s)
50-70 (3.2s vs. 4.1)
1/4 mile (12.9s vs. 14.2s)

The GT2 also takes corners at higher Gs (0.93 vs. 0.86).

Not Kia's problem that Honda either didn't think the A-Spec warranted summer performance tires or were too cheap to do so (you don't see the Germans cheaping out on tires, esp. for their top trims); plus, the Stinger would be even better on taking turns if it had wider wheels up front.

And when the Stinger gets the 2.5T (which will replace the 2.0T) and the new 10 spd AT, the base engine will be faster than the A-Spec.

so what so special about Genesis winding down one model year to the next.
It's not just winding down models, but relaunching the brand only at dealerships that will be getting a Genesis store (hence, they don't want too many leftover 2018MY around when they do so).

And even when an automaker is simply winding down an old model, sales can get really low - see Audi w/ sales of the A6 (157 - hey, that's RLX territory!) and A8 (34).

Honda does not have that many models in India.
Doesn't matter; point remains that Honda is not a major player in India.

did you forget Thailand .
Didn't forget - just chose not to do so; just as I didn't list every country where H/K do well (like Vietnam, Australia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Israel, etc.).

None of this changes the fact that Honda is overly reliant on the US, Japan and China markets.

And yet, the Highlander outsells the Pilot.

And none of that matters when I was simply pointed out that the Pilot out-drabs the Highlander (which isn't anything special to look at to begin w/).

Gee, can't imagine what you come back w/ when the Palisade and Telluride have not only a more spacious, but more premium interiors.

And why do you have an incessant need to repeatedly post pics of Honda/Acura products?

They're still mostly bland or fugly and pretty much everyone here are very familiar w/ what they look like.

As if other sedans are not in steep decline.
Not all.

The 5 Series is up over 14% YTD; Q50 only down 2.9% YTD; A5 up 77.6%, E Class/CLS up nearly 5%; Panamera up 49%; etc.

Even w/ declining car sales, BMW and MB still sell a lot of 3/4 Series, C Class, 5 Series and E Class.

Lexus sold 1,500 more of the ES, alone, than did Acura for its entire car lineup.

not just look at 0-60 time but 0-120 time. the higher the speed the more advantage to Honda.
Sure seems like advantage Honda...

From Motor Trend...

It's also impossible to talk about the TLX without bringing up its corporate sibling, the Honda Accord. The new Accord might not offer all-wheel drive or a V-6, but the 2.0T is remarkably sporty and can be had with an optional manual transmission. The Accord can't quite hang with the TLX in the corners, but the 2.0T proved quicker to 60 mph and through the quarter mile. Plus, even without the premium nameplate, the redesigned Accord Touring actually felt more luxurious inside than the TLX. As long as all-wheel drive isn't a necessity, a loaded Accord offers a more compelling overall package.
And...
Unfortunately, neither the refresh nor the A-Spec package can completely overhaul the TLX's lackluster interior. For $45,765, most buyers will expect more. And although there's always strong competition in this segment, the Genesis G70 is about to go on sale in the U.S., making the choice even harder. Based on our initial driving impressions, we suspect it will be hard to pick the TLX over the all-wheel-drive version of the G70.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/acur...t-test-review/

And if we're going to talk top speed...

GT2 - 167 mph
A-Spec - 130 mph

And don't know what you're talking about w/ respect to the 2.0T Accord and Stinger.

C/D has the Accord governor limited to 126 mph and the 2.0T AWD Stinger governor limited to 132 mph.

Does it really matter on American roads? Btw, C/D has the top speed for the 2.0T Optima SX at 153 mph.

And sorry, in all likelihood, the GT2 (much less the G70) is more stable at high speeds than the A-Spec.
this your opinion not a fact.
Not simply my opinion; but based on what the automotive reviewers/publications have stated about the 2.

As stated, reviewers like Alex on Autos, Redline Reviews and Matt Maran have all stated that if they were going to get a 4-door for their own personal ride, it would be the Stinger (and not the Accord, much less the TLX).

And you're simply being delusional if you think a FWD sedan is as fun to drive as a RWD one (even an AWD sedan, whether it be FWD-transverse or longitudinal based is not as fun as a RWD one, just based on physics and the placement of the motor up front - forward to the front axle).

