VERY new to this....MP3 and Sub integration

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VERY new to this....MP3 and Sub integration

Hey guys,

This is my first post in this section so please have patience! I have an 04 TSX non navi and i am looking to setup either an ipod or prefereable a Zune or likewise. I am not a huge fan of ipod's but if that is the easiest then i will get one of those. I have been searching for awhile and am very confused as to which units are for navi and non navi systems for the proper plug and play. Also, is there a different one that is needed for the ipod as apposed to another type of MP3 player? I have found the blitz one, the icelink, and the USA spec adaptor and i know where i am suppose to plug it in but not sure which one is the best quaility or which one goes with which setup.

I also already have a Kicker amp and 2 C10 subs installed and didn't know where that is plugged into in the back and wanted to make sure that doesn't conflict with a MP3 player setup.

If you guys could give me some information or point me in the direction of where i can find it, i would greatly appreciate it!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, I have (and love) the usa spec pa11-hon2y. Get it and you won't be disapointed. Its relatively cheap at around $130, and adds both ipod and aux RCA jacks (for Zune, if you choose). It will plug and play with the TSX, and takes about 47 seconds to install (in a TSX, much harder in a TL).

You can get any unit tho, and they won't interfere with your sub/amp.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Reach
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, I have (and love) the usa spec pa11-hon2y. Get it and you won't be disapointed. Its relatively cheap at around $130, and adds both ipod and aux RCA jacks (for Zune, if you choose). It will plug and play with the TSX, and takes about 47 seconds to install (in a TSX, much harder in a TL).

Thanks for the response Reach! Isn't that "y" though at the end of your product number for the navi? I thought i read somewhere about the "y" being used for the special adaptor for the navi unit, or do you have to buy another piece that hooks up to that "y"?

Here is the product you are talking about right?... http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1006

To go along with this unit, do i need to buy another thing that plugs into that with RCA's, cause i don't see RCA's in the picture?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Also, doe this allow you to charge the ipod as well, or is that a seperate feature?

EDIT: I just saw pictures of the back of it on a posting on ebay and saw the RCA in the back of the little white unit and it says that is charges the ipod as well. If i wanted to play something like the Zune i would need a RCA to mono headphone connector which i have! So i guess my only question is, where do you mount that white unit so you can switch it between the different modes? Or do you just pick a mod and leave it alone and just mount it behind the center console?

Last edited by jwood_04TSX; 01-18-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Reach

hey reach, i've got the same adapter. do you have any idea if there is any type of external screen i might be able to add to the usa_spec that would display something like just the artists and song title?

thanks!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
-Mike

where can the pa11-hon2y be purchased?

i have a 2005 tsx and want to get my zune mp3 player to work..any other tips?