XM commander install in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM commander install in NJ

Hey guys,

I just bought an XM commander. Is there anyone that can recommend a good installer in the northeastern New Jersey area?

Jeff
Old 01-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Advanced

I'm not sure if I wrote my original message before or after the merge of of the audio and video section. Does anyone know of a good installer in northern New Jersey that I can use to get my XM commander installed in my TSX?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Advanced

For all my cars I have always used Monmouth Stereo located in Shrewsbury which is right by Red Bank. Might be a little south of you but they do good work and are priced very reasonably.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
do you know morristown, new jersey? my neighbor goes there to get all of his things installed at a porsche dealership on sussex avenue...they are great...
Old 01-24-2005, 11:38 PM
o-qua tangin wann

NFL u wanna rock out a Legacy 1200 watt amp, maybe u dont know about any decent install spots. Not to be a dick, but c'mon.

Zippo's owns a few spots-- N. Plainfield, Belleville, Edison, and E. Brunswick, I've had work done there, and its decent, which is far better than a lot of other places. They scratched up the area under the navi/ stock cd changer, while getting behind the dash to splice some cables, however they offered to fix it. The service is good, and they know what they're doing, the only thing is that they seemed a bit rushed. BTW i go to the one in N. Plainfield, I've been to the E. Brunswick one and its a lot bigger.

Autogear in Plainfield seemed nice to me (when buying parts), until I got work done. They tried to rip me off; and I got a "WHAT?" instead of a "Good morning" when I dropped my car off in the morning to get my tints--- F that.

Sound Connection in Union on Rt. 22 East has some decent guys workin, they know what they're doin (which is always good), they're a little pricey IMO. I'vent been there to get work done in a minute (3 or 4 years), but the same guys are installin. (bought some cables there 2 months ago) Not the best of the best, but good.

Check out this place on Morris Ave-- I believe it's in Union, my cousin used to work there, and I've heard its good. Sorry I dunno the name.

From now on though, I try to do my own installs, I think that it's very difficult to find a place that actually cares about your car. It doesn't matter if they have an S600, an H2, and Porsche 911 sitting in front, IMO. I know you're not doing an extensive install, but it's better than to have a huge headache later. good luck.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ lol own3d, thumbs up on bigblazinboot's reply!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Advanced

Thanks! Yes, I grew up not far from Morristown so I know it well.

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
do you know morristown, new jersey? my neighbor goes there to get all of his things installed at a porsche dealership on sussex avenue...they are great...
Old 01-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Racer

i live in morristown now...i don't think that porsche dealership is there anymore.

(just to make sure i did a search at http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/...locator_us.cgi) and they didn't have one listed in mo'town either, would be nice to have a reputable place for installs so close to home though.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Advanced

I'll give Zippo's in Belleville a call. That place is close to where I live.

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by bigblazinboot
NFL u wanna rock out a Legacy 1200 watt amp, maybe u dont know about any decent install spots. Not to be a dick, but c'mon.

Zippo's owns a few spots-- N. Plainfield, Belleville, Edison, and E. Brunswick, I've had work done there, and its decent, which is far better than a lot of other places. They scratched up the area under the navi/ stock cd changer, while getting behind the dash to splice some cables, however they offered to fix it. The service is good, and they know what they're doing, the only thing is that they seemed a bit rushed. BTW i go to the one in N. Plainfield, I've been to the E. Brunswick one and its a lot bigger.

Autogear in Plainfield seemed nice to me (when buying parts), until I got work done. They tried to rip me off; and I got a "WHAT?" instead of a "Good morning" when I dropped my car off in the morning to get my tints--- F that.

Sound Connection in Union on Rt. 22 East has some decent guys workin, they know what they're doin (which is always good), they're a little pricey IMO. I'vent been there to get work done in a minute (3 or 4 years), but the same guys are installin. (bought some cables there 2 months ago) Not the best of the best, but good.

Check out this place on Morris Ave-- I believe it's in Union, my cousin used to work there, and I've heard its good. Sorry I dunno the name.

From now on though, I try to do my own installs, I think that it's very difficult to find a place that actually cares about your car. It doesn't matter if they have an S600, an H2, and Porsche 911 sitting in front, IMO. I know you're not doing an extensive install, but it's better than to have a huge headache later. good luck.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:56 PM
o-qua tangin wann

Where do u live bro? I used to cool out in N. Newark and Be-evil all the time. But I left that scene and am back in the burbs of Westfield.

Zippo's is a good choice, I wasn't clear about it being my top pick-- but it is.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Originally Posted by bigblazinboot

how old are u...5? personal attacks like this arn't neccesary, i know morris and essex county like the back of my hand, and i happen to know that this porsche dealership is great, because not only has my neighbor been there and they give amazing service he houses most of his kit cars. i know nothing about car audio, that dosn't leave an opening for a personal attack, i came here to this forum to share my knowledge and to get help with things i don't know about.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Originally Posted by rcz22
i live in morristown now...i don't think that porsche dealership is there anymore.

(just to make sure i did a search at http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/...locator_us.cgi) and they didn't have one listed in mo'town either, would be nice to have a reputable place for installs so close to home though.
i dont think they are official dealer anymore, i know for a fact that they are there because i drive by them everyday. i think they switched names and arn't part of the porsche loop
Old 01-25-2005, 05:21 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
NFL, I gotta say, that wasn't much of an attack onhis part - he softened it up pretty good.

To recommend that someone does great work and have credibility, you gotta have some knowledge and experience of your own to evaluate their work. If you don't have that, your judgement ain't something you should present to others as worth a lot. Maybe you could present it as "I hear" or "were recommended to me"... but if someone claims to know nothing about car audio, and they ask about gear that I know is crappy, then WHY should I listen to their recommendation? What value does their opinion hold?

It's not just you... I see 16-year-olds in this section talking like they are old hands at car audio, and it just ain't true... you gotta earn your ability to be listened to as an expert, that's all.

Now everybody stand down, K?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i stated that MY NEIGHBOR gets a lot of work done there on his kit cars and his own car, im not looking to pick a fight, but its disrespectful the things you guys say, not to be a softy but all im trying to do is help, and i don't see why you should say my opinion isn't valued. JerseyJeff was asking for recommended installers in northern jersey, well im not sure HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE FROM NORTHERN NEW JERSEY that post on this site, im sure there are a few but not so many that he can pick and choose the installers. so next time, don't tell me what to do and what not to do, act mature about things, people are here to help each other on boards, not to put down the help they are offering.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NFLblitze1 you've just had a long day. Lots of people have been getting on you because you posted Legacy stuff.

Don't worry about it man...everyone was just joking with you. Don't take it personal. Everyone is just kidding and giving you a hard time. No one is serious. When it's all said and done everyone is here and down to help you. You just gotta pay your dues as a newb that's all. So don't let it bug you.

After awhile...we'll all look back and say...Hey...NFLblitze1 remember when you posted that Legacy stuff? And we'll all laugh....some louder than others.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:54 PM
o-qua tangin wann

NFL...
"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"
-Artie Lang (Stern show)

No need to be :ghey: about it.
Maybe u just need a :gheyhug: .

haha, sorry man, be e-z. pllleeaaatthhhe? Ithh all in good funn
Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Advanced

Hey guys, I have tried ordering the Blitzsafe adapter from Autotoys.com and logjamelectronics.com and have not had any success. Neither place seems to have it. Are there any other stores that might have this product?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Advanced

I just found out where I could get the adapter. I just found out that Blitzsafe is located in New Jersey so I'm going to them to get it directly from them.

Thanks anyway for the help!