Yup here's the same question, Oh but how has it changed in time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006 | 05:40 PM
2001 3.2 CL-S-TOTALLED

Yup here's the same question, Oh but how has it changed in time...

What's up guys,

Well I'm ready to do the dirty deed...(Another Mod)

I've read though some post and wanted an updated option,.(2006)

I am going to replace my fronts and rear's with aftermarket ones leaving the stock amp since I've heard that's a good option. (So what is currently out there that will be a great choice for this application) - Money is not an issue but I'm not stupid either

One question I had here was do I leave the stock tweets hooked up?

And then maybe going down the road (If I am NOT happy with the choice) Which little amp would work perfectly for this type of application? (Keep in mind, No sub, just want crystal clear music) but might need something to get the most out of these new speakers... Not sure yet...

What are your recommendations?

I am working to keep my car looking VERY classy (Very tasteful upgrades inside and out) yet sporty (Sleeper) - No one can see what's underneath the hood or behind the speaker covers

Plus all the mods looked like they belonged there in the first place if you bought the high end model

So let's here your 2006 opinions, which will be great appreciated.
Old 01-04-2006 | 05:47 PM
VP Electricity

Well, here's my 0.02... : )

I do sell a 6-speaker upgrade kit that uses new 130mm door mids, new rear 6x9 woofers, and new silk-dome 25mm tweeters.

The front speaks are made in Europe, the 6x9s are made in the US. They are all plug and play, they are set up to work off of the stock amp, they play smoother highs and lower lows and elevate the level of the vocalist to around eye level, and they are much lower distortion.

Whether you get that system or not, my experience says not to upgrade the fronts without upgrading the front tweets as well.

The Acura/Bose amp has OK output, but if you get component speakers with a more complex passive xover, you might have some issues at higher levels (I know the TSX amp does not like any inductor coils across the speaker terminals).

You could get better speakers... like the MB Quart RCE 269 or Genesis 6x9 woofers and a set of components up front that fit, like the DLS UP6. But they cost more and you won't get their full capability without upgrading the amp too.
Old 01-05-2006 | 02:30 PM
2001 3.2 CL-S-TOTALLED

Do you not have the brands of the speakers?

How do they compare to other aftermarket options?

Has any one on this site had them installed and what is the feedback?

Sound like a good option,

What's the cost?

and how long will it take for me to get them?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2006 | 03:00 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by csilva
Do you not have the brands of the speakers?

How do they compare to other aftermarket options?

Has any one on this site had them installed and what is the feedback?

Sound like a good option,

What's the cost?

and how long will it take for me to get them?

Thanks
They are our brand - "avincar". We do not own a speaker factory, but we have the 6x9s made in the US for this application and the mids and tweeters are made by European OEMs.

There are several people on the board who have purchased the upgrade kit for the TSX and the CL-S (same drivers, different xovers and mounting HW). Search for avincar and you should find a number of mentions... and I know vidgamer and pilbox and jlujka posted reviews.

Probably not shipping until next week at the moment.

Your best sounding option is definitely to replace the amp and then get even better speakers. These are optimized as a kit for the low-power of the amp.

For a better system, I would spend around $1K for a 4-channel amp and MBQ or Genesis 6x9s and DLS front components...
Old 01-06-2006 | 09:59 AM
2001 3.2 CL-S-TOTALLED

Originally Posted by elduderino
For a better system, I would spend around $1K for a 4-channel amp and MBQ or Genesis 6x9s and DLS front components...
Which Model of DLS? Classic, Reference or Ultimate?

Which model of the Genesis or MBQ's?

Which amps are good for this applications?

Your kit is only $450?
Old 01-06-2006 | 11:40 AM
VP Electricity

I have the Ultimate UP6 in my car and love them.

The amp in that price range is probably a Classic CA41. It's also what I have in my car.

Genesis only makes one 6x9 woofer and MB Quart only makes one 6x9 component (RCE269) as hasbeen discussed on this board many times. I like the MBQ better but it's hard to find any more.
Old 01-09-2006 | 10:49 AM
2001 3.2 CL-S-TOTALLED

When will you have the kit's available for the CL-S?

Also can I get the higher out put crossovers from you?

Are you doing a group purchase anytime soon?
Old 01-09-2006 | 12:38 PM
VP Electricity

The crossovers aren't higher output, they are higher power. They are NOT for use with the OEM amp.

We have the parts in stock to make a kit for you...we just are in the middle of moving.

What interior color do you have?
Old 01-09-2006 | 12:59 PM
2001 3.2 CL-S-TOTALLED

Originally Posted by elduderino
The crossovers aren't higher output, they are higher power. They are NOT for use with the OEM amp.

We have the parts in stock to make a kit for you...we just are in the middle of moving.

What interior color do you have?
- Beige, why?

So what exactly will I need to get a plug and play kit from you which inculded everything?

I will be keeping my stock h\u and amp.
Old 01-09-2006 | 01:06 PM
VP Electricity

OK, the kit comes with two 6x9 woofs that bolt in and use Acura speaker plugs, two door mids that bolt in and use Acura speaker plugs and spacers, and two tweeters that are already mounted into your interior color mirror sails and just snap into place (this is why I ask the interior color).

The tweets do not have Acura speaker plugs because the tweeter connectors are different and not avaialble. You use supplied squeeze-on wire T-taps and then plug the tweeter connectors into those.

Read this: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=avincar