TSX: Using an aftermarket amp alongside the factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:42 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using an aftermarket amp alongside the factory amp

I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for regarding an aftermarket 4 channel amp and aftermarket speakers. No subs just coax speakers from alpine (type s) and an alpine amp (mrp-f300). I have a 2006 acura tsx with navigation. My question is, would there be any issues if I ran this amp along with the factory amp? I plan on using this 4ch amp to power the front door 6.5s and rear deck 6x9s..the factory amp would power the remaining speakers. Would this work? Does this make sense? Any help, suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
6spd FTW

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Yes it would work, you would probably have to rewire the fronts though. I am unsure if the amp has separate wiring for the tweeters and door speakers. If it does, you could tap your 4ch right into the factory wiring at the amp. You would have to just cut it of course so you're not backfeeding into the factory amp. Could grab your signal right there too on the outputs of the factory amp.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:51 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply. im somewhat confused on how to wire this. i've done work on previous cars before so im not a complete newbie. i would of course need a LOC correct? for that, can i just tap into the rear door speakers? since it is still being powered by the factory amp. the LOC would then connect to the 4ch aftermarket amp which would then in turn power the front door speakers and rear deck speakers. haha hope this makes sense? again any suggestions would be helpful. also would this have any effect on my hands free link or turn bu turn direction in where the volume is muted or lowered? thanks in advance i appreciate it.