Wait, so tires are now suddenly important?

Well, how do you explain the Sonata ECO being quicker than the 2.4 TLX when it basically is shod w/ hybrid spec tires? lol
It is not doing well as Hyundai group will always have several times lower profits than Honda.
Oh, please - it wasn't that long ago that Hyundai had the highest margins in the industry next to BMW.

Honda did well this past Q due to cost cutting.

Hyundai is spending is a lot of $$ on new products - which has lowered their profits, but will pay off down the road.

It will be Korea el cheapo or German think its German developed vechile.
Wrong again - due to CO2 and displacement taxes - the Stinger is pretty pricey.

And funny, seem to recall that the pricing of the TLX is right about where the Stinger starts and the TLX doesn't go nearly as high as the Stinger ($44.8k vs. $51.4k for the Stinger).

They not stupid to start Acura without comprenshive hybrids across lineup like lexus.
And how long have they had to put in hybrid powertrains? lol

And it's not like hybrids were that popular in the EU; diesel or small displacement petrol powertrains dominated, altho hybrids are now starting to gain more traction as diesels have fallen out of favor.

Funny how Mazda does pretty well in the EU w/o hybrids.

Excuses, excuses - there's no reason why Acura shouldn't be in the EU when they were the 1st Japanese premium brand.

you have been repeating the same stale arguments for years. Audi has to launch ten times more vehicle combination than Acura to surpass it and they still caught up in diesel gate and vehicles ending up in rental fleets.. I wonder when you will learn anything about Honda.
1st off, why doesn't Honda invest more in Acura?

2nd, let's look at specific segments where the 2 compete (tho, many will say Acura doesn't really compete head to head w/ Audi).

ILX - 6,400 YTD
A3 - 11,742

And that's despite the A3 being more expensive (which holds true across the board).

TLX - 18,936
A4 - 19,244

So the TLX can't even outsell the A4, even when the A5 Sportback steals a good # of A4 sales.

RLX - 1,070
A6 - 5,533

And that's despite A6 supply constrained as it's turnover to the new model (last year the A6 had sold over 9k thru July).

And when it comes to car sales, Audi pales in comparison to MB and BMW, so Acura would be even more so (notwithstanding that Acura sedans get more compared to Buicks - the Regal, LaCrosse and departed Verano than the RWD Germans).

Last edited by YEH; 08-03-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Team Owner

His "$4000 POS" can put a proverbial smack down on your TLX in every single performance category possible
04WDPSeDaN (08-04-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 04:53 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Again the diverting game I was talking about. above (I was so damn right, again)

Hyundai/Kia can win at the most-baloney-for-the-buck. But that's still baloney.

I don't like baloney.

Both are more expensive than Acura TLX for not much added value. I have some experience with the Stinger and came out unimpressed, and the price was not that interesting.

The Kia Stinger and Genesis G70 are dead on birth animals. Both brands should have focused on SUV.
Methinks (as well as most of the auto-industry) that if anyone is making baloney, it's Acura w/ its tarted up Hondas and in close 2nd, Lexus (where tarted up Toyotas make up the bulk of Lexus sales); but at least Lexus still has a # of RWD models and a V8 (for certain of those models).

What's really telling now are the latest rides for 3 senior mods on the companion Lexus forum - 2 drive a top spec Stinger and 1 drives a G90.

The Lexus forum doesn't pay much attention at all to Acura, except to say how sorry the state that Acura's sedan lineup is in, but they have had long discussions on the G70, G80, G90 and Stinger.

Mazda has a better sedan/car line-up than Acura.

Last edited by YEH; 08-03-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Team Owner

Saintor trying to understand cars:

Saintor arguing at work about cars:

Saintor lecturing his kid about cars:

04WDPSeDaN (08-04-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Team Owner

I hope not.
I am getting confused, are you secretly wanting Acura to fail or something?
Old 08-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Team Owner

Old 08-03-2018, 05:48 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Holy Mackinaw, this thread is now a total fuck show.

You all should just go get a fucking room.

Quick Reply: Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News